PDA

View Full Version : Thompson: 'We will move on together'

GrnBay007
03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
March 31, 2008 2:42 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson, speaking at the NFL meetings in West Palm Beach, Fla., said he believes the state of Wisconsin is recovering from the hangover created by Brett Favre's sudden retirement, which he floored Packers Nation with earlier this month.

"We have the greatest fans I've ever been around," Thompson said Monday. "They will stick with the Packers. Yes, it is going to be strange for them not to see No. 4 there anymore, but we are all going to get through it."

Thompson, whose team has been assembled together in the still chilly Green Bay for the past two weeks for offseason conditioning, said he believes the team will show the fans that the post-Favre life will be manageable.

"It'll be up to everyone, not just Aaron Rodgers," Thomson said. "This team will be fine. We will move on together."

MadtownPacker
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds like he is preparing to make excuses to me.

gbgary
03-31-2008, 08:54 PM

well...the season after a bunch of over-achievers make it to the nfc championship game, and a legend retires, is ripe for excuses. let's hope they're driven to make up for what Brett took with him...heart and guts.

Fritz
04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow...Ted sounds like Oprah after Katrina or something.

It's only football.

BF4MVP
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
How does that sound like preparing to make excuses? :?:

Zool
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM

And what would he have to make excuses for?

Chester Marcol
04-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Excuses for not going out and dropping all our money on a couple big name free agents and sticking to his plan of building a complete team and not just around one player?

We're very lucky Shermy isn't still in charge. The landing after the Favre retirement will be a lot softer this upcoming season because of TT's approach to building a team. I'd much rather take a team with talent and depth without the perception it needed to be carried by one person in order to be successful. I really don't see us out of contention for the North. We may surprise many, but not me. I'd be more surprised if we tank it this season.