PDA

View Full Version : NFL Rankings

packinpatland
03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
No great shakes here......but I am alittle disappointed that they put Dallas as 3rd!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings032408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LL2
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
At least GB is top 10. I think they should be a little higher, but they will either go up or down depending on Mr Rodgers.

hurleyfan
03-26-2008, 02:24 PM
No great shakes here......but I am alittle disappointed that they put Dallas as 3rd!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rankings032408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Dallas is returning practically the same team I think.. Imagine that's why they're "ranked" so high.

texaspackerbacker
03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
What has Indy done to merit being put above the Pats? I see those two reversed. The Cowboys probably ARE a legitimate 3rd in what I see as a relatively weak overall NFL.

The Packers? True, we lost Favre, but I don't see the team as worse. (I'd liken this to the Badgers losing Tucker and Taylor a year ago, and many people downgrading them). I honestly can't see anybody other than the aforementioned three ahead of Green Bay.

I put Jacksonville and Cleveland ahead of San Diego for 5, 6, and 7. I see the Steelers as better than the FLUKE known as the Giants. then Washington, then Seattle for 8-11.

Below that, it could go a lot of ways. I see the Bears, Vikings, Panthers, Broncos, and Jets as teams which could be a lot better than the rankings in the article.

Joemailman
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
The Original Tex? If so, did you bring any friends with you? In any case, welcome!

The Leaper
03-26-2008, 03:29 PM
What has Indy done to merit being put above the Pats? I see those two reversed.

Possibly. I think most observers correctly assume the Pats defense, now ANOTHER year older, is going to have some struggles. Can they really put together another 16-0 type season? Unlikely.

Indy has a young, improving defense compared to the Pats' aging relic...and Peyton and crew will still be dangerous.

Charles Woodson
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM

Possibly. I think most observers correctly assume the Pats defense, now ANOTHER year older, is going to have some struggles. Can they really put together another 16-0 type season? Unlikely.

Indy has a young, improving defense compared to the Pats' aging relic...and Peyton and crew will still be dangerous.

And the pats lost both their corners, there 2nd reciver(although he was rarely thrown too)

Scott Campbell
03-26-2008, 06:04 PM

Can Marvin Harrison come back and play anywhere near his previous level?

RashanGary
03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
I put Indy way up there. Jacksonville too. The Packers are about right. I think they'll do OK because they have a GM who gets talent, but there is a school of thought that without a HOF QB, you can't do much. I'm not sure I buy it just yet, but I'm not sure that I don't buy it either. This year is going to say a lot.

Bretsky
03-26-2008, 07:35 PM
1. NE
2. INDY
3. SD
4. DAL
5. JAGS
6. GIANTS
7. PIT
8. SEATTLE
9. GREEN BAY
10 CLEVELAND

packinpatland
03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a good feeling........we're going to shock alot of experts this year....the same ones who didn't give the Packers a prayer at the beginning of last year.

I have faith in Mr. Rodgers.

RashanGary
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
1. Indy
2. Giants
3. Jaguars
4. Cowboys
5. Patriots
6. Pittsburgh
7. Green Bay
8. Cleveland
9. San Diego