PDA

View Full Version : Draft Crystal Ball : Version1A

The Shadow
03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Peering deep into the ShadowBall, I see 2 defensive backs and 1 offensive lineman in Rounds 1-2.
What dost thou see?

ND72
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Peering deep into the ShadowBall, I see 2 defensive backs and 1 offensive lineman in Rounds 1-2.
What dost thou see?

whatever you think they'll do, do the opposite...that's been my feeling with Ted Thompson at the helm.

MTPackerfan
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I see him trading at least one of the 2nd rounders for more picks

Oscar
03-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I think he is gonna surprise us all and trade up... For who....I don't know..The unpredictable T.T. strikes again.. :) :)

MadtownPacker
03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
CB, TE, and OL early. Defense and a RB the rest of the way.

Deputy Nutz
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
first three picks, doesn't matter where they are, will be DB, DL, WR

KYPack
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
CB, OL & QB.

I think a top CB will fall and we snag him #1.

The QB would have to slide also, but that may just happen.

I just hope it ain't Brohm.

I include the usual disclaimer that TT will definitely do something none of us foresee in the slightest.

RashanGary
03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Thompson said a few weeks ago that it was a really deep OL draft. If I had to make two predictions that aren't completely obvious I would say. . .

1. We trade down at least once (sort of obvious I guess)
2. We draft two OL

StPaulPackFan
03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
I think he is gonna surprise us all and trade up... For who....I don't know..The unpredictable T.T. strikes again.. :) :)

I would be very surprised if TT moves up. I get the feeling that he gives each player a "value" rating and he also gives each draft slot a value rating. When it is his turn to pick he considers all of the players that exceed the value he has placed on the draft slot and takes the player with the highest value. He has shown the propensity to trade down if one of these scenarios are true:

1. There are no players available that have a value exceeding the value of the draft slot.

2. There are multiple players who exceed the value of the draft slot and TT believes he can trade down and still aquire one of these players.

Personally, I would be surprised if he changes his draft strategy because the team went 13-3. I would be really, really surprised if he traded up. He just doesn't seem to let the pressure or what he thinks other teams will do affect his draft strategy, unlike a former Packer's GM.

Pack-man
03-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I would guess, in no particular order: CB, OL, TE

But with TT you can never tell!

Oscar
03-27-2008, 07:30 AM
I seriously doubt he trades up either. It was my poor attempt at humor.. :) It seems the most unlikely scenario just thought I'd throw it out there..

The Leaper
03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
The only thing I'm convinced of is that Thompson will take a CB with one of his first 3 picks. I think he could go any number of places with the remaining picks...DE, OL, RB, TE. If I am taking a guess, I would expect OL and RB to be areas where value could match need in the first 2 rounds.

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 07:53 AM
In order: OL,CB,DE.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2008, 08:46 AM
DE, OL, CB

Guiness
03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I would be very surprised if TT moves up. I get the feeling that he gives each player a "value" rating and he also gives each draft slot a value rating. When it is his turn to pick he considers all of the players that exceed the value he has placed on the draft slot and takes the player with the highest value. He has shown the propensity to trade down if one of these scenarios are true:

1. There are no players available that have a value exceeding the value of the draft slot.

2. There are multiple players who exceed the value of the draft slot and TT believes he can trade down and still aquire one of these players.

Personally, I would be surprised if he changes his draft strategy because the team went 13-3. I would be really, really surprised if he traded up. He just doesn't seem to let the pressure or what he thinks other teams will do affect his draft strategy, unlike a former Packer's GM.

I'd be surprised if he traded up as well (who wouldn't be???) but why wouldn't the converse of what you're saying be true?

If, say, the 20th pick comes up, and there's a player on the board he has slotted as having a value above that slot, why wouldn't he go and get him?

just sayin'

The Shadow
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I think they will address the secondary strongly - Harris & Woodson can't last forever. The O line needs another contender. Colledge's destination, in my opinion, will eventually be left tackle. Barbre will slot in at left guard. Moll is being groomed to at some point take over right tackle. Spitz & Coston may not be the answer at right guard, so a quality option there should be added.

KYPack
03-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I think they will address the secondary strongly - Harris & Woodson can't last forever. The O line needs another contender. Colledge's destination, in my opinion, will eventually be left tackle. Barbre will slot in at left guard. Moll is being groomed to at some point take over right tackle. Spitz & Coston may not be the answer at right guard, so a quality option there should be added.

Agree with all this except Moll. I like Tony. He's a tough guy, he's got the right job. He's a klutzy bastard and I think he's your human tool kind of lineman. Little tackle, little guard, lotta bench.

StPaulPackFan
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM

I'd be surprised if he traded up as well (who wouldn't be???) but why wouldn't the converse of what you're saying be true?

If, say, the 20th pick comes up, and there's a player on the board he has slotted as having a value above that slot, why wouldn't he go and get him?

just sayin'

I guess the simple answer is that his past history shows he doesn't operate that way. A prime example of this would be the 2005 draft. Prior to the draft Aaron Rodgers was rated by many talent evaluators as the #1 player on the board. Plus TT knew he was going to have to find a replacement for Favre sooner rather than later. Around pick 15 TT must have rated him as an extremely high value pick (this is speculation on my part, but it seems quite likely). But he did not make a move. Ultimately, Rodgers ended up falling into TT's lap and it didn't cost him any additional draft picks.

I have a feeling that TT is very comfortable having 3 picks in the top 60. My guess is that he won't trade up or down with any of those 3 picks.

Fritz
03-28-2008, 08:00 AM
If TT does the opposite of what you think, and so you guess the opposite of what you think he will do, will he do the opposite of that?

TT you make me dizzy. I'm just going to sit back and laugh when he's picking a wide receiver from Central Missouri in the first round. And I'll laugh some more when he takes a seventh round linebacker who makes the team.