04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I'd root for snow

RashanGary
04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Go Lefty

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
I like Lefty, also.

And the Wisconsinites, Stricker and Kelly.

Also anyone fat.

Or anyone who smokes on the course and/or on camera.

Or anyone whose name is fun to pronounce in the snotty, British accent - like "Ben Cuuuur-tis."

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Or basically anyone but Tiger.

Tiger winning is completely boring to me, although it would probably be good for golf, since they are hyping Tiger's quest for the Grand Slam.

:roll:

I know a lot of people don't like golf, but the unintentional comedy factor is off the charts.

BallHawk
04-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Tiger.

red
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
woods

although i hate the coverage every year of the masters

its too cheesy, like its just targeting 90 year olds

they all speak in soft words, even more so then usual. and they spend more time talking about the tradition and showing shots of the flowers and the trees then they actually show the golfing aspect.

and i hate the god damn stupid music they always have to play

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Yes, but that's exactly what makes "The Masters" so great. There are endless opportunities to make fun of "the tradition."

There is plenty of room for "mocking, mocking, mocking," as Babu would say on Seinfeld.

RashanGary
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
FC,

It was a guilty pleasure to watch Angel Cabrera round the 18th pulling an a heater and beating Tiger in his tight red muscle shirt.

FavreChild
04-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Ya got dat right!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43057000/jpg/_43057507_angel.jpg

BallHawk
04-10-2008, 10:23 PM
British Open is the best event in golf, without a doubt, IMO.

Iron Mike
04-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Carl Spackler

http://www.crk.umn.edu/campusinfo/wkbulletin/03-04/CarlSpackler.jpg

Joemailman
04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Will these guys be there?

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/caddyshack/_group_photos/chevy_chase2.jpg

Iron Mike
04-10-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.columbusmovieguy.com/images/caddyshack3.jpg

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

oregonpackfan
04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Remember that incredible commercial featuring Tiger Woods a few years ago? It's the one where he takes a golf ball bounces it off his 5 iron about 30 times and with one swing, hits the ball straight down the fairway.

Last summer, I talked with a guy from Nike who was working with the ad agency Wieden & Kennedy to do a commercial featuring Tiger Woods. They had spent many hours working on a script for the commercial.

When they were ready to begin, they saw Woods in the parking lot nonchalantly bouncing a golf ball off the head of one of his irons. They stood slack-jawed watching Woods do a variety of skilled bounces.

Finally, they asked him if they could set up their cameras on a nearby fairway. Woods agreed. The ad men and the Nike rep abandoned their scripted format and proceeded to film Woods bouncing the ball.

Tiger did the entire scene in just TWO takes! That become one of the most incredible displays of athletic eye-hand coordination I have ever seen on TV.

Here is a description of the ad company, which is based here in Portland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieden%2BKennedy

Here is the commercial I was writing about:

YouTube - tiger woods
Nike Golf TV Commercial featuring Tiger Woods Swing Portrait ...
Watch video

Freak Out
04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
http://www.columbusmovieguy.com/images/caddyshack3.jpg

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

You can always count on Mike.

:lol:

Iron Mike
04-10-2008, 11:06 PM
http://www.columbusmovieguy.com/images/caddyshack2.jpg

:jack:

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Fred Couples has always been my favorite.

Nothing against Tiger, but I don't like dynasties--unless it's my team doing it. I was into golf long before Tiger came around. I'm Old School.

I followed Lefty and Vijay around at the PGA Championship when it was here, and they both were cool guys. Vijay gets a bit of a bad rap. David Duval was actually a really nice guy. Too bad he's no longer relevant.

Fred, Jim Furyk, Jerry Kelly, Steve Stricker, or any other American (Tiger included) over the Europeans--except for Paddy Harrington. I've rooted for Stuart Appleby since seeing him win that tournament right after his wife died. Too bad he chokes on Sundays.

BallHawk
04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Wouldn't mind to see Ames win.

Not a Vijay fan, nor an Ernie Els fan.

red
04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP TIRICO, AND SHOW THE GOLFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've been live for 10 minutes and we've seen 3 shots

Cheesehead Craig
04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Golf on TV? Well isn't that just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Tiger is failing. He put too much pressure on himself with talk of the Grand Slam. He is taking it way to serious, he needs to relax, he might not get the chance

BallHawk
04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Tiger is failing. He put too much pressure on himself with talk of the Grand Slam. He is taking it way to serious, he needs to relax, he might not get the chance

The media is sad. I'm soon expecting Tirico to blow a foghorn during every other player's shot to give Tiger a boost.

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I enjoy how quiet and still everything is at Augusta.

red
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I enjoy how quiet and still everything is at Augusta.

it allows for lots of nap time in the chair

golf has been on for almost 2 hours, and i've gotten almost an hour and a half of sleep

FavreChild
04-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I love to root against Tiger. Will he make his run today??

Some rain predicted for Augusta. Maybe that's good - the azaleas need to be watered.

red
04-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I love to root against Tiger. Will he make his run today??

Some rain predicted for Augusta. Maybe that's good - the azaleas need to be watered.

tiger really hasn't showed me anything yet to make me think he can make a run

red
04-12-2008, 03:03 PM
well, looks like tiger is making a bit of a move

he needs to get to maybe 5 under i think today. then let the winds later wreak havoc on the leaders still out there

then he would have a chance

these guys need to be tearing it up right now

how's a tiger-phil sunday pairing sound?

FavreChild
04-14-2008, 08:59 AM
You have to hand it to Immelman - he pretty much led the tourney from wire to wire. Quite impressive.

But I guess that makes for a boring tournament for most viewers. (Lack of drama.)

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Tiger couldn't putt. He was really good off the tee and he hit what I would call good second shots, but he was missing 5 footers for birdies and pars, when does he ever do that? He putted this way in the last tournament that he played as well.

red
04-14-2008, 09:23 AM
You have to hand it to Immelman - he pretty much led the tourney from wire to wire. Quite impressive.

But I guess that makes for a boring tournament for most viewers. (Lack of drama.)

i would say immelman choked less then everyone else yesterday, thats why he one

seriously, that was some bad golf all around

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Tiger was just off. I wouldn't say he played as well as he thinks he did. He did get great fortune hitting into the trees at least three times, and luckily being able to have a shot out of the woods all three of those times. His driver was wild at times. He was good with the irons, but even that failed him at times on Sunday. His putting was bad. Mickelson had a similar tournament. I saw him miss a half dozen putts on Saturday and Sunday by inches. He also had one really unlucky hole where he hit a beautiful shot that hopped, hit the flagstick, and rolled off the green. Instead of getting a birdie, he ended up with a bogey. That's the way golf at the Masters goes--especially when there are 30 MPH winds. Immelman wasn't gifted the tournament. He played great golf, and a bad shot on 16 on Sunday masked his true dominance. I was happy for the guy after hearing his story. He seems like a solid guy. It was pretty funny when his kid was having his meltdown while Immelman was signing his scorecard on Sunday. Anybody with kids has seen that before.

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Tiger was just off. I wouldn't say he played as well as he thinks he did. He did get great fortune hitting into the trees at least three times, and luckily being able to have a shot out of the woods all three of those times. His driver was wild at times. He was good with the irons, but even that failed him at times on Sunday. His putting was bad. Mickelson had a similar tournament. I saw him miss a half dozen putts on Saturday and Sunday by inches. He also had one really unlucky hole where he hit a beautiful shot that hopped, hit the flagstick, and rolled off the green. Instead of getting a birdie, he ended up with a bogey. That's the way golf at the Masters goes--especially when there are 30 MPH winds. Immelman wasn't gifted the tournament. He played great golf, and a bad shot on 16 on Sunday masked his true dominance. I was happy for the guy after hearing his story. He seems like a solid guy. It was pretty funny when his kid was having his meltdown while Immelman was signing his scorecard on Sunday. Anybody with kids has seen that before.

What hurt Tiger the most was his putting, plain and simple. Tiger scrambles with the best of them because he is money from 6 feet and in. That wasn't the case this whole week. He couldn't buy a putt. I don't think he made a putt from 12 feet or further. It just wasn't Tiger-like on the greens.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
What hurt Tiger the most was his putting, plain and simple. Tiger scrambles with the best of them because he is money from 6 feet and in. That wasn't the case this whole week. He couldn't buy a putt. I don't think he made a putt from 12 feet or further. It just wasn't Tiger-like on the greens.

His putter did stink. I think I remember him making one long bomb and he also chipped one in, but normally he has a few bombs--usually at key times.