PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

Partial
04-02-2008, 06:56 PM
A 12-1 Packers team is winning 28-14 in the 3rd quarter of a game against opponent x.

Aaron Rodgers gets sacked and falls apart.

Packers win game and are 13-1, and look like a lock to the get the #1 seed in the playoffs.

You have a rookie on the bench, Testerverde's cell phone number, or you could call up the man who swore to took a year away from the public.

Would Favre come back and play to save the season??

KYPack
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Partial,

No.

cheesner
04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
A 12-1 Packers team is winning 28-14 in the 3rd quarter of a game against opponent x.

Aaron Rodgers gets sacked and falls apart.

Packers win game and are 13-1, and look like a lock to the get the #1 seed in the playoffs.

You have a rookie on the bench, Testerverde's cell phone number, or you could call up the man who swore to took a year away from the public.

Would Favre come back and play to save the season??
Partial: 'Yeah, Brett, I got your number from TT, I hope you don't mind. Would you be interested in playing some more'.

Brett: (as he puts down his can of beer) 'You know I now weigh an extra 50 lbs. I can't run onto the field without getting winded. And besides I saw this huge buck yesterday, and I think I plan to be in my deer stand the next couple of days.'

Freak Out
04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Brohm comes in and just freaking lights it up man!

MadtownPacker
04-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Brohm comes in and just freaking lights it up man!I'll skip backhanding Partial since everyone else will take care of it but ARod has a better chance of being the guy that played before the next great Pack QB then he does at being it himself.

Brando19
04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Brohm comes in and just freaking lights it up man!I'll skip backhanding Partial since everyone else will take care of it but ARod has a better chance of being the guy that played before the next great Pack QB then he does at being it himself.

Explain why you say that. I'm still torn over ARod...but you seem as if you're not that high on him. Why? Injuries? Weak arm?

MadtownPacker
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Explain why you say that. I'm still torn over ARod...but you seem as if you're not that high on him. Why? Injuries? Weak arm?I cant say I have anymore fact then someone who thinks he will be great. I would like nothing more than a Cali guy to be the QB. I just have a feeling it ain't him.

Everything has gone right for Rodgers NFL career so far. Especially not getting picked #1 by the 49ers. He has been giving everything he needs to succeed. Time to learn and adjust to the speed of the game while observing NFL defenses that he will end up playing. The team he inherited is not in ruins. It has a solid core that should only get better after this draft. Fans have also lowered their expectations. If ARod just last the whole season he will be considered a success.

IMO 2008 will hinge on Rodgers performance so it is a 50/50 chance. I just happen to be leaning towards him not being the ONE as Tank likes to say.

texaspackerbacker
04-02-2008, 10:05 PM
In that hypothetical, what is meant by "falls apart"? Injury--out for season? Injury--out for a few games? Just loses it and throws several interceptions--if so, how do we hang on in the 28-14 scenario? Or something else altogether?

I really think at that point, Nall or whoever the veteran #2 is could do the job all the way to the Super Bowl.

Why? For the same reasons I'm so confident that Rodgers will do all right: Grant, the receiving corps, the defense, etc.

Bretsky
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
In that hypothetical, what is meant by "falls apart"? Injury--out for season? Injury--out for a few games? Just loses it and throws several interceptions--if so, how do we hang on in the 28-14 scenario? Or something else altogether?

I really think at that point, Nall or whoever the veteran #2 is could do the job all the way to the Super Bowl.

Why? For the same reasons I'm so confident that Rodgers will do all right: Grant, the receiving corps, the defense, etc.

This season will be interesting

There were times I felt Grant was most effective because the defense was focusing on stopping the pass.

That will not occur this year. Teams will game plan to stop the run first and we'll see how our OL reacts. If Grant has the same amount of success with Rodgers this year it becomes a very easy decision to lock him up for a while and show him the money.

Jimx29
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
How soon before draft day? :lol:

DonHutson
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
OK, if these hypothetical Packers are 12-1 before Rodgers has a bad game then he must have been doing something very right for the previous three months. Therefore, you leave him in because the situation's really no different than Favre stinking up the joint in Dallas last year.

Packnut
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Explain why you say that. I'm still torn over ARod...but you seem as if you're not that high on him. Why? Injuries? Weak arm?I cant say I have anymore fact then someone who thinks he will be great. I would like nothing more than a Cali guy to be the QB. I just have a feeling it ain't him.

Everything has gone right for Rodgers NFL career so far. Especially not getting picked #1 by the 49ers. He has been giving everything he needs to succeed. Time to learn and adjust to the speed of the game while observing NFL defenses that he will end up playing. The team he inherited is not in ruins. It has a solid core that should only get better after this draft. Fans have also lowered their expectations. If ARod just last the whole season he will be considered a success.

IMO 2008 will hinge on Rodgers performance so it is a 50/50 chance. I just happen to be leaning towards him not being the ONE as Tank likes to say.

His success will depend on the guys around him. It's unrealistic and down-right unfair to expect him to pick up where Brett left off. He's gonna need time to learn. First off, to have ANY chance, he's going to need a CONSISTENT run game. Also, his progression reads will be a little longer than Favre's obviously, so it will be vital for that line to give him that extra second.

Then again, a lot less pressure on him if our D plays up to it's potential and not down to it's coaching............

Iron Mike
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Pose your hypothetical question to the LA Times. (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-favre4apr04,1,260934.story)

Scott Campbell
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
What about Majik?
How bout Gilbert?
Maybe Leroy Butler has a few plays left in the tank?
Can Sterling play with a neck brace?