PDA

View Full Version : Video Games (yes, Harlan, couch potato talk)

twoseven
04-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm bored, what are people out there playing on their 360, PS3, or Wii these days, any show stoppers? I keep waiting for the next great game but each week brings subpar talent when I scan the reviews. It may be the next Grand Theft Auto that gets me to fork over the funds. Any opinions? Harlan?

http://images.art.com/images/-/Video-Games--C11751589.jpeg

twoseven
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.twingalaxies.com/images/generalinfo/Mcvey_day.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-07-2008, 12:45 PM
i play that Solitaire game that comes with Windows.

Zool
04-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Gears of War 2 is coming soon. The first one was great. God of War is really good too.

Heavenly Sword is a perfect rental title. About 8 total hours of button mashing goodness.

Partial
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Nerds.

twoseven
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Nerds.
You kidding me? The champion Nibbler should be you! Besides, what should I do with my money, save for retirement at 45?

twoseven
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Gears of War 2 is coming soon. The first one was great. God of War is really good too.

Heavenly Sword is a perfect rental title. About 8 total hours of button mashing goodness.
Gears 2, yep, slam dunk.

God of War sequel ramped up for PS3 may be what finally gets me to pick up that console. Too many titles come out for 360 and PS3, still waiting for PS3 only dynamo.

red
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
call of duty 4 on the 360

i'm waiting for the next good game too, right now nothing excites me

Partial
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Any of you guys play COD4 or CS:S?

I'm starting to get back into PC games a bit. Anyone have any other suggestions for games that I should check out?

twoseven
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM

Heard it was very good, but solo campaign a bit short. I don't have access to X-Box live, so many games that are best because of online play pass me by. Crap.

Zool
04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Any of you guys play COD4 or CS:S?

I'm starting to get back into PC games a bit. Anyone have any other suggestions for games that I should check out?

Source is garbage IMO. If I wanted an easy mode shooter I'd play any of the Quake series after part 1.

twoseven
04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Try the Orange Box, Partial, five or six Half-life games in one box for under $60. Decent games and fiscally responsible.

red
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Heard it was very good, but solo campaign a bit short. I don't have access to X-Box live, so many games that are best because of online play pass me by. Crap.

yeah, single player is short, but very good

you can rent it and beat it in a couple days

well worth it

partial, crysis or whatever its called is suppose to be very good, but your computer has to be stacked to play it

BallHawk
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
If you're in to MGS or want to get into it for Guns of the Patriots, pick up the Essential Collection. It's $30 and you get the first 3 MGS games. Definitely worth it.

GTA is coming out soon.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is coming out in early June.

gex
04-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Go to the video store and rent Lagacy of Kain/Soulreaver series, pretty cool story and decent graphics. Try X-men legends 2 also. Yea these are old :oops: but maybe you overelooked them.

twoseven
04-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Go to the video store and rent Lagacy of Kain/Soulreaver series, pretty cool story and decent graphics. Try X-men legends 2 also. Yea these are old :oops: but maybe you overelooked them.
Gotta be Xbox360 and score an 8.8/10 or above at the Gamespot.com review site, I don't play that often so when I buy a game it's gotta be one of the best reviewed.

Charles Woodson
04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
For Xbox360-I would highly recomend COD4, probably one of the most addicting online games ive played in a while, without live, i wouldnt recomend it tho, but live is pretty cheap, (found a 13 month card for 39 bucks)
Rockband is expensive, but i love those type of games...Halos campaign mode was pretty good...Never got into gears of war 1 but, may try GW2
I also have a WII and if i have friends over thats what we play----the new super smash bros is really awesome, mario and sonic olympics was pretty fun, One of my altime favorite RPG's is called Tales of Symphonia made for the Game cube, and theres a sequal coming out for the wii, and also another version of the game coming out for the 360...

BallHawk
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Play Kingdom Hearts.

I don't give a damn if it has Disney characters it's a lot of damn fun. Great music and story.

Play Final Fantasy, too.

red
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
FF has gotten too linear for me, they should have quit with 7, its all down hill from there

mass effect is actually a pretty good game, and long

Partial
04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
FF3 is my favorite video game ever. I've never played 7 but I hear its good as well. I didn't realize they still made those games.

falco
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
FF3 is my favorite video game ever. I've never played 7 but I hear its good as well. I didn't realize they still made those games.

I haven't played anything past FF3, but I gotta tell ya, FF2 is way better than 3...but you have to play the japanese version (FFIV) a/k/a hardtype, its much better.

FF2 is to FF3 as Baldurs Gate 1 is to Baldurs Gate 2.... just because its bigger doesn't mean its better.

red
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM

2 and 3 were both good, but 7 might be the best game ever. it was just perfect

10 and the new one 12 were also good, but not close to 7 imo

dragon warrior, and DW 2 and 3 were the games that got me hooked. i got dragon warrior for free when i subscribed to nintendo power when i bought the original nes. i think FF was a rip off originally of dragon warrior(dragon quest in japan)

Partial
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM

I haven't played anything past FF3, but I gotta tell ya, FF2 is way better than 3...but you have to play the japanese version (FFIV) a/k/a hardtype, its much better.

FF2 is to FF3 as Baldurs Gate 1 is to Baldurs Gate 2.... just because its bigger doesn't mean its better.

I don't know man, Kefka is the most bad ass boss ever, and Sabin is the most bad ass dude ever.

red
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM

I don't know man, Kefka is the most bad ass boss ever, and Sabin is the most bad ass dude ever.

thats where you're wrong, Sephiroth was the most bad assed boss ever. from FFVII

BallHawk
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Sephiroth is a badass.

BallHawk
04-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Final Fantasy- Robot Chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxj0kQuayAw

3irty1
04-07-2008, 10:07 PM

well worth it

partial, crysis or whatever its called is suppose to be very good, but your computer has to be stacked to play it

I got a look at that Crysis game. It will laugh at any video card you throw at it.

red
04-07-2008, 10:11 PM

well worth it

I got a look at that Crysis game. It will laugh at any video card you throw at it.

no kidding

i'd love to try it, but i'm not dropping a few hundred bucks for a new card just so i can play one game

3irty1
04-07-2008, 11:30 PM
At work we built a monster rig with two Athlon X2s and two 8800 GTSs in SLI and we still couldn't max it out.

twoseven
04-08-2008, 03:46 AM

Ahhh, the Baldur's Gate series, loved it. Make way for Boo.

Anyone that hasn't treated themselves to Morrowind and/or Oblivion for the 360/PS3 should have their head examined.

Mass Effect, heard this one was pretty good.

I touted Bioshock numerous times the last go round of video game talk here, easily in my top five of all time.

Zool
04-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Go for the eyes boo

GO FOR THE EYES!

Charles Woodson
04-08-2008, 08:35 PM

Ahhh, the Baldur's Gate series, loved it. Make way for Boo.

Anyone that hasn't treated themselves to Morrowind and/or Oblivion for the 360/PS3 should have their head examined.

Mass Effect, heard this one was pretty good.

I touted Bioshock numerous times the last go round of video game talk here, easily in my top five of all time.
Mass effect was a good game, pretty long about 50 or so hours, (but thats if you do almost everything) If you ever played Knights of the old republic, its that same format

Freak Out
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I fucking loved the Baldurs gate games on the PC. I have Oblivion for the PC but have not delved into it to much as of yet.

falco
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I fucking loved the Baldurs gate games on the PC. I have Oblivion for the PC but have not delved into it to much as of yet.

the only game that may beat out the original baldurs gate is the original pool of radiance gold box game circa 1988... first time i beat it was in CGA 4 colors...I remember when we got a better computer, I got to play in EGA....that was pure beauty

i still dig it out every couple years and play it again

SkinBasket
04-08-2008, 09:58 PM

Oblivion is a bit of a letdown. The world is so open, yet the equipment sets are highly limited. I love collecting and customization in games like this. It's what's made Diablo II, Disgaea, Final Fantasy X, and similar titles such timeless experiences. After a couple dozen hours in Oblivion, you can make your character practically invincible via chameleon equipment and spells and from there on it's pretty bland without an assortment of unique shit to go after.

Despite that, I'm thinking of finding the old Fallout games before Fallout 3 comes out later this year.

MadtownPacker
04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Damn, you vatos must get laid often. :lol:

falco
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM

Oblivion is a bit of a letdown. The world is so open, yet the equipment sets are highly limited. I love collecting and customization in games like this. It's what's made Diablo II, Disgaea, Final Fantasy X, and similar titles such timeless experiences. After a couple dozen hours in Oblivion, you can make your character practically invincible via chameleon equipment and spells and from there on it's pretty bland without an assortment of unique shit to go after.

Despite that, I'm thinking of finding the old Fallout games before Fallout 3 comes out later this year.

you shouldn't have too much of a problem - for a long time they were in the $5 rack at Walmart.

do yourself a favor though, and include Fallout Tactics. its the best of the series - and yes I'm aware that its a different kind of game. If you enjoyed the Jagged Alliance series at all, you'll love FOT.

SkinBasket
04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
do yourself a favor though, and include Fallout Tactics. its the best of the series - and yes I'm aware that its a different kind of game. If you enjoyed the Jagged Alliance series at all, you'll love FOT.

I don't even know what Jagged Alliance is. I haven't typically been into PC gaming. I think the last PC game I paid for was the original Quake. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics though.

twoseven
04-09-2008, 05:21 AM

Very true, no console can hold a candle to what a PC will offer in this genre.

The controllers these days can handle so many fucntions, wonder why more games like the Baldur's and Diablos can't make the jump to the 360/PS3. Not enough power to handle all that action, or not enough love for the D&D junkies to make the effort, or maybe I am just not looking in the right direction? You would think it's just a matter of time before they can take an Oblivion and ramp it up. I imagine battles that allow for your small army to be strewn out across the land fighting while you run from one melee to another in first person shooter mode, versus nothing but your solo action, much like the end of Oblivion. If Halo, Rainbow Six, Call Of Duty's out there can pull this off, why not an Oblivion?

Viking sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

SkinBasket
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Uwe Boll Responds To Million Man Petition: "Look, I'm Not A Fucking Retard"

http://kotaku.com/377605/uwe-boll-responds-to-million-man-petition-look-im-not-a-fucking-retard

Yes, we've definitely heard all about Uwe Boll's claim that if a million concerned gamers were to band together, say via internet petition, he'd stop making movies. You can throttle bak on the tips, Turbo. While no one at the Kotaku Towers complex believes that Uwe will give up the movie biz for a second, it doesn't seem to have curbed enthusiasm for an internet rallying cry. How does Mr. Boll respond?

In shattered English, Boll says he hopes that someone, somewhere will start a pro-Uwe petition. Why? Here's why.

"I'm not a fucking retard like Michael Bay or other people running around in the business or Eli Roth making the same shitty movies over and over again," says Boll. "If you really look at my movies you will see my real genius you know, and if you go on May 23 on Postal you will see that I deliver a movie what nobody else delivered in the last 10 years, what is way better as all that social critic George Clooney bullshit what you get every fucking weekend."

Pretty infallible, but if it's not clear yet, Boll clearly illustrates that you're at fault, not him. "You have to really wake up and you have to see me what I am," he says. "I am the only genius in the whole fucking business. Goodbye."

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
a million concerned gamers were to band together

glad i didn't give up on this thread.

Freak Out
04-09-2008, 05:04 PM

the only game that may beat out the original baldurs gate is the original pool of radiance gold box game circa 1988... first time i beat it was in CGA 4 colors...I remember when we got a better computer, I got to play in EGA....that was pure beauty

i still dig it out every couple years and play it again

I loved most of the DD stuff...I think SSI made the Pool of Radiance games which were loads of fun. There was one that i think ended the line...Menzoberranzan..the city of the Drow. What a pile...I will never forget the character creation sequence...so over blown and dramatic my brother and I were just rolling.....and the gameplay sucked.

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Does Rock Band Count?

Brando19
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Do not buy Lost for PS3. I love Turok, NCAA, and Madden for PS3. Grand Theft Auto will be my next purchase for sure.

red
04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Does Rock Band Count?

no, thats not a real games. its for sissies

j/k never played it, i did own guitar hero, but hated it

its really nothing like playing the real thing. in fact its so not like the real thing that it messes you up on the real thing. the timing is all wrong, the fretting is a joke. its just pathetic if you really know how to play

red
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Do not buy Lost for PS3. I love Turok, NCAA, and Madden for PS3. Grand Theft Auto will be my next purchase for sure.

is lost worth a rent? i love the show

GBRulz
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Does Rock Band Count?

no, thats not a real games. its for sissies

j/k never played it, i did own guitar hero, but hated it

its really nothing like playing the real thing. in fact its so not like the real thing that it messes you up on the real thing. the timing is all wrong, the fretting is a joke. its just pathetic if you really know how to play

Well, I don't know how to play, so I like it! :lol:

Zool
04-10-2008, 01:43 PM
RockBand>everything else

I downloaded a couple song packs lastnight. That Metallica pack is a bitch on Hard difficulty.

twoseven
04-10-2008, 03:07 PM
RockBand>everything else

I downloaded a couple song packs lastnight. That Metallica pack is a bitch on Hard difficulty.
Dowloading bastages..

My township has no agreement with any high speed providers, so no chance to plug into anything and download material for Xbox live. I use Verizon wireless for my high speed, but unless someone can tell me how to get into Xbox Live with it I'll continue to curse you people getting all the goods.

Hey you can download the Velvet Revolver pack for GH3, oh sorry...

Hey that Puzzle Quest: Warlords looks fun... oh it's a download.

Brando19
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM

NO NO NO! It's terrible. It's a lame game with a made up character and you just go through the island on a one way trail (you can't really look around the island on your own any) doing missions such as...Find Hurley and talk to him, or re-route the gas leak on the crashed plane. It's a waste of what could have been a great game.

Little Whiskey
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
check out this websit for some old games. I've downloaded the original settlers (serfcity) since i had it back in the day. they don't make em like they used to. FYI, bretsky they even have some porn games on here too.

www.download-full-games.com

red
04-10-2008, 06:49 PM

NO NO NO! It's terrible. It's a lame game with a made up character and you just go through the island on a one way trail (you can't really look around the island on your own any) doing missions such as...Find Hurley and talk to him, or re-route the gas leak on the crashed plane. It's a waste of what could have been a great game.

too late, i just rented it a few hours ago, i'm playing it now

RashanGary
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I recently started playing World of Warcraft. I've called into work 3 times in the last month. I don't think I've missed a day of work in over 2 years until now. I've gained 10 lbs. I don't sleep very good. It's OK though, I can quit any time. I just choose to continue playing because I like it.

It's a really good time. It's acctually a lot more enjoyable than real life. There are some cool girls on there too.

BallHawk
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I recently started playing World of Warcraft. I've called into work 3 times in the last month. I don't think I've missed a day of work in over 2 years until now. I've gained 10 lbs. I don't sleep very good. It's OK though, I can quit any time. I just choose to continue playing because I like it.

It's a really good time. It's acctually a lot more enjoyable than real life. There are some cool girls on there too.

I don't know if this is an in-jest joke or you are actually serious.

GBRulz
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
RockBand>everything else

Vasoline is a bitch on hard !

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
NERDS!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I used to be into video games, but it's hard to get web surfing, fantasy sports, and video games all in with a wife and young child. I don't have any time for family and friends anymore--except when I email them. What a sad existence.

Freak Out
04-10-2008, 11:06 PM

Server?

red
04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
holy hell, i already beat lost. that took like 4 hours

i'm glad i only spent $3.50 on it and not $60

falco
04-11-2008, 09:00 AM
NERDS!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I used to be into video games, but it's hard to get web surfing, fantasy sports, and video games all in with a wife and young child. I don't have any time for family and friends anymore--except when I email them. What a sad existence.

thats where I'm at too Harv...haven't really played a video game in a few years, between work, family, and other obligations. keep telling myself I'll have time one of these days, but I'm pretty sure thats not happening... especially with a young one on the way.

Zool
04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Vasoline is a bitch on hard !

Either Skin didnt read this post, or he's getting slow in his old age.

Tried out some songs on expert drums last night. Blitzkreig Bop is fast as hell. Maps has a really cool drum beat too. I think I have it down.

SkinBasket
04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
oH, I saw it, but I figured it kind of stood on it's own. There really wasn't much more you could add to it.

SkinBasket
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

For anyone who is interested in using their SIXAXIS for playing games on their PC.

the_idle_threat
04-17-2008, 11:56 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/japanesecat3601.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-18-2008, 12:11 AM
you probably think that's cute. but what does a mouse see? A high tech enabled killing machine.

GrnBay007
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
you probably think that's cute. but what does a mouse see? A high tech enabled killing machine.

Sounds like you are jealous it wasn't a dog in the pic. :D

Harlan Huckleby
04-18-2008, 12:38 AM
oh no, I'm not a speciesist. Jesus loves all the little animals of the world.

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.n4g.com/News-139741.aspx

Hookers in GTA. Especially for Harlan.

Zool
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Just an addendum to Skins post. NSFW

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I kinda thought the hookers mention would tip people off, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

Zool
04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Hookers in the name is one thing. A hooker on the dude in the car saying "grab my titties bitch" is a whole nother.

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Hookers in the name is one thing. A hooker on the dude in the car saying "grab my titties bitch" is a whole nother.

No kiddin? I guess I didn't have the volume up enough to catch that one.

Zool
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM

I paraphrased, but thats pretty close. Its right near the end.

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM

I paraphrased, but thats pretty close. Its right near the end.

Fuck it, I'm just going to go buy the game. You just made up my mind right there.

Zool
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
12:00 tonight. I didnt pre-order, but I'll prolly go get it at lunch tomorrow.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 04:01 PM
What do you all know about emulator downloads for the computer?

Bossman641
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm trying to pick up GTA at midnight. Game looks sick.

red
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM

what, like how they're illegal? unless you own the system and games?

i've only ever tried the nes and snes ones. i could never get the others to work

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 08:40 PM

They're nice. Very nice. Let me show you.

Zool
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
MAME is awesome. I was playing Track and Field and Bubble Bobble just the other day on my xBox.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM

what, like how they're illegal? unless you own the system and games?

i've only ever tried the nes and snes ones. i could never get the others to work

Stop hating on illegal activities.

SkinBasket
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
MAME should NOT be considered illegal to all of us older dorks who spent literally hundreds of dollars in the arcade as kids. Plus it comes with those Japanese line games where you get to see boobies..

Zool
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
I never had the chance to play all the way through Super Mario World until i had the emu's on my xBox. Super Metroid is really good too.

SkinBasket
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Just got my first blowjob in GTA. Picked her up at the bus depot under the freeway then drove around the corner behind some tanker trucks for some privacy. She was kinda chubby, and it was kinda pricey at $50, but I just had to beat up a couple more bums over by the airport to recover the fee.

Freak Out
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Just got my first blowjob in GTA. Picked her up at the bus depot under the freeway then drove around the corner behind some tanker trucks for some privacy. She was kinda chubby, and it was kinda pricey at $50, but I just had to beat up a couple more bums over by the airport to recover the fee.

You are actually able to do this in a game? The one I saw advertised on the NY Times website? Fuck ya.

SkinBasket
04-29-2008, 04:51 PM
You are actually able to do this in a game? The one I saw advertised on the NY Times website? Fuck ya.

Check the link on the previous page for video of the different service available from the lovely ladies of the night.

GTA's been hooking gamers up with hookers for years. Used to be they would just hop in the car and the car would rock faster and faster until she got out again. Of course, you were almost obligated to then run the hooker over and recover your cash, but now that they have animations, I would feel so dirty. I'm sure a couple drinks will cure me of that.

red
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
well, i went and bought it today

red
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
well, i'm about 2 hours into the game, and i haven't even found any hoes to get some action from

SkinBasket
04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Look for the fatties. At night.

twoseven
04-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Gamespot gives GTA 4 a perfect 10.0 out of 10, never happened before, games dating back to 2004 haven't scored higher than 9.6.

I'll have to convince the kids that daddy's taking out 'monsters' and 'robots' again..(yep, got a BJ from two monsters and a robot this afternoon)..daughter yelling out 'shoot em' in the head' as she watched whilest I was playing Bioshock oughta make the jobs in GTA 4 real interesting..

red
04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Gamespot gives GTA 4 a perfect 10.0 out of 10, never happened before, games dating back to 2004 haven't scored higher than 9.6.

I'll have to convince the kids that daddy's taking out 'monsters' and 'robots' again..(yep, got a BJ from two monsters and a robot this afternoon)..daughter yelling out 'shoot em' in the head' as she watched whilest I was playing Bioshock oughta make the jobs in GTA 4 real interesting..

lol, yeah, good luck with trying to explain why the monsters look just like people

yeah i finally found a nice looking hooker, and not just some fatty. fun times

is it just me, or does the soundtrack really suck compared to previous versions?

SkinBasket
05-11-2008, 09:29 PM
What's with these xbox controllers? Do you have to buy something special to charge them?

BallHawk
05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
What's with these xbox controllers? Do you have to buy something special to charge them?

Just use AA Batteries or the recharge kit.

BallHawk
05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Any computer gamers gonna be playing Age of Conan?

red
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
What's with these xbox controllers? Do you have to buy something special to charge them?what do you mean?

the regular wireless? no yoou don't have to. they come with a cord that you use to charge it with when its low. i just turns it into a wired controler when its charging

however, you can buy a separate charger so you can charge one batter while using the other so you never have to wire up

Zool
05-12-2008, 07:49 AM

I got in on the beta. Its very different. Havent formed an opinion yet.

BallHawk
05-12-2008, 11:03 AM

Care to elaborate?

Zool
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Care to elaborate?

You never auto attack. You have a left, center and right attack. There's some button mashing involved. Not at all what I expected.

Freak Out
05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
This is the one I'm waiting for...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2008/05/15/Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed-Preview/p1

red
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2008/05/15/Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed-Preview/p1

shit yeah, i can't wait either

i loved the kotor games

Freak Out
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM

i loved the kotor games

I've been a huge fan of most of the Star Wars games...although the last KOTOR was pretty lame. I read somewhere that the developer (??) went back in and revised it quite a bit but have been unable to find that version.

red
05-15-2008, 07:25 PM
have you played the lego star wars games?

those are a trip

MJZiggy
05-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I like when someone gets killed and they explode into a pile of lego bricks.

Charles Woodson
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM

i loved the kotor games

I've been a huge fan of most of the Star Wars games...although the last KOTOR was pretty lame. I read somewhere that the developer (??) went back in and revised it quite a bit but have been unable to find that version.

I love both of those games, and the next one that comes out looks just as sick

red
05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I like when someone gets killed and they explode into a pile of lego bricks.

yup, and how they add a whole goofy twist to the stories

just a cool premise for a game for all ages

Freak Out
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Has anyone got Age of Conan yet?

Zool
06-11-2008, 09:42 PM

My initial an current reaction is meh. Other than the unique attack system, it feels very much done before.

Freak Out
06-11-2008, 09:59 PM

My initial an current reaction is meh. Other than the unique attack system, it feels very much done before.

Thats the impression I've gotten from most of the reviews I've seen as well.

twoseven
06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Grand Theft Auto players:

so what is your opinion so far if you're into the new one, as compared to past three versions, that is?

Am buying it off a friend used tomorrow, will lock the kids in their rooms and play for awhile this wkd i think.

red
06-13-2008, 05:37 PM

so what is your opinion so far if you're into the new one, as compared to past three versions, that is?

Am buying it off a friend used tomorrow, will lock the kids in their rooms and play for awhile this wkd i think.

you know, it was fun for awhile. but like the others i got bored after like 20 or 30 hours. there really isn't that much to do on your own other then drive around, when you aren't working on the story

and the guys voice really annoyed me. heres a tuff russian killer, and he sounds like yakoff smirnoff

twoseven
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM

you know, it was fun for awhile. but like the others i got bored after like 20 or 30 hours. there really isn't that much to do on your own other then drive around, when you aren't working on the story

and the guys voice really annoyed me. heres a tuff russian killer, and he sounds like yakoff smirnoff
Aren't there a ton of seperate achievements to go after?

Stunt jumps, shooting birds (i've heard), crap to look for?

red
06-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Aren't there a ton of seperate achievements to go after?

Stunt jumps, shooting birds (i've heard), crap to look for?

yeah there is, but i get bored with those

i don't know, i haven't played it in a month or two, and i don't miss it

but i'm pretty sure i'm in the minority, so i wouldn't let me discourage you too much

i just bought fifa 08, i'll be wasting my weekend playing that

twoseven
06-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4 has been great. Took a little to get used to some changes but am into it now. Working the prostitutes then killing them to get my money back. Killed three Hasidic gentlemen, took their money and escaped a 5 star police onslaught, punks, couldn't handle me in the GTO on the getaway.

On a seperate note, finally got the Wii and the Wii Fit today. Pretty cool. Shit, wife even knocked me out in the boxing..was throwin' her a beatin' and then laid up to let her get some in and she put me away. That's the last time I lay light. It's 1988 Mike Tyson on her next time out. Playing around with the sports pack, hell, you get a nice little workout in the living room. Haven't cracked open the Fit board yet, gotta feeling it'll make you asscrack-sweaty in no time.

Freak Out
06-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4 has been great. Took a little to get used to some changes but am into it now. Working the prostitutes then killing them to get my money back.

If I remember correctly you could kill strippers in Duke Nukem? But I think they turned out to be aliens anyway. Damn its been a long time since Duke.

Zool
06-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Its about damned time this game came out. I've been beating the pavement outside Best Buy for weeks. Sega's ad guy is a master at baiting you into buying things.....is that enough?

http://i29.tinypic.com/oielo8.jpg

SkinBasket
06-30-2008, 09:19 AM
I got one of these xbox360 things. Is there anything I should know about it? Does it do any cool tricks?

I mean other than sounding like a jet plane about to fire down the runway for lift-off. No way this thing lasts 3 years sounding like this.

Zool
06-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Make it blow up Skinner. MS extended the warranty on all 360's to like 2 years. Cook that thing and get one of the new released ones. They are about 1/2 the volume and run much cooler.

GoPackGo
06-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Did anyboby play Red Alert 2? Red Alert 3 is coming out later this year and I am stoked about it.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/5/914165_27268_front.jpg

Freak Out
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Diablo.........

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080630-eight-years-in-the-making-blizzard-unveils-diablo-iii.html

SkinBasket
06-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Diablo.........

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080630-eight-years-in-the-making-blizzard-unveils-diablo-iii.html

I see a new computer in my future right about the time this comes out...

Zool
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Diablo.........

I see a new computer in my future right about the time this comes out...

Should be about 2 years. StarCraft is still about a year out.

twoseven
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Did anyboby play Red Alert 2? Red Alert 3 is coming out later this year and I am stoked about it.

I lived for all those titles. Still fire up the CnC generals from time to time, gotta love the GLA and their slave labor, it's like a neverending supply of madtowns with middle eastern accents. They even complain the same way: 'My feet hurt, I'm hungry, Ok Ok I work, I could use some new shoes.' Between that and Yuri's slaves, ahh paradise. :D

http://img11.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/e/2/8/1/e/e281ec72c449bbd7c7395ed14865cce7_full.jpg
Give your mind to me..

GoPackGo
06-30-2008, 04:20 PM

I lived for all those titles. Still fire up the CnC generals from time to time, gotta love the GLA and their slave labor, it's like a neverending supply of madtowns with middle eastern accents. They even complain the same way: 'My feet hurt, I'm hungry, Ok Ok I work, I could use some new shoes.' Between that and Yuri's slaves, ahh paradise. :D

http://img11.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/e/2/8/1/e/e281ec72c449bbd7c7395ed14865cce7_full.jpg
Give your mind to me..

Awesome! I'm not a huge fan of the other command and conquer titles though. They screwed up when they made the graphics the priority over the gameplay. Generals was a huge dissapointment for me. Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge expansion is the best game I've ever played on a PC. Red Alert 3 is going to be more of the same goodness

twoseven
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I'll take whatever. CnC Tiberium Sun was the only blowjob of the bunch. I feel confident CC3 will be the shit.

SkinBasket
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I played the original CnC back in college - when having "real" video in a game was fucking cutting edge. I don't know why though. I have a very high level of disdain for these resource collecting/unit building/base attacking RTS games. They make me anxious even though nothing fun happens for hours. Herzog Zwei was the only RTS I could ever get behind. None of these fictitious cult governments. Just Red versus Blue.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/42/Herzog_Zwei_2player.png/251px-Herzog_Zwei_2player.png

twoseven
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Commie. You'll build and harvest and you'll like it.

Your 360 shouldn't be making noise.

GoPackGo
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
I played the original CnC back in college - when having "real" video in a game was fucking cutting edge.

red alert 2 is a huge jump from the game you played! This do nothing for hours you speak of doesn't exist in this game. Red Alert 2=game of the decade

twoseven
06-30-2008, 05:20 PM
I concur. You can blitz someone's ass pretty damn quick if you know what you are doing. I had friends that used to school me even though I though I was fast. They'd have tons of crap built in no time and massive squads just waiting to crush me. Hell, I'd hijack an opponent right off the bat in Yuri if the placement was right.

twoseven
07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I guess I would assume viewing a RA3 trailer has already happened, but if not..
http://www.gamespot.com/video/944928/6191316/command--conquer-red-alert-3-official-trailer-1

Looks pretty sweet. Old format with better graphics. WTF, some kind of twisted black hole action sucking your forces into nothingness at the end of the clip?

twoseven
07-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Here's one for the Diablo 3 crowd. 19+ minutes of gameplay demonstration, complete with narration from a chunky nerd (I assume).

http://www.gamespot.com/video/930659/6193136/diablo-iii-live-demonstration

Looks good, sounds even better. You even hear nerds in the audience creaming themselves in approval.

Zool
07-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Here's one for the Diablo 3 crowd. 19+ minutes of gameplay demonstration, complete with narration from a chunky nerd (I assume).

http://www.gamespot.com/video/930659/6193136/diablo-iii-live-demonstration

Looks good, sounds even better. You even hear nerds in the audience creaming themselves in approval.

Says the guy waiting for the 9th installment of a game franchise.

twoseven
07-17-2008, 04:22 AM
Metal Gear for the PS3 got a 10/10 from Gamespot, anyone get a crack at this game yet?

Makers of Oblivion set to release Fallout 3 in the fall..supposed to grant the same wide world of freedom that Oblivion did, and your trusty dog is back at your side. This is one game I am excited to see.

SkinBasket
07-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Metal Gear for the PS3 got a 10/10 from Gamespot, anyone get a crack at this game yet?

Makers of Oblivion set to release Fallout 3 in the fall..supposed to grant the same wide world of freedom that Oblivion did, and your trusty dog is back at your side. This is one game I am excited to see.

I'm wary of MGS. The games have always scored very high, and I've always been underwhelmed by them. They've always looked very nice, and in theory played well, but never held my interest the way the original on NES did. I'll wait until it's one of those lower priced classics before I try it.

Fallout 3 is the kind of game I'll keep in the system for a year though.

Disgaea 3 is my crown jewel for the season though. I can't get enough of those NIS strategy games.

BallHawk
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Alright, this thread needs a bump with a helluva lot of great games coming out.

Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
LittleBigPlanet
Call of Duty: World at War

Going to be getting all of those. Fallout 3 drops on Tuesday and hopefully it lives up to expectations.

BallHawk
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Also, what happened to twoseven? Hasn't posted since July.

Zool
10-26-2008, 09:42 PM
FO2...saw a commercial today. If you pick it up at Circuit City, you get a game guide and a $10 gift card.

Little Big Planet drop shipped yesterday to most game boutiques. If you had a pre-order, its in early. The rest of the drop ships will be here late Monday, early Tuesday.

The Drum Rocker drums are set to be available for PS3 on Nov 27th.

SkinBasket
10-31-2008, 07:40 AM
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=383283&t=963209

For anyone looking at picking up any or all of those new games out this week. You have to fuck around (closing you browser, copy and pasting) but you end up with free shipping and $15.00 off LBP, FallOut3, Dead Space, BioShock, Fable 2, and others. Or you can get $10 off GH instead of the $10 gift card zool mentioned.

I got FO3 for $47 shipped.

Fosco33
11-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe I'm lame - but I like the Wii crossbow trainer game.

The Wii downloadable 'Pong Toss' is pretty sweet if you don't want to setup tables or buy balls for a tourney. The wrist motion is pretty accurate too - power is a little more touchy.

Charles Woodson
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Call of Duty World at War comes out on the 11... Ive been playing the beta pretty non stop and if you like WW2 type guns youll like this one

Any comments on how GH4 or Gears 2 is?

red
11-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Call of Duty World at War comes out on the 11... Ive been playing the beta pretty non stop and if you like WW2 type guns youll like this one

i can't wait for that one

i got my games all lined up for trade ins for it

Charles Woodson
11-09-2008, 05:09 PM

i can't wait for that one

i got my games all lined up for trade ins for it

You have a 360? cause you can download the beta free

red
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah, i might have to get that

i have to go get another gold card though

Charles Woodson
11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah, i might have to get that

i have to go get another gold card though
Oh gatcha, if you do you can add me, packer04

red
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
will do, i'm sure i will for sure when the real game comes out

i'm red storm 14

BallHawk
11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
While we are on the topic of exchanging GT's.....

Aku

Yeah, I'm three letters. Like the only one out there.

SkinBasket
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for not adding me when I asked you bunch of fucking queerbots.

Charles Woodson
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Aku

360?

Skin what do you play?

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 06:32 AM

Aku

360?

Skin what do you play?

Well, that was the caveat. I don't play the 360 online because I'm a cheap bastard. Anything I'm going to play online I get for the PS3. I was just tired of the 360 telling me I have no friends every time I boot it up. It was making me sad.

So I've been playing Too Human and I'm trying Fable 2 now. I've ordered Fallout 3 and GoW2 using the method I posted above, but won't be playing those til the new year I'm sure.

Zool
11-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Get little big planet ya anal fissure.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Get little big planet ya anal fissure.

I do have it. Just haven't been able to get at it. Is there a way to make more than one sackboy? My kid gets pissed if someone uses the one he dressed up, but I can't find a way to make more than one other than just saving their costume variations, and that's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Zool
11-10-2008, 08:09 AM
You need to make an additional system login. Whoever is logged into the PS3 is the default sack. Additional controllers get to then choose between the other available logins/sacks.

SkinBasket
11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
You need to make an additional system login. Whoever is logged into the PS3 is the default sack. Additional controllers get to then choose between the other available logins/sacks.

Well that's a bit of a pain in the ass considering the multiplayer nature of the fucking game. I haven't played one mutliplayer online game that hasn't lagged to the point of being unplayable.

Zool
11-10-2008, 08:22 AM

Well that's a bit of a pain in the ass considering the multiplayer nature of the fucking game. I haven't played one mutliplayer online game that hasn't lagged to the point of being unplayable.

After the initial push of the release, the online play isnt bad at all. Its way more fun to play in a group of people.

red
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
well i bought world at war and fallout 3 today

i played the first level of cod and then tried multiplayer. i've been sitting in the lobby waiting for it to put me in a game for almost 30 minutes. this is crap, cod 2 or 3 was the same way

Charles Woodson
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
well i bought world at war and fallout 3 today

i played the first level of cod and then tried multiplayer. i've been sitting in the lobby waiting for it to put me in a game for almost 30 minutes. this is crap, cod 2 or 3 was the same way
maybe you need to get better internet, i picked it up an hour ago and i get a match in a few seconds... But yea i like it, i just wish my 10+ hours logged on the beta werent gone forever :cry:

red
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
i'm in a free for all, i got in that right away

but i can't get in the boot camp or deathmatch

red
11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
well i suck ass

and i miss my mp5

Charles Woodson
11-11-2008, 09:21 PM
haha, yea the game play changed alot, its not as almost run and gun as COD4 was, the tanks are a lil ridiculous, but they did a good job in making them vulnerable... I really like the sub machine guns, and when you get to level 35 or so, you get a nasty machine gun

red
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
i hate the freaking dogs

Charles Woodson
11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
i hate the freaking dogs
just stab those mo fo's

SkinBasket
11-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Prison Inmate Escapes Jail Using Cardboard Box

http://snagwiremedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/prison-inmate-escapes-jail-cardboard-box-metal-gear-solid-snake-style-425x318.jpg

In true gamer fashion a Turkish man has escaped from a German prison Solid Snake style by making use of a cardboard box.

The man hid in the box at the end of a shift of his prison job of making stationery and was carried out by a courier service along with other boxes. The inmate then cut through a tarp in the truck and jumped out shortly after the vehicle left the prison grounds. The driver eventually noticed the tarp flapping in the wind and reported the cut to the police.

Beate Peters, the warden of the Willich prison presumes that the man had accomplices outside the prison, and a manhunt is underway throughout western Germany.

http://snagwiremedia.com/prison-inmate-escapes-jail-using/

SkinBasket
12-02-2008, 10:05 PM
harlan, this one's for you. I'm assuming this is how you imagine all of us who play video games. I don't blame you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTsey6TmBDk

RashanGary
12-03-2008, 07:35 AM

Best ever.

Saban, Edgar. . . . . That's all I can remember.