PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to the Vikings???

packers11
03-29-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/44834

Potential Vikings-Dolphins deal?

Posted: Friday March 28, 2008 07:55AM ET

Trading unpredictable left tackle Bryant McKinnie to the Dolphins for high-character pass rusher Jason Taylor would seem to make sense for the Vikings. The problem for Minnesota, though, would be replacing McKinnie. Next month's NFL draft will feature several top offensive linemen, but they're expected to go early, and the Vikings don't pick until No. 17 in the first round.

mngolf19
03-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I've heard this before and it makes some sense for both teams. But anything the Pioneer Press puts out is crap. Never happens. (so now I'll be wrong)

HarveyWallbangers
03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I think McKinnie is overrated, but he's still at least a slightly above average LT. I can't see them trading him for a 34-year-old DE--unless the off the field problems have gotten to be too much for them.

mngolf19
03-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I think McKinnie is overrated, but he's still at least a slightly above average LT. I can't see them trading him for a 34-year-old DE--unless the off the field problems have gotten to be too much for them.

You don't think he could be replaced in the draft? Also the D only needs a pass rush of any kind to be a top 5 D. Might be worth the risk. I just don't think it will happen.

3irty1
03-29-2008, 12:53 PM
I think Miami would be crazy to do this. McKinnie in Miami??? The capital city of pro athletes getting in trouble?

Also Taylor may be 34 and talking about retirement but he's still very very good. Way too good for those queens.

Charles Woodson
03-29-2008, 01:15 PM
I think Miami would be crazy to do this. McKinnie in Miami??? The capital city of pro athletes getting in trouble?

Also Taylor may be 34 and talking about retirement but he's still very very good. Way too good for those queens.

Hey, buddy thats cincinati....

And also if you did your homework you would know McKinnie went to the U and didnt have any trouble...

Interesting fact, during the 2 years that he started LT for Miami, he never allowed 1 sack.

3irty1
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM

Hey, buddy thats cincinati....

And also if you did your homework you would know McKinnie went to the U and didnt have any trouble...

Interesting fact, during the 2 years that he started LT for Miami, he never allowed 1 sack.

His last arrest was in Miami.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2008, 03:59 PM
From a Packer fan perspective, I hope this happens. I really don't think Taylor would help the Vikings near as much as losing McKinnie would hurt their running game.

Rastak
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
From a Packer fan perspective, I hope this happens. I really don't think Taylor would help the Vikings near as much as losing McKinnie would hurt their running game.

McKinnie's actually a better pass blocker than run blocker. I do agree it would most likely have a negative effct on the run game though.

Iron Mike
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's an idea......how 'bout putting out ten OL and just direct snapping to Purple Jesus?? :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
03-29-2008, 09:02 PM

You don't think he could be replaced in the draft? Also the D only needs a pass rush of any kind to be a top 5 D. Might be worth the risk. I just don't think it will happen.

Finding good pass blocking LTs in the draft is about as hard as finding good QBs.

Zool
03-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Here's an idea......how 'bout putting out ten OL and just direct snapping to Purple Jesus?? :wink:

Bring back the wing-T. Now that would be a "kick ass" offense.