PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to Draft Party from CEO Mark Murphy

Chubbyhubby
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Dear Green Bay Packers Fan,

I trust this letter finds you well. It has been an exciting couple of months for me since coming to the Packers. I feel honored to join the organization and have the opportunity to lead the most storied franchise in pro football, supported by the most passionate and knowledgeable fans in sports.

It also is an exciting time here for everyone at the Green Bay Packers as preparations intensify for the 2008 NFL Draft, which takes place next month. Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and his staff currently are traveling the country to make final checks on many of this year's draft-eligible players. In the coming weeks, they will then finalize player evaluations, including information from the NFL Scouting Combine, and prepare the Packers' draft board.

As our anticipation builds for the Draft, we also are getting excited for our annual Draft Party in the Lambeau Field Atrium. I'd like to personally invite you to this year's event, set for April 26, from 2 to 9 p.m. Doors open at 1 p.m.

At the 2008 Draft Party, you'll be able to share the excitement of the day with more than a thousand other Packers fans. Be the first to hear from Ted Thompson and Head Coach Mike McCarthy as they talk about the team's draft strategy. The party features projection screen TVs with network coverage and live local coverage from Newsradio 620 WTMJ.

Packers players Atari Bigby, Jarrett Bush, Nick Collins, Mason Crosby, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Brandon Jackson, James Jones and Koren Robinson will join the party to take part in autograph sessions and on-stage interviews. A commemorative T-shirt, door prizes, interactive games and contests, and computer stations for Web browsing also are part of the day. And remember to bring your laptop computer as the Lambeau Field Atrium is a Wi-Fi "hot spot."

Tickets for the Draft Party are on sale now through our event sponsor, Mills Fleet Farm. The tickets, priced at $25, must be purchased in person at one of 18 Wisconsin Mills Fleet Farm locations. Additional event details, as well as a list of participating Mills Fleet Farm outlets, can be found on www.packers.com or by calling the Packers' ticket office at 920/569-7501. (If you're a fan located outside of Wisconsin, please contact the Packers' ticket office for additional information on how to purchase tickets.)

I hope you'll join us April 26 when all the hard work and preparation culminates in the selection of the Packers' No. 1 pick in 2008. Be here, in the Lambeau Field Atrium, as the drama unfolds just a few feet away in the Packers' draft room. See you on draft day!

Sincerely,
Mark Murphy
President/CEO

BallHawk
04-03-2008, 09:58 AM
We need to get a Rat to blog from that.

Chubbyhubby
04-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Who's going? If you plan on attending sign up here,

Gunakor
04-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I want to go, but I have to make the time to travel all the way out to the nearest Fleet Farm to get tickets. Unfortunately there isn't one right around the corner from where I live. The closest I know of is the one in Menomonee Falls. Is there one located within Milwaukee County?

Chubbyhubby
04-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I want to go, but I have to make the time to travel all the way out to the nearest Fleet Farm to get tickets. Unfortunately there isn't one right around the corner from where I live. The closest I know of is the one in Menomonee Falls. Is there one located within Milwaukee County?

Gunakor, check out this link...

http://www.fleetfarm.com/locations_and_hours/

It's the locations of Mills Farm and Fleet in Wisconsin.

DonHutson
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Dear Green Bay Packers Fan,

Packers players Atari Bigby, Jarrett Bush, Nick Collins, Mason Crosby, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Brandon Jackson, James Jones and Koren Robinson will join the party to take part in autograph sessions and on-stage interviews.

Hmmm, with the exception of Jones and Crosby - all of those guys might very well be sitting there watching the team draft the guy that knocks them to the bottom of the depth chart or off the roster completely. That might be worth the price of admission alone.

If K-Rob looks depressed after we draft a WR, please remember DON'T BUY HIM A BEER. That's not helpful.

Joemailman
04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Too bad they can't talk Justin Harrell in to showing up. I hear he's a real favorite with the Draft Party crowd.

ND72
04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Who's going? If you plan on attending sign up here,

we've thought about going the past couple years....but when you have a 115" HD Home Theatre with the most comfy theatre chairs I've ever sat in, in my life....I go to my buddies house anyday with only 3 or 4 of the guys.