PDA

View Full Version : Will we use Number 30 for a CB? Needs CB,DE, and LT

woodbuck27
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Draft Countdown says we pick @ Number 30:

30. GREEN BAY PACKERS

BRANDON FLOWERS CB | Virginia Tech | Scouting Report

Al Harris and Charles Woodson are one of the better starting cornerback combos in the league but to say the Packers have little or no depth behind them would be an understatement.

Enter Brandon Flowers, who many still regard as a first round pick despite his lack of size and timed speed.

On the bright side Flowers is an extremely physical corner with good man coverage skills who would be a nice fit in the Packers defensive scheme.

Other cornerbacks who could be possibilities here include Antoine Cason and Justin King.

Don't rule out Kenny Phillips at safety either.

With both Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher getting older and battling some injuries the Cheeseheads might be in the market for an offensive tackle like Sam Baker too.

Green Bay will probably look to trade down and accumulate more picks because that has been Ted Thompson's M.O. in the draft the past few years.

Might this be the spot teams target to move up for Brian Brohm / Joe Flacco?

PACKERS FOREVER!

texaspackerbacker
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Corner maybe; OT maybe; Safety slightly less likely; TE slim chance; Anything else, highly unlikely--DE especially unlikely.

KYPack
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Corner maybe; OT maybe; Safety slightly less likely; TE slim chance; Anything else, highly unlikely--DE especially unlikely.

I dunno Tex.
We're short a DT since Williams. DT is a possibility. A quality G in the top 3, sure. CB with #1 if the guy drops to that spot. TE, we only got 2 right now. Safety, if somebody slides

red
04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
we can always draft a stud DE if there's one there and shift jenkins back to DT

The Leaper
04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
We're short a DT since Williams. DT is a possibility.

Well, we carried an extra one last year...so technically we aren't down one. Thompson more or less figured Williams was a goner after 2007, and prepared accordingly. With Pickett, Harrell, Jolly and Cole...and the ability of Jenkins to slide inside if needed...I don't think we need another high talent DT. Thompson may take a propect later in the draft...but I don't see him taking a DT in the first 3 rounds.

DE is probably the spot where Thompson may carry an additional guy this year.

the_idle_threat
04-14-2008, 11:53 PM

Either that or punter.

sheepshead
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I think. This is the perfect example of a BPA choice. It may well be a QB if someone on TT's "boner list" drops down.

Carolina_Packer
04-15-2008, 10:49 AM

Either that or punter.

I'm sure these GM's with their big egos would never copy something that's already been done by a previous GM. He may make his own splash and have 2 long snappers. Nobody would see it coming.

LL2
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I think. This is the perfect example of a BPA choice. It may well be a QB if someone on TT's "boner list" drops down.

At that pick you have to go BPA. Although if RB Stewart is there I sure hope TT takes him.