PDA

View Full Version : More prime-time air for Packers

packers11
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/PKR01/804040694/1989

Posted April 4, 2008

More prime-time air for Packers

By Tom Pelissero
tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Aaron Rodgers' preseason debut as the Green Bay Packers' starting quarterback will be nationally televised, too.

The Cincinnati Bengals will visit Lambeau Field for the Bishop's Charities Game on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" at 7 p.m. Aug. 11, it was revealed when the NFL released its preseason schedule Thursday.

The Packers will travel to San Francisco and Denver in Weeks 2 and 3 of the preseason, respectively, and host Tennessee in the preseason finale — the Midwest Shrine Game, a gold-package game — Aug. 28 or 29. Dates for those games, which will be shown on statewide television (including WFRV, Channel 5), have not been determined.

The Packers' regular-season opener will be on ESPN on Sept. 8 against Minnesota. The rest of the regular-season schedule will be released sometime this month.

The preseason opener is a rematch of another Monday night exhibition in 2006, a 48-17 Bengals rout in Cincinnati. It's the seventh consecutive year the Packers will face the Titans in their preseason finale.

Badgerinmaine
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Excellent news, esp. for us New Englanders, right, p-11?

packers11
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM

of course... especially during preseason... I don't think direct tv comes into action until the regular season...

:(

I love watching preseason games to see how the rookies are coming along...

twoseven
04-07-2008, 12:20 PM

of course... especially during preseason... I don't think direct tv comes into action until the regular season...

:(

I love watching preseason games to see how the rookies are coming along...
Breathe easy guys, the NFL Network replays basically EVERY preseason game after is has aired, games are on all day long back to back on Saturdays and some Sundays, and also during the week. I live outside of the GB area and was able to pick up all of them after the fact on NFLN. Now, if you don't have NFLN.. you're probably screwed.

Badgerinmaine
04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Don't have NFLN.

MJZiggy
04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Don't have NFLN.

You can watch at my house.

MadtownPacker
04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Don't have NFLN.

You can watch at my house.Damn, I hope Tyrone doesnt see this.

Anyone going to the @ 49ers preseason game?