PDA

View Full Version : packers want pacman jones?

red
04-01-2008, 06:37 AM
personaly i can't see this happening, and i wouldn't want it to

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

PACKMEN WANT PACMAN?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 7:11 a.m.

We need to preface this one by pointing out that it isn’t an April Fool’s gag. (We’re out of the April Fool’s Day business for the first time in our six-plus-year history because each year more and more people believe the intentionally phony stories, which undermines our unintentionally phony stories.)

The Green Bay Packers are interested in Pacman Jones. Our good friends at Sporting News mentioned the possibility in last week’s magazine, with the image of a dejected Reggie Wayne on the cover (or, alternatively, he’d just been kicked in the nuts).

On the surface, the Packers don’t need Pacman because they have Al Harris and Charles Woodson. But Harris will turn 34 in December and Woodson will be 32 in October, so at some point the Packers have to think about going younger.

Whether the guy who makes it rain will be accepted by the folks who make it cheese remains to be seen. Many of the Green Bay fans didn’t want Randy Moss last year, even though his presence arguably would have been the difference between an NFC title game loss and a Super Bowl triumph.

And Pacman is an even higher level of turd, so we can’t imagine the folks in Green Bay reacting well to Brett Favre’s legend being followed by Adam Jones.

On Monday, it was reported that teams other than the Cowboys are interested in Jones. Those teams have not yet been identified.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-01-2008, 06:45 AM
It wouldn't be a good idea. Can you imagine how mad Harris and Woodson would be? Pacman is not going to want to come here unless here is the starter. Anyways I don't even believe the story; I can't see TT doing it.

Partial
04-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Never gonna happen.

falco
04-01-2008, 07:07 AM
all i can say is - poor beansnappers!

The Leaper
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Pacmonster doesn't have much say in the matter in terms of where he winds up. The guy is under contract, and the Titans can ship him wherever they want to...i.e. whoever they get the most from for his rights. I doubt the Titans are concerned with him getting a starting gig.

I could see the Packers having some interest, but I would consider a deal very unlikely at this point.

Zool
04-01-2008, 07:59 AM

PACKMEN WANT PACMAN?

We need to preface this one by pointing out that it isn’t an April Fool’s gag. (We’re out of the April Fool’s Day business for the first time in our six-plus-year history because each year more and more people believe the intentionally phony stories, which undermines our unintentionally phony stories.)

The Green Bay Packers are interested in Pacman Jones. Our good friends at Sporting News mentioned the possibility in last week’s magazine, with the image of a dejected Reggie Wayne on the cover (or, alternatively, he’d just been kicked in the nuts).

On the surface, the Packers don’t need Pacman because they have Al Harris and Charles Woodson. But Harris will turn 34 in December and Woodson will be 32 in October, so at some point the Packers have to think about going younger.

Whether the guy who makes it rain will be accepted by the folks who make it cheese remains to be seen. Many of the Green Bay fans didn’t want Randy Moss last year, even though his presence arguably would have been the difference between an NFC title game loss and a Super Bowl triumph.

And Pacman is an even higher level of turd, so we can’t imagine the folks in Green Bay reacting well to Brett Favre’s legend being followed by Adam Jones.

On Monday, it was reported that teams other than the Cowboys are interested in Jones. Those teams have not yet been identified.

HAHAHA. Randy was just HUGE in the playoffs for the "unbeatable" Patriots. Wonder if these guys actually watch games or just read what the others in their journalistic circle jerk write and then regurgitate it and call it their own.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Pacmonster doesn't have much say in the matter in terms of where he winds up. The guy is under contract, and the Titans can ship him wherever they want to...i.e. whoever they get the most from for his rights. I doubt the Titans are concerned with him getting a starting gig.

I could see the Packers having some interest, but I would consider a deal very unlikely at this point.

He does have a say. Are you really going to trade for guy that doesn't want to play for your team? All he has to say is I would hate playing for the Packers and bam we stop going after him. Your not going to trade for a guy thats just going to wind up being a problem.

The Leaper
04-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Your not going to trade for a guy thats just going to wind up being a problem.

Um, even if he WANTS to come to your team, you are probably trading for someone who will wind up being a problem.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-01-2008, 08:07 AM

PACKMEN WANT PACMAN?

HAHAHA. Randy was just HUGE in the playoffs for the "unbeatable" Patriots. Wonder if these guys actually watch games or just read what the others in their journalistic circle jerk write and then regurgitate it and call it their own.

I agree that you can't make predictions like that, but you can't say for sure that he wouldn't have made a difference either. No one can predict what exactly would have happened.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Your not going to trade for a guy thats just going to wind up being a problem.

Um, even if he WANTS to come to your team, you are probably trading for someone who will wind up being a problem.

Maybe so, but that wasn't my point. My point was simply that he does have a say in whether he wants to play here or not.

The Leaper
04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Maybe so, but that wasn't my point. My point was simply that he does have a say in wether he wants to play here or not.

Pacman has no say in anything...the guy is lucky to even have a chance to play in the league again. He's on a short leash.

Sure, if he openly opposed going to your team, you'd be stupid for trading for him. However, if that team put together the best offer regardless (think Matt Millen stupid) the Titans would be shipping Pacman to the highest bidder. They don't give a rat's ass about Pacman's wants.

Zool
04-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I agree that you can't make predictions like that, but you can't say for sure that he wouldn't have made a difference either. No one can predict what exactly would have happened.

I sure could go off Moss' playoff history though.

Scott Campbell
04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Doesn't sound like Ted. But he's surprised before.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I dont think this would happen but if it did I could see it as the beginning of the end for the team.

red
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
looks like this one has been put to rest, thank god

PACK DON’T WANT PACMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 11:06 a.m.

Earlier in the day, we posted a non-April Fool’s April 1 report regarding a rumor in last week’s Sporting News that the Green Bay Packers are interested in Titans cornerback Pacman Jones.

The Pack’s possible interest in Pacman became particularly relevant on Monday, in the wake of a report in the Nashville City Paper that one or more teams have joined the Dallas Cowboys in the pursuit of Pacman.

But count the Packers out, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Citing an unnamed source, Silverstein says the the Packers aren’t interested.

“Why they would want a guy who spends as much time in strip clubs as he does the weight room given the number of young players they have is anyone’s guess,” Silverstein writes. “The Packers are in need of a corner to eventually replace either Charles Woodson or Al Harris or both, but aside from Koren Robinson they haven’t taken many chances on troubled players.”

But, supposedly, someone else is interested in Pacman. We just don’t know at this point who it is.

LL2
04-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Are there any strip clubs in the GB area that should be worried if Pacman does come to GB?

Freak Out
04-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Pacman needs to mature a bit more before he is going to be welcomed back in the NFL. If he made the professional decision to buckle down and focus on football and the community he is playing in he could be a hell of a addition to any team....but will he ever do it? Who the fuck knows.

Fritz
04-01-2008, 11:59 AM
If I owned a strip club in Green Bay and didn't care much about the Packers, I'd want Pacman Jones in Green Bay.[/b]

Jimx29
04-01-2008, 12:15 PM
how many other players do ya suppose we are "interested in" on april fools day? :?

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Supposedly the Cowboys were offering a 6th and the Titans asking price was a 4th. If the Packers could get potentially one of the best Corners AND kick returners in the NFL for that, most of you REALLY wouldn't go for it?

He's no more of a mental/moral risk than Koren Robinson, and as far as I know, he has healthy knees.

hoosier
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Supposedly the Cowboys were offering a 6th and the Titans asking price was a 4th. If the Packers could get potentially one of the best Corners AND kick returners in the NFL for that, most of you REALLY wouldn't go for it?

He's no more of a mental/moral risk than Koren Robinson, and as far as I know, he has healthy knees.

Wishful thinking. Robinson's problem was that he was a drunk. When he wasn't trying to outrun the cops he was by all reports a decent, likeable human being. Jones, on the other hand: there's no word to describe him other than "turd." However much good he would do for the Packers return game and secondary, the risks make it impossible for them to consider it.

Him8123
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/04/01/there-s-no-pack-in-quot-pacman-quot.aspx

This seems to be a false rumor. either way. I do not want this guy on our team. He is garbage for a human being. There is a person paralyzed because of this guy. He is nothing but trouble. This is a completely different situation than Moss. Moss just had a bad attitude sometimes but he never many off field issues. Pacman has an issue everytime he leaves his house. He is nothing but a thug period. I would rather take someone with less talent with more character than someone with alot of talent and bad character and judgement. You can work with a guy with good character and less talent. He would tarnish the Packer identity. And some people who would want him are just willing to sell their souls for a win.

DonHutson
04-01-2008, 05:05 PM

If we acquire Jones there will be a dejected Reggie White spinning in his grave.

texaspackerbacker
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Wishful thinking. Robinson's problem was that he was a drunk. When he wasn't trying to outrun the cops he was by all reports a decent, likeable human being. Jones, on the other hand: there's no word to describe him other than "turd." However much good he would do for the Packers return game and secondary, the risks make it impossible for them to consider it.

Probably you're right, I don't know.

There are numerous cases, though, of people/thugs in the NFL and otherwise, who mature or snap out of it or whatever.

As good a player as he is--or was, and presumably without physical damage, a 4th or 5th round pick might be worth it--dump him if he still has the thug attitude.

Maybe that's selling a soul; Maybe it's saving a soul--a soul with a huge upside.

SnakeLH2006
04-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Bring back 42 year old Bad Moon Rison then... Do we really want this thug messing up "Packer People"? Talent is one thing, but it really showed how chemistry is EVERYTHING with the Pack last year. We've all worked with "bad attitude" people with talent, but they never go anywhere. How is Pacman different? I mean hey, his damn handle is Pacman (what a fool)! :shock:

Fritz
04-02-2008, 11:47 AM
If you were a local strip club owner, would you want him in Green Bay?

MadtownPacker
04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
If you were a local strip club owner, would you want him in Green Bay?Depends on if h will leave all the dollars he throws on the floor or try picking them up like in Vegas.

the_idle_threat
04-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Also depends on whether you like your employees being shot.

SnakeLH2006
04-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Also depends on whether you like your employees being shot.

HAHAHAHHAAHHAA!!! Str8 up! HAHHAHAHAAHHAAHA :D