PDA

View Full Version : I'M SORRY....but YOU....are the WEAKEST LINK....in GREEN BAY

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Gosh I hated that creepy chick on the weakest link show.

Read the subject, and then throw out the first person that comes to mind fitting of the above description and why

Could you a player, coach, or executive.

If it's a player we should probably keep it to starters we have to rely on.

I'm curious as to what will come out

MJZiggy
04-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Colledge because when something goes wrong, he's usually nearby.

PlantPage55
04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Kurt Schottenheimer. Look at his record - he pisses "suck"

Cheesehead Craig
04-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Kurt Schottenheimer. Look at his record - he pisses "suck"
Ding Ding Ding...

We have a winner.

Oscar
04-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Put me down for Schottenshotter...He reeks of total sucktitude.....

RashanGary
04-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I guess I'll vote for Shitty too.

I was thinking about Conrad Bolston, Jarrett Bush or Craig Nall too. Oh, just saw it was starters :)

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I guess I'll vote for Shitty too.

I was thinking about Conrad Bolston, Jarrett Bush or Craig Nall too.

At this point I'm debating between Schottenheimer or Sanders. After the Giant game my gross dislike for Sanders has been reborn.

If I had to pick a starter on each side, at this point I'd take Colledge on offense and one of the safeties or Poppinga

red
04-12-2008, 02:56 PM
colledge for players, he needs to go

and sanders, we have a ton of talent on the d-side of the ball, and its like he's pulling back on the reigns. too vanilla. hawk is the big one that comes to mind, let him play.

and the giants game, if harris is getting killed, then give him some help. don't keep getting killed. double plax.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:01 PM

and sanders, we have a ton of talent on the d-side of the ball, and its like he's pulling back on the reigns. too vanilla. hawk is the big one that comes to mind, let him play.

and the giants game, if harris is getting killed, then give him some help. don't keep getting killed. double plax.

Dam we think very alike

RashanGary
04-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Colledge struggled. It's a deep year in the draft. It would be nice to get a replacement, but if not I'm not going to freak out with him starting. It is his third year. Worst case he should be a little better.

woodbuck27
04-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I thought that last season Al Harris lost a step and had a major challenge not to grab onto the stronger WR's. He seems to allow WR's to beat him, a lot, to the inside.

Also where is Nick Collins but lost in space? I want to see Collins get his feet 'a motoring' to the ball and cutting down angles better.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Colledge struggled. It's a deep year in the draft. It would be nice to get a replacement, but if not I'm not going to freak out with him starting. It is his third year. Worst case he should be a little better.

Or he might be an adequate OT some day as well. He still has time. There will be solid OG's available in the draft if TT chooses to go that route. I'm much more relaxed about the TT methodology now that Favre is gone.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I thought that last season Al Harris lost a step and had a major challenge not to grab onto the stronger WR's. He seems to allow WR's to beat him, a lot, to the inside.

Also where is Nick Collins but lost in space? I want to see Collins get his feet 'a motoring' to the ball and cutting down angles better.

Collins looked improved the year Shotty was gone.......then last year not so much again.

Harris had 3 lousy games and played well in the rest. He'll never match up with TO well as TO is just too strong for Harris style. I was surprised how poorly he played against Plaxico though.

RashanGary
04-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Last year it was WR, FB, TE, SS and RB.

Grant, Bigby, Donald Lee, Corey Hall and Jones/Jennings stepped up.

Hopefully we get similar improvement at FS, LG, SLB and nickle this year.

Oh yeah, then there is that QB thing.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:13 PM

I've been slowly getting pumped for Draft Day

We both loved Patrick Willis last year

I think this year the guy on D that will make a huge impact is Mayo; guy is a beast and is a tackling machine with a great attitude.

red
04-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Dam we think very alike

thats scares me, and makes me sad :cry:

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:21 PM
[quote=red]colledge for players, he needs to go

Dam we think very alike

thats scares me, and makes me sad :cry:[/quote

Yes, I bet you never thought of yourself as so smart :lol: :wink:

red
04-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Dam we think very alike

no, i never thought YOU were so smart, the way i always kick your ass in FF

Charles Woodson
04-12-2008, 03:28 PM

I think this year the guy on D that will make a huge impact is Mayo; guy is a beast and is a tackling machine with a great attitude.

the more i think about it, the less i aprove of us taking a corner in round 1 unless its one of the top 4 (DRC, Leodis, Talib, Jenkins)
Mayo is a ILB, so where would he go?
The reason though is that we need a CB, and there are some that can be had in round 2-4 that are good.

red
04-12-2008, 03:37 PM

the more i think about it, the less i aprove of us taking a corner in round 1 unless its one of the top 4 (DRC, Leodis, Talib, Jenkins)
The reason though is that we need a CB, and there are some that can be had in round 2-4 that are good.

i just saw a decent mock today (draft ace i think) that had jenkins falling to us

i'd crap myself if we could get him, drc, or mckelvin

i wouldn't mind taking a risk with one of our second rounders either and picking ikegwuonu to see if he can get healthy and be a huge steal in a year or two

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:39 PM

Mayo was once projected to go at the end of round one, but he's way too good to last to Green Bay. He began as an outside LB, excelled there, and then was moved to MLB out of necessity last year. Some teams project him as an OLB and some as a MLB. On Green Bay he'd replace Poppinga but the way we utilize that position it'd almost be a waste of talent on our defense. He'll be a player for somebody though.

I'm pretty sure the four CB's you mention will be gone by 30. Ted will go BPA in my opinion. CB is deep this year and there will be some good ones in round two as well. Kiper has Cason and Lee going in mid to late round two.

This is actually the perfect year to trade out of our first round pick and pick up another early 4th rounder to so.

I'm not sure about Flowers; everything I read about him says he's stellar, but he's still 5 9". That worries me.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:41 PM

i just saw a decent mock today (draft ace i think) that had jenkins falling to us

i wouldn't mind taking a risk with one of our second rounders either and picking ikegwuonu to see if he can get healthy and be a huge steal in a year or two

OK, now you are going nuts. Round 2 ?

I think we can wait til round 5 for Ike

Character issues, and now a very severe knee injury.

Might be worth a late pick and paying for his rehab

woodbuck27
04-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Collins looked improved the year Shotty was gone.......then last year not so much again.

Harris had 3 lousy games and played well in the rest. He'll never match up with TO well as TO is just too strong for Harris style. I was surprised how poorly he played against Plaxico though.

B.

TO and Burress are too strong for Al Harris. If the Giants had wanted to put us away in that game earlier then Tom Coughlan simply had to call Plaxico's number more. I was surprized he didn't do that.

PACKERS FOREVER!

red
04-12-2008, 03:47 PM

OK, now you are going nuts. Round 2 ?

I think we can wait til round 5 for Ike

Character issues, and now a very severe knee injury.

Might be worth a late pick and paying for his rehab

i've seen some people still saying he'll go in round 3, so the end of round 2 wouldn't be too much of a reach there

mcgahee had the same type of thing happen and he still went very high

TT will have a better idead then us about where he'll go

if we can get in in later rounds that would be great

as for trading down. i heard today a lot of teams are wanting to trade down, but no one is wanting to move up. the talent level just seems to be too consistent this year. not much reason for a team to jump up 10 or 15 spots

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Ike had a very good sophomore year and IMO didn't play well enough as a Junior to be drafted in round one.

He may be a first round talent; in fact I think he is. But I also think his attitude and character are questionable at best.

The criminal charge.....his post season interviews discussing how he's not sure if he wants to keep working that hard to keep the grades good enough to play football......to me he has plenty of issues there where I wouldn't be considering him til late round 5. I'd be all for it at that point.

packers11
04-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Shotty/Sanders...

The D is so vanilla... It makes me sick...

I could have a 1st grader draw up a little more creativity then these bird brains

Brando19
04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Getting back on track here, i believe the weakest link is Sanders in the coaching area (we should have been in the Super Bowl with the talent on that team) and Nick Collins in the players area (the guy isn't getting any better, it's time to play Rouse with Bigby and have the scariest Safties in the league.)

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I'll vote Sanders as well; not a huge fan of the system anymore......but definitely not of has simple packages

woodbuck27
04-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Getting back on track here, i believe the weakest link is Sanders in the coaching area (we should have been in the Super Bowl with the talent on that team) and Nick Collins in the players area (the guy isn't getting any better, it's time to play Rouse with Bigby and have the scariest Safties in the league.)

Let's hope for that.

Get the Ole ''Rock Em' Sock Em'. . . " back again!! Take the middle away.

RashanGary
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
It's supposed to be an extremely deep draft for OL so maybe we fix our line problems and solidify things in the future.

Other than that, I'm hoping for a really good DE and CB.

red
04-12-2008, 05:45 PM
It's supposed to be an extremely deep draft for OL so maybe we fix our line problems and solidify things in the future.

i think its nice and deep at the OT, and not so much in the middle

and i don't want us to keep drafting tackles and trying to convert them. lets just draft some guys that already know how to play the position

Joemailman
04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Have to say Colledge. If you have a weak link on your OL, then that weakens the whole line.

I tend to agree with Sanders as far as the coaches. He seems too slow to recognize and adjust to matchups that favor the opposing offense.

Bretsky
04-12-2008, 06:19 PM

Dam we think very alike

Yes, those were some crappy teams I lost to; still don't know how it happened :lol:

Lot of people lost their jobs over those two losses; whole new coaching staff in 08 :!:

red
04-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Dam we think very alike

Yes, those were some crappy teams I lost to; still don't know how it happened :lol:

Lot of people lost their jobs over those two losses; whole new coaching staff in 08 :!:

yeah, i fired my whole scouting department. the new teams already preparing for this years draft

i plan on fielding a good team this year and bring the rat title back to "TITLETOWN CPU" where it belongs

texaspackerbacker
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm pleased to say my candidate for weakest link retired ........... hell no! I meant the other guy--Rob Davis.

I like this Packer team. I don't see any really weak links. If I had to pick somebody, I suppose it would be Nick Collins--who I still hope snaps back to the way he played in his rookie season, or else is replaced by Rouse. The other possibility is Jon Ryan, who didn't do badly, but it seems like he played way below the standard we heard about when he was in Canada.

Schottenheimer is getting a bad rap from a lot of people. IMO, the Packers's fairly unique D-back scheme got them performance on a higher level than the individual abilities of the personnel. Furthermore, Bigby and to a lesser extent, Rouse came out of nowhere to be excellent players (add Blackmon and T. Williams to that). Maybe that's just a bunch of coincidental breakout seasons, or just maybe the D-Back coach is doing something right.

red
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
i'm sorry, when did bigby, rouse, blackmon and williams have a breakout season?

bigby had a few great games at the end of the season, but look pretty bad up until that point. i'd say the jury is still out as to what player he'll end up being. rouse was barely ever on the field this season, but does appear to have some nice upside.

blackmon had another injury year where he barely played, williams had a few nice plays, but you probably wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for the returns.

this is just a case of you making shit up out of the blue. the only guy you can even remotely say had a breakout year is atari

texaspackerbacker
04-12-2008, 09:58 PM
OK, how about "performed way above expectations" ? Either way, it seems to me to be evidence of good coaching.

Why all the hate for Schottenheimer--after a 13-3/14-4 season, no less?

I still say his scheme maximized the performance of the D-Backs too.

Brando19
04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
i'm sorry, when did bigby, rouse, blackmon and williams have a breakout season?

bigby had a few great games at the end of the season, but look pretty bad up until that point. i'd say the jury is still out as to what player he'll end up being. rouse was barely ever on the field this season, but does appear to have some nice upside.

blackmon had another injury year where he barely played, williams had a few nice plays, but you probably wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for the returns.

this is just a case of you making shit up out of the blue. the only guy you can even remotely say had a breakout year is atari

I never mentioned Williams or Blackmon, but Rouse played in only a few games and had an INT...how many interceptions did Collins have this year? Not many.

Guiness
04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Looking at players only...and starters at that...I'd be inclined to lean towards Colledge. However, I think he'll get a pass, because I don't think 3 yrs is too long to wait for an OL to develop.

If 3rd and 4th receivers were eligeable, I might say Koren Robinson. Can we call a nickel back a starter? Not far from it.

Anyways, not an easy task for a team that went 13-3!

So I think I'm left with Poppinga and Coston. An maybe whoever starts across from Picket?

I'm going Coston because he can't seem to stay on the field - we wouldn't be considering Colledge a starter if he could!

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Schott. No question.

woodbuck27
04-13-2008, 06:55 PM

That plus a guard.

Lurker64
04-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I've heard it's a much deeper draft at OT than it is at OG. That's not great for what we need, but who knows what will happen. Chilo Rachal would be a nice fit, if he's there in the second. He's got excellent athleticism and he's a nastier run-blocker than anybody we've currently got on the roster (Except maybe Barbre, and Rachal is more polished than Barbre).

Chester Marcol
04-14-2008, 08:33 AM
No mention of my favorite CB, Bush. I'm glad they finally gave up on him in the nickel but the clincher when he showed off his 10 cent head when he could have dropped on a fumble toward the end of the NFC Championship game but chose the higher percentage play of picking it up while planning his endzone dance. The great thing about HD is seeing how fast his excitement turned into an "Oh shit" in a split second. Even if he dropped on it and doesn't come up with the ball, you could at least respect he was trying to do the correct thing. Good bye!