PDA

View Full Version : No vote for you!

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 09:39 AM
No, this is not another rant about the grave injustice suffered by the good people of MI & FL at the hands of that skinny black monster. Maybe later.

I want to know how the F it is reasonable and wise to prohibit convicted felons from ever voting again? I think this is the wierdest form of discrimination we have going, a real carry-over from the Dark Ages.

If a former criminal wants to take the time to vote, isn't that a GOOD thing? It means they feel part of society. Voting is good citizenship. I would guess people who vote are less angry and frustrated, can't say which came first, the chicken or egg. Why would we want felons to be permanent outcasts, that's counter-productive.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
No, this is not another rant about the grave injustice suffered by the good people of MI & FL at the hands of that skinny black monster. Maybe later.

I want to know how the F it is reasonable and wise to prohibit convicted felons from ever voting again? I think this is the wierdest form of discrimination we have going, a real carry-over from the Dark Ages.

If a former criminal wants to take the time to vote, isn't that a GOOD thing? It means they feel part of society. Voting is good citizenship. I would guess people who vote are less angry and frustrated, can't say which came first, the chicken or egg. Why would we want felons to be permanent outcasts, that's counter-productive.

What I don't understand is why we put felons in prison. I mean, we want them to be a part of society after all, right? Isn't not being in jail a GOOD thing? Not being in jail is good citizenship. Such a strange form of punishment, this prison thing. All it accomplishes is removing those who do harm to our society from said society. Weird.

Oh, yeah. Chickens. Eggs. Disenfranchise. Injustice. Revote. Media conspiracy. Snipers.

Zool
04-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Rock

the_idle_threat
04-04-2008, 10:27 AM
In the Dark Ages, those convicted of felony-level offenses were pretty much always hanged or otherwise executed. But I know what you meant. :P

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM

What I don't understand is why we put felons in prison. I mean, we want them to be a part of society after all, right? Isn't not being in jail a GOOD thing? Not being in jail is good citizenship. Such a strange form of punishment, this prison thing. All it accomplishes is removing those who do harm to our society from said society. Weird.

Oh, yeah. Chickens. Eggs. Disenfranchise. Injustice. Revote. Media conspiracy. Snipers.

So if I read you correctly, the notion of allowing felons to vote is coddling criminals. And suggestion that they should be able to vote is too ridiculous to discuss.

Felons are allowed to vote in most states, I believe. In some states they have to go through some probabionary period to get vote back. I'll have to look it up, but I think only Texas and Florida still disenfranchise felons.

Texas may be just the place for you.

The huge number of people who do time (since the 80's) for drug crimes make taking the vote away particularly damaging.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Felons are allowed to vote in most states, I believe. In some states they have to go through some probabionary period to get vote back. I'll have to look it up, by I think only Texas and Florida still disenfranchise felons.

Then why are you making such a big deal about it? Disenfranchising felons... :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Felons are allowed to vote in most states, I believe. In some states they have to go through some probabionary period to get vote back. I'll have to look it up, by I think only Texas and Florida still disenfranchise felons.

Then why are you making such a big deal about it? Disenfranchising felons... :roll:

Perhaps a poll in PackerRats is too huge of a deal.

you're gonna love Texas, my redneck friend. Tex has got an extra room upstairs until you get on your feet.

I don't think any state should be allowed to take the vote away from anybody. Texas & Florida are keeping a hell of a lot of people, mostly African Americans who got busted for drugs, from voting. Outrageous.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
The huge number of people who do time (since the 80) for drug crimes make taking the vote away particularly damaging.

Damaging to who?

What percentage of these people would vote if they could anyway?

A drug felon is still a felon, no matter what song your bleeding heart sings.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Sometimes you're so goddamn retarded.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Texas & Florida are keeping a hell of a lot of people, mostly Democrats, from voting. Outrageous.

This is the only reason this is an issue for you.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 11:11 AM
The huge number of people who do time (since the 80) for drug crimes make taking the vote away particularly damaging.

Damaging to who?

What percentage of these people would vote if they could anyway?

A drug felon is still a felon, no matter what song your bleeding heart sings.

The more who vote the better, it's a sign they are turning away from anti-social behavior.

I am surprised that you would want to stand by this policy. I really don't see any justification for it. It's wrong on principle as well as practicalities.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Texas & Florida are keeping a hell of a lot of people, mostly Democrats, from voting. Outrageous.

This is the only reason this is an issue for you.

Is this the only reason you want to prevent them from voting?

Freak Out
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
So someone once convicted of a felony is never allowed to vote once out of prison in Florida and Texas even after "paying their debt to society"? Sounds about right for Texas....I'm surprised anyone can vote in Florida. :lol:

The Leaper
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I can see the logic behind the idea, although I admit taking away their vote for life seems too harsh.

Personally, I like the idea of taking their vote away from them for a probationary period after they serve their time...to see if they really are reformed or will just wind up back behind bars in 6 months. An unreformed felon does not deserve a vote in our society IMO.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
SkinBasket,

Hold off on the Texas move! Texas changed their law 10 years ago. And Florida just a few months ago gave ex-cons right to vote. The fact that close to 1 million Floridians were ineligible to vote in 2004 caught somebody's attention.

Kentucky and Virginia still disenfranchise felons, I suspect you'll fit-in even better down Appalachia way.

I guess this issue is fading-away along with the spread of electricity and readin and writin. Fun to see the reaction, though, I guess you might be a redneck if you post in PackerRats. :lol:

Freak Out
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
WTF over?

Scott Campbell
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Harlan is a felon?

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I did spend a night in jail, a youthful indiscretion.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Fun to see the reaction, though

Was it as fun as being completely outraged about something you didn't know anything about? I mean, your outrage only missed the boat by 10 years on Texas. But I guess transferring your indignation wherever you think it's needed next isn't much of a problem for you.

Zool
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Fuck the felons right in their selfish asses. Why should they have any right to decide who makes the laws when they could give 2 shits about following the laws that are created?

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Was it as fun as being completely outraged about something you didn't know anything about? I mean, your outrage only missed the boat by 10 years on Texas. But I guess transferring your indignation wherever you think it's needed next isn't much of a problem for you.

Sounds like you are taking the news about Texas pretty hard!

I was wrong about exactly which states had changed laws, but not so far off, actually.

I think its time to change your tampon.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Fuck the felons right in their selfish asses. Why should they have any right to decide who makes the laws when they could give 2 shits about following the laws that are created?

If they are interested in voting, chances are pretty good that they're not just selfish asses anymore.

I don't believe it is right or productive to punish people endlessly for breaking the law.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Sometimes you're so goddamn retarded.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
stop berating yourself!

spring is finally here, brighten up.

Zool
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Pedophiles are people too damnit.....

dumbass

Deputy Nutz
04-04-2008, 03:28 PM

dumbass

Pedophiles go to jail?

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
brighten up.

You're the one with all these unresolved feelings of outrage and injustice. Don't mistake me being sick of your constant need to be the victim by proxy for me being in a bad mood. After all, you're the one upset about my suggested readings on animal sex. What says springtime better than creatures humping?

GoPackGo
04-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Clearly reading Partial's nonstop idiocies on this forum are starting to warp your Brains. think about this:
I know a felon who got busted with a large amount of pot in the 70's. He never spent any time in jail, has had a clean record for 30 years, can't legally own a gun though he love's to deer hunt, is a great father and grandfather, and is on the board of elders and ushers in his church. He's been writing letters to the governor of Wisconsin for a pardon for 15 years. Despite never committing a violent or perverted crime he still pays for a dumb decision he made when he was 19 years old.
So you approve of taking this upstanding citizens right to vote away? And you call yourself Americans?

Zool
04-04-2008, 03:47 PM

dumbass

Pedophiles go to jail?

Only if they arent priests. Priests just get relocated.

Deputy Nutz
04-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Clearly reading Partial's nonstop idiocies on this forum are starting to warp your Brains. think about this:
I know a felon who got busted with a large amount of pot in the 70's. He never spent any time in jail, has had a clean record for 30 years, can't legally own a gun though he love's to deer hunt, is a great father and grandfather, and is on the board of elders and ushers in his church. He's been writing letters to the governor of Wisconsin for a pardon for 15 years. Despite never committing a violent or perverted crime he still pays for a dumb decision he made when he was 19 years old.
So you approve of taking this upstanding citizens right to vote away? And you call yourself Americans?

Well that is a really nice story about your friend, I am glad that he was able to rebound from a bad decision, but he should thank his lucky stars every night that he didn't have to go to prison.

He can still bow hunt, a bow is not a fire arm.
He can actually still get a deer gun permit and do drives for his friends and family. Don't quote me on this, but I think he can reapply for gun ownership rights in the state of Wisconsin. I might be wrong, but tell your friend to check into that, it might be easier than trying to get a pardon. Even if you are pardoned though it still means that you are felon. Pardon's don't erase your past, they just get you off the hook.

GoPackGo
04-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Well that is a really nice story about your friend, I am glad that he was able to rebound from a bad decision, but he should thank his lucky stars every night that he didn't have to go to prison.

He can still bow hunt, a bow is not a fire arm.
He can actually still get a deer gun permit and do drives for his friends and family. Don't quote me on this, but I think he can reapply for gun ownership rights in the state of Wisconsin. I might be wrong, but tell your friend to check into that, it might be easier than trying to get a pardon. Even if you are pardoned though it still means that you are felon. Pardon's don't erase your past, they just get you off the hook.\

As far as him thanking his lucky stars he didn't go to prison.....It wasn't even his pot. He was just an accessory in the deal. He paid a fine and got slapped with the felony tag. No probation, no prison. And not one incident since that one in 1977.
He does bow hunt. Why can't he gun hunt? his felony has hindered his profession, as he could be making more money if he could legally leave the country.
Hearing people group all felons together makes me very defensive.

Scott Campbell
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I know a felon who got busted with a large amount of pot in the 70's.

Large amount - huh? So he was pushing? Were any of those drugs distributed to kids?

I'd rather save my energy for real victims. I voted no, but meant to vote yes.

GoPackGo
04-04-2008, 04:04 PM

Large amount - huh? So he was pushing? Were any of those drugs distributed to kids?

I'd rather save my energy for real victims. I voted no.

its was the largest pot bust ever in the same city that he went to high school
couple hundred lbs.

Scott Campbell
04-04-2008, 04:12 PM

I'd rather save my energy for real victims. I voted no.

its was the largest pot bust ever in the same city that he went to high school
couple hundred lbs.

It's too bad - that young - a dumb move that followed him around for the rest of his life.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 04:13 PM

No one's taking away anyone's right to vote. Some of us just don't have Harlan's overinflated sense of outrage over things we aren't educated about.

Your upstanding citizen friend should have considered the consequences on his future before becoming a pot dealer I guess. Can't say I have any sympathy for him not being able to possess a firearm. Nor would I have any if he couldn't vote if that were the law when he decided to start acting feloniously.

I suppose I adhere to the idea of accepting responsibility for your actions instead of acting like a victim because you don't like the consequences. I'm not going to shed a tear for someone who violated their society and then wants a say in the direction of the very same society.

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't berate me too much GoPackGo. I wrote that before I read your other posts about being defensive about felons of varying types.

I should have said pot dealer's helper instead of pot dealer.

GoPackGo
04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
its all good in the neighborhood

Freak Out
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM

I suggest he write a former drug user who has the power to offer a boat load of pardons anytime he wants. He will be losing that power soon so tell him to start writing now. Organize a letter writing campaign or something.

Iron Mike
04-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Back off topic.....it took until 2001 for Texas to have an open container law.

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Section=Pamphlets&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=4902

When I was stationed there in the mid-80s, it was still legal for everyone in a vehicle besides the driver to be drinking. Yeeeaaaaahhhhhwwhooooo!!!!!
http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/hank.jpg

Freak Out
04-04-2008, 05:17 PM

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Section=Pamphlets&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=4902

When I was stationed there in the mid-80s, it was still legal for everyone in a vehicle besides the driver to be drinking. Yeeeaaaaahhhhhwwhooooo!!!!!

I go to Louisiana for work a few times a year and really enjoy the drive up Daiquiri stores. Just don't drink it while driving! Ah...sure. It's 100 damn degrees out and humid as all get out.

The only reason they wrote the law was to get FED highway $$$...they sure don't enforce it.

texaspackerbacker
04-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I was not aware that so many states allowed them to vote. That's a little bit depressing. It's another example of the crap that gets passed in state legislatures--and Congress--without much fanfare--then it's the law, and it's pretty much too late.

All sorts of do-gooder idiocy gets rammed through that way that would NEVER pass a referendum.

The stupid ban on incandescent lights comes to mind, along with all sorts of "safety" crap.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Tex,

what do you suppose preventing felons from voting accomplishes? Do you think it deters other criminals? I really don't get it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2008, 09:30 PM

That sucks. The only time I went to Texas was around New Year's 1999. We took advantage of the lack of an open container law.
:D

SkinBasket
04-04-2008, 09:58 PM
what do you suppose preventing felons from voting accomplishes? Do you think it deters other criminals? I really don't get it.

Harlan, you like to look at everything from the ass end first. Preventing voting isn't supposed to deter fuckers from felony crime. It's meant to say we aren't going to let society's cocksuckers (not literally, as I believe in most states fellatio is not a felony) determine the fate of the rest of us.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 10:18 PM
OK, sounds like a way to express anger. A sort of fuck-you gesture to ex-cons.

I don't see any value in that. Its not a punishment that deters anybody, so where exactly does the benefit kick in? I'd rather encourage felons to lead a productive life, ex-cons should be encouraged to vote, not prevented.

Also it is a horrible overreach by government. I don't want government to have the power to keep ANYBODY from voting.

MadtownPacker
04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
This thread is the most BS hypocritical shit I have ever read on this forum. Have any of you ever smoked weed??

I am betting you all have and might have even tried some coke or LSD or X. If not then good for you but not everyone lives in a pefect world where everything smells like roses. How about drinking and driving?? That is a felon also right? I bet all of you at one time or another got behind the wheel even though you shouldnt have. You just didnt get caught so get off your fucking high horses.

Maybe someone wanting to vote means they want to realign themselves with society. Why should that be denied if they have done their time and successfully completed probation or parole?? I understand if it is a murderer or rapist but last I check no one forces anyone to buy drugs.

Those who claim to be so fucking open-minded always seem to be the biggest fucking flip fioppers.

Now Im gonna go blow some dank and write the fucking Governator a letter.

Harlan Huckleby
04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I changed my mind. I think Skinbasket & Tex are right.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Tex,

For me, it's pure politics. Anybody bad enough or stupid enough to get convicted of a felony stands a very strong chance of being a Democrat.

I think polls and statistics confirm that.

Harlan Huckleby
04-05-2008, 01:13 AM
OK. I suppose this is main reason why the law was slow to change. Maybe a few more wall street crooks in jail would have gotten the ball rolling sooner.

The no-vote policy has hung-on in Southern states with large black populations, which smells more than a little Jim Crowish. This issue pissed me off a few years ago when I learned how many people in FL couldn't vote, made our country seem like Soviet Union.

Freak Out
04-05-2008, 01:30 AM
[quote=Harlan Huckleby]Tex,

For me, it's pure politics. Anybody bad enough or stupid enough to get convicted of a felony stands a very strong chance of being a Democrat.

I think polls and statistics confirm that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bretsky
04-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I vote for Apathy on this one

GrnBay007
04-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Does anyone that voted yes even know a person that was convicted of a felony? I seriously doubt it.

It's ridiculous to say that someone that was, at one time, convicted of a felony should not be allowed to vote. It's one of the craziest things I've heard. Does this mean you don't believe in rehabilitation? If that's the case you better be ready to open up your wallets and pay a hell of a lot more taxes so we can build thousands of more prisons so we can lock them up forever......right? Lots of people make poor decisions and they probably regret it but no way does that mean they don't go on to live a productive life.

In most cases they have to go through a process to get restoration of rights. If they are willing to go through that process it would seem they care and have an interest in becoming a productive citizen and IMO have the same right as anyone here does to vote.

Freak Out
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Does anyone that voted yes even know a person that was convicted of a felony? I seriously doubt it.

It's ridiculous to say that someone that was, at one time, convicted of a felony should not be allowed to vote. It's one of the craziest things I've heard. Does this mean you don't believe in rehabilitation? If that's the case you better be ready to open up your wallets and pay a hell of a lot more taxes so we can build thousands of more prisons so we can lock them up forever......right? Lots of people make poor decisions and they probably regret it but no way does that mean they don't go on to live a productive life.

In most cases they have to go through a process to get restoration of rights. If they are willing to go through that process it would seem they care and have an interest in becoming a productive citizen and IMO have the same right as anyone here does to vote.

I love hot intelligent women with attack dogs.

Partial
04-05-2008, 11:15 AM
This topic is interesting because it also shows exactly how screwed up the justice system is. Having everyone pay money to keep someone away from society and causing problems is backwards imo.

Freak Out
04-05-2008, 11:17 AM
This topic is interesting because it also shows exactly how screwed up the justice system is. Having everyone pay money to keep someone away from society and causing problems is backwards imo.

So you are saying what?

SkinBasket
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM

I'm confused. So you want to pay no money to not put people in jail? Will we still arrest them, or just give them a stern talking to?

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm confused. So you want to pay no money to not put people in jail? Will we still arrest them, or just give them a stern talking to?

Maybe Partial believes in a firing squad? I respect that.

GrnBay007
04-05-2008, 11:51 AM

It also shows how screwed up (or excuse me, naive) your ideas of a perfect little society. If you want to keep those "bad boys" off the street....like the one that scared you in that restaurant or store, whatever it was, you need to shell out the big bucks for more prisons to be built....so everyone that's "naughty" can be locked up forever....and only those that worked 25 hours a week while they were in college full time can further their education....oh and only non felons that have 30% down can purchase a house. Life isn't perfect Partial....nobody is. Experience is the best teacher. Without sounding mean, I really hope you go through some rough times in life so you can take your rose colored glasses off. I bet you'd really find more enjoyment in life also if you wouldn't be so hard nosed.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:54 AM

It also shows how screwed up (or excuse me, naive) your ideas of a perfect little society. If you want to keep those "bad boys" off the street....like the one that scared you in that restaurant or store, whatever it was, you need to shell out the big bucks for more prisons to be built....so everyone that's "naughty" can be locked up forever....and only those that worked 25 hours a week while they were in college full time can further their education....oh and only non felons that have 30% down can purchase a house. Life isn't perfect Partial....nobody is. Experience is the best teacher. Without sounding mean, I really hope you go through some rough times in life so you can take your rose colored glasses off. I bet you'd really find more enjoyment in life also if you wouldn't be so hard nosed.

Gee, how can we better society and help these people not become criminals and spend our tax dollars while being sent to prison? UTOPIA NOW!!!

Harlan Huckleby
04-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe Partial believes in a firing squad? I respect that.

finally some sense. "straight talk", as my man McCain would say.

Harlan Huckleby
04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
If you want to keep those "bad boys" off the street....like the one that scared you in that restaurant

:lol: this is gettin good now

Partial
04-05-2008, 12:58 PM

I'm not saying that, but I think the system is ass backwards that these people who do bad things get to go on and live a life of luxury in the slammer... free of charge. It is a screwed up system without a good answer, but the current answer encourages those people who want to cause trouble instead of working to continue their hoodlum ways.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 01:31 PM

I'm not saying that, but I think the system is ass backwards that these people who do bad things get to go on and live a life of luxury in the slammer... free of charge. It is a screwed up system without a good answer, but the current answer encourages those people who want to cause trouble instead of working to continue their hoodlum ways.

You honestly can't be this retarded. I actually pray that you're not, and you just thrive over the goofy bullshit posts that you make that are filled with naive dribble so you can get off on all the negative attention that you receive on an internet forum. You are actually beginning to sound more and more like Tank, seeking a reaction of the good people here on the forum.

Last time I checked Federal Prison was not living the life of luxury that included fine dinning and world class facilities. If you actually believe these lies that your old man tells you than you should kill him and flog yourself for being boarder line retarded, but I don't think you are serious, just seriously full of shit.

SkinBasket
04-05-2008, 01:59 PM
You honestly can't be this retarded...

Wow. You've even exhausted nutz's patience. That's impressive.

Partial
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM

You honestly can't be this retarded. I actually pray that you're not, and you just thrive over the goofy bullshit posts that you make that are filled with naive dribble so you can get off on all the negative attention that you receive on an internet forum. You are actually beginning to sound more and more like Tank, seeking a reaction of the good people here on the forum.

Last time I checked Federal Prison was not living the life of luxury that included fine dinning and world class facilities. If you actually believe these lies that your old man tells you than you should kill him and flog yourself for being boarder line retarded, but I don't think you are serious, just seriously full of shit.

It's really funny how I have yet to make a single statement on the subject yet three people have jumped on my back trying to tell me "how it is".

It's getting to be quite ridiculous.

Is the system not backwards that the good people have to work daily, save their money, etc while the prisoners get to not work, get to be to lazy, and still get food, clothing and shelter.

Life of luxury might be a bit of a stretch, but they have gyms, showers, food, clothing, shelter, reading materials, television, etc. All for free. Again, ass backwards. The good family struggling to get by might not have all of this despite doing it right. I also don't remember commenting on any federal prisons, simply on the system from top to bottom.

Now as for me actually saying something, here's a nugget for you to consider. I bet a lot of these people who end up in prison see an upgrade in day to day life. At the very least, some might consider it an upgrade when you take into account they no longer have to work.

That's all i'm saying.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I am sure they are all loving the life of luxury while 6 inmates savagely rape each other. I am sure it is the life of luxury when you can't fall asleep at night because your bunkmate might decide to shank you in the middle of the night because you didn't rub his feet. I am sure it is the life of luxury when you get served food you wouldn't even want to feed your dog. Use the gym you say, well thats fine as long as you don't mix up what piece of equipment to use, because some are property of the blacks, Aryans, or the Mexicans.

I bet when guys get the verdict from the judge, they just squeal out in utter joy about going to prison, "Three squares a day!!!!"

Partial
04-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm missing your point. You can't control how prisoners are going to treat one another. They're scum bags, thats why they're there. What is stupid is paying all these money so these people can eat, have direct tv, clothing, shelter, etc when other families that are doing things the right way struggle to get by.

texaspackerbacker
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Amen to that, Partial.

They do get much better conditions than they deserve. Part of the reason for prison is deterrent. Nowadays, it ain't much of one, especially for the baddest of the bad.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm missing your point. You can't control how prisoners are going to treat one another. They're scum bags, thats why they're there. What is stupid is paying all these money so these people can eat, have direct tv, clothing, shelter, etc when other families that are doing things the right way struggle to get by.

So what do you really suppose we do about that problem that we call "paying for luxury"? Kill everyone that is convicted of a crime? Not have any punishment for crime? Spank their little bottom? Or how about not have crime at all, just had out enough federal dollars to people about to commit crimes and make them stop?

You're ass backwards if you think Prisons are not a necessary. I would rather pay 5 dollars a year in taxes, because that is probably what it equates to for normal tax paying Americans to make sure that this scum you refer to has a nice little 6x8 cell every night to rest their head.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Another thing you donkey,

these poor down trodden families you like to think about when bringing up such things as taxation for things such as prisons, realize that these people don't pay taxes to the federal government or to the state government for that matter, sure everyone pays sales taxes, but there is no way around that.

Partial
04-05-2008, 10:45 PM

So what do you really suppose we do about that problem that we call "paying for luxury"? Kill everyone that is convicted of a crime? Not have any punishment for crime? Spank their little bottom? Or how about not have crime at all, just had out enough federal dollars to people about to commit crimes and make them stop?

You're ass backwards if you think Prisons are not a necessary. I would rather pay 5 dollars a year in taxes, because that is probably what it equates to for normal tax paying Americans to make sure that this scum you refer to has a nice little 6x8 cell every night to rest their head.

Again, I didn't propose to change the system or anything. All I said is the system is fucked up. Which it is. And you jumped down my throat. Same with 007. Christ, when did this place become lectureville?!?

3irty1
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
You guys are getting off track...

After the raping and Direct TV should they be able to vote???

Partial
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
You guys are getting off track...

After the raping and Direct TV should they be able to vote???

Not while they're serving. After, yes.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Again, I didn't propose to change the system or anything. All I said is the system is fucked up. Which it is. And you jumped down my throat. Same with 007. Christ, when did this place become lectureville?!?

How is it actually fucked up partial? That bad people do crimes and get caught, then go to jail. What is so fucked up about that?

Zool
04-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Fuck it. Kill em all. Dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

Also do like the used to in China and bill the family for the bullet.

3irty1
04-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Personally I think all prisoners should be made to live together on an island and filmed for reality TV.

GBRulz
04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I can kind of attest to what Partial is getting at. I think....

My uncle is the Lt of a suburban Milwaukee PD and every winter they see people struggling to live (mostly homeless) commit petty crimes to purposely get put in jail over the winter months. It's guaranteed food and shelter that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

How about a kid that gets turned down for financial aid for wanting to go to college? He can just commit a crime and then just get his degree for free in prison.

I'm not saying these are every day occurances, but they do happen. Now, THAT is something seriously wrong with our system.

Deputy Nutz
04-06-2008, 10:55 AM
The thing about incarceration that is fucked up, is that they don't make these fuckers do hard time. Working on the road crew picking up garbage, breaking up rock. That sort of shit. Have them actually pay back their debt to society.

I do believe that in some states inmates actually have to pay for their stay in prison, they do jobs in the big house that they get payed for and basically have to turn around and pay off the "Man" they have meet the debt before they can leave or get an extended stay.

A county jail in Arizona charges inmates for coffee and actually makes a profit.

GBRulz
04-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Since this thread has already gone way OT, I have a question for you guys.

A guy gets hired at my company. Now, I won't get into all the details of how I found out, etc but he is a convicted sex offender. Basically, he likes young teenage girls and I've heard he's violent, I'll leave it at that. So, I tell my boss about my concern and she says "yes, we know about his past." AND then she proceeds to tell me that I am not to tell any of my co-workers about this and how it's none of their business, etc. I said "well, it's public knowledge, there is a WI database for sex offenders."

I believe in rehab for ex cons to a certain extent. Sex offenders are not one of them. I just absolutely cannot believe that our company hired someone of this nature. They've always done extensive background checks, etc. But our company has new owners as of about 6 months ago, so obviously there are new rules.

As an employee, do I have a right to refuse to work with a certain individual for personal reasons? I'm in the process of being combed for a mgmt role, one of which is to help train new hires coming aboard right now. Also, why should I be "warned" by my manager not to share this info with my co-workers? Shouldn't they have a right to know? Taking my issue to HR isn't something I'm considering because HR always has the best issue of the company itself at hand.
This just really bothers me.

Deputy Nutz
04-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Since this thread has already gone way OT, I have a question for you guys.

A guy gets hired at my company. Now, I won't get into all the details of how I found out, etc but he is a convicted sex offender. Basically, he likes young teenage girls and I've heard he's violent, I'll leave it at that. So, I tell my boss about my concern and she says "yes, we know about his past." AND then she proceeds to tell me that I am not to tell any of my co-workers about this and how it's none of their business, etc. I said "well, it's public knowledge, there is a WI database for sex offenders."

I believe in rehab for ex cons to a certain extent. Sex offenders are not one of them. I just absolutely cannot believe that our company hired someone of this nature. They've always done extensive background checks, etc. But our company has new owners as of about 6 months ago, so obviously there are new rules.

As an employee, do I have a right to refuse to work with a certain individual for personal reasons? I'm in the process of being combed for a mgmt role, one of which is to help train new hires coming aboard right now. Also, why should I be "warned" by my manager not to share this info with my co-workers? Shouldn't they have a right to know? Taking my issue to HR isn't something I'm considering because HR always has the best issue of the company itself at hand.
This just really bothers me.

I guess technically he served his time to society with whatever punishment he received. I understand your situation, but why don't you CCAP him and find out what he really did before listening to what others said about him. I do believe that a private company is not required to inform their employees when they hire a sex offender, or a criminal for that matter.

You can always look for a new job

RashanGary
04-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I think some prisons can be funded by work done at the prison (or closely off site for prisoners that are on shorter stays and have very LOW escape risk factors).

These prison factories can make money to support the prison and to pay for rehab. Maybe the work the do can also teach them a skill that they can use when they get out. Being a functional member of society is learned. The ability is inate IMO, but having it acctually materialize has a learned factor to it. Many of these people never had a chance to learn IMO.

I think many of these people can help pay for their stay with work. Many can learn how to run their own lives when they get out. Many of these people are regular human beings iwth the ablity do good things. Many might have never been shown the way. With a little direction and the motivation of improving their own lives, I think many people can rise up and become more. There is a place for holding tanks and traditional prison, but I think there is a place for rehab oriented prison. Ithink the numbers of peopel who go back would be less and by having the prision factories making money, I think they can also lower the cost of prison on society. Win/Win. Who goes to the good prison and who goes to the bad would be based on several factors, but ultimately I think people who really want to get better would help themselves if given the chance and while helping themsleves they'd help society too. Moreso than hopeless and evil, I think people who are in prison are lost and ignorant (Neither permanent and neither worthy of condemnation and hatred).

Freak Out
04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I can kind of attest to what Partial is getting at. I think....

My uncle is the Lt of a suburban Milwaukee PD and every winter they see people struggling to live (mostly homeless) commit petty crimes to purposely get put in jail over the winter months. It's guaranteed food and shelter that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

How about a kid that gets turned down for financial aid for wanting to go to college? He can just commit a crime and then just get his degree for free in prison.

I'm not saying these are every day occurances, but they do happen. Now, THAT is something seriously wrong with our system.

It's a wonderful world.

3irty1
04-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I think some prisons can be funded by work done at the prison (or closely off site for prisoners that are on shorter stays and have very LOW escape risk factors).

These prison factories can make money to support the prison and to pay for rehab. Maybe the work the do can also teach them a skill that they can use when they get out. Being a functional member of society is learned. The ability is inate IMO, but having it acctually materialize has a learned factor to it. Many of these people never had a chance to learn IMO.

I think many of these people can help pay for their stay with work. Many can learn how to run their own lives when they get out. Many of these people are regular human beings iwth the ablity do good things. Many might have never been shown the way. With a little direction and the motivation of improving their own lives, I think many people can rise up and become more. There is a place for holding tanks and traditional prison, but I think there is a place for rehab oriented prison. Ithink the numbers of peopel who go back would be less and by having the prision factories making money, I think they can also lower the cost of prison on society. Win/Win. Who goes to the good prison and who goes to the bad would be based on several factors, but ultimately I think people who really want to get better would help themselves if given the chance and while helping themsleves they'd help society too. Moreso than hopeless and evil, I think people who are in prison are lost and ignorant (Neither permanent and neither worthy of condemnation and hatred).

Or you could just set them all on fire and use them for power. Both are good ideas.

Harlan Huckleby
04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
every winter they see people struggling to live (mostly homeless) commit petty crimes to purposely get put in jail over the winter months. It's guaranteed food and shelter that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

I'm sure this is somewhat common. Andy & Barney just let Otis have his own set of keys to the cell.
What is solution to homeless people?

:lol: I'm sure that degree will be so impressive that employers will overlook the conviction record. I really wouldn't worry about prisoners abusing this privilege.

SkinBasket
04-06-2008, 12:20 PM

We've covered this. It's basic financial planning and thrift. With a little of each they could be retired homeless people by age 58.

MJZiggy
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM

We've covered this. It's basic financial planning and thrift. With a little of each they could be retired homeless people by age 58.

If I retire at 58, I'll BE homeless.

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2008, 05:18 PM
The government doesn't owe anybody the right to a comfortable retirement. It does, however, owe everybody the right to be protected from criminals. Hence, money spent to lock up criminals is a lot more justifiable than money spent for nanny-state government programs.

More on point to the original discussion, though, is how those locked up criminals are treated. In addition to the fact that it makes a helluva lot more sense to provide NEGATIVE reinforcement for criminal behavior with harsher prisons, there is also the fact providing a lot less niceties to prisoners would be a lot cheaper.

Harlan Huckleby
04-06-2008, 05:20 PM

there's still time to marry well. plenty of interesting bachelors in the forum. Partial is on the way up, just to name one.

MJZiggy
04-06-2008, 05:45 PM
The government doesn't owe anybody the right to a comfortable retirement. It does, however, owe everybody the right to be protected from criminals. Hence, money spent to lock up criminals is a lot more justifiable than money spent for nanny-state government programs.

More on point to the original discussion, though, is how those locked up criminals are treated. In addition to the fact that it makes a helluva lot more sense to provide NEGATIVE reinforcement for criminal behavior with harsher prisons, there is also the fact providing a lot less niceties to prisoners would be a lot cheaper.

If you provide less niceties they will continue to sue until they get them back (which will end up costing a LOT to defend all the suits). Maybe instead of giving up their right to vote, they should give up their right to sue...

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree. My solution would be to vote for the party that won't appoint liberal judges that make those lawsuits successful. Wouldn't you agree?

MJZiggy
04-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't it just make more sense to vote against the idiot judge who hears them? It doesn't take a whole party to oust a stupid judge...

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2008, 08:48 PM
You can't "oust" a judge just because he makes bad rulings. It has to be a lot more egregious than that. Do you watch O'Reilly and his crusades against judges giving light sentences to pedophiles, etc.? Even in cases like that, they generally stay in office.

And Federal judges, the ones with the jurisdiction in anything like a prison conditions case, are presidential appointees--for life. We are still suffering from the rulings of a few of Jimmy Carter's and a lot of Bill Clinton's.

MadtownPacker
04-07-2008, 02:33 AM

I think many of these people can help pay for their stay with work. Many can learn how to run their own lives when they get out. Many of these people are regular human beings iwth the ablity do good things. Many might have never been shown the way. With a little direction and the motivation of improving their own lives, I think many people can rise up and become more. There is a place for holding tanks and traditional prison, but I think there is a place for rehab oriented prison. Ithink the numbers of peopel who go back would be less and by having the prision factories making money, I think they can also lower the cost of prison on society. Win/Win. Who goes to the good prison and who goes to the bad would be based on several factors, but ultimately I think people who really want to get better would help themselves if given the chance and while helping themsleves they'd help society too. Moreso than hopeless and evil, I think people who are in prison are lost and ignorant (Neither permanent and neither worthy of condemnation and hatred).That's a damn good post JH. I talk alot of shit to you about other stuff but I think you see the big picture on this. There is a lot that can be done with prisoner while also instiling disipline and skill.

Zool
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM

there's still time to marry well. plenty of interesting bachelors in the forum. Partial is on the way up, just to name one.

Too....many....jokes...brain....overload

Partial
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Ziggy would have to bring quite a bit more to the table to whoo me! She's got stiff competition from the competition who knows how to keep me stiff.

Deputy Nutz
04-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Ziggy would have to bring quite a bit more to the table to whoo me! She's got stiff competition from the competition who knows how to keep me stiff.

Ah never mind.

MJZiggy
04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
No comment.

Partial
04-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Zing?

Say a prayer for me!
I'm buried by the sound

SkinBasket
04-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Say a prayer for me!
I'm buried by the sound

I don't pray for guys buried by the sound of homosexual club music. Seems counterproductive.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Zing?

Say a prayer for me!
I'm buried by the sound

Mediocrity in your life is reflected by your musical taste.

Partial
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
You guys just have no taste. In any case, that happened to be the song playing on 102.1 at the moment of the post.

SkinBasket
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
You guys just have no taste. In any case, that happened to be the song playing on 102.1 at the moment of the post.

We have no taste because we don't appreciate such classical artists as Sponge and a song about gay anal sex? I would tend to disagree with that. These words don't exactly inspire deep thoughts:

http://ss2.cdn.weshow.com/thumbnail/us/large/23611.jpg
I said what what in the butt

You want to do it my butt, in my butt

Lets do it in the butt...okay

I feel you watching me, over there

come to me, if you care

DOn't sit and stare

It's just not fair

Make your move, if you dare

WHat, what

It's okay, to have a little fight

DOn't you worry, I wont bite ( not that hard )

If you want it, I'll give you power

Just be gentle,
I am delicate like a flower

I will give you what you need
All I want is your big fat seed

Give it to me, if you please

I will give you what you need
All I want is your big fat seed

what what...in the butt

breath...breath...breath

Tyrone Bigguns
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM

No taste? What? Because we don't quote one hit wonders like Sponge? LOL

What is next? Candlebox?

Zool
04-08-2008, 06:57 PM

What is next? Candlebox?

Ugly Kid Joe prolly.

Partial
04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Skin you clearly missed this week's excellent episode of South Park.

SkinBasket
04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Skin you clearly missed this week's excellent episode of South Park.

I'm sorry I didn't divine whether you were referencing the source material or the parody material. With you it's hard to tell.

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM

What is next? Candlebox?

Ugly Kid Joe prolly.

They had that one song....

"I Hate Everything About You"