PDA

View Full Version : Kris Wilson signs with Eagles

hawaii50
03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Per ESPN:

The Eagles added versatility on offense by reaching a three-year agreement with Chiefs tight end Kris Wilson.

Wilson, 26, has the ability to catch passes as a tight end, be a H-back or help out as a blocker at fullback. In going to the Eagles, he will have a chance to develop more of his pass-receiving skills. Terms of the three-year deal weren't available.

Wilson started 22 games over the past two seasons in Kansas City, but it was hard for him to be used for his receiving skills. Tony Gonzalez is one of the best tight ends in football and gets most of the receptions. In four years in Kansas City, Wilson caught only 42 passes.

His best season was 2007 when he caught 24 passes for 180 yards. Wilson went to J.P. McCaskey High in Lancaster, Pa.

Wilson was a second-round choice of the Chiefs in 2004.

-- John Clayton, ESPN.com

Tyrone Bigguns
03-26-2008, 02:10 PM
yawn

Pack-man
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I read somewhere the Iggles are planning on using him as a FB. If thats what he was interested in the Pack has no need for a FB.

KYPack
03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
The Eagles franchised LJ Smith AND signed this guy?

They have done some wierd shit this off-season.

This guy will not be an rb. H-Back? Sure.

He kinda fit TT's profile, but I'm pretty sure Thompson figues he will get a TE wil his draft. Corner, TE, & ? would be a scenario that would work, so I'm sure TT will do just the ooposite.

BallHawk
03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I smell FYI II.