PDA

View Full Version : Packer Charity Basketball

ND72
04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey gang, tonight the Green Machine (Packers Charity Team) played at Adams Friendship High School. Adams Friendship won 85-82 over Captain Ruvell Martin, James Jones, Nick Collins, Noah Herron, Colin Cole, Spencer Havner, & Tramon Williams. I would have loved to shared pictures, BUT, I was actually refing the game, so I couldn't have a camera in my hands.

Ruvell said it was the first time his team had lost one of these charity games.

One thing that was amazing was how high those guys could jump. Ruvell & Jones had to have had about 10 made dunks each, they both missed a bunch as well.

The only bad part of the night, I was the baseline ref, James jones lost the ball off his foot and gained control, but from my view point, he dribbled it out of bounds, I called him out of bounds, and the Packer players were not happy. Some guy named Joe Porter, #40, 1st year player from Rutgers was kind of a jackass about calling it "hill billy crap". I donno. I guess it does bother me, but who cares. James Jones was complaining that it never touched, but he just handed the ball over and walked away.

So, that was about it. Got to talk to a bunch of the guys for a while, they're all pretty cool. They all put on a great show and all had a good time....2 hour 15 minute drive out to "hill billy crap" on a Tuesday night.

red
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
lol, nice story

that must have been a blast ND

were the players cool other then the little bit a bitching? other than that one no name camp fodder?

ND72
04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Nah they were cool. James Jones put on a great show, playing the crowd, having fun, etc. Talked with him a lot during the game....or was it he just talked a lot, either way :lol:

I've already pegged Joe Porter to get cut... :evil:

MadtownPacker
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Man, you made a call against the Packers???? :D

Great story ND, very interesting about Jones being able to slam dunk. Some jump balls in the redzone?

Damn, you gotta get some pics.

red
04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
turns out that our little friend joe porter was just signed as a free agent

good way to start out by calling packer nation a bunch of hill billies

he'll be gone soon, he's a short cb that couldn't even get off the saints practice squad last year

ND72
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Great story ND, very interesting about Jones being able to slam dunk. Some jump balls in the redzone?

Him and Ruvell could flat out get up. Jones got a rebound with his elbow over the rim easily. the 1st half was impressive to watch. The only problem was for every dunk GB had, my school made a 3 shot.

James Jones kept going "Were you all undefeated, holy crap"

GBRulz
04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I am finishing up working in the Adams area this week - I didn't even know about this basketball game, geez. They are playing a bunch of towns across the state though, so maybe another time.

Cool story, ND.