PDA

View Full Version : Proposition OT II

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I would like to request a 2-3 OT thread limit on the front page.

1. I believe that a slighly OT allowance is more of a direct representation of the posters and the interests of everyone involved

2. I believe it attracts some of the unique and sometimes insightfull posters that we have lost by coming here.

There are 30 threads. 3/30 = 1/10. Would we beable to give it a shot guys. I know the point of coming here was to stop the invasion of wackyness, but I don't think this is going to hurt.

Partial
05-29-2006, 04:24 PM
I vote no. That's what the romper room is for.

Instead of setting a bookmark straight to the Packer forum, you could set one to the forum selection page and see whenever there is a new post in both the romper room and the packer forum.

That is the best way to do it. You get the best of both worlds.

Here's a direct link.
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewforum.php?f=10

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
People are really attached to this organization. What is this concept....I say live and let live......No need for strict guidelines. Only protection.

Guiness
05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I vote 'no' because how do you decide who's OT threads are allowed? Can't you see it now?

:cry: Whaaa, I wanted my OT thread on the main page :cry: but it got bumped, and his is there. It isn't fair!!!

Partial
05-29-2006, 04:30 PM
The main page is www.packerrats.com, NOT the forum. The forums are set up to make it easy for those viewing. If you don't like the organization Nick, simply go to the forum selection page rather than the packer forum when you pop-in. You can see both pages, then.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Which ever ones survive, you let live....Most will just die out of lack of interest.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
The main page is www.packerrats.com, NOT the forum. The forums are set up to make it easy for those viewing. If you don't like the organization Nick, simply go to the forum selection page rather than the packer forum when you pop-in. You can see both pages, then.

I understand this. I think we lost a lot of posters who like OT stuff. In concept the RR is great. In practice, it only accomodates a few. It's like Donell Washinton. He's strong and big, but in practice he's a dud. You know what I mean...It seems all good, but I think how things seem and how they are can be different things.

In this case, I think we're losing or politcal buddys. I miss some of the old topics and they die as soon as they see the RR. The RR has turned inot the AP. It's a bunch of light hearted movies, games ect.......It's not the spirited debate we used to get. I know it doesn't bother most, but it bothers me. I wish we could just have some OT threads back up front. FYI and whatever else sufaces over time.

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Nick,

Turn your attention to some more worthy cause like solving global warming, finding a cure for genital herpes, or keeping the mexicans down.

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 05:01 PM
The forums are named what they are named for a reason. When I am new to a forum the VERY FIRST THING I DO is I go to the main page (Forum Index Page) (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/index.php), and I make absolutely sure that I understand what stuff gets posted into what forum so I, as a newbie do not catch hell from the other members for posting in the wrong area. It's not rocket science.
This board is setup no different than thousands of others all over the net. They have your main forums, and you have one "off-topic" type forum. Why would you feel the need to allow "X" amount into the other forums? And what is "X"? And who says what is "X" And who deletes "X" when "X" doesn't fall into what "X" should be? And what if there happens to be one to many "X" topics one the main page? what "X" topic gets deleted? The most important "X"? Or the most replied to "X" topic? Or the oldest "X" topic?
I think you get my point......:D

The forums speak for themselves. The Green Bay Packer forum for "Green and Gold" talk, The romper room for "Off topic", the Milwaukee Bucks forum for "Hoop it up", the Milwaukee Brewers forum for "Step up to the plate", and finally the Wisconsin Badgers forum for "take everyone to school" talk. No need to start screwing things up by allowing other talk into other forums......I mean if you do that, why then not allow the Packer forum to become a Queens forum too as long as there are only "X" amount of posts per day...... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/smilies/smilie_wha-wha-whaaa.gif

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Nick,

Turn your attention to some more worthy cause like solving global warming, finding a cure for genital herpes, or keeping the mexicans down.

Yeah...Mexicans really piss me off. Maybe I should find a hobby or hate crime to commit.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.

Patler
05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree with the consensus so far. I LIKE having the categories well-defined. There are days when all I want to do is check anything new relating to football, and this allows me to do it quickly. But then again I do like an organized life. A place for everything, and everything in its place! :smile:

Anti-Polar Bear
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
i vote yes because my ted is trapped in the closet epic/lyrics should be there and not here.

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Tank, I do believe that Chapter 10 stayed on the front page.

Little Whiskey
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
uhhh didn't we already have this discussion?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Tank, I do believe that Chapter 10 stayed on the front page.

Yeah, but that was just 1 thread out of many that mad kept there. Mad is turning this forum into a communist state.

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.
Fvck...Perhaps the most underused word in the English language (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/English-Word-Fvck.swf)

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 06:56 PM
You show your true colors again.

You had a poll before and you lost badly.

You have no right to tell PR posters to leave so that part was removed. But it doesnt matter, this poll doesnt count, the first one did.

BTW - Before you start your censorship talk read what I quoted from your post above. Sure looks uncensored to me.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:01 PM
That was really fucking funny cyberuski....

FUCK

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Your not a real mexican mad...

You woudlnt' have changed my poll if you where.

You are a white christian. I know it. YOu want me to be just like you.

SkinBasket
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Your not a real mexican mad...

You woudlnt' have changed my poll if you where.

You are a white christian. I know it. YOu want me to be just like you.

Nick, I've always held true to my belief that you are a fucktard, even when others defended you or called for moderation. Thank you for proving, once again, that you are a douche-bag without equal.

For achievments above and beyond average douchedom, I hereby award NickCollins the Douchebag 1st Class award.

http://www.abo.fi/~jussi/medal.jpg

http://www.taxi.com/rally/graphics/2003/rally-crowd-clapping.jpg
Yeeeahhhhh!!!

http://www.daphne-toolkit.org/documents/projets/1999-169/Poster_Gee%20thanks_1999-169.JPG
Way to go Nik!!!!

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Quoting Seinfeld, I want to scream out......"Serenity Now"

Not worth throwing darts at each other. I too wish Nick hadn't have started this thread at all, but maybe he thought there was a possibility views might change. And history has tended to show NC may overreact at times and post something he later realizes he shouldn't have. These OT threads always have the potential to get mean, but it's never worth it.

Cheers,
B

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 10:28 PM
So mad was full of shit when he told me that Taco Bell was authentic Mexican?

retailguy
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
So.... Only White Christians follow rules? ROLFMAO.

Nick, this is ridiculous. I'm picturing my 8 year old banging her fists on the floor screaming I WAAAANNNNNT MMMMMMY WAAAAAAY!, then I realized she stopped that 4 years ago.

For heavens sake, you are wrong. You are in the minority. Get over it!

OT belongs HERE. Got it? Good, now go sober up. There is an AA meeting somewhere within 2 miles of you. Stop in and say "Hi". You are past ready.

RashanGary
05-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Quoting Seinfeld, I want to scream out......"Serenity Now"

Not worth throwing darts at each other. I too wish Nick hadn't have started this thread at all, but maybe he thought there was a possibility views might change. And history has tended to show NC may overreact at times and post something he later realizes he shouldn't have. These OT threads always have the potential to get mean, but it's never worth it.

Cheers,
B

Thanks B...

I think you've seen some ignorance before. I might seem like a prick and I am completely aware that I lack the social skills that allow me to relate well to others, but I don't act in malice.

I consider being open minded and non judgmental to be one of the things that I bring to the world that make me feel really worthwhile. I believe that everyone is the same deep down. We all try to do what's best and have inner drives that we often times are unaware of. Those inner drives to first eat, then be safe, then fit in, then stand out, then be creative or giving cause us to do the things that we do. NEEDS.

I don't judge bigots for I believe they are either defensive or ignorant. I believe they are just doing what they believe is right in the world. I do not judge criminals for I believe they are doing what their inner drives and environment are drawing them to do. We are all the same. The criminal, the bigot, Martin Luther King JR. None of those three is any better than the other. All are conducting their lives according to what they believe is right, necessity, or driven based on natural needs. Education, environment, addiction, certain instincts and thinking patters, etc. separate their connection with their intentions. The intentions are the same though. All are meeting their needs.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I honestly don't have any drive at all to hurt, judge or fight with anyone. Mexican, American, Canadian, whatever, people are people to me. We are all one in the same. The world we are raised in changes us. Sometimes there are patterns from place to place, but it is not the quality of person that is in question, but the variables that are different.

I believe education and self discovery help us to become the people we deep down want to be. I am not nearly as educated or in tune with my self to be errorless in my ways. My intentions with the bigotry was to be humerus, but obviously I've offended a few. Even if I was a bigot, there is no need to hate or name call. If I truly judged people based on a shallow exterior, I would be ignorant, not a douche. Tolerance should be given to all IMO. Even rapists, murderers or bigots.

MadtownPacker
05-30-2006, 07:40 AM
It's all good.

Guiness
05-30-2006, 08:18 AM

I consider being open minded and non judgmental to be one of the things that I bring to the world that make me feel really worthwhile.

Non-judgemental, eh? Wow.

SkinBasket
05-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Same shit, different day. Wish people would stop apologizing for this insincere, passive aggressive, witless wonder.

That's not a dart. That's an accurate assesment of just about every post by NC. Here's his cycle of violence:

1) Make some statement, sometimes valid, more often not.
2) Wait for someone to ask for clarification, make a counterpoint, criticism, or disagree.
3) Launch into a) a personal attack or b) profanity laced shit storm.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a while.
5) Apologizes for his "lack of social skills," tells everyone how open minded, deep thinking, and generally brilliant he is.
6) Kisses asses until he repeats step 1, which usually isn't long, sometimes the same day.

I know we're trying to be kinder and gentler here for the most part, but Nick's shtick is played out for me and became tiresome a long time ago. A person only gets so many "free passes" for acting like a fuckup in my book, and he used those up months ago.

Deputy Nutz
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Nick, you just can't let it go.

I beginning to think that Skinbasket's assesment is looking good. If I was Nick I would stay to football.

RashanGary
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
[quote=NickCollins]Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.

That was a joke. I was exaggerating because I over-reacted the first time. Who gives a shit if you're organized. My god...I called you fuckin fuckers. Where is the insult in that. It's not like I questioned your character or personal content.

retailguy
05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
[quote=NickCollins]Fuck you all. You bunch of organized, rule following, structure oriented mother fuckin fuckers. FUCK YOU.

That was a joke. I was exaggerating because I over-reacted the first time. Who gives a shit if you're organized. My god...I called you fuckin fuckers. Where is the insult in that. It's not like I questioned your character or personal content.

Nick, did it ever occur to you that it isn't funny? I personally question whether it was a joke or not, but taking it at face value, a string of four letter words stopped being funny or "cool" between 17 & 22 years old....

RashanGary
05-30-2006, 12:19 PM
God didn't bless me with social skills. I thought that was funny.

I was kind of making fun of myself for over-reacting the last time. Apparently nobody got that out of the fuck you, you mother fuckin fuckers statement.

Harlan Huckleby
05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
sorry for piling-on Nick, but this situation reminds me of some guy sitting outside the public library on a hunger strike, demanding an end to the dewey decimal system. He has a point, maybe just filing all the books alphabetically would have some advantages.

No Mo Moss
05-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Same shit, different day. Wish people would stop apologizing for this insincere, passive aggressive, witless wonder.

That's not a dart. That's an accurate assesment of just about every post by NC. Here's his cycle of violence:

1) Make some statement, sometimes valid, more often not.
2) Wait for someone to ask for clarification, make a counterpoint, criticism, or disagree.
3) Launch into a) a personal attack or b) profanity laced shit storm.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a while.
5) Apologizes for his "lack of social skills," tells everyone how open minded, deep thinking, and generally brilliant he is.
6) Kisses asses until he repeats step 1, which usually isn't long, sometimes the same day.

I know we're trying to be kinder and gentler here for the most part, but Nick's shtick is played out for me and became tiresome a long time ago. A person only gets so many "free passes" for acting like a fuckup in my book, and he used those up months ago.

Nick I'm sorry, you know how it goes, we're going to have to kill you.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/hitman_front.jpg

RashanGary
05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
sorry for piling-on Nick, but this situation reminds me of some guy sitting outside the public library on a hunger strike, demanding an end to the dewey decimal system. He has a point, maybe just filing all the books alphabetically would have some advantages.

Yeah..I have no problem with it. I was still taking a stab. I pretty much thought I was going to get the same response. I thought maybe the 3 OT limit would be cool. Apparnently it's not.

I over-reacted last time. I'm quick to anger and quick to forgive. That is my personality. I'm over the last time. I'm have no anymosity. The fuck fuckin fucker thing was meant to be funny. The mexican/christian thing was also meant as humor. Everyone probably thinks I'm still all wound up about that whole ordeal. I assure you that I can go from this sucks to this is cool really quickly. I've been at the this is cool for quite some time. Even when I made this thread I was more or less taking a shot as opposed to really trying to push it like last time. The only regret I have is putting No *if you don't like it leave* because in hindsite, I was prying and a sensative point and I probably shouldn't do that. What can I say, I grew up with 5 siblings. I know how to antagonize.

Homer Jay
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM
So far your polls have received 13%, 23% and 16% of the vote backing your stance. With success like that, when can we stupid ^%#^^^ expect your next attempt?

Scott Campbell
05-30-2006, 08:03 PM

I wonder how a poll would turn out?