PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre WILL RETURN... IF!!!

packers11
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Brett Favre told Biloxi Sun Herald writer and close friend Al Jones that he would consider returning to the Packers if they needed him due to injury.

"If that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed to do it... I'm sure mentally, I would be refreshed. I'd be away from it for a long time. But mentally vs. physically, the last thing I'd want to do is go up and it's 'Oh this is great and all that stuff and me be excited and then just flop," Favre said.

Source: Biloxi Sun Herald

packers11
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
K all your A-Rod haters... Take out your voodoo dolls :lol:

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I tell ya, he won't ever be able to let it go. I understand, when I left football, I still thought I could go out and play, entertained offers from semi-pro teams, and a couple of indoor teams. I thought it was great, that I physically could play, why not, then I realized what came with playing all the aches and pains, ice baths, and let me tell you, if you never sunk your self in a bathtub of 35 degree water, don't do it, its not fun.

DonHutson
04-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Um... maybe this is why they won't let you just be retired, Brett.

Here's a new phrase for your vocabulary: "Off the record."

You say it to a member of the media immediately before saying something that will make your life difficult if it goes public.

:roll:

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Basically he admits he still wants to play, but he doesn't want to have to do anything before hand. He doesn't want to study or train, he just wants to go out and play. Sorry Brett life doesn't work like that.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Um... maybe this is why they won't let you just be retired, Brett.

Exactly. Those comments just add flames to the fire. He likes the attention.

packinpatland
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Here's the entire article.

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/475495.html

Partial
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
<--- profit!

BallHawk
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Somebody is going to go Nancy Kerrigan on A-Rod.

Bretsky
04-08-2008, 06:34 PM

funny; I was going to post the same thing. AROD better watch out for some of the resident PR chicks in here.

packinpatland
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
"AROD better watch out for some of the resident PR chicks in here."

Don't lump us all together........there's only one that lives close enough to stalk him and whack him in a deserted parking lot. :lol:

gbgary
04-08-2008, 07:40 PM

no need. he'll probably tear, pull or break something during the first week of training camp. :lol:

MJZiggy
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
You people are evil. Funny, but evil. :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I really hate this stuff. Can someone tell them to stop with all the Brett Farve news? I am just getting over this all and trying to move on. Sure it would be exciting if he came back but please stop. For my sanity...please.

Pacopete4
04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
i know a lot of people are sick of favre.. but honestly how great is it that already, ALREADY its eating at him inside... its already starting to come out that he's second guessing himself big time.

yes, he keeps saying that he thinks his decision was for the best but these statements are coming out more and more now about his return..

Partial
04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Dude... It's Brett freaking Favre. The news will never end.

falco
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
i can just see this shit spiraling out of control this offseason

its gonna worse for everybody the closer we get to opening day

in particular mr favre

Brando19
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
GEEESH!!!!!!!! I want to move on...but the thought of Favre coming back to the Packers is so amazing. I would be pissed if he came back to another team, though. Is it terrible of me to hope ARod tears an ACL in the next few week? Eh...I don't wish pain on anyone. But IF he did...do you think Thompson would call Favre?

packers11
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
As much as I would love to have Favre back for one more year... Put yourself in Rodgers shoes right now... It must be so tough for him, and I hope everything works out for him because its going to be hard as hell trying to live up to a legend...

I just hope he can be above average because even if Favre comes back if A-Rod gets injured... THE PACKERS DO NEED A QB FOR THE FUTURE...

I will be more worried if A-Rod does indeed get injured because the media and fans will question if the kid can even stay healthy...

Brando19
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Here's more quotes from Favre's story. http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/04/08/more-favre-comments-on-retirement.aspx

Joemailman
04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
People are making too big a deal about this. Favre knows he can't just come back on a week's notice and play at the level expected of him. The only way this could happen would be if ARod suffered a season-ending injury in May or June. Still, this kind of story is a potential problem for Ted Thompson. Imagine the reaction if ARod does go down for the season and TT doesn't contact Favre

GrnBay007
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
People are making too big a deal about this. Favre knows he can't just come back on a week's notice and play at the level expected of him. The only way this could happen would be if ARod suffered a season-ending injury in May or June. Still, this kind of story is a potential problem for Ted Thompson. Imagine the reaction if ARod does go down for the season and TT doesn't contact Favre

He's (TT) probably already pulling little white hairs out of his head just reading the story.

BallHawk
04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
For the good of the team and the franchise, I hope Favre stays retired. At this point, this team needs to move on from the Favre era. Brett taking the bait from the media and putting forth these hypotheticals is tacky, IMO.

Favre needs to stick to his land and stay away from the media, as hard as that may be.

falco
04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
For the good of the team and the franchise, I hope Favre stays retired. At this point, this team needs to move on from the Favre era. Brett taking the bait from the media and putting forth these hypotheticals is tacky, IMO.

Favre needs to stick to his land and stay away from the media, as hard as that may be.

I agree - Favre made his choice and needs to stick with it... as much as I wanted him back this year, its too late for that now.

I don't believe there is anyway he can come back and not completely destabilize the organization...not to mention the fact that one has to question his motivation to play now.

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
<--- profit!

How did you profit?

MJZiggy
04-08-2008, 09:39 PM
<--- profit!

How did you profit?

He didn't. He just can't spell.

MadtownPacker
04-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I dont think any is any secret that Favre would still like to throw a football but he admitted that his desire to go through all the training and work isnt there. I dont see how he is saying anything different now.

Even if Favre hadn't said this the entire sports world will be thinking it if Rodgers goes down early.

falco
04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
<--- profit!

How did you profit?

i think its clear that Partial is a majority shareholder in the Biloxi Sun Herald.

packers11
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
A-Rod goes down in game 1... Favre saves the season , brings the packers to a Superbowl victory and then retires...

Fairy tail ending 8-)

GrnBay007
04-08-2008, 10:23 PM
A-Rod goes down in game 1... Favre saves the season , brings the packers to a Superbowl victory and then retires...

Fairy tail ending 8-)

I like it!! Perfect. :D

packers11
04-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I bet Donald Driver is getting excited... Don't get any bad ideas Driver... Leave Rodgers alone... :lol: :wink:

Pacopete4
04-08-2008, 11:11 PM
i wonder how many people have chirped in Favre's ear about returning already.. not to mention how many more times he will here it from now to about year 2012 haha

The Leaper
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
It is going to be insanely difficult for Favre when August rolls around. This guy has LIVED football 24-7 his entire life. No matter how much he loves his tractor, Favre is going to be stir crazy this fall.

Bossman641
04-09-2008, 08:48 AM

I agree - Favre made his choice and needs to stick with it... as much as I wanted him back this year, its too late for that now.

I don't believe there is anyway he can come back and not completely destabilize the organization...not to mention the fact that one has to question his motivation to play now.

Agreed.

Favre needs to stop taking the bait on these questions. I wish he would just answer "I'm retired" or something when asked about returning. Now if he wants to officially unretire and go through the process again, that's fine. I just think it's unfair to leave this hanging over Rodger's and the rest of the team's head.

3irty1
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Of course he'd love to stroll into Green Bay with no expectations and save the day.

Gunakor
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
GEEESH!!!!!!!! I want to move on...but the thought of Favre coming back to the Packers is so amazing. I would be pissed if he came back to another team, though. Is it terrible of me to hope ARod tears an ACL in the next few week? Eh...I don't wish pain on anyone. But IF he did...do you think Thompson would call Favre?

I think TT would call Favre, and I think Favre might consider it. I still don't think that it would happen. I don't think that after that much time off, without showing up for training camp or preseason, that Favre could get himself up for practice Tuesday through Saturday. I also don't think that Favre would get himself up to go play those December and January games at Lambeau anymore - he looked beyond miserable in the NFC Championship Game.

Partial
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
<--- profit!

How did you profit?

Correct.

DonHutson
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Favre needs to stop taking the bait on these questions. I wish he would just answer "I'm retired" or something when asked about returning.

He was never able to answer "I'm not retiring" when he wanted to play, why should he have a straight answer now?

I would've been thrilled to have Favre come back next year, but the time to shit or get off the pot has passed. He got off the pot. The last thing we need is a QB controversy with a guy who's not even on the roster.

I read somewhere else that the Packers don't know what to do with Favre's locker. They may just keep it open with his name on it. Combine that with this story. How the hell is Rodgers supposed to take over as the leader of the team when Brett's waiting by the phone, and his jersey is still hanging in his locker?

Everyone involved needs to turn the page.

the_idle_threat
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
The problem is he got off the pot but he's still full of shit. :idea:

Partial
04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
This is all an elaborate ploy to get away with missing TC. :shock: :P :oops: :whaa: :jig: :glug: :alc:

KYPack
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
This is all an elaborate ploy to get away with missing TC. :shock: :P :oops: :whaa: :jig: :glug: :alc:

Partial, gotta do a little man talkin' with ya.

I made some fun of you for saying Favre would come back if we needed him due to injury. I said he wouldn't. Now FAVRE says he might.

So, I guess I was wrong.

ya know?

Bossman641
04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Favre needs to stop taking the bait on these questions. I wish he would just answer "I'm retired" or something when asked about returning.

He was never able to answer "I'm not retiring" when he wanted to play, why should he have a straight answer now?

I would've been thrilled to have Favre come back next year, but the time to shit or get off the pot has passed. He got off the pot. The last thing we need is a QB controversy with a guy who's not even on the roster.

I read somewhere else that the Packers don't know what to do with Favre's locker. They may just keep it open with his name on it. Combine that with this story. How the hell is Rodgers supposed to take over as the leader of the team when Brett's waiting by the phone, and his jersey is still hanging in his locker?

Ding Ding Ding

Winner

Noodle
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
This kind of ticks me off because now Brett has created the conditions for a QB controversy, and it won't be limited to an A-Rod injury.

Let's suppose, not unreasonably, that A-Rod struggles early on and that the Pack drops its first three or four games. Because Favre hasn't given the Sherman response (if drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve), you can just count on a shitestorm of pressure to "Bring Back Brett," which won't make A-Rod's job any easier.

This is not fair to A-Rod at all. It's self-indulgent, selfish crap, and he needs to cut the Hamlet act. Man the frigg up, Favre. You're done.

If he really cared about his old team, he'd answer every press question about coming back with, "A-Rod is going to be a great QB in this league. He'll have some growing pains, just like I did, but I see no reason why he won't be tremendous." And if they ask him "what about injury," he should just give them a cold-ass look and say "Professionals do not talk about other players getting injured. Period." How friggin' hard is that?

KYPack
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I agree, Noodle.

But you know Brett, man.

He's still goofy after all these years.

Pacopete4
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
im not sure why you are pissed.. he gave a truthful answer, isnt that what we love about the man?

he said that practicing and getting himself prepared are the reasons he doesnt wanna play anymore and then was asked if arod was hurt during the season if he would come back, he said itd be enticing... how is that a bad answer? Then went on to say you just dont show up and play in this league... again, a great answer on his part.

you fools read into so much crap its unbelievable, youre worse than women

motife
04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Here's a question Greg Bedard got today in his chat :

Q: Jeff Adams of Bloomington, IL - Hey Greg, Serious question. In light of Favre's comments about playing again if Rodger's got hurt, do you think this will entice Packer fans to put a hit out on Rodgers by injuring a foot, leg, or his non throwing arm so that he will be out an extended period of time and open up the door for Favre's return. I'm not saying I would advocate anyone doing this, I wouldn't. But I'd sure as hell be happy to see it happen. Don't get me wrong, I like Rodgers. But another year of Favre would be worth it.

KYPack
04-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Here's a question Greg Bedard got today in his chat :

Q: Jeff Adams of Bloomington, IL - Hey Greg, Serious question. In light of Favre's comments about playing again if Rodger's got hurt, do you think this will entice Packer fans to put a hit out on Rodgers by injuring a foot, leg, or his non throwing arm so that he will be out an extended period of time and open up the door for Favre's return. I'm not saying I would advocate anyone doing this, I wouldn't. But I'd sure as hell be happy to see it happen. Don't get me wrong, I like Rodgers. But another year of Favre would be worth it.

Somewhere, Jeff Gilooly is checking to see if he's off probation yet.

gbgary
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Ding Ding Ding

Winner

i agree!

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
you fools read into so much crap its unbelievable, youre worse than women

Looks like you boys are the only ones reading too much into it, so you know what you can do with your women remark. :roll:

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
"AROD better watch out for some of the resident PR chicks in here."

Don't lump us all together........there's only one that lives close enough to stalk him and whack him in a deserted parking lot. :lol:

He'd recognize me as i've hung out with him on a few occassions, so I'd have to hire someone to do the dirty work! :wink:

RashanGary
04-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I do think Favre would come back. He'll keep himself in shape. It's the only thing he knows. If Rodgers went down and the Packers were in position to make a run and all Favre had to do was show up for the games and the last half of the season, I think he'd do it.

That said, I don't think the Packers would call. His time is up.

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I do think Favre would come back. He'll keep himself in shape. It's the only thing he knows. If Rodgers went down and the Packers were in position to make a run and all Favre had to do was show up for the games and the last half of the season, I think he'd do it.

I agree with this part.

If that was the case, who else would they call that would do any better? nobody...nada!!!

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't you think some of you might....just maybe... coddling Rodgers a bit? He's a big boy now!! :D There is NO way he could not have expected this sort of media frenzy when Favre decided to retire. And, I'm sure the Packer brass prepared him for this type of thing. He will be fine...provided he stays healthy. And IF...IF...he doesn't stay healthy I'm sure Brett Favre stepping in to help out would be Rodgers first choice.

BallHawk
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
If Rodgers was injured, Favre coming back would be an option to explore.

However, I want Favre to stay retired. Anything else is bad for this franchise.

texaspackerbacker
04-09-2008, 10:32 PM

I agree with this part.

If that was the case, who else would they call that would do any better? nobody...nada!!!

I read Justin's post and was gonna comment, but you basically beat me to it.

I sincerely hope there is nothing to all this crap about Favre having bad feeling for Packers management and hoping to play for somebody else. That would be depressing.

I really don't think Favre is being selfish or anything like that with his comments. He's just answering what he is asked, the same as he did all those times the past couple of years when retirement was being discussed.

I also agree that these comments are no threat to Rodgers. However, if Rodgers did get hurt, I really think he could get off the tractor and just show up and play--for the Packers, that is--not for somebody else where there would be a massive amount of new stuff to learn.

packers11
04-09-2008, 10:39 PM
If he comes back i'd have to buy all the new and updated tribute books... :worship: :doh:

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I really don't think Favre is being selfish or anything like that with his comments. He's just answering what he is asked, the same as he did all those times the past couple of years when retirement was being discussed.

Amen Tex! Packer fans have always loved Favre's honesty and not putting on a show. He answered the question. Let the chips fall where they may. I would never hold it against him for coming back. If he did.....I would hold my breath the whole time hoping he made the right decision.

Jimx29
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Somewhere, Jeff Gilooly is checking to see if he's off probation yet.He changed his name to Jeff Stone

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't you think some of you might....just may be... coddling Rodgers a bit? He's a big boy now!!

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace08/FGOW2-1o.jpg

:P ..compliments of packerpalace

Iron Mike
04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
1. Collect underpants
2. ?
3. profit!

Fixed. :P

Fosco33
04-10-2008, 05:46 AM
When he retired, I pleaded with myself that he'd stay away from the game for his sake (and the Packers, fans, media). Having Jordan-esque comebacks will only serve to torture fans with stupid rumors and get Brett to say something that the media will use to get people to watch ESPN for the whole hour!

Who is Brett's sense of reality - Deanna? She needs to get on him and tell him to stay retired - no matter what. Some silly 'emergency QB' psuedo role is not for a 1st ballot HOFer. The risk of injury and likely poor play should be enough for TT/M3 to never make that phone call - so don't expect it to happen.

I do see that ARod's durability will come into question throughout the season. Unfortunately, I don't see him making the difficult stretches (Sunday night game, Thursday night game, etc.). If he plays more than half the season, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

vince
04-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I do think Favre would come back. He'll keep himself in shape. It's the only thing he knows.
Favre said coming back would be "tempting." The reason he retired is because he is no longer ready or willing to do the work through the offseason to get himself ready to play anymore. At his age, he has to work harder than ever to get/keep himself in the shape required for the rigors of the NFL. His heart may tell him to come back, which may cause him to rationalize things, but his body would tell him otherwise.

texaspackerbacker
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah Right. I'd like to see somebody walk up to Brett Favre and say, " I hope you don't come back because you might get injured". Deanna might just get away with it. Anybody else, you better be able to outrun a tractor.

packers11
04-10-2008, 12:19 PM
If Rodgers gets hurt then packers management is going to be screwed...

Do they call back Brett Favre? If they do and he doesn't lose a game or is playing better than Rodgers then what will happen when Rodgers gets healthy again later in the season???

Here are the three best options that come out of this...

a) Favre stays retired (implying Rodgers can stay healthy)
b) Rodgers gets hurt for the year so favre can play one more
c) Favre decides before preseason starts that he made the wrong choice and he wants to come back for one more

Pacopete4
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
the best thing for the packers is that Brett decides after the draft at about June 1st that he wants back in so he can start coming up to the OTA's and make sure he's ready for mini camp.. day by day, I really think he wants back in..

but i'll take brett back any way that we can get him.. i still believe that anyone who thinks this team is in better hands with arod or even anyone less than manning or brady is a moron..

DonHutson
04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
i still believe that anyone who thinks this team is in better hands with arod or even anyone less than manning or brady is a moron..

This isn't about whether the Packers are better with Favre or Rodgers. Favre is gone and Rodgers needs to make the team his own. Rodgers would be under enough pressure to replace Favre anyway, but if half the team is waiting for Favre to walk in the door then how completely are they going to get behind Rodgers?

This isn't about setting up Brett Favre for a dramatic moment, it's about giving our new QB, who we invested a lot of time and a high draft pick in, the best possible chance to succeed. He'll have the best chance of succeeding if the rest of the players on the team are 100% invested in his success. As long as the spectre of a Favre comeback is floating around, the team doesn't have to put their faith in Rodgers. If he can't do it, then Favre can.

If Favre is open to that kind of glorified mop up role, then fine, he should have told Ted and Mike that they can give him a call. Going public with that accomplishes nothing, except to generate a lot more questions and a lot of uneeded distractions. Scroll back a couple of pages to Noodle's post. He provided Favre with an excellent script for how to deal with this issue in the media.

Pacopete4
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
but youre looking at it as favre has to care about what rodgers will do... the last time i checked its favres life, its his career.

you cannot tell me if you were in his situation that you wouldnt be thinking any different

its great, I am a team first thinking guy too.. but it isnt always about the team in some situations... brett can play if he wants, or he doesnt have to.. he's earned that right

and the thing about arod.. those guys will back him when HE earns it.. just like favre had to... its nothing that someone is just given, he will have to dig deep and earn that from every teammate and coach he's going to have

GrnBay007
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
and the thing about arod.. those guys will back him when HE earns it.. just like favre had to... its nothing that someone is just given, he will have to dig deep and earn that from every teammate and coach he's going to have

:tup:

DonHutson
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
but youre looking at it as favre has to care about what rodgers will do... the last time i checked its favres life, its his career.

you cannot tell me if you were in his situation that you wouldnt be thinking any different

its great, I am a team first thinking guy too.. but it isnt always about the team in some situations... brett can play if he wants, or he doesnt have to.. he's earned that right

You're absolutely right that Favre has the right to play or not, and think what he wants. He can say whatever he wants to whomever he pleases. But nobody is forcing him to talk to the media. If he makes public statements that are potentially disruptive, he's open to criticism for that.

Of course Rodgers has to earn it. Nobody is saying anything different. When Favre was back earning his teammates respect he had a lot of room to make mistakes. And he made a lot of them along the way. Rodgers' margin for error is much smaller. If Favre is leaving a comeback open to discussion, then that margin for error is gone. Rodgers needs to be Favre-like right now, or the team starts looking over his shoulder.

woodbuck27
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM

I think TT would call Favre, and I think Favre might consider it. I still don't think that it would happen. I don't think that after that much time off, without showing up for training camp or preseason, that Favre could get himself up for practice Tuesday through Saturday. I also don't think that Favre would get himself up to go play those December and January games at Lambeau anymore - he looked beyond miserable in the NFC Championship Game.

Exactly.

Favre just loves the media and any speculation of his unretiring is a mere wish and beyond his maturity and good sense.

Packers Forever.

Packers Forever.

Merlin
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Favre is done playing in the NFL. He will always second guess himself but in the end he will rationalize why he got out to begin with. I don't see Ted Thompson calling Favre in the case of an injury. He hardly talked to him in the off season when he was on the roster, no reason for him to try when the guy isn't in football anymore. I can see OTHER teams calling the Packers and Favre if and when their starter goes down. I would hope though the end result would be the same, Favre stays retired. Stranger things have happened and if he came back for the Packers this season, prior to training camp, possibly by June 1st, then he is the guy. If he walks in half way through the pre-season or after pre-season, then he is no longer the starter (unless of course Rodgers is injured).

Iron Mike
04-13-2008, 11:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/lolcat3795221.jpg

woodbuck27
04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I think Favre is done playing in the NFL. He will always second guess himself but in the end he will rationalize why he got out to begin with. I don't see Ted Thompson calling Favre in the case of an injury. He hardly talked to him in the off season when he was on the roster, no reason for him to try when the guy isn't in football anymore. I can see OTHER teams calling the Packers and Favre if and when their starter goes down. I would hope though the end result would be the same, Favre stays retired. Stranger things have happened and if he came back for the Packers this season, prior to training camp, possibly by June 1st, then he is the guy. If he walks in half way through the pre-season or after pre-season, then he is no longer the starter (unless of course Rodgers is injured).

by GREG A. BEDARD
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, JSonline.com

Apr. 5, 2008

Green Bay - Brett Favre isn't having second thoughts about retiring. At least not now, anyway.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated magazine on Friday, Favre shot down a published report that he is thinking about coming out of retirement.

"That's the last thing I'm thinking about," Favre said. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision?' I know it's the right one."

The Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed National Football League sources, reported Thursday that James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, was quietly inquiring whether teams would be interested in trading for the 38-year-old Favre. Cook later flatly denied the report.

"It's crazy to me that I'm the guy they're all talking about, and the story is out there everywhere, and I have nothing to do with it," Favre said. "It's not something I'm thinking about. It's kind of funny. Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired."

Although Favre did not completely close the door on a return - "I supposed anything could happen," he said - he hasn't found himself missing the game yet.

"How will I feel in four months? Who knows? I'm sure I'll miss it on Sundays," Favre said. "But football's so much more than 16 Sundays. It's about all the other stuff: the preparation, the off-field stuff. And I don't miss any of that."

Favre has spent most of his new-found retirement tending to his property in Hattiesburg, Miss. Favre did reveal that he suspects he suffered a hernia late last season and is seeking to have it repaired.

:pack: PACKERS FOREVER! and LONG LIVE THE LEGEND :worship: