# Name College Height Weight 40-Time

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee St. 6-11/2 184 4.33

2. Leodis McKelvin Troy 5-101/4 190 4.38

3. Mike Jenkins South Florida 5-101/4 197 4.40

4. ** Antoine Cason Arizona 6-01/4 191 4.52

5. Aqib Talib Kansas 6-03/4 202 4.45

6. Patrick Lee Auburn 6-0 200 4.42

Some Packerrats High on Antoine Cason.

Some Packerrats speculating that Mike Jenkins may fall.

#####################################

7. Tracy Porter Indiana 5-107/8 188 4.37

8. Justin King Penn St. 5-107/8 192 4.31

9. Charles Godfrey Iowa 5-113/4 207 4.44

10. Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech 5-93/4 189 4.58

11. Tyvon Branch Connecticut 5-113/8 204 4.31

12. Terrell Thomas USC 6-01/2 202 4.49

13. Antwaun Molden Eastern Kentucky 6-03/4 198 4.39

14. Jack Ikegwuonu Wisconsin 5-101/2 194 4.50

15. Orlando Scandrick Boise St. 5-10 192 4.32

16. Chevis Jackson L.S.U. 6-0 192 4.62

17. Terrence Wheatley Colorado 5-95/8 187 4.37

18. Jack Williams Kent St. 5-9 178 4.35
19. Trae Williams South Florida 5-9 193 4.51
20. Zack Bowman Nebraska 6-01/8 197 4.43

21. Jonathan Wilhite Auburn 5-91/2 185 4.38
22. DeJuan Tribble Boston College 5-83/4 189 4.58
23. Dwight Lowery San Jose St. 5-111/8 201 4.59

24. Michael Grant Arkansas 5-101/4 186 4.37

25. Justin Tryon Arizona St. 5-91/8 190 4.50
26. Darnell Terrell Missouri 6-13/4 203 4.48
27. Jonathan Zenon L.S.U. 5-113/4 191 4.55
28. Wilrey Fontenot Arizona 5-83/4 171 4.41
29. Marcus Walker Oklahoma 5-103/8 191 4.53
30. Simeon Castille Alabama 6-03/8 195 4.70

31. Brandon Sumrall Southern Miss 5-97/8 195 4.64
32. Jerrid Gaines Miami (OH) 5-105/8 183 4.53

33. Brian Witherspoon Stillman 5-103/8 175 4.29

34. Justin McKinney Kansas St. 5-93/8 188 4.66
35. Glenn Sharpe Miami (FL) 5-111/2 184 4.59
36. Trey Brown UCLA 5-81/2 186 4.65
37. Matterral Richardson Arkansas 5-11 194 4.68

red
04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
i'm starting to see more and more mocks that have jenkins falling to us

that makes me very giddy

Freak Out
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I've heard a few "experts" that claim Jenkins will be the best pro.

woodbuck27
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
i'm starting to see more and more mocks that have jenkins falling to us

that makes me very giddy

This Guy! Picked by Draftcountdown to go to The Buc's:

20. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

MIKE JENKINS CB | South Florida | Scouting Report

Last year everyone assumed that Calvin Johnson was destined to be a Buccaneer but instead they opted to provide Monte Kiffin with some defensive help and we may have a similar situation this year, even though most seem to feel Tampa is destined to select a wide receiver here.

Everybody's talking about Leodis McKelvin, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Aqib Talib but Mike Jenkins is just going about his business and sailing through the draft process with flying colors.

Jenkins is a legit Top 20 pick and he could even be gone by this point, with Philly also a potential landing spot for him.

You certainly can't rule out a receiver here and both Devin Thomas and DeSean Jackson would be perfect fits for Jon Gruden's offense because they're capable of taking a short pass and turning them into a long gains.

Tampa Bay has also been sniffing around some of the offensive tackles but there is basically very little chance of any of those top guys lasting this long.

PACKERS FOREVER!

woodbuck27
04-15-2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/teamneeds.html#gnb

Teams that have the CB position as a high priority:

Arizona Cardinals

Depth Chart

1. Cornerback: Eric Green and Rod Hood aren't shutdown types by any stretch and Antrel Rolle has officially made the move to safety. That means they're now severely lacking in both quality and depth.

Baltimore Ravens

Depth Chart

1. Quarterback: Even if he could manage to stay healthy the days of Steve McNair being a top signal caller are long gone. Meanwhile Kyle Boller has shown time and time again that he's not the answer.

2. Cornerback: Chris McAlister has battled injuries and Samari Rolle is getting older and he also battled injuries and a illness. Even more disturbing is their extreme lack of depth beyond those two starters.

Buffalo Bills

Depth Chart

1. Wide Receiver: This is a team in desperate need of some size at wideout. Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed are all under six feet tall so it's probably time to add a big guy to complement them.

2. Tight End: Robert Royal is not going to strike fear in the hearts of many defenses, especially in the passing game, and a great way to improve a young offense that lacks explosiveness is to add a top TE

3. Cornerback: The Bills not only lost a shutdown corner when Nate Clements bolted as a free agent a year ago but their overall depth behind Terrence McGee also took a major hit so they could use help.

Cleveland Browns

Depth Chart

1. Cornerback: To get Shaun Rogers they had to deal away Leigh Bodden, which left a hole opposite Eric Wright. They like youngsters Brandon McDonald and Daven Holly but are they starting material?

Dallas Cowboys

Depth Chart

1. Cornerback: Jacques Reeves left as a free agent and he wasn't a star that still hurts. At the absolute least Dallas needs an upgrade in the nickel who they can groom to ultimately start in a year or two.

Green Bay Packers

Depth Chart

1. Cornerback: Al Harris and Charles Woodson are about as good of a starting combo as there is in the league but there is essentially nothing behind them and that lack of depth is a pretty major issue.

2. Safety: Despite investing a number of draft picks on the position in recent years they still have issues alongside Nick Collins and the fact that Atari Bigby was starting for them in 2007 speaks volumes.

3. Offensive Tackle: Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher aren't getting any younger and there really is not a lot of depth behind them so it may be time for the Cheeseheads to start looking toward the future.

Kansas City Chiefs

Depth Chart

1. Offensive Line: What had been a team strength for many years has now become their greatest weakness. It's not easy to replace guys like Willie Roaf and Will Shields and they certainly proved that.

2. Cornerback: Ty Law was sent packing and Patrick Surtain is near the end of his career. How about the depth you ask? At this point it consists of a couple of second year undrafted free agents. Yikes!!!

Miami Dolphins

Depth Chart

1. Offensive Tackle: Left tackle Vernon Carey is better suited to be playing on the other side and his best fit might even be inside while L.J. Shelton and his top backup at right tackle were shown the door.

2. Defensive End / Outside Linebacker: The Jason Taylor era in Miami is coming to a close so they are going to need an impact pass rusher who is capable of playing end and linebacker to replace him.

3. Cornerback: Will Allen is an okay starter and they do have some others guys who would be very good in backup roles but they still need to add that true #1 shutdown type to anchor their secondary.

New England Patriots

Depth Chart

1. Cornerback: Asante Samuel is gone. Randall Gay is gone. Heck, they even lost Eugene Wilson! Other than maybe Ellis Hobbs there is not anything resembling a starting-caliber corner on their roster.

New York Giants

Depth Chart

1. Outside Linebacker: Kawika Mitchell and Reggie Torbor both left as free agents while Mathias Kiwanuka is coming off an injury and could be moving back to defensive end sometime in the near future.

2. Cornerback: Aaron Ross is a keeper but Sam Madison and R.W. McQuarters are nearing the end of their career and even though he showed improvement Corey Webster's still somewhat of an enigma.

New York Jets

Depth Chart

1. Wide Receiver: After talking about it for a couple of years they finally "jettisoned" Justin McCareins so depth is needed. If he keeps complaining about his contract Laveranues Coles could be gone too.

2. Cornerback: Darrelle Revis looks like he's the real deal but Justin Miller seems like he has become a permanent fixture in the coaching staff's doghouse and there really is not a whole lot of depth either.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Depth Chart

1. Defensive Tackle: The days of Warren Sapp & Booger McFarland wreaking havoc in the middle are long gone and now they've been replaced by Chris Hovan & Jovan Haye. It just isn't quite the same.

2. Wide Receiver: Joey Galloway is still pretty productive but he is going to be 37-years-old next season and beyond him there is not too much to get excited about. Sorry Ike Hilliard and Maurice Stovall.

3. Cornerback: Long time starter Brian Kelly was allowed to leave and Ronde Barber doesn't have too many good years left either so it is time to start bringing in some quality youngsters for the future.

According to this source a dozen teams are in dire need of a CB.

For Green Bay, Arizona, Cleveland, Dallas and New England it's a number oneteam need.

For Baltimore, Kansas City, the NY Giants and Jets, it's a number two team need.

Packers Forever!

red
04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
we should know today if we can take dallas off that list. the pacman trade is suppose to happen today

if they get the convict then that might push another top notch CB down to us

best case senario that i see

dallas gets pacman, we get to draft jenkins because of it

pacman applies for reinstatement, and goodell tells him to go to hell

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't see going into to 2008 with Bigby and Collins as a weakness. If anything Collins is the weaker of the two safeties at this point. Bigby's job is pretty solid in GB.

texaspackerbacker
04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Rouse would seem to be a better than even bet to take the first string spot along with Bigby. I'd like to see Collins get a try at Corner/Nickel. He seems athletic enough and might be better suited to handle the fewer decisions he'd have to make as a Corner.

Just the same, a Corner would be my top choice for the draft, and Jenkins in particular seems like the best one we might have a shot at. Among his many pluses is the fact that he could also play Safety, having been a high school All American at Safety.

red
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
anybody for the idea of taking 2 cb's in the first 2 rounds seeings how theres a lot of depth?

we might be able to get a guy like jenkins or cason or flowers in the first, then get a guy like lee, porter, king or a free falling talib in the second

then making the much talked about move of woodson to safety

red
04-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Rouse would seem to be a better than even bet to take the first string spot along with Bigby. I'd like to see Collins get a try at Corner/Nickel. He seems athletic enough and might be better suited to handle the fewer decisions he'd have to make as a Corner.

Just the same, a Corner would be my top choice for the draft, and Jenkins in particular seems like the best one we might have a shot at. Among his many pluses is the fact that he could also play Safety, having been a high school All American at Safety.

i'm pretty sure collins was a CB in college, so a switch shouldn't be too hard for him

he has the speed to play cb, and he's got great size

i think that would be a great move

edit: i guess he didn't play CB in college, he was just projected to be one during the draft

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I'd like to see Collins get a try at Corner/Nickel.

That scares me. Collins is more of an in-the-box safety than anything else IMO. He is not strong in man-to-man coverage, and would be a horrible CB in our system IMO.

I like Rouse taking Collins' spot...because I think Rouse has the potential to be more of a playmaker against the pass. That will free up Bigby to play more reckless near the LOS, where he excels.

The Leaper
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
anybody for the idea of taking 2 cb's in the first 2 rounds seeings how theres a lot of depth?

we might be able to get a guy like jenkins or cason or flowers in the first, then get a guy like lee, porter, king or a free falling talib in the second

then making the much talked about move of woodson to safety

I would not be opposed to that at all. CB depth is horrific. Bush is the only guy I see with any talent and durability, and I'm not sure he has the talent to ever be a starter. He's a #3/spot starter at best IMO.

woodbuck27
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't see going into to 2008 with Bigby and Collins as a weakness. If anything Collins is the weaker of the two safeties at this point. Bigby's job is pretty solid in GB.

Between #30 and #56 or #60 I feel we need the best of a safety or CB. We will then have a remaining second round pick.

I hope TT package's #30 and #56 or #60 to ensure we land the BPA (Haha) at Safety or CB.

Trade up to secure that player. I want to see TT go for quality not quantity in this draft.

What is he going to do with all the money Deputy Nutz?

Buy really nice snooker tables for the clubhouse? :D

PACKERS FOREVER!