PDA

View Full Version : Steve Slaton

Brando19
03-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Anyone know of any mock drafts or websites that predict what round he may be drafted? I'm really high on this guy and I believe he could be the Packers number 2 back...ahead of Brandon Jackson. He's small...but a gamebreaker.
Anyone know of any mock drafts that predict every pick of every round?

BallHawk
03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Steve just doesn't have the ability to be a consistent back in this league, IMO. Too small and too weak. He'd work out as a 3rd down back perhaps, but he's just another college RB that's a product of the system.

All mocks I have seen predict him going in rounds 4-6.

Brando19
03-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I did find this.
http://tam.scout.com/2/731429.html

Ballhawk...I understand he's had some inuries...but I believe he's worth a 4th round pick. If he would have been able to come out in the draft last year....he'd have gone in the 2nd round, IMO...but due to some injuries, his draft stock is falling.

Deputy Nutz
03-29-2008, 05:28 PM
His lack of ability to play through the bowl game really hurt his draft stock. It was a typical performance of Steve Slaton.

Brando19
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
His lack of ability to play through the bowl game really hurt his draft stock. It was a typical performance of Steve Slaton.

Typical performance? Which Steve Slaton have you watched?

Deputy Nutz
03-30-2008, 12:02 AM

Typical performance? Which Steve Slaton have you watched?

When Steve Slaton was on the field he is an amazing football player but he can't seem to stay healthy. He couldn't stay on the field against Pitt, Oklahoma, and South Florida.

Joemailman
03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Sporting News does not have Slaton in their 3-round mock draft.

PackerPro42
03-30-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm a big fan of Slaton as well, and if he's available in the fourth when the Packers are on the clock I'd like to see them select him. But I think the likely hood of TT picking up another small back is slim to none.

However, I agree with you when you say that he was a game changer for WVU when he was healthy.

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2008, 01:56 PM
If the idea is to try and get Slaton or a similar small speed back that Thompson might dig up, in the 4th or 5th round, then I'm all for it. The guy would add a 3rd down dimension that Jackson doesn't have, even though Jackson is a very decent backup RB.