PDA

View Full Version : F**K SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
04-10-2008, 08:28 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a 100% chance of snow for the next three days up here in hell(the up).

4-6 inches tonight

6-8 inches tomorrow

and

6-8 inches tomorrow night

and they at least are kind enough to not tell us how many inches we can expect saturday

thats a 100% chance of 16 to 22 inches in like the next 30 hours

screw that, i wanna cry

and i need a drink

do they show packer games in equador?

MJZiggy
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Fuck snow? Sounds cold. You could get frostbite and then you can't even have a little snowbound fun with Mrs. Red...

packinpatland
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Fuck snow? Sounds cold. You could get frostbite and then you can't even have a little snowbound fun with Mrs. Red...
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Here I was just going to say how sorry I felt for him...

MJZiggy
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I shouldn't say anything. It's really nice here right now. I'm looking for excuses to go places at work.

red
04-10-2008, 09:02 PM
lol

alright, that was a good one zig

that made me a tad bit less miserable

MJZiggy
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Then I did it right! :mrgreen:

Joemailman
04-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like we'll get 6-12 in Wausau. It's rain right now, but will change to snow and windows are rattling because of the wind. Ah yes, Spring in Wisconsin.

red
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Then I did it right! :mrgreen:

you know the sad thing is that you know damn well theres someone out there thats tried that before

wonder what thats called

a snowifile?- one who rapes snow

MJZiggy
04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I think it's referred to as that funny story they always tell in the ER.

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
HA HA HA HA!

I am sleeping with the windows open tonight. (Don't tell any stalkers.) 68 degrees tomorrow.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks like we'll get 6-12 in Wausau. It's rain right now, but will change to snow and windows are rattling because of the wind. Ah yes, Spring in Wisconsin.

sounds like another snow day for the mailman

Joemailman
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm off Friday-Monday. We are having sleet and a lightning storm at the same time here. Strange weather.

BallHawk
04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
We hit 90 degrees here today.

Sucks.

red
04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
HA HA HA HA!

I am sleeping with the windows open tonight. (Don't tell any stalkers.) 68 degrees tomorrow.

i'm giving you the e-finger right now

and not in the good fun way either

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
:jig:

Joemailman
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
HA HA HA HA!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/ricky_roll/2729_johnny_cash_finger.jpg

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
There is nothing else good about where I live, believe me, so let me have this one bragging opp...

GBRulz
04-10-2008, 10:14 PM
All rain here in GB, the snow is only in the northern part of the state. Let them have it.

60's next week though!

red
04-10-2008, 10:22 PM
All rain here in GB, the snow is only in the northern part of the state. Let them have it.

60's next week though!

yeah you guys are lucky

its the same system and all, moving straight north from you guys

its just deciding to leave you guys alone and shit all over us, an hour and a half north

falco
04-11-2008, 08:46 AM
froze my ass off last night w/o power, too

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I think if it snows in April I should be able to hunt deer.

Kiwon
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
froze my ass off last night w/o power, too

Real sorry to hear that, falco.

Freak Out
04-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Fucking dumped 18 inches of snow yesterday! Destroyed a 30 year old lilac I had while I was gone for the day. :cry: Snapped it in like four places.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
It snowed today in the Twin Cities. April 26th and it snowed. It melted already, but that's just crazy.

Freak Out
04-26-2008, 11:53 AM
It snowed today in the Twin Cities. April 26th and it snowed. It melted already, but that's just crazy.

Its pretty common to get some snow here this time of year but not this much.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Fucking dumped 18 inches of snow yesterday! Destroyed a 30 year old lilac I had while I was gone for the day. :cry: Snapped it in like four places.

Freak Out,

I admire you and the hardy folks who live in Alaska and northern Canada.

Being born and raised in northern Wisconsin, I have had my fill of cold weather and snow.

I simply could not live there even if I or my wife were offered a six figure income.

Freak Out
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Freak Out,

I admire you and the hardy folks who live in Alaska and northern Canada.

Being born and raised in northern Wisconsin, I have had my fill of cold weather and snow.

I simply could not live there even if I or my wife were offered a six figure income.

I love to ski and love the winter...but I was ready for spring. Thursday night I finished cleaning most of the yard after the winters snow had melted and had moved the fire pit out and some chairs and benches. I still have my studded tires on though. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 01:54 PM

Wimp.
:D

Do you live in the rainy part of Oregon? Personally, I think that would be harder to handle than the cold/snow. You can actually do things (ice fishing, skiing, sledding) in the cold/snow. I love Seattle. It's one of my favorite cities to visit (in the summertime), but I don't think I could handle rain every other day for 1/4 of the year and rain every third day for 1/4 of the year.

oregonpackfan
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM

Wimp.

Do you live in the rainy part of Oregon? Personally, I think that would be harder to handle than the cold/snow. You can actually do things (ice fishing, skiing, sledding) in the cold/snow. I love Seattle. It's one of my favorite cities to visit (in the summertime), but I don't think I could handle rain every other day for 1/4 of the year and rain every third day for 1/4 of the year.

Harvey,

I live in the western part of Oregon which has more rainy days. Here in the Portland area, it rains about 45 inches a year--not that much more than Wisconsin.

The rainfall here is generally much lighter than the rainfall in the midwest. During the winter, most of the rain is a light mist. The low temps are in the mid to high 30's and the highs are in the mid to high 40's.

Rarely does snow accummulate here in the valley. Our Cascade mountains in the central part of the state actually receives more snow than Wisconsin.

I am far more resistant to the below zero weather "crap weather." I hated worrying if my car would start or dealing with the heating bills.

I guess everything is a trade-off and one's values regarding the weather. 8-)

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Harvey,

I live in the western part of Oregon which has more rainy days. Here in the Portland area, it rains about 45 inches a year--not that much more than Wisconsin.

The rainfall here is generally much lighter than the rainfall in the midwest. During the winter, most of the rain is a light mist. The low temps are in the mid to high 30's and the highs are in the mid to high 40's.

OPF,

To each their own. I have relatives in Seattle, and I've been out there many times. The problem with Seattle is that you get a light rain, but it rains all of the time. Considering the rainy season is in the fall and winter, and the temps get cold, it makes it extremely uncomfortable to do anything outside. Ironically, you can visit Seattle in the summer, stay for a month, and maybe see one day of rain.

In the Midwest it will rain in the summer, but it comes through in a huge thunderstom, dumps a lot, and then you're good to go. Comparing the total rainfall is kind of apples to oranges. Kind of like comparing the snowfall in Denver to the Midwest. I'd much rather have Denver's snowfall. It snows, but they get relatively moderate temps being on the eastern side of the Rockies, and it generally melts soon after the snowfall.

GrnBay007
04-27-2008, 12:09 AM

Wimp.

OPF, what's the humidity like there compared to the midwest?

oregonpackfan
04-27-2008, 01:22 AM

Wimp.

It is MUCH less humid here in the Pacific Northwest than in the Midwest. People out here do not know the true meaning of a hot, humid, summer day.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I've spent a ton of time in both places - OR and WI. Make no mistake, OR has better weather. But WI has the Packers.

packinpatland
04-27-2008, 08:02 AM

Wimp.

It is MUCH less humid here in the Pacific Northwest than in the Midwest. People out here do not know the true meaning of a hot, humid, summer day.

The true meaning of hot and humid 'summer' day was last Oct at the PR game!

red
04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
well, theres snow on the ground here this morning

great

it was 72 a few days ago

now my dick disappears when i go outside

i hate the up

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 08:32 AM

great

it was 72 a few days ago

i hate the up

Why do you stay?

red
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM

great

it was 72 a few days ago

i hate the up

Why do you stay?

i really need to leave. i can't come up with a single good reason to stay

GrnBay007
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
It's crazy this year. There is a chance of snow showers here tomorrow. On Friday there were tornado warnings and one touched down not far from here, Monday chance of snow......and oh, did I mention the flooding? lol

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
i really need to leave. i can't come up with a single good reason to stay

That's pretty much how I ended up leaving WI.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I've spent a ton of time in both places - OR and WI. Make no mistake, OR has better weather. But WI has the Packers.

I like four seasons. Yes, it gets tiring when the winter goes long, but I seldom complain about the weather. I like my summers hot and humid. I like spring and fall. I like winter for about a month. There's about a two month stretch when the weather isn't to my liking. Of course, San Diego would be ideal, but the Pacific Northwest isn't San Diego. The Southest has ridiculous humidity. The Midwest and Northeast have winter. The Pacific Northwest has rain.

For me, there are numerous other bigger factors for liking a place over the weather.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
For me, there are numerous other bigger factors for liking a place over the weather.

Yeah, like skiing. 8-)

I hear ya. I've told my wives the only way I'd ever move back to the Midwest would be if I could get a lake property. And even then, I prefer the lakes out West like Coeur d'Alene or Flathead.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Love the Flathead Valley--even though there are too many Californians and tourists now.