PDA

View Full Version : Friends

GrnBay007
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Do you consider people you interact with on PR friends or acquaintances?

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
This survey presumes a yes answer to the question "Do you consider posters at PackerRats to be people?" You have to be a person to be eligible to be a friend or acquaintance.

I'm not being a smart aleck. I do not think of posters as full human beings. Sometimes I'm reminded of that fact, of course. But generally, posters are somewhere between characters in a graphic novel and real people sitting at a diner.

That's why I don't know if I'll ever go to any PackerRats gatherings. I'm not sure I want to meet the real people, I enjoy just dealing with characters. I LIKE thinking of Tyrone Bigguns as some black intellectual who smokes a little crack and has a way with the ladies. I don't want to meet the real skinny jew boy with bad skin.

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 12:43 AM
That's why I don't know if I'll ever go to any PackerRats gatherings. I'm not sure I want to meet the real people, I enjoy just dealing with characters.

Face your fears HH.......YOU CAN DO IT!! :P

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Man, that's like 20 blind dates all rolled into one.

3irty1
04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll never go because Skin could never live up to the image i've built up in my head.

Its something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBnWZignkQ

The Leaper
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I just pretend to put up with all of you clowns.

the_idle_threat
04-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I just pretend to put up with all of you clowns.

Ah ... the feeling'a mutual ... :P

GoPackGo
04-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm not saying I would never meet anyone on this forum in person but....
I don't like meeting large groups of people for the first time all at once.
I also think its sad when people expose to much personal information to complete strangers on the internet. There's a certain poster here who has more than 10,000 posts in less than 2 years who i believe needs to get some help from a psychologist.

oregonpackfan
04-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Prior to the first PR gathering, I just considered them acquaintances. Since the gathering, however, I now consider them friends.

Meeting and getting to know the PR's helped to personalize them. It was a great experience to meet someone you had only knows through the written electronic medium.

Harlan, you need to take 007's advice and overcome your fears. Maybe some of the female posters might be willing to take your hand and dry your tears when you arrive at PR Gathering #2. Watch out for GBR, however. She might kick your butt if you don't move fast enough! :lol:

BTW, Madtown is a much nicer guy than what he portrays himself to be on this forum. :)

Tyrone Bigguns
04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't want to meet the real skinny jew boy with bad skin.

Bad skin? My skin is like porcelain...well, black porcelain.

Partial
04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll never go because Skin could never live up to the image i've built up in my head.

Its something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBnWZignkQ

Hahahaha. He's more like Gaston's sidekick.

Nutz has a little Gaston in him, though. Big guy. Ate 12 dozen eggs. Etc.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm not saying I would never meet anyone on this forum in person but....
I don't like meeting large groups of people for the first time all at once.
I also think its sad when people expose to much personal information to complete strangers on the internet. There's a certain poster here who has more than 10,000 posts in less than 2 years who i believe needs to get some help from a psychologist.

I don't like people, I went because I was traveling with the Skinbasket, and that made it easier. I also drank a lot on the first day of the gathering, that made it better. Everyone else drank which loosened the whole group. Partial didn't want to go by poster names, but I thought it made it easier, less names to try and remember, and besides most of us had or poster name long ago by nicknames anyways. So somebody calling me "Nutz" wasn't that big of a deal, although people that I never met would yell it out, apparently I look like a nut.

Mostly we all had the Packers in common, and we were all unusually good hearted people, maybe we all didn't truly like everyone, but I respected everyone there as a person and like I said it was a nice mixture of really, really good hearted people.

I don't ever want to meet Harlan, he will be a let down in person, and I think that is what he is truly afraid of, people won't find him attractive, which is a shame. Me, I think I am the same as person as I am on the forum. Funny, Skin is probably the same as well in a dark depressed artist sort of way.

Anyways, I would give it a shot, we all have football in common, and you can tell people as little as you want about yourself. It doesn't matter just .eat, drink and dance with hot asian chicks.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
This tough, because if any of you would die I don't know how I would feel, probably indifferent. So you can't be my friends, or can you? I am confused by all this.

the_idle_threat
04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Well I like Harlan.

Fuck the rest of you ... :P

Zool
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Well I like Harlan.

You want us all at one time? You're one kinky bastard.

GoPackGo
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
This tough, because if any of you would die I don't know how I would feel, probably indifferent. So you can't be my friends, or can you? I am confused by all this.

me too-

knowing someone online will never be like knowing someone in person.
I categorize people that I talk to online in the same way I categorize people I work with over the phone on a regular basis as "fringe people or aquaintences" .If they retire, i'm not going to their retirement party , If they leave the forum, I could care less. Fringe people come and go all through life

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
The ones that I haven't met I consider acquaintances. Many of the ones I got to know at the PR gathering, I consider friends. Some I didn't get to know enough.

There are some posters that I interact with outside of the forum now, and we've built somewhat of a relationship. Those would have to be classified as somewhere in between. Hard to be friends when you haven't met somebody, but I take a genuine interest in them. One of them is hard to classify because he's 15 going on 50. Or is it 50 going on 15?
:D

GoPackGo
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Hard to be friends when you haven't met somebody, but I take a genuine interest in them. One of them is hard to classify because he's 15 going on 50. Or is it 50 going on 15?

I don't know who that would be but he definately sounds like a pedophile :P

GoPackGo
04-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm at 1000 posts now. maybe its time for me to retire from this forum and concentrate on kicking Harvey's ass in fantasy baseball and basketball

the_idle_threat
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Well I like Harlan.

You want us all at one time? You're one kinky bastard.

Erotic is when you use a feather;

Kinky is when you use the whole damned chicken.

Don't know where I'm going with this, but the ASPCA probably won't be pleased ...

DonHutson
04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
What the hell? I clicked into this thread so I could vote for Courtney Cox as the hottest 'Friend.'

the_idle_threat
04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
And all you got is sex with chickens. Disappointment can be a real bitch sometimes ...

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't ever want to meet Harlan, he will be a let down in person, and I think that is what he is truly afraid of, people won't find him attractive, which is a shame.

Creepy. Anybody else you don't want to meet?

maybe I should come next year to shake Nutz's hand. Will Harvey Wallbanger be there too?

On second thought, pass.

LL2
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't ever want to meet Harlan, he will be a let down in person, and I think that is what he is truly afraid of, people won't find him attractive, which is a shame.

maybe I should come next year to shake Nutz's hand. Will Harvey Wallbanger be there too?

On second thought, pass.

I'll be your friend Harlan.

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I'll have a private party with you and my other friends.

Better reserve the banquet hall in advance.

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2008, 02:35 PM

You might not want to shake Nutz's hand--just in case he watched National Geographic before meeting you.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2008, 03:04 PM

On second thought, pass.

We don't shake hands, we hug :hug:

MJZiggy
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I agree with what some of the others here have said. I don't know that I can call someone who could pass me on the street without my recognition a friend, maybe a "forum friend," but there are some folks that I've met in person and that I've been in regular contact with outside the forum that I do consider my friends; whom I trust implicitly and who have shown me their trust and friendship. They were there when I needed them and have vented to me on occasion. If you're asking it, then yes, I'm talking about you.

Partial
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Interesting topic. Yeah, I consider the poster game people my friends I suppose. I don't know, they're not like best friends but they're people that I know surprisingly well and will have something to talk about with them no matter what.

There are definitely people here that I care about and wish for them to have the best in life. When something bad happens to them, I am upset. When something great happens like they have a child, I am legitimately happy and excited for them.

That was a good question. I've never really thought about it before.

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Once you meet someone in person, there are some that yes, I truly consider friends. What is the difference if you meet someone for the first time at a bar or in person from online chats? Some people you are going to click with, some...not so much.

One of my closest friends here in GB is someone that I met back in 1996 when we had a big group of AOL posters attend a game.

Some on here I talk with outside of the forum, too and yes I consider them my friends. Heck, even OPF sent me a Christmas card this year. Perhaps he's thinking that I'm his ride to another face value ticket to the Packers game this year...I dunno :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I considered GBR a friend--until she stood me up when she lived in Minnesota for 6 weeks.
:)

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 09:18 PM
ohhhh, well who didn't invite me to their board game outing on that one Sunday?? jerk :lol:

GBRulz
04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
of course I was referring to Superfan!! :wink:

Joemailman
04-09-2008, 09:21 PM

On second thought, pass.

You could show up and claim to be Scott Campbell. Or Lawyer Joe, if you're really brave.

Scott Campbell
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't ever want to meet Harlan, he will be a let down in person......

As opposed to what exactly?

Scott Campbell
04-09-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll have a private party with you and my other friends.

Better reserve the banquet hall in advance.

Banquet hall? More like a bathroom stall.

GrnBay007
04-09-2008, 11:59 PM
What the hell? I clicked into this thread so I could vote for Courtney Cox as the hottest 'Friend.'

:lol: Gotcha!!

GrnBay007
04-10-2008, 12:12 AM
One of them is hard to classify because he's 15 going on 50. Or is it 50 going on 15?

Hmmm...wonder who that is? :D

He really needs to come to the next PR Posters game.

Scott Campbell
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
One of them is hard to classify because he's 15 going on 50. Or is it 50 going on 15?

Hmmm...wonder who that is? :D

He really needs to come to the next PR Posters game.

With a signed permission slip from his parents.

Badgepack
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I would consider you people a kind of support group more than anything.

Kiwon
04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm down with MJZ's "forum friends" comment.

I respect anyone who's a Packers fan.

packinpatland
04-10-2008, 08:20 PM
MJ's 100% right on the money.

MJZiggy
04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
That's great now read your messages!!!! (I'm glad you agree by the way--I didn't want to be the only dork that felt that way)

oregonpackfan
04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Some on here I talk with outside of the forum, too and yes I consider them my friends. Heck, even OPF sent me a Christmas card this year. Perhaps he's thinking that I'm his ride to another face value ticket to the Packers game this year...I dunno :lol:

Dang it all, GBR! You have me pegged! And I though I was shrewd enough to outsmart you... :lol:

packinpatland
04-10-2008, 08:43 PM
GBR...........I sent you an Easter card, did you get it? :lol:

GBRulz
04-10-2008, 10:10 PM
GBR...........I sent you an Easter card, did you get it? :lol:

You could have saved a stamp and just put my birthday card in it, as well :wink: