PDA

View Full Version : Brian Williams handles becoming a millionaire poorly

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Looks like he's lucky this didn't turn into a case of police brutality.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346152,00.html

Officer's Report Reveals NFL Player's Alleged Racist Rant During DUI Arrest
Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Jacksonville, Fla., television station has obtained documents detailing Jaguars cornerback Brian Williams’ racist rant to police the night he was arrested in September 2006 on suspicion of DUI, News 4 Jax reported.

The police officer involved wrote in a report that Williams called him "Honky mother (expletive)," and said, "I (expletive) your momma ... I (expletive) your wife twice." Williams allegedly went on to say he would do something to the officer’s daughter, News 4 Jax reported.

Williams apologized for his actions after the initial arrest, but recently withdrew the guilty plea he submitted after the 2006 incident.

That withdrawal allowed the arresting officer’s notes to be made public. The officer said at the time of the arrest he did not know Williams had recently signed a multimillion dollar deal with the Jaguars, News 4 Jax reported.

The officer’s report claims Williams told him, "You think I'm a drug dealing (expletive) looking for a gun?"

The officer stated Williams told him his car cost more than the officer would ever make.

Williams, his attorney and the Jaguars would not comment to News 4 Jax on the alleged comments.

"We can't tolerate this type of hatred and racial-type language in this community. It just divides — that is all it does," Isaiah Rumlin, president of the local chapter of the NAACP, told News 4 Jax.

Badgerinmaine
04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Wow. Smooth.
Stephen A. Smith--who is usually a little too emotional for me--had a very, very eloquent discussion today on the 40th anniversary of the death of MLK that too many modern athletes don't recognize how grateful they should be for those who came before them and helped make the way for them, and that they should behave better as a result. This case could have been Exhibit A for what he was talking about, just as the latest Chris Henry arrest (and his subsequent release) was specifically cited.

Kiwon
04-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Note that the officer showed some class by not leaking to the media what took place 1.5 years earlier. When the status of the case changed the news media got access to the arrest records and then his side of the story came out.

Drunk or not, you have to wonder how many other players feel exactly the same way as Brian Williams does.

It's nice also that the local NAACP head didn't sell out for Brian Williams. We need more of that along with the points that Stephen Smith made.

Fritz
04-05-2008, 08:15 AM
"I (expletive) your momma ... I (expletive) your wife twice." Williams allegedly went on to say he would do something to the officer’s daughter, News 4 Jax reported.

Lete's look at Williams's claims. If the officer is, say, around forty years old, then Brian Williams claims to have had sex with a woman (the officer's mom) who is probably around sixty years old.

As for any daughter, she would likely be around thirteen or so.

Wow. Brian Williams has some interesting and possibly illegal sexual tastes if any of this were true.