PDA

View Full Version : NFL Schedule comes out 4/15...

packers11
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
www.nfl.com

Watch NFL Network's 2008 Schedule Release Show Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.

Lurker64
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Is it just me or is it kind of weird to have a show to make a big deal about announcing the schedule instead of just printing in the newspaper or something? Everybody already knows who they're playing (and which games are home and away), it's just a matter of "do we play Houston in September or November?".

KYPack
04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Is it just me or is it kind of weird to have a show to make a big deal about announcing the schedule instead of just printing in the newspaper or something? Everybody already knows who they're playing (and which games are home and away), it's just a matter of "do we play Houston in September or November?".

Yeah.

I don't understand the two week delay, either.

What did they have to figure out?

Maybe they wanted release when there is little other sports new, I dunno.

Joemailman
04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
They wanted to make sure Favre didn't come back before deciding how many MNF games the Packers will get.

packers11
04-14-2008, 03:51 PM
They wanted to make sure Favre didn't come back before deciding how many MNF games the Packers will get.

Then wouldn't they have to wait until September? :lol: :wink:

The Leaper
04-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't understand the two week delay, either.

Let me help you guys out...

It revolves around two little words...

THE DRAFT.

This is being done entirely to keep the NFL in the news leading up to the draft, to boost ratings and interest.

GrnBay007
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Finally!!!!!!!!

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey, That's today!

oregonpackfan
04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey, That's today!

Isn't it ironic the NFL schedule is coming out on "Tax Day?" Hmmm.... :roll:

pack4to84
04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
the Detroit News reports the Lions will host the Packers in Week 2.

The Detroit Lions will host the Green Bay Packers in their home opener in Week 2 of the 2008 regular season, the team announced Tuesday.

If that game is on a Sunday, it will be Sept. 14.

pack4to84
04-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Vikings Mon
at Lions
Cowboys Sunday Night
at Bucs
Falcons
at Seattle 4:15
Colts 4:15
bye
at Titans
at Vikings
Bears
at NO Mon
Panthers
Texans
at Jags
at Bears MON
Lions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c555e&template=without-video&confirm=true

MadtownPacker
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Week 8 biweek.

GOod thing because the first half is a killer. @ Bucs, cowboys, Colts, and @ Seahawks. Be lucky to go .500.

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I was hoping we'd get Dallas and Indianapolis in cold weather games. Funny how that worked out. Conspiracy anyone? We get Houston and Detroit in the cold. We'd probably beat those teams in the cold or warm. We could have really used the cold weather help vs. the Cowboys and Colts.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-15-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule/2008/

here is the link to the official site.

4 prime-time games, not bad 2 home 2 away.

I'll be going to game @Tennessee Nov. 2nd, if anyone else plans on going let me know. Nashville is a fun town.

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 01:12 PM
3 Monday night games. Home vs Minnesota, at New Orleans, at Chicago.
1 Sunday night game. Home vs. Dallas.

MadtownPacker
04-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Get ready to miss the playoffs. :evil:

GBRulz
04-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I was hoping we'd get Dallas and Indianapolis in cold weather games. Funny how that worked out. Conspiracy anyone? We get Houston and Detroit in the cold. We'd probably beat those teams in the cold or warm. We could have really used the cold weather help vs. the Cowboys and Colts.

I feel the opposite. I am glad that we have the harder teams first. Our team is very young and the players aren't much more experienced playing in the cold weather than dome/warm weather teams are.

GBRulz
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM

I'll be going to game @Tennessee Nov. 2nd, if anyone else plans on going let me know. Nashville is a fun town.

I've partied with the Nashville Packer Backers at Scoreboards, many times. Do you ever go there for games?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-15-2008, 01:22 PM

I've partied with the Nashville Packer Backers at Scoreboards, many times. Do you ever go there for games?

Nope, I'm over here on the other side of Knoxville, never been to a game yet at the Titans. My friend's a diehard Titans fan so a couple of us will probably come down for a long weekend.

GBRulz
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
well, if you need any info on tailgate parties, etc. I will be happy to put you in touch with the gang down there. I don't know exactly what they do for Packer games in Nashville.

BallHawk
04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Of all the games to put us on in primetime they choose the Bears, Vikings, and Saints?

Freak Out
04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Of all the games to put us on in primetime they choose the Bears, Vikings, and Saints?

Not bad choices really......AP vs the Pack the first game. Bears vs Pack....legends time...and the Saints are due for a rebound.

BallHawk
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
The Bears are going to be an absolute joke, though.

CaliforniaCheez
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
For a Northern California Packer fan it is a lousy television schedule after a fantastic one last year.

The Packers are nationally televised on double headers against Seattle and the Colts. Jacksonville could be a national game (for me Raiders at Miami) I will not get those games (except at the sports bar).

I will only get 5 games on network television.

For me the Raider and 49'er games conflict far too much.

MadtownPacker
04-15-2008, 01:52 PM
For a Northern California Packer fan it is a lousy television schedule after a fantastic one last year.

The Packers are nationally televised on double headers against Seattle and the Colts. Jacksonville could be a national game (for me Raiders at Miami) I will not get those games (except at the sports bar).

I will only get 5 games on network television.

For me the Raider and 49'er games conflict far too much.Gotta get that Sunday ticket man!

You gonna hit up the @49ers preseason game?

packers11
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
so the packers get 3 MNF games and 1 SNF...

How do we get more now that Brett is retired??? :?:

packers11
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
^ maybe that will force Brett back into playing again... :wink:

ok... I won't go there, the thread will be jacked... :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-15-2008, 02:18 PM
so the packers get 3 MNF games and 1 SNF...

How do we get more now that Brett is retired??? :?:

We went 13-3 last year and hosted the NFC Championship Game.

If we go 8-8 this year, you won't see many national games. With Favre, we always got some national games--even when we weren't expected to be that great.

hoosier
04-15-2008, 02:20 PM

Buck up, buey. You could've said exactly the same thing last year, except that no one had any reason to think playoffs at all. Look at the first part of last year's schedule. No one in their right mind would have expected a 5-1 start. Who's to say those road games against TB and Sea won't turn into laughers?

Philly (10-6, NFC East defending champ)
at NYG (8-8, wildcard)
SD (14-2, AFC West defending champ)
at Minn (6-10)
Chi (13-3, NFC defending champ)
Wash (5-11)

CaliforniaCheez
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
50-50 Madtown.

The Bears get 5 primetime games

Packers get 4. The are featured in doubleheaders though.

Vikings 3

Detroit has Thanksgiving.

MadScientist
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I can't predict the record based on the schedule, but I can predict one thing. Charter and the other cable networks will not be getting very much pressure to add the NFL-N to the lineup.

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Milwaukee ticket holders got the bonanza this year...the Boys and the Bears.

Little Whiskey
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I've got to imagine the Green ticket holders are plenty pissed this year, with the gold getting both Cowboys and Bears!

motife
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I would say the Colts at Home, and at the Titans and Jaguars will be the toughest games on the schedule.

The Cowboys at home is a VERY unusual game because I think we've had them only once at home in 15 years. We won that game handily, after about 6 straight losses in Irving. At the end of the game on the public address they played the song :

"Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more no more no more no more, Hit the road Jack and don't ya come back no more.. What you say?!"

I was out of my chair dancing to it, and am singing it until this day.

you can listen to it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

Last year I predicted the Pack would go 16-0. After carefully perusing the 2008 schedule, I again predict they'll finish 16-0.

GBRulz
04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Ask the Milwaukee fans how happy they are with a Sunday night game. :roll:

I hate when they schedule games like this for Gold package games because it means more of their tickets will be put up for sale online and then cowpuke fans invade our stadium.

MadtownPacker
04-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Buck up, buey. You could've said exactly the same thing last year, except that no one had any reason to think playoffs at all. Look at the first part of last year's schedule. No one in their right mind would have expected a 5-1 start. Who's to say those road games against TB and Sea won't turn into laughers?Nope, look at my post from last offseason, all said playoffs for sure. I think I was on record for 10-6 or 11-5 and one playoff game win.

Kiwon
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
3 Monday night games. Home vs Minnesota, at New Orleans, at Chicago.
1 Sunday night game. Home vs. Dallas.

Despite last year's record, I'm surprised the Pack got 3 MNF games. Farve was a huge TV draw and MNF execs will miss him.

A-Rod and the running game are in for a big test starting with the Vikes' "Williams Wall" and their pass rush. The OL better be ready.

Everyone will be holding their breath the first few times A-Rod gets smacked around.

cpk1994
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM

I'll be going to game @Tennessee Nov. 2nd, if anyone else plans on going let me know. Nashville is a fun town.Most importantly, NO NFLN games!

GrnBay007
04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
NFL schedule announced: Steelers' path is toughest

By Larry Weisman, USA TODAY

The New York Giants snapped the AFC's four-year streak of Super Bowl victories but the toughest schedules for the upcoming season belong to their predecessors as champions.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers on consecutive November weekends as part of a 16-game slate against opponents who had a winning percentage last year of .598 (153-103 record). The NFL announced the complete schedule today at 2 p.m. ET.

The Steelers, NFL champions two years ago, narrowly edge the Colts, winners of Super Bowl XLI, for the hardest road back. Oddly, five of Pittsburgh's first six opponents missed the playoffs. The Colts, who will play the New England Patriots for a sixth consecutive season, face opponents with a winning percentage of .594 (152-104).

The Patriots could face the longest road. They've got four trips to the West Coast, playing at the Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. The Raiders' game will mark receiver Randy Moss' return to Oakland, where he spent two seasons before being traded to the Patriots. In New England he set an NFL single-season record in 2007 with 23 touchdown catches.

Both those ventures west come in back-to-back weeks. The Patriots play the 49ers Oct. 5 and the Chargers the following Sunday. They're at Seattle Dec. 7 and Oakland on Dec. 14.

The Giants, 17-14 winners against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, get plenty of national exposure. They open the season on Sept. 4 in the now-traditional Thursday night kickoff at home against the Washington Redskins and appear three more times when the lights are brightest, with two games on Sunday nights (at the Philadelphia Eagles Nov. 9, at the Dallas Cowboys Dec. 14) and one on a Monday night (at the Cleveland Browns Oct. 13).

Games in Weeks 11-17 are subject to flexible scheduling, which allows a switch of the Sunday night game broadcast by NBC.

Joemailman
04-15-2008, 10:33 PM

I hate when they schedule games like this for Gold package games because it means more of their tickets will be put up for sale online and then cowpuke fans invade our stadium.

The Bear game last year was the Green package, and there were Bear fans everywhere. I'm not sure it matters which package it is. People with tickets to night games will sell them more than the day games.

GBRulz
04-15-2008, 10:44 PM

The Bear game last year was the Green package, and there were Bear fans everywhere. I'm not sure it matters which package it is. People with tickets to night games will sell them more than the day games.

You are right about the night games, but you can't really use the Bears game as an example. That game will always have their fans here more than any other because they are the closest. It's like Cub fans at a Brewer game.

The Leaper
04-16-2008, 08:01 AM

Sorry GBR.

It has been my experience as a Green Bay outsider that more of the green package holders use their tickets for personal revenue. Since they have SIX games to attend, they think nothing of selling 3 of them...and clearly will sell the ones that are the most lucrative. The supply always seems to be greater for green package games...especially late in the year.

Also, far more green package holders use ALL of their tickets on an annual basis simply for personal revenue.

The Milwaukee holders are far more likely to attend games...they only have 2 chances to go each year, and you won't make a mint just on selling two games a year.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
It has been my experience as a Green Bay outsider that more of the green package holders use their tickets for personal revenue. Since they have FIVE games to attend, they think nothing of selling 3 of them...and clearly will sell the ones that are the most lucrative. The supply always seems to be greater for green package games...especially late in the year.

I've been to some of both, and it seems to me that there are more opposing fans for the Milwaukee games. Green Bay fans may scalp tickets also, but it seems they are much more likely to go to other Packer fans.

The Leaper
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Green Bay fans may scalp tickets also, but it seems they are much more likely to go to other Packer fans.

I could see that being true.

I still believe Green Bay holders probably scalp more tickets. However, more of those tickets probably get scalped to locals and friends who are also Packer fans...so the number of visiting fans probably is higher for the Milwaukee holders, who are more likely to sell tickets online.

As a Packer fan, I know where to look for tickets...and locals would sell to me. If I wasn't a Packer fan, I can see how getting a ticket from a Milwaukee holder would be easier.

GBRulz
04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
It has been my experience as a Green Bay outsider that more of the green package holders use their tickets for personal revenue. Since they have FIVE games to attend, they think nothing of selling 3 of them...and clearly will sell the ones that are the most lucrative. The supply always seems to be greater for green package games...especially late in the year.

I've been to some of both, and it seems to me that there are more opposing fans for the Milwaukee games. Green Bay fans may scalp tickets also, but it seems they are much more likely to go to other Packer fans.

Exactly. But hey, what do I know? I only get to see about 4-5 home games a year.
:roll:
Games late in the season are usually more accessible because of the weather, it doesn't have anything to do with GB vs Milw ticket holders.

GBRulz
04-16-2008, 09:41 AM
As a Packer fan, I know where to look for tickets...and locals would sell to me. If I wasn't a Packer fan, I can see how getting a ticket from a Milwaukee holder would be easier.

I guess I don't understand your thinking on this. You say more Green ticket holders sell their tickets, so wouldn't they be easier to find?

Green, Gold, blue, purple, orange, who cares.... for many ticket holders, money talks and that's the bottom line for many. Many who sell their tickets have no idea if they are selling to an opposing fan or not. how difficult would it be for a Cowboy fan to say "yeah, I'm a packer fan but I live in Dallas". Since we have fans all over, how to you determine who is a fan and who isn't?