PDA

View Full Version : Ricky of the North

Harlan Huckleby
05-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I found it interesting that Ricky Williams signed-up to play a CFL season in Toronto. Rick Spielman, gm discussed in other thread, said on TV that there was zero chance that Williams would play in CFL because of risk of injury. Miami would not allow him to play, or at least would force him to forfeit all his guaranteed money if he got hurt.

Spielman's argument made a lot of sense, not sure how this deal happened.

But here is the BIZARRE news: you know how much Williams is being paid for one season? $250,000. And that makes him the highest paid running back in the league!!

I am shocked that salaries are so low up there. I mean, I expected them to be under a million, but jeez.... most of those guys must be making 50K. CFL has TV contracts.

And how the hell can Ricky Williams risk a career still worth millions to play for so little money? Why?

GoPackGo
05-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Ricky Williams is behind on his child support payments for three children with three different women.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-30-2006, 05:24 PM
And how the hell can Ricky Williams risk a career still worth millions to play for so little money? Why?

250K buys you plenty of Mary Jane. That and Canada's lax marijuana law make the CFL a paradise for a hippy like Williams.

Football, weed, French Canadian women....O Canada!

KYPack
05-30-2006, 05:57 PM
The NFL will test Williams for drugs 10 times during the season.

Toronto is a rockin' city, I don't look for him to ever be an effective player in the NFL again.

beakerman
05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Every time i here of Williams latest blunder, i just think of the picture of Ditka smoking the stogee with his hands behind his head, as he had just traded all his draft picks away to move up and draft him... OH that silly Ditka....

Guiness
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
You're right HH - a lot of guys making ~$50K in the CFL. Many guys have an offseason job.

I know a couple of guys who quit because they had promising careers outside of football that paid them more.

b bulldog
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
The Cos is way cool!