PDA

View Full Version : LA Stadium?

sheepshead
04-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Florio has this up. Anyone else think those seats look "Vikings Purple" ???

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

red
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
i think its an awesome looking stadium. i love how it looks like its built in the ground

but wheres all the parking?

it would be pretty sad if it was the queens that move. i hate them as much as the next packer fan, but i would hate to see them go. and i'd hate to see their fans lose them, they my be obnoxious as hell, but they are loyal to their team

hate to see another browns fiasco

Zool
04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
i'd hate to see their fans lose them, they my be obnoxious as hell, but they are loyal to their team

Aside from the few that hit up this messageboard, they arent that loyal of a fan base. I'd go as far as calling over 50% of them fair weather.

That being said, I hope they dont move. I get to see 1 Packer game each year at face value of the ticket. I just wish they had a different stadium.

sheepshead
04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I agree, it's like living here in Chicago, you hate the fans, but you get it. You can understand and respect the loyalty. That place does look cool, even better than Jerry Jones' new shack!

DonHutson
04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Cool design, but let the Raiders or Chargers move there. Al Davis doesn't know where he is anymore anyway. It won't matter to him.

red
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Cool design, but let the Raiders or Chargers move there. Al Davis doesn't know where he is anymore anyway. It won't matter to him.

lol, very true

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Florio has this up. Anyone else think those seats look "Vikings Purple" ???

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

Nice but a long ways from * Lambeau. :D

* The House of Football.

I too pull for the fans and hope that the Viking fans don't lose their team. It sure hurt when the Expos left Montreal. A lot of us Expo fans were heartbroken.

PACKERS FOREVER!

GoPackGo
04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
i think its an awesome looking stadium. i love how it looks like its built in the ground

The site quotes 25,000 parking spaces. I'm guessing its ramp parking on the right side of the sketch.
Are they really building this thing or is it just someone's design?

red
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM

The site quotes 25,000 parking spaces. I'm guessing its ramp parking on the right side of the sketch.
Are they really building this thing or is it just someone's design?

i think its just a design right now

the guy would be nuts to build it without having a team lined up

mngolf19
04-17-2008, 12:36 PM
MN papers are saying that since the NFL had nothing to do with this, it likely is little to worry about. But did note the purple seats. Chargers are most likely to move there, but for cripes sakes a new stadium in MN soon. Please!

And thanks for the support guys.

Badgerinmaine
04-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I too pull for the fans and hope that the Viking fans don't lose their team. It sure hurt when the Expos left Montreal. A lot of us Expo fans were heartbroken.

It's gut-wrenching to lose a team, and the fans in Montreal were abused until too many gave up until the team wasn't viable. I got to a couple of games at Olympic Stadium, and it made the Metrodome look like Camden Yards. They weren't my #1 team, but I miss having them there...with how impossible Red Sox tix are, I've still seen more MLB games in Montreal than Boston!

Sure, they've got some fairweather fans, but I've known plenty of loyal Vikings fans. It's a great rivalry, and it would not be the same with the Vikes following the Lakers to LA. With all the stadiums and arenas that have been put up in the Twin Cities since 1980--even the Gophers are getting a new outdoor campus stadium--it seems like asking a lot to ask people there to pony up for yet another one.
But to answer the question, yeah, those seats are suspiciously purple.

The Leaper
04-18-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure, but this stadium design might simply be an option for the NFL to utilize for the Super Bowl/Pro Bowl only...at least in the early stages. The design is entirely based around a large event like that in the mockups.

Los Angeles has proven to be a poor supporter of a home team, but the city itself would be very favorable as a permanent site for the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

3irty1
04-19-2008, 12:26 AM
If I were Ziggy I would take it. The fans aren't willing to pay for another stadium, the lease on the metrodome is up in 2010, and the Vikings are statistically the most worthless team in the NFL. I wish them luck in LA.

http://www.forbes.com/business/2007/09/13/nfl-team-valuations-biz-07nfl_cz_kb_mo_cs_0913nfl_land.html

Patler
04-19-2008, 06:49 AM
i think its just a design right now

the guy would be nuts to build it without having a team lined up

I know nothing is certain until it is done, but from what I heard yesterday, this is much more than just a concept. The developer said it will be built, and might be ready for 2011 (I think, maybe it was 2012). The guy already owns all the land in the area, and much more than the stadium requires, so land acquisition is not an issue. He has a comprehensive development plan for the entire area, which includes the stadium. He said he will build it even without a commitment from a team, because he knows someone will come once the stadium is started or finished. It is an entirely private investment, mostly retail and entertainment, and the stadium is just a part of it, but will be one of the first pieces built.

He said there are 12 million people within 25 miles of the site.

MJZiggy
04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Don't do that!!! He's Zygi. I read that and think there's something I was supposed to do...

red
04-19-2008, 07:45 AM
all i noticed was the line "ziggy should take it"

and i was like, she doesn't already?