PDA

View Full Version : Another sign of the No Fun League

Guiness
03-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Flowing-hair issue on agenda for owners meetings

March 26, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

Share this page.

NEW YORK -- NFL owners will consider a proposal to ban players from having hair flow from their helmets below their names on the back of their jerseys.

The rule banning long hair on the field was proposed by the Kansas City Chiefs. It does not require players to get haircuts, but does "require them to tuck it up inside their helmets," said Atlanta Falcons president Rich McKay, chairman of the league's competition committee.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is the best known of the players, most of them defensive backs, with hair flowing outside their helmets. Others include cornerbacks Al Harris of Green Bay and Mike McKenzie of New Orleans.

A new ruling might affect Polamalu's image, but help him on the field. Two seasons ago, the Pittsburgh safety with the long ponytail had his hair grabbed by Kansas City's Larry Johnson and was thrown to the turf after an interception against the Chiefs.

Because the rule was proposed by a team, the competition committee did not take a position on it. It will be discussed on Monday at the owners meeting in Palm Beach, Florida with a package of other rules.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10740503

Don't even know what to say about this!

HarveyWallbangers
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=11790

KYPack
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
No, G., NO!

You are in 3 thread territory.

The scream at ya for dubbles, who knows what they will do to you.

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I suppose I'd be showing my age or whatever if I said, yeah, rein in those long hairs.

I think the problem would solve itself, though, if they just made the hair fair game for tackling, playing off blocks, etc. It really seems WRONG to hit somebody with a personal foul for yanking somebody down by the hair.

hoosier
03-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I suppose I'd be showing my age or whatever if I said, yeah, rein in those long hairs.

I thought you were a long-hair from way back in Miffland Street days. Did I hear wrong?

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM

I thought you were a long-hair from way back in Miffland Street days. Did I hear wrong?

I was there at that time, but I was more like an anti-long hair.

I was a nerd before nerd was a word.