PDA

View Full Version : Predit what Ted Does... (1st rounder)

packers11
04-13-2008, 11:57 AM
What will Ted do at #30?

Personally I think he is going to trade down because the skill level from the late first round to the second round isn't much of a difference... I could see Ted trying to grab another 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick for our late first rounder...

Thoughts???

red
04-13-2008, 12:07 PM
well the problem is, you can't just say you want to trade down and it just happens. you need a team that want to trade up

from what i have read there are a ton of teams wanting to trade down, but no one wanting to trade up this year

theres no reason too. the talent level doesn't change much at the end of the first round to the end of the second

teams will rather sit and wait and pick from the same quality players that are left at their spot

Bretsky
04-13-2008, 12:09 PM
IMO Ted would really like to trade down; the problem is there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the last 1st rounders and 2nd rounders so I don't think he'll have any takers.

If somebody falls TT really likes...maybe a Jonathon Stewart...he'll grab him unless he gets a good offer.

Because IMO not many will look to move up I think we are stuck there

red
04-13-2008, 12:10 PM
IMO Ted would really like to trade down; the problem is there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the last 1st rounders and 2nd rounders so I don't think he'll have any takers.

If somebody falls TT really likes...maybe a Jonathon Stewart...he'll grab him unless he gets a good offer.

quit copying what i say

it really doesn't make you look any smarter

people know you're just trying to be like me

Bretsky
04-13-2008, 12:11 PM

quit copying what i say

it really doesn't make you look any smarter

people know you're just trying to be like me

Yes, I posted and then I saw that bunk you posted......right before me.
DAMMIT :!:

Mine sounded better anyways :lol:

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 12:18 PM
If you ask me, this is THE year for TT to go apeshit and trade up! Great footballers on the board and we have a pretty set starting lieup with decent (not great) depth!

TT has a tonne of picks and goes up this year to make a splash....

GrnBay007
04-13-2008, 12:19 PM
What will our Ted do?

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/uploads/av-45.jpg

:P

Joemailman
04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Ted has never made a 1st round trade in Green Bay. He could trade down if there were a player who drops much lower than expected, and another team wants to trade up to get the player. The Dallss/Cleveland/Brady Quinn trade is a good example.

Gunakor
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Depends on how the draft unflolds leading up to #30. If there is a corner or tackle there of great value, TT will pick at that spot. If all of the first round value is gone at positions of relative need, he'll likely trade down to try to get say a mid second and probably 1 or 2 additional day 2 picks. I don't see him trading up in the first. Maybe he'd trade up in the second round if he felt it was worth it, but I don't think we have the ammunition to move up very far in the first round. 5 to 8 spots maybe, but I don't see the value at #22 that wouldn't be there at #30 that would justify giving up extra picks in later rounds. Especially considering how well TT has drafted in the middle rounds.

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't see the value at #22 that wouldn't be there at #30 that would justify giving up extra picks in later rounds. Especially considering how well TT has drafted in the middle rounds.

Interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. I feel this year, TT can trade up and grab a God!

red
04-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't see the value at #22 that wouldn't be there at #30 that would justify giving up extra picks in later rounds. Especially considering how well TT has drafted in the middle rounds.

Interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. I feel this year, TT can trade up and grab a God!

which "god" do you have in mind?

no one in this draft really hits me as a must have world beater. except for mcfadden

red
04-13-2008, 01:00 PM
What will our Ted do?

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/uploads/av-45.jpg

:P

that pic made me spit out my coke lol

where did you find that one?

GrnBay007
04-13-2008, 01:11 PM
:D just found it poking around other sites looking for a new siggy. Our ET (Einstein Ted) :P

Gunakor
04-13-2008, 01:37 PM

I agree, but what's the cost? How many picks would you be willing to deal to move up that far? I wouldn't. As great as TT has been in the middle rounds of his drafts, I would think there's more value in those 3 picks combined than there is in the one player we'd get for dealing them. We wouldn't be able to trade up into the top ten if we wanted to (which I'm sure we don't with rookie salaries the way they are nowadays), and nobody below #10 is such a talent that would justify trading away half a draft for.

The only trade up I'd be okay with is if they were to say trade thier #30 and #91 pick to move up to #26 or #27. That would put Green Bay ahead of Dallas, who seems extremely interested in Antoine Cason (a player I think would be a perfect fit for Green Bay). Of course, that would depend on the Jaguars' or the Chargers' willingness to do a deal as well.

If TT were to trade up, it's more likely that he uses #56 and #60 to move up into the middle part of the second round. If he doesn't get his cornerback in the first, then I'd definitely try to trade up in the second to land a Brandon Flowers or a Justin King - both of which I don't expect to fall all the way to #56.

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM

no one in this draft really hits me as a must have world beater. except for mcfadden

Wow, then I must be an idiot for having suggested it, huh, Red?

red
04-13-2008, 01:47 PM

no no, i'm just curious. i'm not ripping on you

just no one stands out to me this year, i was wondering who did for you

KYPack
04-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I keep hearing the same deal. Eveybody wants to trade down this go round.

I can't see a 30th pick having any kind of trade value. In a draft without many top guys, why would anybody want our near second round pick?

Patler
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I can't see a 30th pick having any kind of trade value. In a draft without many top guys, why would anybody want our near second round pick?

I doubt you could trade up with it, just down, and then it would have to be with a team that suddenly still sees a player at #30 that they have rated much higher than that, and probably at a position they need. It would likely have to be with a team within the first 5-6 picks of the second round, who is willing to throw in their 3rd or their 4th plus something else just to move up less than about 8 spots or so. Plus, there would have to be no one at #30 that TT is particularly excited about, at least no one much better than what he thinks he can get early in the second.

Its a tough deal to make.

Lurker64
04-13-2008, 06:36 PM
The only way I can really see a trade happening is if one of the top QBs drops, and either Kansas City or Atlanta (or Baltimore, if they don't take Ryan) want to jump up over Miami (assuming they don't take Ryan #1 overall) to pick up Brohm or Flacco. Other than that I can't really see us trading down much more than 10 or so spots from where we are unless the offer is very good.

Still, I wouldn't be at all surprised for Thompson to trade the #30 overall pick to Atlanta for the #34 pick and Atlanta's fourth or fifth. The Falcons have a lot of picks and not a lot of Quarterbacks.

Tarlam!
04-13-2008, 06:56 PM

no no, i'm just curious. i'm not ripping on you

just no one stands out to me this year, i was wondering who did for you

I think my point is, the way the team is set, TT could throw everything at 1-2 guys. Whomever he thinks those guys are. We have a great team already. He has so much cash it's not funny.

So if TT decides to take a Shermin on us, I 4 1, am OK with it. TT knows his players. I don't believe he reaches. If he trades up, it will be a godlike footballer. That was all I was saying.

sheepshead
04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
What will Ted do at #30?

Personally I think he is going to trade down because the skill level from the late first round to the second round isn't much of a difference... I could see Ted trying to grab another 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick for our late first rounder...

Thoughts???

Any GM, I mean any GM would get out of the first round if they could. If something resembling value comes knocking - he's out of there. don't look for it though. Until a rookie salary cap is established-get out! Look, teams are thinking of forfeiting!

texaspackerbacker
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I have to go along with Tarlam on this one.

The reason to trade down just ain't there this year. The Packers are beyond needing a bunch of players to build up depth.

I wouldn't automatically assume Thompson will trade up either, but if somebody of superior quality was ripe for the picking AND/OR another team was offering to trade their pick for a decent, maybe bargain price, it could happen. I doubt Thompson would be the one to initiate the conversation, though.

Lurker64
04-13-2008, 11:10 PM
The reason to trade down just ain't there this year. The Packers are beyond needing a bunch of players to build up depth.

At the same time though, star players can be found in any round. You draft guys because you think they have the shot at being a good player, but you're not guaranteed of anything. If Ted is looking at drafting, say a OT, and he has about five guys on his board that he grades out just about even (any of them have a shot at being a longterm starter in this league), and he has an opportunity to trade down about six spots for another pick, it still makes sense to do so even if we're not fishing for depth.

If Ted is in the first round looking at drafting a CB and he has Cason, Flowers, and Lee on the board with approximately equal trade and Atlanta wants to trade up ahead of Miami to get Brohm, there's no reason not to make that tread assuming it's a good value. If you think guys have an equal grade, you think they have a pretty much equal chance of being a quality player in the league.

There's always a reason to trade down, and it's not just "you're looking for depth", sometimes it's just the best value move.

Guiness
04-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Depends on how the draft unflolds leading up to #30. If there is a corner or tackle there of great value, TT will pick at that spot. If all of the first round value is gone at positions of relative need, he'll likely trade down to try to get say a mid second and probably 1 or 2 additional day 2 picks. I don't see him trading up in the first. Maybe he'd trade up in the second round if he felt it was worth it, but I don't think we have the ammunition to move up very far in the first round. 5 to 8 spots maybe, but I don't see the value at #22 that wouldn't be there at #30 that would justify giving up extra picks in later rounds. Especially considering how well TT has drafted in the middle rounds.

I think you've got it here Gunakor. Depends on how things unfold, which is why so many of the trades go down on draft day. If everyone knew who was going to be on the board at certain picks, all the trades would be made weeks in advance!

That's why I can see it going either way. If there's a guy TT likes in the first round hanging around, I could see him jumping a few spots - Cason comes to mind, and he could be concerned Dallas is going to grab him. I can see him giving up a 6th or something to move up.

What I don't see him doing is packaging up a bunch of picks to move up 15 slots to get one of the bigger names. I just don't think he believes in that, and would rather roll the dice that he'll find a starter later (see thread about 4th round or later starters!)

I also agree that he's more likely to move up in the second round. That same 6th rounder will move you up 3-4 slots in the first, but probably 10 slots in the second. Or someone in need of WR help might come knocking. I would think he'd be willing to trade anyone outside of DD and Jennings. Martin, Jones and Robinson could all be had.

Gunakor
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

I think you've got it here Gunakor. Depends on how things unfold, which is why so many of the trades go down on draft day. If everyone knew who was going to be on the board at certain picks, all the trades would be made weeks in advance!

That's why I can see it going either way. If there's a guy TT likes in the first round hanging around, I could see him jumping a few spots - Cason comes to mind, and he could be concerned Dallas is going to grab him. I can see him giving up a 6th or something to move up.

What I don't see him doing is packaging up a bunch of picks to move up 15 slots to get one of the bigger names. I just don't think he believes in that, and would rather roll the dice that he'll find a starter later (see thread about 4th round or later starters!)

I also agree that he's more likely to move up in the second round. That same 6th rounder will move you up 3-4 slots in the first, but probably 10 slots in the second. Or someone in need of WR help might come knocking. I would think he'd be willing to trade anyone outside of DD and Jennings. Martin, Jones and Robinson could all be had.

Agreed, but the ONLY trade up in the first round I could imagine would be to move up a couple slots to get ahead of Dallas to grab Cason. I don't think TT would get away with dealing #30 and a sixth rounder to move up 5 spots though. He'd likely have to deal his 4th along with #30 to move up to #24-27, which I'd be more than okay with should he do it. He does have that extra 4th round compensatory pick.

If he doesn't do that, and Cason doesn't fall to us, I don't know what he'd do with #30. I'd think he could package #56 and #60 together to move up into the upper half of the second round, and grab Brandon Flowers or Justin King to fill our need at nickelback. We need depth on the O-Line, but I don't know what the value will be at those 2 positions at the end of the first round. Most of the good ones at both positions are slated to go top 20. Defensive end maybe? KGB is nearing the end of his contract, and Cullen Jenkins became very average last season after a breakout 2006 season.

cheesner
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
There's always a reason to trade down, and it's not just "you're looking for depth", sometimes it's just the best value move.

I agree. Its like 2 years ago when TT traded down in the 2nd. Posters became irate because they wanted Chad Jackson at 36 and we ended up getting Greg Jennings at 52. TT had GJ ranked ahead of Chad, he knew he could draft a better player later, so he traded down. That worked out pretty well.

KYPack
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM

I agree. Its like 2 years ago when TT traded down in the 2nd. Posters became irate because they wanted Chad Jackson at 36 and we ended up getting Greg Jennings at 52. TT had GJ ranked ahead of Chad, he knew he could draft a better player later, so he traded down. That worked out pretty well.

I've got guilt on this one.

Jackson tore up at the combines. He did great in all those wierd drills they have, so I thought he was an all-timer. I was pissed when we traded out of the spot to snare him. It was wasted energy

That year convinced me to peruse Packer Rats, & sit back and watch the draft unfold. The basic fan just doesn't know enough about these guys to even make an informed guess. Nutz and that mob really do study this stuff and they come close, but nobody has the data the teams have, so let 'em do there work.

Unless you are a Raider fan. You know they are gonna fuck it up.

The Leaper
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm guessing we pick at #30...with about 95% certainty.

If we did move, I would venture a guess that the chances were slightly higher that we would move up than down. I don't see Ted trading down unless someone gives him a crazy good deal to do so...and I don't see that scenario happening for pick #30. Ted could move up if he saw someone falling into the mid 20s that he felt was a clear top 20 talent in an area of need.

red
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM

If we did move, I would venture a guess that the chances were slightly higher that we would move up than down. I don't see Ted trading down unless someone gives him a crazy good deal to do so...and I don't see that scenario happening for pick #30. Ted could move up if he saw someone falling into the mid 20s that he felt was a clear top 20 talent in an area of need.

the problem with that leaper is that you can make a strong argument that we really don't have any clear needs

i'd say most of us on here would say that we need a CB the worst, maybe thats because thats all we've been hearing this offseason after one lousy game by harris. it might have just been drilled in our minds long enough, and we've been saying it enough, that we think we really need a CB

for all we really know, drafting a CB or TE, or OG might be the farthest thing from tt's mind. he might like what he has there

we really have no clue what he'll do. he'll throw us a curveball no matter what we think

the_idle_threat
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
we really have no clue what he'll do. he'll throw us a curveball no matter what we think

He's gonna draft a power forward. You heard it here first.

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm looking at one of the following to be our's at #30:

Reggie Smith JR S Oklahoma (but . . he has to fall to us)

Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona **

Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas **

Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech **

** All in the ballpark for TT to pick.

Guiness
04-15-2008, 03:10 AM

He's gonna draft a power forward. You heard it here first.

BOMNF

hockey or basketball?

the_idle_threat
04-15-2008, 03:13 AM
I was thinking basketball. Truth be told, I didn't even know there was such a position in hockey. :oops:

But if he drafts some guy who played the position in hockey or basketball, in college or even high school, I'm bumpin the hell outta this thread. :lol:

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 07:29 AM

Youre crazy-any GM would get out of the first round if the opportunity presented itself. in a heartbeat. Look, the Dolphins cant give that pick away-there's talk about teams passing on their pick.

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Youre crazy-any GM would get out of the first round if the opportunity presented itself. in a heartbeat. Look, the Dolphins cant give that pick away-there's talk about teams passing on their pick.

Well, if your logic is correct that everyone wants out of that spot, then who in the NFL will want to move into it?

You are crazy if you are claiming no one wants to be in that #30 spot...yet also claiming that Thompson will easily find someone who wants to trade into that spot. You can't have it both ways.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 08:00 AM

Well, if your logic is correct that everyone wants out of that spot, then who in the NFL will want to move into it?

You are crazy if you are claiming no one wants to be in that #30 spot...yet also claiming that Thompson will easily find someone who wants to trade into that spot. You can't have it both ways.

Hey Einstein. That's the point. There are no takers. Until the NFL gets a rookie salary cap. The 1st round of the NFL draft is the biggest overrated expensive crapshot in all of sports. If 'value' presented itself, TT or any GM would jump at it. In a heart beat. The problem is. No one wants to be in the first round, not really.

Where did I say TT would easily find a trade partner? Teams are stuck with a first round pick. Look back on previous drafts You wont recognize 2/3 of the names.

Anyone know who Tony Smith is? He's tied to the Packers but never played here.

Guiness
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM

I don't know that it's that bad yet, but I tend to agree with sheepshead - I think most teams that are at the very top of the board, and some near the middle, would just as soon be picking later. Especially this year, when a couple of the players in the top 5 are DT's??? Rookie's are paid based on draft position, not playing position (Sorry Quinn) and who wants to pay a DT that kind of money - they are one of the lower paid positions in the nfl, which is why we could get away with franchising Williams like we did.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Quinn was the best, his agents actually wanted money equal to where they THOUGHT he should have been drafted. That just tells you how fvcked up this is and the negative impact it has on a team. The trickle down effect is there. The need to start the guy right away even is he's not ready. If he becomes one of the 67% that arent even in the league in 5 years....

So..anyone get the Tony Smith question without using google?

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM

So more than not TT uses our #30 spot to pick his player rated highest on his board.

GOD doesn't even know who that will be. Anything else is just pure fun and speculation. :D

Now I'll come back with this:

We also pick at 56 and 60 in the second round. So when our turn comes at #30 TT has 10% of the next 31 best players to choose from. At that point in time he knows exactly his position. "It is as it is."

TT will only trade down if the offer comes from a team picking early in the second round. It's "the Ole circle shake". What will happen will depend on another teams needs and the possibility of an offer to TT as that is his style to trade down and mostly that offer being accpeptable to TT.

GOD doesn't know what TT will do? :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Where did I say TT would easily find a trade partner? Teams are stuck with a first round pick.

Which is why I said I'm 95% sure we are going to pick at #30. However, I guess I'm crazy.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 11:34 AM
ok goofball, now youre just cherry picking my quotes for your own edification.

Fritz
04-15-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm sorry - I can't let that boldface line go unchallenged. Who, pray tell, is the genius GM who is actually discussing the possibility of simply passing up his first round pick? Please name the "there's talk" - whose talk?

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 12:05 PM

I'm sorry - I can't let that boldface line go unchallenged. Who, pray tell, is the genius GM who is actually discussing the possibility of simply passing up his first round pick? Please name the "there's talk" - whose talk?

That (some teams want to trade their First Round pick) shouldn't be difficult for sheepshead to support or back-up. Teams are very aware of the cost of doing business with a first rounder.

Seriously how many teams really believe they will put together a possible Super Bowl contender? How many teams are light years from ever getting there?

Teams exist for the market. For fans that love football period. Some fans, I'm one of them. Expect the playoffs and for our team to go deep into the playoffs and Super Bowl appearances.

After that.

Let the best team that day win.

Some teams want to run it as close to realistic as possible as their team has little hope. Why pay the cost of a first round pick when this draft is deep into the second and early third rounds?

Packers Forever!

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Just from memory over the last few weeks, I believe the Dolphins floated the idea and somebody asked the league if there would be any ramifications if a team passed and they said no. I just saw that ruling the other day. I think Florio had the 'fins thing.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM

I think Sheephead wrote it and then read what he wrote. Therefore it was in "print."

And, you can trust everything you read. :roll:

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 12:16 PM

I think Sheephead wrote it and then read what he wrote. Therefore it was in "print."

blow me

Lurker64
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM

I heard the idea floated on ESPN radio a couple of weekends ago and the concept was like this: "The Dolphins have 6 or so players that they would be willing to take #1 overall and that they grade out very close to each other. The fifth or sixth pick of the draft will get paid a lot less than the first pick of the draft, and paying someone #1 overall money and having him be a bust is disastrous for a franchise longterm because of the cap hell it puts you in. It's practically impossible to trade out of the #1 spot (teams have been trying to do so for years) and particularly in this year when there's no "must have" franchise maker talent. So it might make the most sense for the Dolphins to just continue to pass their picks until they are down to 1-2 or the players that they would be willing to take #1 overall, and then just pick that guy at #5 or #6 and end up paying a whole lot less for him."

The guys on ESPN discussing it seemed to think it wasn't a bad idea, but only Parcells is really ballsy enough to to pull it off.

Nobody is really thinking of passing out of the first round entirely. I mean, the last pick in the first round and the first pick in the second round don't have that dramatic a difference in how much they get paid. Plus, at the rate that #30 overall picks get paid, it's really not economically crippling if you take a chance on a guy and he doesn't turn out to be that great.

Unlike, say, if Jamarcus Russell turns out to be a bad NFL QB, the Raiders are in a lot of trouble considering how much they guaranteed him.

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
So it might make the most sense for the Dolphins to just continue to pass their picks until they are down to 1-2 or the players that they would be willing to take #1 overall, and then just pick that guy at #5 or #6 and end up paying a whole lot less for him.

It makes NO sense to me. That is playing with fire IMO. Once you forfeit your pick, you have no guarantee where you are going to end up. There could be 10 teams there turning in a draft card the minute your pick expires, and the Dolphins could suddenly be on the outside looking in...no one would know until the cards were sorted out in the order they arrived at the podium.

The only way I could see Parcells moving back like this was to make an agreement with the team behind him each time up...telling them he'll make the pick for them and trade player for pick afterwards. This allows Miami to steadily move back in a timely fashion without the mad dash for the podium that could result in crazy stuff.

red
04-15-2008, 02:18 PM

no, its legit. i've heard it too. it was either talked about yesterday on espn or nfl network

but there are teams thinking about skipping their picks

its not that bad, the next guy just has to go in their place and the original picker i think can jump back in whenever they want

its not like the forfeit the pick, they just drop down a spot

they end up still getting the guy they want but at a lower spot and for less money

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Good to see there are some folks paying attention on here. Bravo, not just the lemmings that cant seem to think for themselves.

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
any GM would get out of the first round if the opportunity presented itself

Last year, the late picks got around 5y/$10-12M contracts with $5-6M guaranteed. Hardly damaging to a team's salary cap. It's the first 8 picks that teams try to trade out of. Those guys get ridiculous contracts, and half of them don't pan out.

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
It would probably be best if you keep the name calling to JSO. It doesn't work that well here--if you are interested in a decent discussion.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
It would probably be best if you keep the name calling to JSO. It doesn't work that well here--if you are interested in a decent discussion.

Gee whiz thanks for the lecture I didnt sign up for-but I didnt start it. Scroll up. My opinion was attacked with name calling and cut and paste questions.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-15-2008, 02:45 PM

blow me

I'm straight. But, it is cool if you are gay. All are welcome here.

I'm glad you feel secure enough to let everyone know you sexual proclivities.

Sheepshead is here, he is queer...GET OVER IT.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 03:31 PM
ok, no ones bitting on todays trivia, Tony Smith was drafted in the first round of the 1992 draft by the Atlanta Falcons with a pick from the Green Bay Packers for one, Brett Favre. Ironically Tony attended college at Southern Mississippi. Gotta think those Falcons fans were all excited: "oh boy we dumped this hayseed from our bench and got the next Eric Dickerson."

Just a fun example of the folly of the first round of the NFL draft.

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Good to see there are some folks paying attention on here. Bravo, not just the lemmings that cant seem to think for themselves.

Easy Sailor.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 04:15 PM
excuse me?

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
excuse me?

E-a-s-y S-a-i-l-o-r.

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM

blow me

sheepshead. Make sure he has the strength. :D

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
excuse me?

E-a-s-y S-a-i-l-o-r.

i can read--not sure what you want. you can email me if youd like

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
excuse me?

E-a-s-y S-a-i-l-o-r.

E-A-S-Y's Gooood.

but S-A-I-L-O-R !??

Let's keep this on the forum. We don't need the Navy. . . . . yet. Nor the Marines.

PACKERS FOREVER and aren't we having fun. :D

Guiness
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
no, its legit. i've heard it too. it was either talked about yesterday on espn or nfl network

but there are teams thinking about skipping their picks

its not that bad, the next guy just has to go in their place and the original picker i think can jump back in whenever they want

its not like the forfeit the pick, they just drop down a spot

they end up still getting the guy they want but at a lower spot and for less money

That's pretty wild. I didn't realize that a team could jump back in at any time after they passed on a pick!

That has the potential to create some really neat chaos. Miami waits its 15 minutes, and doesn pick. St-L at #2 decides it has no great desire to pay #1 money either, so they don't pick. #3, #4...all of a sudden, KC at #5 or something is looking at the #1 overall...and you've got 4 teams sitting there with open tickets????

Man would I pay money to see Parcells, AD (he is the GM, right?) and Jay Zygmunt slugging it out to be the next guy to the podium!

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Gee whiz thanks for the lecture I didnt sign up for-but I didnt start it. Scroll up. My opinion was attacked with name calling and cut and paste questions.

Maybe you should scroll back up and re-read.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM

blow me

sheepshead. Make sure he has the strength. :D

Wow. THanks for confirming he is a homosexual...why else would he be concerned if i had the strength?

I think it is great that an ol' codger like you is so open minded.

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 08:32 PM
excuse me?

E-a-s-y S-a-i-l-o-r.

i can read--not sure what you want. you can email me if youd like

I am just telling you there is no reason to get so pissed off because one or two guys bust your balls. Shrug it off, be cool.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I wasnt pissed off at all. I was actually complimenting the folks that chimed in and referred to the others as lemmings. Is lemmings not allowed? and who are you and why do you care and why do you choose to put this in a public forum rather than email me as i asked?

Perhaps it's you that needs to "go easy".

red
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
go away

and take tex back with you

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
I wasnt pissed off at all. I was actually complimenting the folks that chimed in and referred to the others as lemmings. Is lemmings not allowed? and who are you and why do you care and why do you choose to put this in a public forum rather than email me as i asked?

I don't like people on here called lemmings. I think it really shows a lack of respect on your part. Put that in an email.

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
go away

I like Tex, he balances out Harlan.

red
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
go away

he's fine unless he's in a political thread. then theres no point what so ever in trying to have a conversation. and you can expect to be called every name in the book if you don't agree with him 100%

and unfortunately, the whole romper room has turned into politics

we need one FYI thread again. merge em all.

then i know where not to go

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
go away

he's fine unless he's in a political thread. then theres no point what so ever in trying to have a conversation. and you can expect to be called every name in the book if you don't agree with him 100%

Its that time of year. It will go on for the next 6 months. It was going on before Tex got here. He didn't start any of the threads.

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 09:38 PM
It is not that I dislike Sheepshead. I don't even know the guy, but I think it is poor taste to call a bunch of people followers on a forum he just walked into. Thats all.

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
The good thing about Tex is that there are about 5 liberals that actively talk politics... mostly amongst themselves. Tex is an extremist, but he takes them all on by himself.
:D

red
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
It is not that I dislike Sheepshead. I don't even know the guy, but I think it is poor taste to call a bunch of people followers on a forum he just walked into. Thats all.

he seems to be pretty aggressive towards most people on here, plus he's new

most of us left JSO and ended up here because we were trying to get away from shit like that. it starts simple, and the next thing you know people are getting hacked and having there personal info posted

i'd hate for this place to start to turn towards that, so i watch for the little signs

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 09:49 PM

most of us left JSO and ended up here because we were trying to get away from shit like that. it starts simple, and the next thing you know people are getting hacked and having there personal info posted

i'd hate for this place to start to turn towards that, so i watch for the little signs

I am too big of an asshole to really comment. I am a jerk off to other people on here, but I have also been around the same people on this forum for almost three years, I have a pretty good understanding when somebody is being an ass muncher.

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM

Anybody listending to ESPN this morning interviewing some media guys, Chris Carter being one of them, will have confirmation that the Dolphins were considering this. It was actually a topic of discussion as to whether it would be right or wrong of them to do this.

Dang I wish I were outside sales; I pick up a lot of info when listening to ESPN Radio.

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 09:57 PM

All over ESPN radio this morning on Mike and Mike interviews. Chris Carter was in the middle of the discussion.

Miami isn't sold on any player being better than the next 3-4; by passing on the pick it was their belief they might save some bucks. This year is a weird draft; does anybody really stick out as being worthy of the top pick in a draft ??

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
go away

Hey Dumbass, this is what happens during free agency when you are a Packer Fan :lol:

Go find some more scouts so your team is better in FFL ! :wink:

red
04-15-2008, 10:09 PM
nice triple post dickhead

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Can't fit all that IQ into one post :lol:

GoPackGo
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Thats not true. We have threads about burgers, video games, business mergers, and african kids playing with cow vaginas

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Anybody listending to ESPN this morning interviewing some media guys, Chris Carter being one of them, will have confirmation that the Dolphins were considering this. It was actually a topic of discussion as to whether it would be right or wrong of them to do this.

I don't seriously doubt that teams at the top of the draft have thought about this, and I still think it's a possibility that the Vikings did this on purpose a few years back. Would have been a brilliant move--except for the P.R. hit they took. However, to insinuate that even teams near the bottom of the first round think about this is a little much. It's not like they'd be saving themselves much money. Guys at the bottom end get about $2M/year. It isn't going to hurt a teams cap much if a player doesn't pan out.

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM

I don't seriously doubt that teams at the top of the draft have thought about this, and I still think it's a possibility that the Vikings did this on purpose a few years back. Would have been a brilliant move--except for the P.R. hit they took. However, to insinuate that even teams near the bottom of the first round think about this is a little much. It's not like they'd be saving themselves much money. Guys at the bottom end get about $2M/year. It isn't going to hurt a teams cap much if a player doesn't pan out.

Teams doing this open themselves up to holdout disasters. Especially at the top.

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Maybe you should scroll back up and re-read.

Lord bless us all. Even the righteous. :D

Harvey you have no idea how hard it is, and the amount of respect it takes for the very good people like yourself. To not go into outright namecalling WARFARE.

Thank GOD we can easily Nuke their pea brains with the language. :D

PACKERS FOREVER!

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM

Harvey let's all just get on our knee's and pray.

HELP US!

The Pre-season games testosterone is evident again. The ball busting bats a 2 for 1 offer at Walmart.

Even at Packerrats. Who knew!?

PACKERS FOREVER!

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 11:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Glad to have you back, woody. You seem more like your old self nowadays. How's life in Canada? Who are you rooting for in the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Bretsky
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM

HELP US!

The Pre-season games testosterone is evident again. The ball busting bats a 2 for 1 offer at Walmart.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Me calling Red a dumbass and him calling me a dickhead was pure humor woody as a FYI

We tend to give each other much crap as every year we tend to face off in PR fantasy football and have pretty similar views

This was just good jestering

Red is feeling the pressure of trying to hire a new fantasy football staff because he knows I Jerry Jones'd my entire staff when the game plan broken down and we were eliminated in the playoffs by those dam Red Raiders

red
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah woody, b's my arch nemesis

we gotta give each other crap just to make it through this FF offseason

sheepshead
04-16-2008, 02:08 AM

I don't like people on here called lemmings. I think it really shows a lack of respect on your part. Put that in an email.

actually, i dont know enough people on here to generalize, i was talking about posters that discuss the nfl draft in general on any number of boards nd it was intended to further compliment the guys that took sometime to think about what i was saying before posting. If this is your oversensitivity, I think YOU my friend have the problem and should consider somewhere else to spend time rather than a forum devoted to the NFL>

Tarlam!
04-16-2008, 02:59 AM
The name calling and arrogant style of Sheepshead's posting is not any surprise to me. Some of you may recall I alluded to this when I welcomed him to the forum.

Sheepshead, you must have a huge ego to suggest one of the most knowledgeable and, if I may so so, repected members on this site should spend time elsewhere. But Nutz is perfectly capable of defending himself.

You will have noticed a certain amount of shit and name calling being slung by some of the members here, but, it is not really the "norm". You might be interested to know, many members got together to watch a game last year, so a lot of that behaviour stems from actually "knowing" the member that is getting dumped upon.

This is not JSO. Indeed, this forum was created to get away from JSO. I would politely ask you, Sheepshead, from using personal attacks on people's intelligence in your posts. Nobody has anything against a solid football disagreement. You seem to know your stuff, so you don't need to rely on name calling to draw attention to your football IQ.

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 03:13 AM

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Glad to have you back, woody. You seem more like your old self nowadays. How's life in Canada? Who are you rooting for in the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Life good? Yup. Great.

I'm back home in the Maritimes for a vacation Harvey. Thanks for asking. :D

and rooting for:

The next Stanley Cup Champions:

Les Habitants de Montreal. The Montreal Canadians Harvey. :D

They just went 3 up on the Bruins last night.

GO HABS GO !

Guiness
04-16-2008, 03:17 AM
hey - anyone going to comment on my scenario of Miami passing, and Atlanta saying 'I'm not f@#$ paying #1 money either!" and passing, and it having a knock on effect?

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 03:23 AM

HELP US!

PACKERS FOREVER!

Me calling Red a dumbass and him calling me a dickhead was pure humor woody as a FYI

We tend to give each other much crap as every year we tend to face off in PR fantasy football and have pretty similar views

This was just good jestering

Red is feeling the pressure of trying to hire a new fantasy football staff because he knows I Jerry Jones'd my entire staff when the game plan broken down and we were eliminated in the playoffs by those dam Red Raiders

Ohhh I got that B. and Red, but get a load of the scene with me and "the Weed Twins" . . Buggins and Plough Boy.

That's a riot. :D I just can't get a grip on these two clowns. Why they don't head for higher ground, because I'm pissing all over them.

Nicely. :D

Goooooo TT.

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 03:33 AM
hey - anyone going to comment on my scenario of Miami passing, and Atlanta saying 'I'm not f@#$ paying #1 money either!" and passing, and it having a knock on effect?

Hey Guiness it would save the teams a lot of $bucks$.

Everyone pass's in the first round and the show begins in round two with the TOP Rookies getting round two money.

Of course Ole Ted "Money Bags" Thompson might want to chip away some of his loot and grap a pick and screw it up. :D

Guiness
04-16-2008, 04:08 AM
One thing for sure if Miami, or another top team passed - the PA would lay an egg...iff two teams passed, they'd birth a cow!

It could throw the rookie salary scale out of wack...usually a player get a few % over what last year's player in that spot got.

So, if no one got taken #1, would the guy the following year get a few % over the guy from 2 yrs ago? I'm sure the agent would take a page out of Quinn's book, and say he should get a few % more than what someone would've gotten if they had been chosen #1! :lol:

sheepshead
04-16-2008, 07:21 AM
The name calling and arrogant style of Sheepshead's posting is not any surprise to me. Some of you may recall I alluded to this when I welcomed him to the forum.

Sheepshead, you must have a huge ego to suggest one of the most knowledgeable and, if I may so so, repected members on this site should spend time elsewhere. But Nutz is perfectly capable of defending himself.

You will have noticed a certain amount of shit and name calling being slung by some of the members here, but, it is not really the "norm". You might be interested to know, many members got together to watch a game last year, so a lot of that behaviour stems from actually "knowing" the member that is getting dumped upon.

This is not JSO. Indeed, this forum was created to get away from JSO. I would politely ask you, Sheepshead, from using personal attacks on people's intelligence in your posts. Nobody has anything against a solid football disagreement. You seem to know your stuff, so you don't need to rely on name calling to draw attention to your football IQ.

it was a compliment, an off hand comment on draft boards in general. There are thousands of draft boards, With every silly scenario about trading up or down or this idea and that idea. I have not spent enough time on here to generalize about anyone. if you're going to lecture me, please do your homework and be prepared to back up your statements. I have explained this twice, I dont know you nor do I know the other guy. But if all you have to do with your time is pick nouns from peoples posts and lecture them about their use or PERCEIVED USE-you both seriously need to get a bloody life man (or woman).

In addition, I dont buy your position at all, since you have so much time on your hands, look at how my comments were attacked. Instead of asking me nicely and civilly if I had sources, I was slammed pretty good and a few posters came to my defense.

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM

Here is the problem, so many of the teams in the top 5 have so many needs. Atlanta sure does need a QB, but their defensive line interior really sucks ass right now too. Why should they break the bank if more than one targeted player is still on the board?

Miami should really start negotiations with 5 prospects and the lowest offer accepted should be their guy, its how you should buy a house.

Scott Campbell
04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
I just can't get a grip.........

Well said.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM

I have to concur with Red.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM

actually, i dont know enough people on here to generalize, i was talking about posters that discuss the nfl draft in general on any number of boards nd it was intended to further compliment the guys that took sometime to think about what i was saying before posting. If this is your oversensitivity, I think YOU my friend have the problem and should consider somewhere else to spend time rather than a forum devoted to the NFL>

Do you not see how insulting your post is?

Perhaps those "lemmings" read your post, thought about it, and decided it was for shit.

Keep up with the attitude...the dale carnegie course is working wonders.

Guiness
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Here is the problem, so many of the teams in the top 5 have so many needs. Atlanta sure does need a QB, but their defensive line interior really sucks ass right now too. Why should they break the bank if more than one targeted player is still on the board?

Miami should really start negotiations with 5 prospects and the lowest offer accepted should be their guy, its how you should buy a house.

Not quite following you here Nutz - can you pull your head out from between the legs of the lovely dame I'm sure you're entertaining long enough to clarify?

I think you're saying that teams at the top have so many problems that it makes sense for them to do this?

I do like your idea for Miami. Again though, can you imagine the agent's reactions to tactics like that! Say Miami took the money paid out for last year's choice, discounted it 5%, put it on the table to the Long's, McPhadden and Dorsey, and said first one to take it, gets it? WTF would happen then???

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM

Damn Tyrone Bigguns.

How come I see you. Once a decent fella all of a sudden become one of the worst "ya thinK your A wise ass'd" posters in here. Don't esteem to . . ." the Plough Boy ". Good Lord. :D That's just not right. Ridiculous.

Why don't you just join in the conversation and STOP the insepid and juvenile complaints and attacks on other posters.

The likes of TT and every other personality associated with the NFL are wide open. IN CONSIDERATION OF MANNERS 'OF COURSE'. We have women on this Forum. Look among my 7000 plus posts and determine when I ever use poor language.

Posters here are a community. Maybe some on their best nights as bright as you? Most certainly with more decoram. :D

Get off the Harley parade and the SC challenge and roll with the strokes. BE COOL and have fun. Were in for a rough season. Lets look at that not one another first.

GET IT!???? Tyrone???

It's about this man.

PACKERS FOREVER!! NOT ATTACKS on any MEMBER here. Get away from that ASAP. Or. . . . suffer (expect) a kick in the nuts back.

Try to SMARTEN up.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Tarlam!
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Instead of asking me nicely and civilly if I had sources, I was slammed pretty good and a few posters came to my defense.

I am not particularly interested in whether on not you feel you are being lectured, or whether you recognize a fellow Rat trying to make a differentiation for you that might make your posting more enjoyable for you and your posts more enjoyable for other. I assure you, in my case, the latter is true.

To your point quoted, "nicely and civilly"? Are you serious?? This is a Football site. There is supposed to be conflict. But about the topic being discussed, not the person. You like to call people names, tell them how misguided their lifestyles are, you even want to play judge and jury on how much time is too much to spend here.

FWIW, I too had remembered seeing or reading something on teams passing early in the 1st. But I simply couldn't find the source. So I didn't back you up. Mark me down for the Lemmings Bingo Night.

Finally, despite what your sig said at JSO, you seem to be an arrogant cyber person with an enormous ego. Not unlike myself in many ways.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Finally, despite what your sig said at JSO, you seem to be an arrogant cyber person with an enormous ego. Not unlike myself in many ways.

You backed up your huge Internet ego with a charming and disarming wit when I actually met you in person.

Tarlam!
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM

You backed up your huge Internet ego with a charming and disarming wit when I actually met you in person.

Thanks Harv, I love you too! :oops:

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Instead of asking me nicely and civilly if I had sources, I was slammed pretty good and a few posters came to my defense.

I am not particularly interested in whether on not you feel you are being lectured, or whether you recognize a fellow Rat trying to make a differentiation for you that might make your posting more enjoyable for you and your posts more enjoyable for other. I assure you, in my case, the latter is true.

To your point quoted, "nicely and civilly"? Are you serious?? This is a Football site. There is supposed to be conflict. But about the topic being discussed, not the person. You like to call people names, tell them how misguided their lifestyles are, you even want to play judge and jury on how much time is too much to spend here.

FWIW, I too had remembered seeing or reading something on teams passing early in the 1st. But I simply couldn't find the source. So I didn't back you up. Mark me down for the Lemmings Bingo Night.

Darn Tarlam!

You spent time in some Monastery in Tibet or what?

Your actually seeming half sensable. Nice job. :D Now! Not sure I'd exactly turn my back on you.

On EGO's here!??

HUGE !!!

Packers Forever!

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM

Harvey your really a nice man. :D

Almost sweet. But that EGO. Your one of us.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM

Damn Tyrone Bigguns.

How come I see you. Once a decent fella all of a sudden become one of the worst "ya thing your wise ass'd" posters in here. Don't esteem to . . ." the Plough Boy ". Good Lord. :D That's just not right. Ridiculous.

Why don't you just join in the conversation and STOP the insepid and juvenile complaints and attacks on other posters. The likes of TT and every other personality associated with the NFL are wide open.

Posters here are a community. Maybe some on their best nights as bright as you? :D

Get off the Harley parade and the SC challenge and roll with the strokes.BE COOL and have fun. Were in for a rough season. Lets look at that not one another first.

GET IT!???? Tyrone???

It's about this man.

PACKERS FOREVER!! NOT ATTACKS on any MEMBER here. Get away from that ASAP. Or. . . . suffer (expect) a kick in the nuts back.

SMARTEN the 'H' up.

What the fuck are you talkin about you senile old bastard.

I might be able to intelligently respond to your post if you actually learned to write in the english language. This is a message board, not some free form poetry jam.

1. Who the fuck is the "plough boy"

2. Why are you responding to a post that i wrote saying "i concur with Red"...if you don't like something..perhaps you should respond to REd...as i am merely agreeing with him.

3. If you are free to keep up with the "insepid" and juvenile attacks on TT, etc...i am free to do the same with you.

4. You are right, we are community. And, every community has their dunces..i guess that is your role.

5. What is a harley parade...and the SC challenge?

6. I do roll with the stokes. I love those guys. Juice Box kicked ass.

7. Rough season. Oh really mr. negative. What a surprise that you would start from that position.

8. Oooh, a kick in the nuts. I'm frightened. Intenet tough guy. Give it up old man. You'd slip on your drool before you could even get close to me.

9. Attacks on other members. Whe the fuck are you to start giving me lessons. You aren't my daddy. More to the point, mr. hypocrite..i seem to read enough posts of yours attacking a certain mormon poster.

10. Smarten up. Listen my friend, when you can actually string together a coherent sentence, spell correctly, and actually makes sense..then you have the right to tell others to smarten up. As of now, please use spell check or get one of the nurses at the home to assist you using the puter.

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Not quite following you here Nutz - can you pull your head out from between the legs of the lovely dame I'm sure you're entertaining long enough to clarify?

I think you're saying that teams at the top have so many problems that it makes sense for them to do this?

I do like your idea for Miami. Again though, can you imagine the agent's reactions to tactics like that! Say Miami took the money paid out for last year's choice, discounted it 5%, put it on the table to the Long's, McPhadden and Dorsey, and said first one to take it, gets it? WTF would happen then???

In the case of the first pick team, they easily can start contract negotiations with any player or players they choose. If money is an issue for Miami, then they can offer all the players a certain amount, who ever enters into talks the Dolphins should sign the cheapest player. It is basically the same thing that Houston ended up doing with Reggie Bush and Mario Williams. Bush was asking for the farm, Williams was cheaper, they had them rated relative so they went went the cheaper player.

My first point is simple, If I was say Atlanta, why not forget to get your slip of paper up to the commish? Why not wait for a couple of teams to jump you if you have three players rated the same?

Scott Campbell
04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Were in for a rough season.

Or so you seem to hope.

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM

Or so you seem to hope.

Bye Bye Scott Campbell.

Post the rest of the world NOT me.

Thank You.

Scott Campbell
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I just can't get a grip on these two clowns. Why they don't head for higher ground, because I'm pissing all over them.

Are you done peeing?

:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
I just can't get a grip on these two clowns. Why they don't head for higher ground, because I'm pissing all over them.

Are you done peeing?

:lol:

Doubtful. Low flow 'n all.

packers11
04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
:jack:

get back on topic :)

Tyrone Bigguns
04-16-2008, 08:48 PM
:jack:

get back on topic :)

TT will pee on Woody.

Seems to be on topic.

GrnBay007
04-16-2008, 09:33 PM
How about taking this stuff to the RR if you really feel the need to continue on. Anyone that really cares to see the outcome will follow you there.

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
How about taking this stuff to the RR if you really feel the need to continue on. Anyone that really cares to see the outcome will follow you there.

Well it all went to hell when the title of this thread had a misspelled word, what did you expect?

Bretsky
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Let's get this crap back on topic

I think TT will do exactly what we do NOT expect him to do; it's his mojo.

Don't be surprised if Jonathon Stewart slips to pick 30 and he's a Packer; Oregon Packerfan will be happy. WR is also not out of the question if a top tier WR on TT's board slips.

TT would love to trade out of this pick IMO, but there are no takers.

I don't want to see a dam backup OT picked here

VERDICT- TT will take a OT

MJZiggy
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Very funny, B, but I don't think I'd be upset if Stewart ended up here either.

Bretsky
04-16-2008, 10:04 PM

Stewart
Grant
Jackson

Nice looking youthful core of RB's for the future. That would be nice

One other prediction.

I really want to see a TE, preferrable in round two. I think we're weak there.

VERDICT

TT will not draft a TE til the later rounds or not at all

packers11
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
B, don't you think that after spending a second rounder (on Jackson), that it would be a waste to have a first rounder barley get any touches or have to split time with two people?

The way I see it is that Grant will be here for awhile and Jackson will be a viable backup unless he has an explosive season...

I don't think there is much need at RB but I guess you could have made that argument about DT last year...

Your guess is as good as mine :)

Bretsky
04-16-2008, 10:23 PM
B, don't you think that after spending a second rounder (on Jackson), that it would be a waste to have a first rounder barley get any touches or have to split time with two people?

The way I see it is that Grant will be here for awhile and Jackson will be a viable backup unless he has an explosive season...

I don't think there is much need at RB but I guess you could have made that argument about DT last year...

We have much greater needs than RB
But need is a small portion of how TT looks at these picks

If he thinks Stewart is a top 15 player in this draft and he slips to 30 due to injuries I could see him pulling the trigger

If Stewart is a star and Grant is as well we're set there for a while. I'm not that sold on Jackson to be honest; I think he's backup material at this point.

To be honest if Stewart is there at #30 it may present TT an opportunity to trade down with a team that needs a RB and I'd hope he would jump at that if it occured.

Joemailman
04-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Stewart
Grant
Jackson

One other prediction.

VERDICT

I think if one of the top 5 TE's are available when the Packers pick in the 2nd round, TT will take one with one of his 2 2nd round picks. With Bubba now gone, I think he knows he has to upgrade this position. He won't reach to fill a need, but there could be value with a TE in the 2nd round.

sheepshead
04-17-2008, 01:57 AM

you really need to get a life and leave me alone. Do you stalk me on different sites? Whats wrong with you?

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 07:14 AM

Or so you seem to hope.

I never HOPE my team will lose. I'm a Packer fan. This year the 50th Anniversary of being a Packer fan, Scott.

Read that again, try to understand what that means Scott Campbell. I'm hoping TT does really well this season.

Your carrying that signature around like some statement of your extreme delusion and obsession. That makes YOU look bad man. I recommend that, YOU try to get that Scott. Change towords me? Isn't your rush something to do with your obsession and woodbuck27!?

Think.

Scott Campbell get this please.. I actually voted that we'll make the playoff's. :D

We do have questions and will be in transition. Favre had a huge season in 2007. Too bad it got to being too hard on his head and back. He looked burnt out Vs the Giants. FROZEN from more than the temperature.

His decision to retire was in my view. Wise.

Now it's on TT. I want TT to succeed, but to get there he will have to think differently in my view. Be more assertive.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Guiness
04-17-2008, 07:27 AM
In the case of the first pick team, they easily can start contract negotiations with any player or players they choose. If money is an issue for Miami, then they can offer all the players a certain amount, who ever enters into talks the Dolphins should sign the cheapest player. It is basically the same thing that Houston ended up doing with Reggie Bush and Mario Williams. Bush was asking for the farm, Williams was cheaper, they had them rated relative so they went went the cheaper player.

My first point is simple, If I was say Atlanta, why not forget to get your slip of paper up to the commish? Why not wait for a couple of teams to jump you if you have three players rated the same?

Just you and I staying somewhat OT here Nutz! You're nearly the voice of reason. How do you like it?

If Miami did that, they could do well...as there are arguably 5 players they could negotiate with, instead of 2. I think Gholston would be the lowest valued of those 5, but he's still viable. That would put downward pressure.

As far as Atlanta (or St-L) I agree with you, and that would be interesting. I wonder how likely?

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM

Stewart
Grant
Jackson

One other prediction.

VERDICT

I think if one of the top 5 TE's are available when the Packers pick in the 2nd round, TT will take one with one of his 2 2nd round picks. With Bubba now gone, I think he knows he has to upgrade this position. He won't reach to fill a need, but there could be value with a TE in the 2nd round.

I'm hoping that TT will see it right to go for an excellent defensive player with his first pick.Then to look at a TE in the second round does seem prudent.

The fact is, or so we'er led to believe. Is that he always goes BPA, off his board. I'm not a fan of always going BPA. Especiallly when OUR team has need at certain positions.

To say I'll go BPA " off my board " seems to me to leave the fan out in the cold. It's " a cop out " in my view. It's to discount the fan as some person that hasn't a clue. TT has to realize that Packer fans are far from that. Packer fans on this board are in touch with team needs.

In effect, Ted Thompson works for us. The Packer fans.

Packers Forever!

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 07:39 AM

If he thinks Stewart is a top 15 player in this draft and he slips to 30 due to injuries I could see him pulling the trigger

If Stewart is a star and Grant is as well we're set there for a while. I'm not that sold on Jackson to be honest; I think he's backup material at this point.

To be honest if Stewart is there at #30 it may present TT an opportunity to trade down with a team that needs a RB and I'd hope he would jump at that if it occured.

OK. Then B. I'm reading into this that you hope TT will not use #30 (and or that and trade up) rather trade down for more picks.

Is that right?

Packers Forever!

Scott Campbell
04-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Or so you seem to hope.

I never HOPE my team will lose.

Really?

You're very believable. :lol:

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 09:49 AM

Or so you seem to hope.

I never HOPE my team will lose.

Really?

You're very believable. :lol:

Scott Campbell.I'm getting really tired of YOU and Tyrone Biggins.

Something must be done about your need to abuse.

I'm very serious. I have had to try to deal with your BS since I began to post over on JSO and your way will end with me. Very soon. Your call today.

TRUST THAT. The showdown is about to come. I want to come here and enjot this board; not always have too try to deal with your juvenile insessant abuse and nonsence. YOUR a SICK man Scott.

It will end. I expect just that. GOT IT ? I advise that YOU do Scott Campbell.

I don't like you . You don't like me. So be a man and STOP.

We had an agreement once upon a time to STOP and YOU as usual go your foolhardy way. It's no good for the general membership here.

Your embarring Scott Campbell. Your SICK . Your certainly abusive. No more of that on me. I'm perfectly serious Scott.

My name is Ed. (woodbuck27)

Tyrone Bigguns
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Stewart
Grant
Jackson

One other prediction.

VERDICT

I'm hoping that TT will see it right to go for an excellent defensive player with his first pick.Then to look at a TE in the second round does seem prudent.

The fact is, or so we'er led to believe. Is that he always goes BPA, off his board. I'm not a fan of always going BPA. Especiallly when OUR team has need at certain positions.

To say I'll go BPA " off my board " seems to me to leave the fan out in the cold. It's " a cop out " in my view. It's to discount the fan as some person that hasn't a clue. TT has to realize that Packer fans are far from that. Packer fans on this board are in touch with team needs.

In effect, Ted Thompson works for us. The Packer fans.

Packers Forever!

This has got to be the most ridiculous assertion ever. TT works for the fans. LOL.

Perhaps TT should listen to all 3 million Wisco natives individually about which player he should pick.

To honestly think that any fan of this board understands the packers as well as TT, his current players, coaches and prospective packers is just outright delusional.

I've changed my view..you aren't just senile..you are narcisistic as well.

Bretsky
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM

OK. Then B. I'm reading into this that you hope TT will not use #30 (and or that and trade up) rather trade down for more picks.

Is that right?

Packers Forever!

Yes, if he has the chance to move down that would be my bias this year. I think the talent between 25-45 is pretty even.

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Is that right?

Packers Forever!

Yes, if he has the chance to move down that would be my bias this year. I think the talent between 25-45 is pretty even.

There are a couple of Safety's that may go off the board just before we're sitting on #30, that I really like.

Kenny Phillips and Reggie Smith. TT hasn't trade up, but as Lurcher suggested. Maybe he could package our #30 and our third rounder to secure one of these fellas and he make a push for our FS spot.

They're both good at ST's as well.

If TT trades down into a position to pick high in the second round. He has a shot at some decent prospects at DE and CB. Fortunately this draft isn't bad for a team picking late in the first round. TT also did some nice Pre Draft preperation giving us two seconds, and that compensatory pick in the fourth is a real bonus.

I hope he's on the mark a week fr. Saturday. :D

Packers Forever.

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2008, 10:39 PM
ESPN Mag had an article about how the teams that have traded down the most have been the best teams. To be honest, I'd rarely see a situation where I'd want our GM to trade up. The article stated that Jimmie Johnson's trade chart was flawed because it was based on 4 years of data, and that teams that have been trading up since that chart came out 15 years ago have been overpaying to do so.

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 10:58 PM
ESPN Mag had an article about how the teams that have traded down the most have been the best teams. To be honest, I'd rarely see a situation where I'd want our GM to trade up. The article stated that Jimmie Johnson's trade chart was flawed because it was based on 4 years of data, and that teams that have been trading up since that chart came out 15 years ago have been overpaying to do so.

Got it Harvey.

Packers Forever!

packers11
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
BUMPPP

KYPack
04-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Nice bump.

I was looking around for that thread I started titled, "We gotta get Jordy Nelson", so I could show off how smart I am re: the draft.

But I can't find the sumbitch.

woodbuck27
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Nice bump.

I was looking around for that thread I started titled, "We gotta get Jordy Nelson", so I could show off how smart I am re: the draft.

But I can't find the sumbitch.

Hey KY ( not to pound sand up your a$$ :D ) your smart with all you post and offer us here at PackerRats.

One of the BEST most knowledgeable people I personally respect on OUR Forum. It's fellas like you and Deputy Nutz, Harvey and Bretsky and when he's back on to his optimistic self, JH that a I read and learn from

JH makes a big contribution here.A wide an interesting view as he hopes for Packer fortunes.

KYPack et all.

JH offered us an excelllent view of the way the Packers get to making things happen positively; one of his posts on our Draft Thread yesterday. It's a long thread and so difficult to find. I believe it's near the back of that thread.

Harvey responds to JH positively.That one.

There are many more here as well @ PackerRats Leaper,Lurcher64, Motife, Red, Vince. Mj, 007, GBRulz,Partial, Guiness, Rastak,Bossman etc.; way too many solid posters to compiment here . . .their all OUR's.

Men and Women that offer a lot and make this an excellent fan site. Maybe the BEST. and certainly one we're proud of.

PackerRats is the place to come and learn about the NFL and " the Packers ".

Apretty decent day for TT even though there will be controversy over Saturday picks. That's what we're about here. :D A place to discuss and compare ideas and hopes.

Packers Forever.