PDA

View Full Version : Youngest Self Made Billionairre?

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Damn, this kid hit the jackpot.

http://images.forbes.com/media/2008/03/04/youngest_clk.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billionaires08_Mark-Zuckerberg_I9UB.html

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM

MadtownPacker
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I was reading an article last week (cant find it right now) about this guy and several other young millionaries. Very impressive. Makes me feel like a total loser. Did you see the hot chick this geek is with?

Partial - These guys are who you should want to be.

Partial
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Hopefully someday. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve. If I were Mark Z, I'd have sold the site by now and gotten out. Seems like a pain in the rear and you've already got more money than you'll ever need.

MJZiggy
03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Maybe he likes it.

MadtownPacker
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Seems like a pain in the rear and you've already got more money than you'll ever need.With that attitude you will never make it. Thats like as drug dealer saying he wants to stop selling because too many people want his product.

Zool
03-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree with P. Sites generally tend to come and go. If he can find someone to pay 1.5B for that site, sell it and start something else.

3irty1
03-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Guys like this are wired differently. I'm not surprised he didn't sell. He's a super genius who is proud of his creation and wants it done his way.

LL2
03-26-2008, 08:54 AM
I agree with P. Sites generally tend to come and go. If he can find someone to pay 1.5B for that site, sell it and start something else.

I agree with this. You have to evaluate if the site has reached it's potential. Mark Cuban got out at the right time, I think he sold Broadcast.com, and is now a billionaire for life. Zuckerman can still invest that 1.5 billion and make himeself infinitely wealthier. Say he invested that $1.5 B and average a 20% return a year his wealth would grow to $3,732,480,000 in 5 years. He would only be 28 years old. He could pass up Bill Gates and Warren Buffet before he's even 40 years old. Of course all of this is hypothetical, but still possible.

MadtownPacker
03-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree with P.Think carefully about what you are saying.

Cheesehead Craig
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM

I agree with this. You have to evaluate if the site has reached it's potential. Mark Cuban got out at the right time, I think he sold Broadcast.com, and is now a billionaire for life. Zuckerman can still invest that 1.5 billion and make himeself infinitely wealthier. Say he invested that $1.5 B and average a 20% return a year his wealth would grow to $3,732,480,000 in 5 years. He would only be 28 years old. He could pass up Bill Gates and Warren Buffet before he's even 40 years old. Of course all of this is hypothetical, but still possible.
He could then buy the Bucks, and we'd at least have a rich owner who has some passion and is still alive. I believe Herb died years ago and he is kept moving by a complex system of pullies and levers.

Partial
03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Guys like this are wired differently. I'm not surprised he didn't sell. He's a super genius who is proud of his creation and wants it done his way.

He won't feel that way in a year or two when its no longer the big thing and people are on the next FB. You gotta play the dollar when its hot. Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-26-2008, 11:27 AM
[quote=3irty1]Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.

Strangely, that works for women as well.

3irty1
03-26-2008, 12:00 PM

He won't feel that way in a year or two when its no longer the big thing and people are on the next FB. You gotta play the dollar when its hot. Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.

Yeah but the guy has giraffe money. When I say that I mean he has enough money to inquire about the price of a giraffe. When you have virtually unlimited money, it might not be worth it to unload your baby for more.

3irty1
03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Get in, get off, get out. That my theory.

Strangely, that works for women as well.

fixed

Partial
03-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Yeah but the guy has giraffe money. When I say that I mean he has enough money to inquire about the price of a giraffe. When you have virtually unlimited money, it might not be worth it to unload your baby for more.

:lol: giraffe money. I like that.

The Leaper
03-26-2008, 04:26 PM

I'd sell just to get some cash. The vast bulk of his worth is tied up in his business. Until he banks that coin, it ain't liquid. That is why he started selling off chunks to Microsoft.

$1B for a simple idea is crazy. Don't be like the greedy SOBs on Weakest Link. Bank that coin!

SkinBasket
03-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm sure as a young dork, he's probably afraid that once he sells his hot commodity, he'll become irrelevant, like he was not too long ago, and poof, there goes all his attention. He is literally and figuratively at the center of one of the largest social networks on earth. For a geek that's been ignored his whole life (judging from his pallid complexion and computer guy hair), that's got to be hard to give up, even if it is for obscene GP. All the GP in the world won't be able to buy him back the Charisma Points his website's earning him right now.

Partial
03-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm sure as a young dork, he's probably afraid that once he sells his hot commodity, he'll become irrelevant, like he was not too long ago, and poof, there goes all his attention. He is literally and figuratively at the center of one of the largest social networks on earth. For a geek that's been ignored his whole life (judging from his pallid complexion and computer guy hair), that's got to be hard to give up, even if it is for obscene GP. All the GP in the world won't be able to buy him back the Charisma Points his website's earning him right now.

I bet that dude boned far more chicks than you before you were married. That is crazy talk to imply someone is a dork based off how you look. You have the stereotypical nerd look down to a T and you're calling somebody else out on it?

3irty1
03-26-2008, 07:32 PM

I bet that dude boned far more chicks than you before you were married. That is crazy talk to imply someone is a dork based off how you look. You have the stereotypical nerd look down to a T and you're calling somebody else out on it?

Lol. Wouldn't that make him more qualified to call him out on it?

MJZiggy
03-26-2008, 08:25 PM

He does??? :?: I think it was just the alcohol...

SkinBasket
03-26-2008, 08:35 PM

Standing up for a fellow lonely, pale, "I'm overweight, but it's just a phase," comp sci dork. I get it. But you... telling someone they have "the stereotypical nerd look down to a T?" That's more than a bit humorous.

I'm not claiming I'm not a nerd. I like RPGs, books, anime, and other dorky stuff. But seriously Partial? You think you're Herculean? All *cough* 5 foot *cough*cough* 11 inches of you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll start a poll. You like polls after all.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Standing up for a fellow lonely, pale, "I'm overweight, but it's just a phase," comp sci dork. I get it. But you... telling someone they have "the stereotypical nerd look down to a T?" That's more than a bit humorous.

I'm not claiming I'm not a nerd. I like RPGs, books, anime, and other dorky stuff. But seriously Partial? You think you're Herculean? All *cough* 5 foot *cough*cough* 11 inches of you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll start a poll. You like polls after all.

Are you saying Partial isn't buff? I thought with his rigorous workout plan and his tennis playing he was at least in shape.

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
He already told you once that his girlfriend hates that he's fat. It's all the redeeming qualities he demonstrates here that she must love.

MadtownPacker
03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
He's probably just hung like a horse. :rs:

Tyrone Bigguns
03-27-2008, 12:11 PM
He already told you once that his girlfriend hates that he's fat. It's all the redeeming qualities he demonstrates here that she must love.

But, the long posts on working out..the regimen, the tennis diaries...what happened?

This just makes me laugh. If you are fat in college...that is the easiest time to be skinny/in shape. Sitting on your ass programming or comp sci-ing..or whatever else he will be doing for his 60k is when you are supposed to get fat.

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM

You guys roomed together so you're our authority on that front, or rear as the case may be (wacka wacka). Or was that Partial that ended up sleeping in his car because you ditched him with the room key?

LL2
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM

But, the long posts on working out..the regimen, the tennis diaries...what happened?

This just makes me laugh. If you are fat in college...that is the easiest time to be skinny/in shape. Sitting on your ass programming or comp sci-ing..or whatever else he will be doing for his 60k is when you are supposed to get fat.

He's going to make over 100k remember? Not a measly 60k!

MadtownPacker
03-27-2008, 12:37 PM

You guys roomed together so you're our authority on that front, or rear as the case may be (wacka wacka). Or was that Partial that ended up sleeping in his car because you ditched him with the room key?Haha, yeah that fool ended up sleeping in his car at a gas station. I dont even remember how that happened.

But I do know you and Nutty shared the room right next door. Why couldnt you guys wake up the next morning? It was like if you two had stayed up all night pumping iron. :?:

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
You'll have to forgive us for not wanting to go for a sunrise stroll with you down the scenic streets of Green Bay. Not the first time you asked, or the second, or the third...

The worst part is I tried to lock you out after the second time, and the goddamn maid unlocked the door to clean the room at 9am, leaving the door open for you to pester us with your ridiculous requests again.

That place was a hole.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-27-2008, 01:32 PM

Let's not bash him. He said 60k right out of school. :roll:

Partial
03-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Really? You mean when you're putting in 70 hours between work, school, homework and spend your free time going to bars with your friends??

That makes no sense. If this was true, the freshman 15 and or in my case the senior 60 wouldn't exist

Partial
03-27-2008, 02:46 PM

Source? I said 50 is what I am shooting for, with 60 as a possibility. Again, twisting words. How's that HTC touch working out? That thing sure is great!! And that iPhone. Not popular at all. And most phones aren't ripping off the UI or anything?!?

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh goodness. I think he's starting to malfunction.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Haha, yeah that fool ended up sleeping in his car at a gas station. I dont even remember how that happened.

But I do know you and Nutty shared the room right next door. Why couldnt you guys wake up the next morning? It was like if you two had stayed up all night pumping iron. :?:

Didn't you just tell everybody that what happened in Green Bay stays in Green Bay?

:lol:

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
How's that HTC touch working out?

Ouch - that had to hurt. :roll:

MadtownPacker
03-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Haha, yeah that fool ended up sleeping in his car at a gas station. I dont even remember how that happened.

Didn't you just tell everybody that what happened in Green Bay stays in Green Bay?

:lol:If Skin wants to talk about it then why can't I?

All I know is that Milkwaukee Wisconsinites are no where near as friendly as the ones in GB. I was surprised considering that MIL is the big city. Guess it is like the LA of WI. Place where all the snobby mfers live.

I bet Madision is more like SF.

Funny thing is GB is kinda like where I live. In between SF and LA except instead of White people it is all Mexicans.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Really? You mean when you're putting in 70 hours between work, school, homework and spend your free time going to bars with your friends??

That makes no sense. If this was true, the freshman 15 and or in my case the senior 60 wouldn't exist

Sorry, but the freshmen 15 is suppose to refer to woman.

And, yes, college or when you are younger is the easiest time to stay thin. Faster metabolism, etc.

Oh, and now it is 70 hours. LOL. I highly doubt you were spending more than 30 on homework/class your freshmen year. And, i know you weren't working 40.

And, as you so eloquently put it..that would still leave you 14 hours a day..so, minus 8 for sleep..that leaves you 6 to accomplish working out, drinking, eating, shitting, etc.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-28-2008, 11:26 AM

Source? I said 50 is what I am shooting for, with 60 as a possibility. Again, twisting words. How's that HTC touch working out? That thing sure is great!! And that iPhone. Not popular at all. And most phones aren't ripping off the UI or anything?!?

Whatever. Your salary demands are just hilarious.

HTC: I wouldn't know. I'm still in contract and have a Blade.

But, i know that HTC is coming on strong now that they are partnered here with carriers.

Ripping of the UI? Really. I dont' think so..as if they were..i'm sure apple would have them in court. Apple didn't invent a UI. Get serious.

hoosier
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM

All I know is that Milkwaukee Wisconsinites are no where near as friendly as the ones in GB. I was surprised considering that MIL is the big city. Guess it is like the LA of WI. Place where all the snobby mfers live.

Funny thing is GB is kinda like where I live. In between SF and LA except instead of White people it is all Mexicans.

There are no Mexicans in California, only chicanos. Unless you count Baja, I mean.

3irty1
03-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Yes. Madison is also a concentration camp for hippies.

MadtownPacker
03-28-2008, 01:54 PM
There are no Mexicans in California, only chicanos. Unless you count Baja, I mean.Haha, dude this just about is Mexico! :doh:

MadtownPacker
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes. Madison is also a concentration camp for hippies.Yup, sounds like it's SF of the North. No wonder that trick Harlan lives there. Probably the only place he can practice freelove without get his nuts cut off. :lol:

hoosier
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
There are no Mexicans in California, only chicanos. Unless you count Baja, I mean.Haha, dude this just about is Mexico! :doh:

Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios, tan cerca de Estados Unidos.

SkinBasket
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM

You want snobby, go hang out in Madison. Don't drive though. Half the people there can't be bothered to look where they're going and the other half just don't know where they're going. Navigating between the campus and capital during peak hours is an exercise in break, swerve, and curse maneuvers.

As far as I can ascertain, Milwaukee people are just ambivalent toward people like you. I guess that could come off as unfriendly.

Scott Campbell
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Madison is probably more like Berkley than SF.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 10:10 PM
MAdison loves Mexicans, come on over.

I have read that hate crimes against Mexicans are rising nationally.

What I see is Mexicans & whites get along great, or at least Mexicans seem friendly and comfortable with the mainstream. Not that much tension either way.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2008, 10:30 PM
You want snobby, go hang out in Madison. Don't drive though. Half the people there can't be bothered to look where they're going and the other half just don't know where they're going. Navigating between the campus and capital during peak hours is an exercise in break, swerve, and curse maneuvers.

Why are you driving through the middle of town? Professional wrestling is held out at the old colesium, get on highway 12 and avoid the downtown traffic.

Trying to think what else might be bringing you over here that isn't too snobby for you ..... sure, you came to "The Taste of Madison" for the parade of fast food and free bar bands. Ya, that's a bitch, but I'm sure you cut quite a wide swath through traffic with your jacked-up pickup truck blaring "Slow Ride, Take it Easy!"

SkinBasket
03-29-2008, 07:28 AM

Why are you driving through the middle of town? Professional wrestling is held out at the old colesium, get on highway 12 and avoid the downtown traffic.

Trying to think what else might be bringing you over here that isn't too snobby for you ..... sure, you came to "The Taste of Madison" for the parade of fast food and free bar bands. Ya, that's a bitch, but I'm sure you cut quite a wide swath through traffic with your jacked-up pickup truck blaring "Slow Ride, Take it Easy!"

I lived there 7 years jackhole.

Harlan Huckleby
03-29-2008, 08:39 AM
ahhh, that's right, I forgot you went to elementary school in Madison for 5th & 6th grade.

Partial
03-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I really like Madison. Great city, great atmosphere, the grocery stores are way the F out of the way, but other than that its great. Definitely my favorite city in Wisconsin.

Bretsky
05-07-2011, 04:33 PM
this thing is stiill rolling on like a fine tooth comb

next year it will probably hit IPO

Would you be a buyer ????

MJZiggy
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
That depends on the initial stock value and a LOT on what changes come about between now and then.

Bretsky
05-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I still remember that dam google; rumors were they could be bought at 30 at IPO but for individual investors it didn't open til around 115
That was crazy I thought...............crazy cheap price for Google as it turns out :(

mraynrand
06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
What a thread! It's so weird to have Packerrats without Partial, Bigguns, Harlan, and the Skinbasket.

Patler
06-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I still remember that dam google; rumors were they could be bought at 30 at IPO but for individual investors it didn't open til around 115
That was crazy I thought...............crazy cheap price for Google as it turns out :(

One of my sons will never let me live it down. He argued and argued before the IPO hit that I should be a buyer whenever I could. The day of and for months after the IPO he tried to convince me to jump in; but being the investment genius that I am, I steadfastly rebuffed his arguments! :lol:

He still brings it up from time to time!

Bretsky
06-04-2011, 11:29 AM
One of my sons will never let me live it down. He argued and argued before the IPO hit that I should be a buyer whenever I could. The day of and for months after the IPO he tried to convince me to jump in; but being the investment genius that I am, I steadfastly rebuffed his arguments! :lol:

He still brings it up from time to time!

I spent hours last night researching stock websites/magazines looking for top technology picks.
Many many are still picking Google and Apple. Google really hasn't went up the past couple years
but earnings and projections keep going up....almost like it's letting the valuation catch up since it
was overvalued a couple yrs ago.