PDA

View Full Version : Favre hasn't filed papers.

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Brett hasn't filed the necessary retirement papers with the NFL.
How long can he not file and does it effect when he gets inducted into the HOF?

MJZiggy
03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
He can NOT file the papers for the next 10 years, it doesn't matter, but he won't be officially retired until he does, so yes, it can affect his trip to Canton.

MadtownPacker
03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Probably if he waits until the season starts right?

This conversation is gonna open a big can of worms. :lol:

packers11
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Probably if he waits until the season starts right?

This conversation is gonna open a big can of worms. :lol:

Favre isn't going to retire... It was an early April Fools joke :lol: :wink:

Pacopete4
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
i knew i shoulda waited to buy all this retirement stuff...

Patler
03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I suspect he is waiting for the Packers to officially release him so he can sign a one-day contract and retire as an Atlanta Falcon, honoring the team that gave him his start! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
03-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Jerry Glanville, forever in his heart...

MadtownPacker
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I suspect he is waiting for the Packers to officially release him so he can sign a one-day contract and retire as an Atlanta Falcon, honoring the team that gave him his start! :lol: :lol: :lol:Maybe he signs a one year contract?

Let the rumor start here. Favre is holding the Packers hostage, by RETIRING! This is all his effort to get released because he knew he would never get traded. Trying to bluff Thompson.

:lol:

GBRulz
03-25-2008, 08:48 PM
That's ok, I didn't want to spend my 40th b-day in Ohio, anyhow. It will be a depressing enough time for me!

packinpatland
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
That's ok, I didn't want to spend my 40th b-day in Ohio, anyhow. It will be a depressing enough time for me!

It won't be that bad........we'll all be there.......and I'll bring a cake :wink:

Bretsky
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
He'll be back in 09 :lol:

Scott Campbell
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I suspect he is waiting for the Packers to officially release him so he can sign a one-day contract and retire as an Atlanta Falcon, honoring the team that gave him his start! :lol: :lol: :lol:Maybe he signs a one year contract?

Let the rumor start here. Favre is holding the Packers hostage, by RETIRING! This is all his effort to get released because he knew he would never get traded. Trying to bluff Thompson.

:lol:

Sounds reasonable. Lets verify with his pilot.

vince
03-26-2008, 06:52 AM
I read that the Packers gain an additional $600,000 in cap space if he files after June 1. Not a huge deal, but why not take it if you can...

GBRulz
03-26-2008, 08:17 AM

It won't be that bad........we'll all be there.......and I'll bring a cake :wink:

forget the cake, I want something in a bottle! :lol:

The Leaper
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I read that the Packers gain an additional $600,000 in cap space if he files after June 1. Not a huge deal, but why not take it if you can...

If he files before June 1, this $600k hits in 08. If he files after June 1, $600k hits in 09.

Since it is just a difference between this year and next year, I don't see the point, considering we aren't going to threaten the cap in 08 anyway. It would only matter if we were close to the cap in 08.

I do find it odd that he didn't file immediately. Here is a guy who claimed he wanted to stay away from everything football in 2008 so that he could detach himself from playing because he was still very connected to the game...yet he doesn't file immediately and now has to go through another gut-wrenching exercise weeks later when he does?

He must really like pain and crying.

Patler
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM

If he files before June 1, this $600k hits in 08. If he files after June 1, $600k hits in 09.

Since it is just a difference between this year and next year, I don't see the point, considering we aren't going to threaten the cap in 08 anyway. It would only matter if we were close to the cap in 08.

I do find it odd that he didn't file immediately. Here is a guy who claimed he wanted to stay away from everything football in 2008 so that he could detach himself from playing because he was still very connected to the game...yet he doesn't file immediately and now has to go through another gut-wrenching exercise weeks later when he does?

He must really like pain and crying.

From what I understand, a lot of players don't sign right away. Apparently the league puts together a "retirement package" which is sent to the player, reviewed by his "people" (accounts, lawyers and such to advise him on his options) and then signed by the player. There isn't any hurry to do it.

BF4MVP
03-26-2008, 12:06 PM
He'll get it done.

DonHutson
03-26-2008, 01:51 PM
So if a player doesn't retire and just hangs around for three years waiting for the phone to ring, that postpones a HOF induction for three years? I would find that surprising. I would think they start counting from the last season you play, regardless of the paperwork.

Packers4Ever
03-27-2008, 10:59 PM

Can I come too? I'll bring the wine ! :five:

Bretsky
03-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Chick party; booze cake and play. :evil:

Can I invite myself too ?

packinpatland
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Why of course B............you're the only one we'd consider to having as 'ref' for our mud or jello wrestling. :roll:

Bretsky
03-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Why of course B............you're the only one we'd consider to having as 'ref' for our mud or jello wrestling. :roll:

:knll: :bclap: 8-)