PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus is a loser

Row 67
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
"Five days away from full minicamp at Halas Hall, the Bears can only wait to see if running back Thomas Jones and linebacker Lance Briggs show up. Both Drew Rosenhaus clients walked away from the offseason workout program shortly after it began in April -- Jones when he made it known he was receptive to a trade, Briggs after negotiations on a long-term extension collapsed. "-- Chicago Sun-Times

Rosenhaus is a loser. He does absolutely nothing but disrupt team chemistry by playing on the selfishness of the players. He props up their egos then convinces them they can get more money by holding out. I'm all for negotiating to get more money, but there are ways to do this that don't disrupt teams the way Rosey does it.

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Eventually, teams are going to have to get tired of this circus and not give in to it. Players will continue to pull this crap until team management lets a few of them rot and other teams become wary of signing players who are a known holdout risk. I don't know what the breaking point will be, but when they hit it, these tactics will be abandonded like failed tantrums of a 2-year-old.

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Rosenhaus does appear to be quite the jerk, however, the players still have the final say in what they do. He has earned a certain reputation in the NFL now so the players that hire him should be well aware of what he will be asking them to do.

swede
05-30-2006, 11:12 AM
"Five days away from full minicamp at Halas Hall, the Bears can only wait to see if running back Thomas Jones and linebacker Lance Briggs show up. Both Drew Rosenhaus clients walked away from the offseason workout program shortly after it began in April -- Jones when he made it known he was receptive to a trade, Briggs after negotiations on a long-term extension collapsed. "-- Chicago Sun-Times

Rosenhaus is a loser. He does absolutely nothing but disrupt team chemistry by playing on the selfishness of the players. He props up their egos then convinces them they can get more money by holding out. I'm all for negotiating to get more money, but there are ways to do this that don't disrupt teams the way Rosey does it.

FYI:

Rosen**** is generally referred to with an altered eponym. The first five letters of his name may be appended with any offensive or demeaning word.

Thus Rosenpoop or Rosenjerk but never Rosen****.

It is a small yet meaningless way to challenge the way he does business.

Guiness
05-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't know he was still playing this game.

Over the last two seasons, he landed some big names, and tried to change the way the NFL does business. I think he came close, but ultimately he failed. I guess he's just trying the same thing with 2nd tier talent - he doesn't know enough to admit he's been defeated.

BlueBrewer
05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Did TO fire Rosenass or did he hang on? Walker fired him, so did Grady.

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't know he was still playing this game.

Over the last two seasons, he landed some big names, and tried to change the way the NFL does business. I think he came close, but ultimately he failed. I guess he's just trying the same thing with 2nd tier talent - he doesn't know enough to admit he's been defeated.

....PLUS, remember, these are players from the Bears. IQ has to be taken into consideration. :razz:

Murphy37
05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Rosie likes to be in the spotlight, many times at his clients expense. He now has a bad rep, and is losing top notch talent because of it. Karma anyone?

Merlin
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
This is news?

mngolf19
05-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Rosenhaus does appear to be quite the jerk, however, the players still have the final say in what they do. He has earned a certain reputation in the NFL now so the players that hire him should be well aware of what he will be asking them to do.

I agree with you 007. Rosenhaus is very good at what he does, helping clients get the most out of their situations. Yes he has failures, but more often gets them what they want. And should he care about his image in the eyes of the public, no. Should he do what he can for his clients, yes. Do the clients have the last word in how it is done and when, absolutely. Rosenhaus has some clients that never hold out and aren't a problem.

Murphy37
05-30-2006, 12:44 PM
This is news?

No, it's not. Here's some news for ya though. It's "two for one" night at Loopy's tonight.

BlueBrewer
05-30-2006, 12:45 PM

I agree with you 007. Rosenhaus is very good at what he does, helping clients get the most out of their situations. Yes he has failures, but more often gets them what they want. And should he care about his image in the eyes of the public, no. Should he do what he can for his clients, yes. Do the clients have the last word in how it is done and when, absolutely. Rosenhaus has some clients that never hold out and aren't a problem.

but he also seams to have 90% of the troubled ones as well

Harlan Huckleby
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Drew is just misunderstood.

Chester Marcol
05-30-2006, 01:17 PM

What kind of kick are you on today?? I would bet if I were to start a Nazi thread you'd say the same about Hitler.

Murphy37
05-30-2006, 01:26 PM

What kind of kick are you on today?? I would bet if I were to start a Nazi thread you'd say the same about Hitler.

Well we're comin off a holiday weekend, so Harlan's brain is still clogged with malted hopps and bong resin. He'll snap out if it by tommorrow.

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 03:04 PM

HH likes to stir the pot. :razz:

Chester Marcol
05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
I mostly lurk when I need to take a break from the work day. Lurked from JSOnline to C&E and now to here. Just seems the blue dog has skeedaddled a bit further past that buoy labeled "Deep End" than normal. Miss the Nutz and Bolts show. Some of Murph's comments today made me think of that thread.

jack's smirking revenge
05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
What are the chances that we could get Lance Briggs come June 1? On second thought, he's attached to Rosehwhore. I'm not sure I want him as a Packer.

tyler

Murphy37
05-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I mostly lurk when I need to take a break from the work day. Lurked from JSOnline to C&E and now to here. Just seems the blue dog has skeedaddled a bit further past that buoy labeled "Deep End" than normal. Miss the Nutz and Bolts show. Some of Murph's comments today made me think of that thread.

I miss that show too.

Harlan Huckleby
05-30-2006, 05:26 PM
That show was terrible, pure smut. I only liked it when Huck & Buck filled-in as guest hosts. Now that was some funny.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Anybody with a law degree from Duke University, knows what he's doing. Duke was founded by a tobacco grue and rich white folks go there. Black jocks go there too, to play balls and date white girls.

Duke University: A white field within a black forest. Home of America's Alpha White Males, and future leaders of the mulatto clan dynasty.

Partial
05-30-2006, 06:09 PM
for once tank is right. But that doesn't make Rosenhaus not an asshole.

Rosenhaus has led the paradigm shift of team first to me first.

Scott Campbell
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
If I had to play for the Bears, I'd hold out too - no matter how much they were paying me.

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Walker is the bigger loser