PDA

View Full Version : The moment of truth

3irty1
04-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I saw this show for the first time last night and I am shocked. Has anyone seen it? Its a controversial idea but I have to admit it does make for some awesome TV.

What do you guys think?

SkinBasket
04-05-2008, 10:31 AM
It's more of the same. Trotting out shamelessly empty souls to the delight of prime time audiences. It makes us all feel better about ourselves to see shitty human beings. Occasionally they throw in the "feel good" contestant who lives the honest life and loves his family and everyone says, "Awwwww. How nice. Now where's the next freak show!?"

Freak Out
04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
It's programing like that that shows just how low we have sunk as a society.

MJZiggy
04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
It's programing like that that shows just how low we have sunk as a society.

Isn't that more demonstrated by the availability of freak show contestants?

red
04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
people that go on that show should just be dragged out into the street and shot for being too stupid to be part of society

3irty1
04-05-2008, 12:44 PM
people that go on that show should just be dragged out into the street and shot for being too stupid to be part of society

This is the real mystery. Unless you have absolutely nothing to lose, this show will damage your life and the thing is, the more you're willing to destroy your family/marriage/relationship then the more likely it is that you'll bomb one of the questions from the lie detector. There is still an element of luck as a lie detector isn't an exact thing.

red
04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
yup. like the lady that ruined her marriage and life and then blew the question asking if she thought she was a good person

and i think they have to answer questions before hand anyways so that the people on the show know what to ask. so they know what questions are coming. they know their lives are over. but they still do it for money

these people are whores

oregonpackfan
04-05-2008, 01:17 PM
These people looking for their " 15 minutes of fame" often end up with "15 minutes of shame," IMO.

Partial
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Anyone who would sacrifice their family for cash is sick. This shit should not be on tv.

3irty1
04-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I can't say theres been a show ever that has made America legitimately hate complete strangers before though.

MadtownPacker
04-06-2008, 04:40 PM
The phony outrage on this thread makes me wanna puke!

First off, if you all are so damn offended you wouldn't have watched it. Second is that most of the crap they confess was likely known or suspected by the family member they are hurting. I actually think this all these lies being revealed to them is probably better for them anyways.

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Good Points, Madtown.

I don't care for "reality" shows in general. All of them, indeed, are much more of a freak show than a cross section of American normalcy. All I've seen of this Moment of Truth thing are the ads and previews that were on. As you say, though, undoubtedly most of the "shocking revelations" are mostly old news to the relevant acquaintances.

The bottom line, though, is that the "damned fools" on the show are extremely well paid--laughing all the way to the bank.

falco
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
the bottom line is the show sucks! the premise may be interesting and controversial, but its just not worth watching...

SkinBasket
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
First off, if you all are so damn offended you wouldn't have watched it.

Don't tell me you don't watch Best Week Ever on VH1. It is required viewing and makes you smarter.

SkinBasket
04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Fuck you Packerrats.com! I'll make a fucking post whenever I fucking want to! Tell me I can't make an edit so soon? Go fuck your mamma!

MadtownPacker
04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Fuck you Packerrats.com! I'll make a fucking post whenever I fucking want to! Tell me I can't make an edit so soon? Go fuck your mamma!The forum made you it's bitch for 15 seconds. :lol:

Zool
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Fake

Brando19
04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
The show is fake...everything about it is fake.