PDA

View Full Version : aquib talib= pot head

red
04-08-2008, 09:57 AM
one guy many mocks have us taking in the first has admitted to failing 3 drug tests in college

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/08/league-still-hasnt-plugged-combine-pot-leak/

POLISHHAWK
04-08-2008, 10:13 AM
He did, however, say it was used for medication. He has a problem that everyone knows about; he played FB in Kansas. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
04-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Little things like this sometimes cause good players to fall. I'd still rather have this guy than some less athletic Corners.

packers11
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Mario Manningham and Aqib Talib have reportedly been removed from "multiple teams'" draft boards due to alleged marijuana use in college.

Talib reportedly acknowledged at the Combine that he tested positive for pot three times at KU. Mario denied testing positive initially, then sent a letter to all 32 teams admitting he lied. Manningham claims he failed two drug tests at Michigan. Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, and Calvin Johnson were involved in a similar situation last year. Their draft stocks were not affected.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

twoseven
04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
This is the guy that supposedly can't play man coverage, based on that I wouldn't hope for him if the only pot he had was on his stove. Cason, baby, Cason..or JStew.

red
04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Mario Manningham and Aqib Talib have reportedly been removed from "multiple teams'" draft boards due to alleged marijuana use in college.

Talib reportedly acknowledged at the Combine that he tested positive for pot three times at KU. Mario denied testing positive initially, then sent a letter to all 32 teams admitting he lied. Manningham claims he failed two drug tests at Michigan. Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, and Calvin Johnson were involved in a similar situation last year. Their draft stocks were not affected.

the big difference between what happened with the guys last year, and the guys this year is that the guys last year admitted to the teams that they had tried pot. the two this year failed drug tests, multiple times

huge difference IMO

you have to be smoking the shit almost all the time to fail 3 tests

i'd take both of them off my board if i was a GM

guy fails 3 tests in the nfl and you lose him for a year

The Leaper
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I've got nothing against smoking a fatty on occasion.

Smoking enough fatties to fail multiple drug tests probably is a sign that you are a little too preoccupied with the leafy stuff.

Having this happen when you KNOW you will be under heavy scrutiny and that it could ruin your chance of cashing in on a major NFL contract smacks of the dumbass.

I wouldn't draft these guys on the first day...and they'd have to blow me away like they were Obama in a face-to-face interview before I would consider drafting them anywhere else.

red
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I've got nothing against smoking a fatty on occasion.

Smoking enough fatties to fail multiple drug tests probably is a sign that you are a little too preoccupied with the leafy stuff.

Having this happen when you KNOW you will be under heavy scrutiny and that it could ruin your chance of cashing in on a major NFL contract smacks of the dumbass.

I wouldn't draft these guys on the first day...and they'd have to blow me away like they were Obama in a face-to-face interview before I would consider drafting them anywhere else.

exactly right on leaper

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I could care less. Look at Madtown, he runs this forum perfectly while stone out of his mind.

red
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I could care less. Look at Madtown, he runs this forum perfectly while stone out of his mind.

just because he's mexican doesn't mean he he smokes pot

he probably just sells it

Zool
04-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi Red, welcome to the forum. This your first day?

Mad would give Smokey the Bear a coronary trying to put out all the fires he has going.

Gunakor
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Mad would give Smokey the Bear a coronary trying to put out all the fires he has going.

ROFL!!!

Brandon494
04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
He smoked weed in college? Are you serious? :roll:

Zool
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM

He's prolly the first one.

Pack-man
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM

He's prolly the first one.

Next thing someones gonna tell us he drank beer!

red
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
its not that he did it. its that he was stupid enough to continue to do it after already getting busted, not just once but twice before. and doing it when he knows he's going to get tested

obviously, he didn't care about being caught in college, if that happens in the pros, and he gets caught repeated times, then he's done

we waste a high pick and waste money, and get nothing in return

Pack-man
04-08-2008, 03:54 PM
its not that he did it. its that he was stupid enough to continue to do it after already getting busted, not just once but twice before. and doing it when he knows he's going to get tested

obviously, he didn't care about being caught in college, if that happens in the pros, and he gets caught repeated times, then he's done

Good point! I hope they stay away from this guy. Chances are he's not gonna stay away from the weed just cause he's turning pro.

twoseven
04-08-2008, 04:04 PM

I heard he got fired on his day off..

Freak Out
04-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Someone needs to change the name of this thread to reefer madness.

Guiness
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Good point! I hope they stay away from this guy. Chances are he's not gonna stay away from the weed just cause he's turning pro.

I'm going to agree with red here. He got caught, knew it had the potential to cost him millions of dollars, and kept it up. Tells me he's stupid. My company drug tests, and I knocked it off - and it would only cost me thousands of dollars.

But I @#$ hate these threads. Damn if I can ever come up with anything wrong with Mary Jane - and I've talked the point with many an OPP officer. Even they're of the opinion that the biggest problem is that it isn't taxable. But I digress.

Bretsky
04-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Sure; the CB I was pimping turns on me again. First Odell Thurman....then Robert Meachem......now this guy

Brandon494
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Im not sure who but didnt like 3 or 4 first round picks admit last year to smoking pot? I know Calvin Johnson was one of them.

MJZiggy
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Sure; the CB I was pimping turns on me again. First Odell Thurman....then Robert Meachem......now this guy

QUIT PIMPING CBs!! You're gonna trash the entire NFL you keep this up.

Fritz
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM

the big difference between what happened with the guys last year, and the guys this year is that the guys last year admitted to the teams that they had tried pot. the two this year failed drug tests, multiple times

huge difference IMO

you have to be smoking the shit almost all the time to fail 3 tests

i'd take both of them off my board if i was a GM

guy fails 3 tests in the nfl and you lose him for a year

This is different than my understanding. I thought a few huffs would seep into your fat cells and stay there for at least thirty days.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, smoking stuff means a guy can't run quite as well. That's bad. On the other hand, my sense is that people wouldn't freak out so much if some guy was found to be a regular drinker - say drinking four or five beers a day. Yet I think that's just as bad and in fact, to me, worse. I think smoking dope has a stigma attached that drinking doesn't, and that' just wrong. They are both addictive behaviors that can have strong negative effects. In my opinion, drinking is worse. But nobody seems to worried about how much these kids drink.

MadtownPacker
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I think Red is assuming the 3 test where not done within the same 30 days period and if so that means this guys blows dank on a regular basis. I dont have a prob with that at all but if the guy is risking millions then I have to worry about what his priorities are.

You make a great point about the drinking vs smokin thing Fritz. When was the last time you heard of a NFLer or anyone for that matter getting all crazy and crashing their car because they where stoned? Drinking makes people reckless and more likely to get in trouble IMO.

Gunakor
04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I think Red is assuming the 3 test where not done within the same 30 days period and if so that means this guys blows dank on a regular basis. I dont have a prob with that at all but if the guy is risking millions then I have to worry about what his priorities are.

You make a great point about the drinking vs smokin thing Fritz. When was the last time you heard of a NFLer or anyone for that matter getting all crazy and crashing their car because they where stoned? Drinking makes people reckless and more likely to get in trouble IMO.

Now, I have very mixed feelings as well. Rarely will a stoner go out and drive, or start fights, or behave irrationally. They just crash out on a sofa or futon or beanbag and watch tv. Regardless how the media portrays it, they are really of very little risk to leave the house and do something stupid. The greatest risk of a stoner is to himself/herself.

On the other hand, a person who has been drinking too much will much more often leave the house (or be out to begin with) and behave irrationally. They have far less control of themselves and are far more prone to doing stupid things. The greatest risk of a drunk is to those around him/her.

I'm sure that from the league's standpoint it boils down to the fact that one is legal and the other is not.

twoseven
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Are we more likely to draft a guy who's gotten 3 DWIs or 3 underaged comsumtpion tickets in college? .