PDA

View Full Version : Best Chain Restaurant Burger

Joemailman
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
This is a spinoff of Skin's McDonald's Double Cheeseburger Thread. Which chain makes the best burger?

Joemailman
04-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Hard to beat a Culver's double cheeseburger for me. With fries, of course.

GoPackGo
04-11-2008, 08:44 PM
you have to include in-n-out burger on the poll

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
No In and Out burger, but he puts White Castle on there.

Joemailman
04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
White Castle was in jest. Didn't know about In And Out Burger. Can't edit a poll.

Freak Out
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I never eat a chain burger....the only exception is the in and out.

Well...there is a local chain in Portland that only uses Oregon Country Beef and that is very good stuff. OPF?

Harlan Huckleby
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
there is a diner on Park St. in Madison called The Curve that makes best burger in world. trick is guy gets excellent meat. i swear it is like no other burger.

ah, who cares, you'll never go there.

GBRulz
04-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Does Hardee's even exist anymore outside of WI? It's usually Carl's Jr everywhere you go.

My vote is "other". I love Ruby Tuesdays burgers.

BallHawk
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
It's hard to separate a restaurant burger from a fast food burger. If we're talking fast food burger, I gotta go with Wendy's. McDonalds burgers have potential if you have $10 and you are hungry= 10 burgers.

Restaurant burger, as GB said, Ruby Tuesday is pretty good. That's a traditional burger. If we're talking burger with a twist Applebee's quesadilla burger is pretty good.

Steak and Shake is decent, but I don't eat there often because of there frustratingly small French fries.

Charles Woodson
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
theres a place in texas called Whataburger thats pretty good
Down here in miami, Checkers is pretty good
We have some random places that have really good burgers, Keg South and Fudruckers,

burger king, takes the cake for Fast food for me

red
04-11-2008, 10:24 PM
OMG, i forgot fudruckers

those are my favorite burgers

you can get like these full pound burgers, where the patty is the size of a plate

GoPackGo
04-11-2008, 10:29 PM
there is a diner on Park St. in Madison called The Curve that makes best burger in world. trick is guy gets excellent meat. i swear it is like no other burger.

I've been there for breakfast, never a burger

GrnBay007
04-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Does Hardee's even exist anymore outside of WI?

There are Hardee's in Iowa

oregonpackfan
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Red Robin makes the best burgers, IMO. Why are they not on the list?

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2008, 01:31 AM

And North Dakota, and a few in Minnesota.

SkinBasket
04-12-2008, 07:48 AM

Drove past it twice a day for 3 years when we lived in the designated black section of Madison and never even considered going there. Looked like the kind of shithole people like you would hang out at.

LL2
04-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I voted Culver's. Applebee's is on the list, but they are not fast food. I agree Red Robin is pretty good. If you ever get to Chicago and go to a Cubs game there is a Goose Island restaurant a couple blocks away that makes this really good burger on rye, with garlic and blue cheese. I think it's an Irish burger. It gives you really bad breathe, but taste really good. The other burgers they have are good too.

twoseven
04-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Jucy Lucy's in La Crosse, WI (it was a franchise elsewhere I think) used to serve me up right when I would go down to visit the future wife on weekends, and during Octoberfest..ahh, the memories. I think I heard it went under. :cry:

Harlan Huckleby
04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Drove past it twice a day for 3 years when we lived in the designated black section of Madison and never even considered going there. Looked like the kind of shithole people like you would hang out at.

ya, it is like one of those places with a big EATS sign on the highway. my kind of place.

the owner is a former defensive noseguard for badgers, and lots of former football players go there when they are in town. saw ron dayne a couple weeks ago, altho i wasn't close enough to catch wiff of his jock. it is the only place I know of in the city where black & white people hang out together - except for county jail.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Dotty Dumplings in Madison. Not a chain but really good burger.

red
04-12-2008, 03:06 PM

ya, it is like one of those places with a big EATS sign on the highway. my kind of place.

those seem to be the best places

theres a truck stop on the south side of grand rapids that has amazing burgers

Iron Mike
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
IDK about the burgers, but Jack In The Box has AWESOME antenna toppers:

http://www.4antennaball.com/bin/img/product/0080109_antenna_topper_jack_in_the_box_ball_jumbo_ jack_food_burger.jpg

MJZiggy
04-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Dammit, now I want a burger for dinner and I have to decide between Urban Burger and Fuddruckers.

Iron Mike
04-12-2008, 04:52 PM
IDK about the burgers, but Jack In The Box has AWESOME antenna toppers:

http://www.4antennaball.com/bin/img/product/0080109_antenna_topper_jack_in_the_box_ball_jumbo_ jack_food_burger.jpg

Ma'fact, I think I'll make that my avatar!!! 8-)

Iron Mike
04-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Dammit, now I want a burger for dinner and I have to decide between Urban Burger and Fuddruckers.

Do you feel like going to the Sign of the Whale with me??

http://www.signofthewhale.com/

MJZiggy
04-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Sure, but isn't it kind of a far drive for you?

red
04-12-2008, 05:32 PM
great, now i want fuddruckers.

and i don't think theres one within a days drive from me

:(

SkinBasket
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Dotty's got more roaches than burgers. They crawl up the walls while you eat and beg you for a bite. It's really quite pathetic.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-14-2008, 08:04 PM

And North Dakota, and a few in Minnesota.

Hardees=Carl's Jr.

Gunakor
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Red Robin.

Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Dotty's got more roaches than burgers. They crawl up the walls while you eat and beg you for a bite. It's really quite pathetic.

Even in the new place? The one by the Kohl Center? You are bothered by such little things.

the_idle_threat
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Even in the new place? The one by the Kohl Center? You are bothered by such little things.

Yeah, hell, they don't eat much. :lol:

SkinBasket
04-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Na. I meant the old place. It was more distracting than anything. It was like the walls were constantly moving because there were always at least half a dozen of the hungry little guys trucking around nearby.