PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Favre would play for another NFL team

motife
04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/03/favres-agent-denies-seeking-trade/
FAVRE’S AGENT DENIES SEEKING TRADE
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2008, 4:59 p.m.
Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times has a report today that, if true, would be a bombshell: Brett Favre could be weighing a comeback with an NFL team other than the Packers.

Farmer quotes unnamed NFL sources as saying that Favre’s agent “has quietly inquired with teams about their interest.” And he notes that Favre, who tearfully announced his departure from the game of football last month, has not yet filed his retirement paperwork.

But Farmer also quotes Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, as saying he knows nothing about it. And Cook tells ESPN, “That is absolutely false. Absolutely false, and you can quote me on that.”

That leaves us with the choice of believing Farmer’s unnamed sources or Cook’s emphatic denials. And it reminds us that no matter how many times Favre says he is done playing football, we’re not done hearing speculation that he’ll return.

RIPackerFan
04-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I call bulls**t on this.

If it is to believed - Favre wants to go to a team that is more of a "contender" than the Pack. I find it difficult for any team that needs a QB to be more of a contender than the Pack currently is.

So unless San Diego, New England, Dallas, or the Giants are ready to trade for Favre, just don't see him going to anyone with more potential than the Pack.

Gunakor
04-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Isn't Favre still under contract for the next 2 years? Wouldn't that mean that Green Bay would have to waive thier rights to him? If so, then there's no way this happens. TT won't release his rights to Favre just so that he can go play a season or two for another team. If Favre decides to come back and play again - which he won't do - it will be for Green Bay.

The Leaper
04-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Favre is worth someone's entire 2008 draft.

Pony up, boys.

motife
04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
teams that could use him :

Chiefs
Bears
Vikings
Atlanta
Miami
San Fran
Jets
Tampa
Carolina

Yes, the Raiders and Lions, but come on.

Scott Campbell
04-03-2008, 06:09 PM
April Fools!

Bretsky
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
First off I don't buy this one bit

Secondly, even if he did want to go elsewhere TT would get some compensation for him

red
04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
this ones the main story on yahoo now

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txfavreretirement&prov=st&type=lgns

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”
During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

I trust Bus Cook.

Freak Out
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
WTF is it with these monkeys? He just retired...at least let it go until training camp or something.

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
This from ESPN:

Favre's agent shoots down report of comeback
ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 3, 2008, 7:02 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Is Brett Favre Considering a Comeback?Brett Favre's agent has shot down a published report that the Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, could be weighing a comeback with another team.

The Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed NFL sources, reported that Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, had quietly inquired with teams about their interest in trading for the 38-year-old veteran.

But Cook, asked about the report, told ESPN, "That is absolutely false. Absolutely false, and you can quote me on that."

Cook was quoted in The Times story that any word of Favre's interest in continuing his career was "news to me."

Will Brett Favre ever play in the NFL again?
Yes
No

"I don't think that has anything to do with anything. He's retired, period, point blank," Cook told The Times.

Favre announced his retirement on March 7, saying he was mentally and physically drained. But he has yet to file his paperwork with the NFL, and his rights still belong to the Packers, who could trade him to another team.

The Times reported that according to league sources, Favre's decision to retire was partially influenced by his frustration that the Packers didn't make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss in 2007 or 2008.

But Cook denied any link between Moss and Favre's decision to retire, according to The Times.

"As far as Randy's deal with New England, there were never any negotiations with Green Bay," he said, according to the report. "As far as I know, Brett retired because he was tired and burned out."

Kiwon
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Farve playing for another NFL team? - When pigs fly.

Just try prying him off that lawn tractor. Plus, he'll be 20 pounds heavier the next time you see him. He's retired and he'll eat whatever he wants to.

That's one man that will enjoy the heck out of "retirement."

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Mortensen says:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3327725&categoryId=2459789

Gunakor
04-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Packers trading him to another team... that's a laugh. They already said they are going to retire his number this year. Why would they retire his number - big ceremony with the Favres and former teammates and 60k Packer fans - if they had any intention of trading him?

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Thompson says: "Inconceivable"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80790d09&template=with-video&confirm=true

MJZiggy
04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Isn't Favre still under contract for the next 2 years? Wouldn't that mean that Green Bay would have to waive thier rights to him? If so, then there's no way this happens. TT won't release his rights to Favre just so that he can go play a season or two for another team. If Favre decides to come back and play again - which he won't do - it will be for Green Bay.

The story can't be true anyway, because after the tampering issues that the Bears and Niners just went through, nobody's going to risk getting busted for it.. Cook can't shop Favre unless he has the Packers' permission to do so and he obviously does not have permission. Someone's STILL using Favre to create a stir and get attention.

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Thank you MJ for putting it right..............it's all :bs2:

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

I just like that little guy. :lol:

packers11
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
I can see it now...

5 years down the road...

Articles still will be posted "Favre to come back???"

falco
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
right now this is the story on the front page at yahoo

billy_oliver880
04-03-2008, 07:46 PM
you know what they say. you throw enough sh!t against the wall....something is bound to stick.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I thought he was in Disney land?

MadtownPacker
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, there wasn't much other sports news right now anyways.... :D

packinpatland
04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Here's the guy who reported it........sounds dubious.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80791ada

Guiness
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
how do you even respond to this stuff, eh?

Honestly, the only thing I could see prying Favre back would be a solid shot at another SB - and his best chance at that is right where he was, in GB!!!

Right now, there are three big horses in the race in the NFC, the Pack, the Boys and the Giants. And defending champs or not, the Giants are third in that race.

And even if he thought one of the other teams gave him a better chance, you don't integrate QB's in a season...it's not a rent-a-player type position, like a CB, or maybe a pass rushing DE.

Iron Mike
04-03-2008, 11:27 PM

And I scooped you all by 45 minutes on it!!!!

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=256044#256044

the_idle_threat
04-04-2008, 02:42 AM
It's nice to be wanted. Marino is probably green with envy, given the way he was basically kicked in the ass to retire already.

Seems to have happened that way more often than not with the all time greats.

Pacopete4
04-04-2008, 03:37 AM
i bet Brett is laughing at all of this because 2 years ago he was told he couldn't play.. that he was holding the packers back.. that he had lost what once made him and now?... all this commotion about him retiring, coming back, stayin retired... its great isn't it? This is the way he wanted to leave I think. He will forever be remembered as a player that probably left too early, and guess what... at the age of 38 years old! Just adds to the legend of Brett Favre

packinpatland
04-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I hope that's all he's doing is laughing...

Fosco33
04-04-2008, 10:53 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/04/favre.denial/index.html

clears that bs up...

packinpatland
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Good ol' Brett. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
From the article:

At the NFL meetings this week, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson said he wanted to visit Favre in Mississippi after the draft. Thompson just wants to say thanks for everything, and to have some quiet time with him.

"Good,'' said Favre. "I'll put him to work.''

Ha! I'd love to see pics of TT doing some fence-repairing, lawn mowing and such.

woodbuck27
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
:violin: :taunt: :thank: :P :P :P :worship: :whist: :eyes:

That was a GOOD ONE !!! :D X 10

FAVRE WILL NEVER PLAY WITH ANOTHER TEAM.

HE's a PACKER FOREVER!

woodbuck27
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
From the article:

At the NFL meetings this week, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson said he wanted to visit Favre in Mississippi after the draft. Thompson just wants to say thanks for everything, and to have some quiet time with him.

"Good,'' said Favre. "I'll put him to work.''

Ha! I'd love to see pics of TT doing some fence-repairing, lawn mowing and such.

Hahahaha

If I was Favre I greet TT with a load of coarse salt and a double barrell.

FAVRE sure is a gentle soul.