PDA

View Full Version : No more 'white lies'.....

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
....now we can just say we 'misspoke' :roll:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/campaign.wrap/index.html

I don't care how many places she'd been, words she's spoken etc....
.....I think you would remember correctly if you were UNDER SNIPER ATTACK! :shock:

What a piece of work she is.

SkinBasket
03-25-2008, 08:51 AM
According to an AP story at the time, Clinton was placed under no extraordinary risks on that trip. One of her companions, the comedian Sinbad, told The Washington Post he had no recollection either of the threat or reality of gunfire.

I don't know what is worse: Our potential next Commander in Chief making up stories about being shot at in foreign countries or traveling with Sinbad "the comedian."

Despite the diplomacy issues that could arise from her first claim, I'm leaning Sinbad here.

LL2
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
This is hilarious! She's trying to give the impression she would be a good Commander in Chief and she lies about sniper gunfire. Clinton and Obama are pretty much self destructing, and making McCain look better all the time.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 09:12 AM
I think she even exaggerated in her response:

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,"

So either she lied, or she talks way too much.

LL2
03-25-2008, 09:15 AM

She lied. Her husband talks too much!

red
03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
i don't know if obama is really self destructing. i think clinton has gone to the dirty campain and is trying to make obama look bad

she's going to end up taking both of them out of the running if she keeps it up

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2008, 10:39 AM
i don't know if obama is really self destructing. i think clinton has gone to the dirty campain and is trying to make obama look bad

she's going to end up taking both of them out of the running if she keeps it up
I agree on that. I haven't seen anything really negative about Obama. But the media does love him.

The Leaper
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree on that. I haven't seen anything really negative about Obama.

So hanging out in a church that hates the government and supports nutcases like Louis F and Khadafi for 15 years isn't negative? I guess earning a sweet real estate deal from a sleezebag is something we should all aim for as well.

I despise Clinton. She would do anything for power, and that isn't the kind of person I feel should represent our nation to the world.

I question Obama. The guy has potential, but his decision making to this point has been highly questionable at best.

Harlan Huckleby
03-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree on that. I haven't seen anything really negative about Obama. But the media does love him.

Obama just sealed his nomination by blocking revotes in MI & FL, states where Clinton was strong. It was a grubby excercise in old-school politics. Both revotes required buy-in by the candidates. Democrats can no longer complain about the Supreme Court intervention in Florida 2000, Obama's move was more nakedly cynical.

You might have heard that holding revotes was "changing the rules", but actually rescheduling a voided primary was completely within the letter and spirit of the rules that the Dems had established.

Most likely,you heard nothing at all about it. The media is quite infatuated with Obama. If Clinton tried a stunt like blocking a vote for political advantage, the columnists would be screaming bloody murder; cable TV would be decrying the evil, undemocratic power play by the Monster. There might be rioting in the streets.

Obama's theme of "unity" is a joke. If it meant anything at all, he would have insisted on including MI & FL voters so that he could achieve a legitimate nomination, rather than alienate a large segment of his party.

When Clinton floated the idea of sharing a ticket, Obama distorted her offer and declared indignity at being offered the VP by the trailing candidate. Clinton was not so stupid as to offer the VP, he twisted it to score points. Obama does not have a unifying instinct in his body.

Many Clinton supporters are moderates who will give John McCain a fair hearing. I don't see how Obama can win MI, FL, OH or PA next fall, electoral death for a Dem.

"Unity" is a beautiful sounding word. It also takes hard work and compromise with people you don't like. The vitriol coming from Obama supporters towards the Clinton camp makes a mockery of the slogan of Unity. If they think it is too tough to make peace within their own party, how likely are they to seek compromise with Republicans?

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Poor Chelsea looks terrified. Obviously there are bullets everywhere. That was a close call.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/03/25/campaign.wrap/art.clinton.bosnia.ap.file.jpg

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Hillary's head is down........and she's about to use that child as a 'shield' :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't make it sound like it was just Obama who had concerns about the FL mail-in vote. It's against FL law, the DNC had all sorts of issues with it as did the FL Democrats in charge.

MI revote is still with the legislature and they can't come to an agreement on what to do. Supporters for both candidates are making it sound like the other is blocking what should be happening.

As I said, the media loves Obama and I'm not saying he's perfect. But Hillary is more and more looking like a desperate whiner. We don't need someone like that as president.

Harlan Huckleby
03-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't make it sound like it was just Obama who had concerns about the FL mail-in vote. It's against FL law, the DNC had all sorts of issues with it as did the FL Democrats in charge.

Forget the mail-in. There was plenty of money to fund a real primary. The campaigns could have kicked-in fairly painlessly.
Obama withheld support for any revote, which is all he had to do in FL.
No revote was going forward without support from the candidates, the local politicians made clear they weren't going to be in middle of a dispute.

MI revote is still with the legislature and they can't come to an agreement on what to do. Supporters for both candidates are making it sound like the other is blocking what should be happening.

The Michigan revote moved further along, which called Obama's bluff. He had to openly lobby against it via his lawyer. (There were some legitimate eligibility concerns, but it was very doable on balance.) The Michigan Senate Majority Leader said when the legislature adjorned that the effort died because both candidates didn't support it.

You can call two states being unnecessarily excluded from voting as "whining." I'd say it's a major rotten jobbing. Guess people will look differently at it.

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
You can call two states being unnecessarily excluded from voting as "whining." I'd say it's a major rotten jobbing. Guess people will look differently at it.
They didn't play by the established rules and they paid the price. I have no sympathy for FL or MI. If they want someone to blame, they have to look no further then their elected officials who wanted to be an important early poll and be relevant. It backfired horribly.

red
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
the states have no one to blame but themselves for their primary votes not counting

they were told not to move the dates up or the votes wouldn't count, the states moved them up anyways

obama followed the party rules and did not campaign there and was not on the ballot. clinton broke the part rules in michigan and was on the ballot, i think she even showed up in lansing before the vote.

why did she do it, if she wasn't suppose to and if she had nothing to gain?

could it be so she could then turn around and support a revote and already have a big leg up on obama in the state by campaigning there already and by already winning a vote against no one? she would have a clear unfair advantage in the state.

to redo the vote would be like punishing obama for following the clear rules that were laid out before hand. IMO. and by obama saying "hey, rules are rules, and i followed them", clinton is spinning that to make obama look like a complete dick that doesn't want peoples votes to count.

and this is coming from a dem from michigan

and i honestly think obama would win michigan anyways. he would win detroit in a landslide where a large chunk of the population lives. or it would at least be close enough to not really matter in the overall count

clintons odds of winning at this point are very slim with the lead obama has, and she's kicking and screaming and throwing a fit about it in a desperate state. she'll go on TV and cry again, and maybe pick up a few more votes, but it won't be enough to win

and all she's doing now is hurting her parties chances of winning

Harlan Huckleby
03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
They didn't play by the established rules and they paid the price.

Who's "they"? Do you think it is reasonable to impose punishment on 5 million voters who did nothing wrong?

And the local party officials who broke the rules aren't necessarily wrong. What is right about allowing two small states disproportionate power? And as it turns out, N.H. broke the rules too by moving their primary ahead, but the national DNC didn't have the guts to disenfranchise them.

Look, this was a screw-up the national DNC, especially Howard Dean. Remember, the republicans had the same issue to deal with, MI & FL republicans moved up too, and they came-up with a sane resolution.

Harlan Huckleby
03-25-2008, 12:27 PM
the states have no one to blame but themselves for their primary votes not counting

they were told not to move the dates up or the votes wouldn't count, the states moved them up anyways

Yes, but there was a simple remedy to allow the voters to have a say.

If you think it is more fair and reasonable to punish voters for their non-crime than to schedule a new vote, nothing I could say to dissuade you.

obama followed the party rules and did not campaign there and was not on the ballot. clinton broke the part rules in michigan and was on the ballot, i think she even showed up in lansing before the vote.

I never heard anything about Lansing, I doubt it is true, no candidate would be so foolish. The candidates took a pledge not to campaign, that's all. Obama chose to remove his name from the ballot for his own political strategy.
I saw Chris Dodd, now an Obama supporter, being asked about this issue last weekend. Turns out he had his name on ballot too, so it took him for a loop.
This "name on the ballot" misinformation just own't die.

to redo the vote would be like punishing obama for following the clear rules that were laid out before hand. IMO. and by obama saying "hey, rules are rules, and i followed them", clinton is spinning that to make obama look like a complete dick that doesn't want peoples votes to count.

I really can't follow your reasoning. How does a revote punish Obama? Wouldn't he benefit from a fully legitimate nomination?

And you are repeating the same misinformation. ALL 12 of the candidates followed the rules. This business of saying "rules are rules, and Obama followed them" is just a flat-out lie. I'm not saying you are a liar, but you are repeating misinformation.

and i honestly think obama would win michigan anyways.

If so, why did he fight the revote in MI?

He would probably win the nomination even with revotes in MI & FL. He calculated that he didn't want to take the risk, his media support would limit the blowback.

Terrible idea, a decision made in the heat of an ugly battle. Obama has split the Dem party with this tactic.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Remember, the republicans had the same issue to deal with, MI & FL republicans moved up too, and they came-up with a sane resolution.

Good point. I think I'll change my vote to Republican.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Hillary's head is down........and she's about to use that child as a 'shield' :lol:

Here's what she was saying to that cute little girl. "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too".

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
They didn't play by the established rules and they paid the price.

Who's "they"? Do you think it is reasonable to impose punishment on 5 million voters who did nothing wrong?

And the local party officials who broke the rules aren't necessarily wrong. What is right about allowing two small states disproportionate power? And as it turns out, N.H. broke the rules too by moving their primary ahead, but the national DNC didn't have the guts to disenfranchise them.

Look, this was a screw-up the national DNC, especially Howard Dean. Remember, the republicans had the same issue to deal with, MI & FL republicans moved up too, and they came-up with a sane resolution.
The local party officials were wrong. They were told not to move it up or they wouldn't be counted. They ignored the DNC and now face the consequences. It's pretty damn simple.

Again, the voters in MI and FL can take it out on the local party officials come election time. It does suck that their votes aren't counted, but that was the gamble those states leaders took when they held the primaries early.

Gotta follow the rules. Without rules we're just a bunch of fat, drunken, stupid, crap-flinging Bears fans.

Harlan Huckleby
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
The local party officials were wrong. They were told not to move it up or they wouldn't be counted. They ignored the DNC and now face the consequences. It's pretty damn simple.

One thing for sure is that its not simple. I dare you to explain why its simple that New Hampshire was not punished.

There were other options to punish the party officials. Make them inelegible to attend conventions. Penalize a portion of delegates.

But we're discussing the option to reschedule the primary, nobody is challenging the rule that caused the problem.

Again, the voters in MI and FL can take it out on the local party officials come election time.

That doesn't solve the current injustice, and its an important one. MI & FL could make a difference in who is president for the next 8 years.

Gotta follow the rules. Without rules we're just a bunch of fat, drunken, stupid, crap-flinging Bears fans.

This is misleading. Rescheduling a voided primary is clearly within the rules. Common sense and fairness suggests the only way to fix the problem was to have a revote. And money wasn't an issue in MI, they already had enough donors.

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Hillary responds to her 'misspeak' on Bosnia
.....she claims she's only human...unlike what some people think. :roll:

Guess, I'm excempt there.......I've never considered her 'human'. :lol:

BallHawk
03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Hillary's head is down........

Trying to impress Bill by doing her best Monica impersonation? :?:

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM

No silly :oops: ......she's ducking bullets.

BallHawk
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM

No silly :oops: ......she's ducking bullets.

So was Monica.....

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Hillary has a credibility issue. What a great story. Obama ought to just come out and call her a liar.

SNL should have a lot of fun with this one.

Little Whiskey
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,"

Clinton is a female......which means she talks to much :D

Detroit has too large of a democratic following (ie UAW)......they will vote dem.

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2008, 04:43 PM

One thing for sure is that its not simple. I dare you to explain why its simple that New Hampshire was not punished.
Fine, MI screwed everything up by voting that they would hold their primary on 1/15, thus forcing NH by their state law to have their primary on 1/8 (which their law states that they have to be 7 days prior to any other like primary, Iowa is excluded as that is a caucus). So the DNC is going to go after a state for following it's own laws? Given MI wouldn't budge, NH primary had to go on to follow it's own state laws. MI thought they found a loophole as they tried to bring NH down with them by using NH's own laws to force them to violate the DNC rules. The DNC recognized this and thus did not punish NH. There's no double standard here. MI willingly spat in the face of the DNC, refused to budge and now they paid the price.

Simple. Cause and effect.

Again, the voters in MI and FL can take it out on the local party officials come election time.

That doesn't solve the current injustice, and its an important one. MI & FL could make a difference in who is president for the next 8 years.
8 years? Last I heard there was an election 4 years from now. If they wanted to make a difference, their elected officials shouldn't have been so stupid as to go against the DNC when the penalties were laid out for them at the start. They voluntarily took themselves out of the game.

This is misleading. Rescheduling a voided primary is clearly within the rules. Common sense and fairness suggests the only way to fix the problem was to have a revote. And money wasn't an issue in MI, they already had enough donors.
Sure they could have rescheduled, but the only option in FL was mail-ins and that's against their state law. In MI, it has to pass the legislature and they cannot come to an agreement on what to do. They sure as shit could come to one when they thought they were being cute with being an early "important" primary.

Like I said, I have no sympathy for them. Sure, the voters got hosed. But there were no surprises on what the penalties were going to be. The blame also falls on the voters that they knew the consequences and didn't force their officials to make the changes.

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Clinton is a female......which means she talks to much :D

Detroit has too large of a democratic following (ie UAW)......they will vote dem.

Talk alot, talk too much.........just tell the truth.

Joemailman
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
The funny thing is Hillary said she made the trip because it was too dangerous for the President. So the President sends his wife and only child? ....."Hi Monica. Bill here. Come on over. I sent Hill and the little brat to Bosnia. Oh, and wear that blue dress I really like."

packinpatland
03-26-2008, 06:29 AM
The funny thing is Hillary said she made the trip because it was too dangerous for the President. So the President sends his wife and only child? ....."Hi Monica. Bill here. Come on over. I sent Hill and the little brat to Bosnia. Oh, and wear that blue dress I really like."

Let's not forget that the helicopter had to make a corkscrew landing. :roll:

LL2
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Let's not forget that the helicopter had to make a corkscrew landing. :roll:

Do you women like the corkscrew landing?

The Shadow
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
It takes a village to elect an idiot.

packinpatland
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Sleep deprivation? :shock: ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 3 am call is starting to sound like a bit of a stretch. :roll:

swede
03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
When I first heard the story I thought that there had to be some explanation--some misunderstanding.

Then I saw the clip as she flat-out lied.

WTF?

Did she think we'd not have remembered if the First Lady had come under sniper fire? It would have been a huge, hairy stinking deal!

Next she'll be remembering Christmas in Cambodia.

The Democrats had the White House on a silver platter and they are steadily blowing it. Wow.

GWB never had this trouble with forgetfulness. He was pretty well drunk straight through to his thirties and simply doesn't remember a damn thing well enough to misremember it for dramatic effect. He's pretty sure he flew some jets in the Texas Air National Guard though.

Mmmmrrraaaoowwwww! Yee Haw!

Joemailman
03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Perhaps we've all been too fast to judge Hillary. New footage revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc

hurleyfan
03-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Perhaps we've all been too fast to judge Hillary. New footage revealed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVEDq6RVXc

That's funny!

Wasn't there a problem with a "banking institution" Hillary was involved with?

packinpatland
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM
That's EXACTLY how she remembers it! :roll:

MadtownPacker
03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
http://images.craigslist.org/010110010311011614200803277b39f418ccf42522a800c385 .jpg

hoosier
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
http://images.craigslist.org/010110010311011614200803277b39f418ccf42522a800c385 .jpg

Did Harlan put you up to that? :lol:

MadtownPacker
03-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Did Harlan put you up to that? :lol:Nah, just found it on craiglist and thought it was some funny shit.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I like it!

I have developed a deep hatred for Obama Nation. But I will vote for an Obama-Clinton ticket if the party comes back together, as I hope. McCain ain't so bad for an old crazy guy, I would support him over OBama & a generic Dem.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Looks like Harlan would prefer to look the other way on her little white(water) lies.

packinpatland
03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
That woman lied! Dishonesty is one thing that I just don't have tolerance for.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like Harlan would prefer to look the other way on her little white(water) lies.

whitewater! Whoa, that's a trip down memory lane. They never pinned a damn thing on the Clintons. They didn't do it. And if they did it, you can't prove nothin.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 03:08 PM

whitewater! Whoa, that's a trip down memory lane. They never pinned a damn thing on the Clintons. They didn't do it. And if they did it, you can't prove nothin.

Only because all the remaining witnesses were killed by sniper fire when they landed in Bosnia.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM

Are you talking about her Bosnia war stories?

They did emphasize the danger of sniper fire to her party before they landed. Clinton blew that up to a good story. It was pretty bad and embarassing to see the videotaped reality, I agree.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Only because all the remaining witnesses were killed by sniper fire when they landed in Bosnia.

Watch your tongue, the Clintons can reach you, too.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 03:34 PM

Looks like someone may not have read the original article.

Cheesehead Craig
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM

1 point for Scott.

packinpatland
03-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Carl Bernstein (A Woman in Charge; Knopf; 2007; p. 554)

"As Hillary has continued to speak from the protective shell of her own making, and packaged herself for the widest possible consumption, she has misrepresented not just facts but often her essential self."

When you lie to yourself, and then start believing your lies......you're doomed.

red
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Carl Bernstein (A Woman in Charge; Knopf; 2007; p. 554)

"As Hillary has continued to speak from the protective shell of her own making, and packaged herself for the widest possible consumption, she has misrepresented not just facts but often her essential self."

When you lie to yourself, and then start believing your lies......you're doomed.

"just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it"

-George Costanza

packinpatland
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Ahhhhh..............that explains it.

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Sounds like the Bart Simpson Defense--"I didn't do it; Nobody saw me do it; You can't prove that I did."

My favorite was the one about how she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary--even though she was born two years before he climbed Mount Everest.

Lying is one thing. Being transparent about it is something else. Slick Willie would never get caught in that kind of a whopper.

Nevertheless, I'd much rather have her as president than Obama.

Thank goodness McCain is taking the lead in the polls over both of them.

packinpatland
03-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Sounds like the Bart Simpson Defense--"I didn't do it; Nobody saw me do it; You can't prove that I did."

My favorite was the one about how she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary--even though she was born two years before he climbed Mount Everest.

Lying is one thing. Being transparent about it is something else. Slick Willie would never get caught in that kind of a whopper.

"I did not have sex with that woman!"

MJZiggy
03-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey, she's the one who blew that one. Wait. :oops:

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2008, 08:40 PM

"I did not have sex with that woman!"

Yes, but don't forget the pre-eminent element of the Clinton Legacy: Oral sex isn't really sex--just ask any teenager.

Harlan Huckleby
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Ziggy, why don't you & JoeMailman flip a coin, and only one of you gets to use Brett Favre walking off the field as your avatar. This is causing mass confusion.

MJZiggy
03-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Actually, he's walking ONTO the field, but if I remember, I'll likely change mine this weekend anyway.

gex
03-28-2008, 03:15 AM
As the parent of a little girl I am voting for Hillary all the way. If she does not get the nod then I am voting for McCain. He seems to be honest in his intentions no matter which political side it lands on and I respect that. Whoever becomes president doesn't really affect us for we are just pawns in the grand scheme of things. Capitalsim, socialism, communism, how much would your day to day life really change. Honestly :shock:

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 08:14 AM
As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will have our first woman president.
When that happens, I want that woman to be one of integrity and honesty, one that willl be the role model for furture generations of women leaders.

Sen. Clinton, today, is not that woman.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
As the parent of a little girl I am voting for Hillary all the way. If she does not get the nod then I am voting for McCain.

I most likely will be voting for McCain too. I am doing so because I think McCain will be an excellent president, at least until he dies.

Barack Obama is probably about #274 on my list of people who I would vote for president. But if the Dems miraculously are able to put together a Obama-Clinton ticket, I'm sticking with them. In my mind, the Obama camp accepting Clinton will show a willingness to compromise, and I suspect she will have an important role if she does take the job.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will have our first woman president.
When that happens, I want that woman to be one of integrity and honesty, one that willl be the role model for furture generations of women leaders.

Sen. Clinton, today, is not that woman.

You really need to find a woman to support, not just criticize the field. I think you will find any person under a heavy spot light will have warts.

You don't like Clinton or McCain, can you accept Obama?

Most people will lie under pressure, and presidential candidates are under severe, constant pressure.

When Obama was faced with his wife's "Proud of America for the very first time" controversy, he said that Michelle meant she was proud of his new style of politics. This was not true.

When confronted with the Jeremiah Wright calamity , Obama said he was unaware that Wright was saying such things in church. This is a bald-faced lie, and a substantive one. The public is interviewing Obama for a job, and rightly or wrongly they consider the political activity in Obama's church to be relevant. Interviews with people in-the-know indicate that Wright's comments were typical of that flavor of black churches. Obama was there for 20 years, he's lying.

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
I am not criticizing the field. And when the right woman is on the ticket I will support her 100%

As for who tells lies about what............I don't condone either one, or anyone.

Hillary simply seems to have a harder time with 'remembering' things correctly and putting them in the right context.... ie.....NAFTA, Northern Ireland, Bosnia........

Another instance that doesn't really matter but proves a point is this: After 9/11 Hillary said she couldn't contact her daugher Chelsea, was worried because she was near ground zero, hated making that phone call to Bill who was in Australia at the time.......................turns out Chelsea was in Manhattan.....the other end of Manhattan, was not slightly in harm's way......and she called her Mom.

I see all politicians stretch , embellish, hide, or simply lie about what's true.
Hillary has a propensity to do all of the above way too much.

Apparently I'm not alone in my thinking:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080328/pl_bloomberg/an1m3y9lbyd4

Like Mother like daughter:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/27/829226.aspx

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 11:08 AM
PIP, you are passionately opposed to some politicians, but I have never seen you support anyone. Even under extreme duress, you wouldn't endorse any particular female politican.

Is Obama worthy?

What's it gonna take to get you to crack? Complaining is easy, I dare you to like somebody.

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
You got it. I LIKE Obama.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Do you have a crush on Obama?

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Yea.........that would be the reason. :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm just referring to the new Obama Girl video. Don't get all feminist on me. And it's OK if you have an attraction, I think about Hillary every night.

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
"I think about Hillary every night."

You've just removed all doubt that I had left................you are a sick puppy.

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Clinton is showing that side this week. At events in Pennsylvania, Washington and North Carolina, she touched on her courtship with husband Bill, loans she took out as a law school student, her late father's efforts to find cheap gasoline and a trip she made to the emergency room as a young child.

In a speech on Monday outlining her proposals to curb the U.S. housing crisis, Clinton told an audience in Philadelphia about the former president's purchase of their first house.

"I remember like it was yesterday when Bill bought our first home," she said.

"It was back in 1975 and we were living in Arkansas and teaching at the university there in the law school. We weren't yet married -- though not for lack of asking on Bill's part."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Remember it like yesterday"............this from a woman who remembers corkscrew landings and sniper fire.............

I'm sorry for my contiunal 'harping' on Hillary......it's just too hard not to. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Clinton is showing that side this week. At events in Pennsylvania, Washington and North Carolina, she touched on her courtship with husband Bill, loans she took out as a law school student, her late father's efforts to find cheap gasoline and a trip she made to the emergency room as a young child.

In a speech on Monday outlining her proposals to curb the U.S. housing crisis, Clinton told an audience in Philadelphia about the former president's purchase of their first house.

"I remember like it was yesterday when Bill bought our first home," she said.

"It was back in 1975 and we were living in Arkansas and teaching at the university there in the law school. We weren't yet married -- though not for lack of asking on Bill's part."

"Remember it like yesterday"............this from a woman who remembers corkscrew landings and sniper fire.............

I'm sorry for my contiunal 'harping' on Hillary......it's just too hard not to. :wink:

Give it a rest. Or should we start up with a 72 year old who can't differentiate tween sunnis and shites.

Or a former president who uttered I can't recall...i don't know..somewhere in the hundreds.

SkinBasket
03-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Or a former president who uttered I can't recall...i don't know..somewhere in the hundreds.

You leave Bill out of this!

Scott Campbell
03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will ............

I thought you were going to say "find a cure for PMS".

The Shadow
03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
As a little girl I am voting for Hillary all the way.

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 07:19 PM
As the parent of three daughters, I very much look forward to the day when the United States will ............

I thought you were going to say "find a cure for PMS".

............and that too. :wink:

Deputy Nutz
03-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I am not criticizing the field. And when the right woman is on the ticket I will support her 100%

As for who tells lies about what............I don't condone either one, or anyone.

Hillary simply seems to have a harder time with 'remembering' things correctly and putting them in the right context.... ie.....NAFTA, Northern Ireland, Bosnia........

Another instance that doesn't really matter but proves a point is this: After 9/11 Hillary said she couldn't contact her daugher Chelsea, was worried because she was near ground zero, hated making that phone call to Bill who was in Australia at the time.......................turns out Chelsea was in Manhattan.....the other end of Manhattan, was not slightly in harm's way......and she called her Mom.

I see all politicians stretch , embellish, hide, or simply lie about what's true.

My mother is the same way as you, but she is a staunch republican who says very nasty, nasty things about Hilary.

I don't like H. Clinton, but if I was a woman, I think I couldn't resist voting for her, I guess you are not a feminist, go make you husband a Turkey Pot Pie!

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 08:25 PM

My mother is the same way as you, but she is a staunch republican who says very nasty, nasty things about Hilary.

I don't like H. Clinton, but if I was a woman, I think I couldn't resist voting for her, I guess you are not a feminist, go make you husband a Turkey Pot Pie!

I'm a staunch INDEPENDENT!

And when the right woman runs for president, she'll get my vote.
I've never made a Turkey Pot Pie..........got a good recipe?

Deputy Nutz
03-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Isn't any woman the right woman, considering there hasn't been one yet? I am no woman so I don't have to vote for her, but really, you might get a better wage if she takes second to McCain.

MJZiggy
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Isn't any woman the right woman, considering there hasn't been one yet? I am no woman so I don't have to vote for her, but really, you might get a better wage if she takes second to McCain.

No, because if it's the wrong woman, she might be as stupid as George (though that's a stretch) and if she is, then the men will use that as a reason to justify not ever voting for a woman again even if the next female candidate IS the right one.

Deputy Nutz
03-28-2008, 08:59 PM

No, because if it's the wrong woman, she might be as stupid as George (though that's a stretch) and if she is, then the men will use that as a reason to justify not ever voting for a woman again even if the next female candidate IS the right one.

Well, we are going to keep voting for men after George Bush.

On thing, Hilary isn't stupid, she might have a horrible personality, but she knows the issues better than Obama. She is no dummy

MJZiggy
03-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I wasn't saying she is, just that if we elect the wrong woman, that some will attribute it to the gender as opposed to the individual. I use stupidity as an example because we have such a good example of it seated in office now.

texaspackerbacker
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
The country really could use a good CONSERVATIVE PRO-AMERICAN female candidate; Likewise, the country could really use a good CONSERVATIVE PRO-AMERICAN black candidate.

We could have both with Condoleeza Rice. I certainly would support her enthusiastically. The leftist mainstream media, however, would do its best to destroy her--and to do so in the sickest racist way.

Deputy Nutz
03-28-2008, 11:38 PM
The country really could use a good CONSERVATIVE PRO-AMERICAN female candidate; Likewise, the country could really use a good CONSERVATIVE PRO-AMERICAN black candidate.

We could have both with Condoleeza Rice. I certainly would support her enthusiastically. The leftist mainstream media, however, would do its best to destroy her--and to do so in the sickest racist way.

You ever listen to MANCOW? He loves to bash the left wing media. He is a nationally syndicated radio personality.

http://mancow.com/

MJZiggy
03-29-2008, 06:57 AM

They can no longer bash Condoleeza on race because they'd get hammered for the fact that they attempted to make Obama's race a non-issue (except for the pastor thing and even with that, he got off much easier than he might have).

I would have to see where Condi stood on things in order to consider her as a candidate. There are those that still want to know that before jumping on someone's bandwagon.

Harlan Huckleby
03-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I disliked Condi (why do we always go female politicians by their first names? Is it because they are darling?) from the start because she is robotic and evasive. But in comparison to the other thugs that Monsignor Bush has surrounded himself with, Condi is looking better and better. She comes off as the voice of reason in the Frontline documentary about Iraq.

I doubt she would have much appeal as an elected politician. But maybe that's how i see her personality.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2008, 02:46 PM

You ever listen to MANCOW? He loves to bash the left wing media. He is a nationally syndicated radio personality.

I've heard Mancow, and he's OK on most issues. As I recall, he was a little too much like a Libertarian for my taste, though, not to mention being a loud-mouth. I wonder whether that's really his name, or whether it is like a euphemism for bull.

Regarding Condoleeza Rice, I've heard she is a solid conservative on most issues--which to me, makes her a good electoral prospect. She also seems to be a good speaker, and is unquestionably intelligent and competent.

I think maybe she prefers to avoid the racial epithets she would inevitably get from leftists--who absolutely detest any black who gets off the liberal plantation. I recall some really rotten remarks about her from liberal sources a couple of years ago.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM

I've heard Mancow, and he's OK on most issues. As I recall, he was a little too much like a Libertarian for my taste, though, not to mention being a loud-mouth. I wonder whether that's really his name, or whether it is like a euphemism for bull.

Regarding Condoleeza Rice, I've heard she is a solid conservative on most issues--which to me, makes her a good electoral prospect. She also seems to be a good speaker, and is unquestionably intelligent and competent.

I think maybe she prefers to avoid the racial epithets she would inevitably get from leftists--who absolutely detest any black who gets off the liberal plantation. I recall some really rotten remarks about her from liberal sources a couple of years ago.

His real name is Eric Mueller. He is on Fox and Friends quite a bit.

He is a loud mouth but he has gone from shock jock to to talking mostly about social issues, and politics. He still has his flare, and I listen to him when I can on the internet. Fell asleep listening to him last night.

I guess I like him because I am more of a Ron Paul type, but anyways...

Scott Campbell
03-30-2008, 10:44 AM

They did emphasize the danger of sniper fire to her party before they landed. Clinton blew that up to a good story. It was pretty bad and embarassing to see the videotaped reality, I agree.

They're roasting her pretty good this morning. Brit Hume called it a "whopper" of a lie.

Joemailman
03-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I disliked Condi (why do we always go female politicians by their first names? Is it because they are darling?) from the start because she is robotic and evasive. But in comparison to the other thugs that Monsignor Bush has surrounded himself with, Condi is looking better and better. She comes off as the voice of reason in the Frontline documentary about Iraq.

I doubt she would have much appeal as an elected politician. But maybe that's how i see her personality.

The Clinton campaign is the reason why she is primarily called by her first name. They made the decision to emphasize Hillary instead of Clinton.

I don't think Rice has much interest in the rough and tumble of politics. When all this is over, I suspect she'll go back to working for Exxon.