PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING TO 2008- WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL SEASON ??

Bretsky
03-28-2008, 10:04 PM
WHAT MARKS A SUCCESSFUL SEASON

RashanGary
03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I said making the playoffs. I think that is impressive for a first year QB. If Favre was here I think I would have said winning the division. I just know we havn't won many playoff games in the last five years with Favre. It's just a tough thing to do.

Bretsky
03-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I said making the playoffs also........however we make them.

If we miss the playoffs I would not view the season as a failure either

We're in the worst division in the game and should win it; but I'm not sure I'll be surprised with anything I see next year.

I'm just going in with an open mind. It's tough to expect them to see the success they had last year.

BallHawk
03-28-2008, 10:16 PM
We have the talent and coaching to win the division, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl or bust.

A-Rod will be a top 10 QB this year. Mark it down.

Bretsky
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
We have the talent and coaching to win the division, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl or bust.

Send me what you are on :wink:

I could use some of it after tonight :lol:

BallHawk
03-28-2008, 10:36 PM

Super Bowl or bust.

Definitely. I'm trying to convince myself that Davidson was just hot tonight and they could of beaten anybody. Still, those 20 points in the 2nd half are just pathetic.

But, hey, Brewer season starts on Monday! Who's looking forward to starting hot, then blowing a division lead in the summer thanks to crappy pitching and the foolishness of Ned Yost? I sure am!

Bretsky
03-28-2008, 11:00 PM

Super Bowl or bust.

Definitely. I'm trying to convince myself that Davidson was just hot tonight and they could of beaten anybody. Still, those 20 points in the 2nd half are just pathetic.

But, hey, Brewer season starts on Monday! Who's looking forward to starting hot, then blowing a division lead in the summer thanks to crappy pitching and the foolishness of Ned Yost? I sure am!

And the draft is right around the corner I think; I'll watch that although my scouting/mock drafts ect....are not existent this year

oregonpackfan
03-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Despite the absence of Favre, I think the Packers are capable of a comparable record and winning at least one playoff game.

Rodgers may have difficulty for the first half of the season and, in turn, the coaches may have difficulty adjusting to Rodgers but I think he will come around.

Last year, the Packers were one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Another year of maturity with help many of the returning young veterans.

Partial
03-29-2008, 01:35 AM

Super Bowl or bust.

And the draft is right around the corner I think; I'll watch that although my scouting/mock drafts ect....are not existent this year

Yes I find I am not as interested in the draft this year as in years past. This off-season hasn't been too exciting imo.

Packnut
03-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I see no reason at all why expectations should be lowered just because Brett is gone. It's not like Rodgers is being thrown into the fire. He's had enough time to learn. He was a 1st round pick.

Experience gained from last season should also help. MM must have realized that weather in Jan is not a great recipe for the passing game. Surely the younger guys have learned and will be ready next time around.

No reason with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds for us not to have some depth built up. No reason Jones does'nt make the same leap Jennings did, so Rodgers will have help.

RashanGary
03-29-2008, 08:20 AM
You seem quite naive, Packnut.

I'm excited to see what Rodgers has. I agree there is no excuse for failure because of how good everything is around him. Sometimes people just aren't good enough. Sometimes there is no excuse but failure still creeps in. We have no clue if Rodgers is good enough. We'll find out. It's exciting, but to say we should expect things to be just as good as when a HOF was QB seems a bit naive. Go drop some money on the over if you're so confident in the Packers 08 season ;)

MJZiggy
03-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I see no reason at all why expectations should be lowered just because Brett is gone. It's not like Rodgers is being thrown into the fire. He's had enough time to learn. He was a 1st round pick.

Experience gained from last season should also help. MM must have realized that weather in Jan is not a great recipe for the passing game. Surely the younger guys have learned and will be ready next time around.

No reason with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds for us not to have some depth built up. No reason Jones does'nt make the same leap Jennings did, so Rodgers will have help.

There is a reason Jones doesn't make the same leap: Jennings was injured his first season. Jones was not. I think Jennings just did a better job earning Favre's trust.

RashanGary
03-29-2008, 08:34 AM
The big question mark for GB is QB. IF Rodgers has "it", this team can win just like the Steelers with Rothlesburger and the Chargers when Rivers took over. There is no reason a young QB can't have success if the team is good, but if the QB is not good (and we don't know yet), it can all come crumbling down.

Scott Campbell
03-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Win the division.

DonHutson
03-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I voted for 'win the division' but the real answer is 'whatever it takes to get the media to shut up about how impossible it will be to replace Brett Favre.'

If we get everyone looking forward instead of backward, that'll be a good season. Nothing against Brett, but the rest of the team needs to step up and the rest of the world needs to pay attention.

GBRulz
03-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Sweep the Bears !!! I'm tired of seeing Lovie's smirk...

and win the division !

Bretsky
03-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm content getting to the playoffs

I also think we'll need less wins to win the division than get the wildcard so winning the division should be easier.

Making the playoffs should shut up the media. But if Rodgers goes down via injury they will come right back if our backup QB struggles.