PDA

View Full Version : Dollars, Pennies, Gold, and Why we need a constitutionalist!

Partial
04-05-2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NfXk7Bvc8

Very good 5 minute video on the YD.

Harlan Huckleby
04-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Why don't more economists advocate putting us back on the gold standard?

are they dumb? part of conspiracy?

I don't know how monetary policy works well enough to comment, but I do know that many cult-like, whacky political groups have advocated the gold standard. I think Lyndon Laroush was big on this. I assume it is snake oil or more economists would be behind it.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM
What ever happened to the tariff? That seemed to work well.

3irty1
04-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Most of my money is backed by gold. www.egold.com

3irty1
04-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I think I read a digg a couple days ago about a dude who found a great way of seperating zinc and copper pennies and he was melting down the old ones for a profit and selling the zinc ones back into circulation.

Harlan Huckleby
04-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I think I read a digg a couple days ago about a dude who found a great way of seperating zinc and copper pennies and he was melting down the old ones for a profit and selling the zinc ones back into circulation.

i suspect his new business is making license plates.

Partial
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Most of my money is backed by gold. www.egold.com

I think i'd have twice as much money as I do if I had owned gold instead of dollars over the past few years.

3irty1
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM

i suspect his new business is making license plates.

They told him to stop doing pennies but I guess he's still doing nickles as a nickle has like 12 cents in metal in it. I thought it was illegal to destroy money but I guess theres a loophole or something.

Harlan Huckleby
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
They told him to stop doing pennies

Did they say the magic word, "please"?

I thought it was illegal to destroy money but I guess theres a loophole or something.

I suspect the loophole is that the story is a hoax.

the_idle_threat
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I thought it was illegal to destroy money but I guess theres a loophole or something.

I suspect the loophole is that the story is a hoax.

I suspect this is correct.