PDA

View Full Version : Getting an itch...

ND72
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
So I've been in Fort Worth, Texas for the past week for the National Phy. Ed. Convention....First off, it's awesome down here in Texas, can't lie about that. Played on 1 AMAZING golf courses, www.thecliffsresort.com is the one I played today, look at it, it's amazing. But, being the dick I am, of COURSE I wore Packer stuff as much as possible. And because I tend to know a little about Texas, I purposely wore a Texas A&M hat all week as well. I got tons of shit for that as well. We went to the stockyards, Texas Motor Speedway, a couple malls, and whatever else. Things ARE bigger in Texas, no other/easier way to say it than that. So if any of you on PR are from this area, thanks...it's been awesome. BUT, I do miss Wisconsin a little bit.

BUT, for me, I feel really horrible. I just realized the draft is 2 weeks away, but I've been so busy this year, I haven't sat and really thought about it much, OR bought ANY magazines. I'm horrible. BUT I am getting the itch. I'm getting pumped for it. I saw a bunch of places have us taking Flowers from Va Tech...personally can't see it. Yes he's a physical corner, but he's a true cover 2 corner, not a man to man corner. I personally don't even think we're going to draft a corner in round 1.

Feel free to add on from any of my thoughts. I know there is a ton of other posts on this, but I had to start my own thread.

PS, don't like Cowboy fans.

BZnDallas
04-13-2008, 01:19 AM
hey ND72 glad you enjoyed yourself down here in the dirty south... i sport my cheese every chance i get and hear about it most of the time... i think its jealousy... they all know the real "Americas Team" resides in the great state of WI... i've been here in texas for about 18 years and i dig it... you certainly came during the right time of the year... except for the rain... and before the heat gets bad... i hope the ribbing you recieved was all in good fun, for the most part southern hospitality runs true... come back whenever you get a chance...

b
z

Bretsky
04-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Starting to get the itch too after listening to Mel Kiper for over an hour today

He seems to think Cason and Lee will slip well into the 2nd round

It'll be a crapshoot on who we pick round one, but I'd guess we take a CB with one of the top 3 picks

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 02:07 AM
A Texan, about 50, was visiting Wellington, New Zealand when he met a Maori...

Man. That is a great joke.... Belongs in the GC, though. :shock:

red
04-13-2008, 06:58 AM
don't buy the sporting news draft guide

its just horrible

they have drc and talib as like 4th round talents and they have 6 wr's as first round talents

they have jake long as a second rounder for crying out loud

sheepshead
04-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Starting to get the itch too after listening to Mel Kiper for over an hour today

He seems to think Cason and Lee will slip well into the 2nd round

It'll be a crapshoot on who we pick round one, but I'd guess we take a CB with one of the top 3 picks

It's damn.

Joemailman
04-13-2008, 08:59 AM

its just horrible

they have drc and talib as like 4th round talents and they have 6 wr's as first round talents

When did they print that? Thanksgiving? I subscribe online to the Sporting News War Room and they have Jake Long going 3rd overall in their mock. They do think he's a bit overrated and have him #13 on their overall player rankings.

red
04-13-2008, 09:01 AM

its just horrible

When did they print that? Thanksgiving? I subscribe online to the Sporting News War Room and they have Jake Long going 3rd overall in their mock. They do think he's a bit overrated and have him #13 on their overall player rankings.

i don't know when it was printed

maybe before the season?

its a waste anyways