PDA

View Full Version : Allen to the Vikings?

LL2
04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
I sure hope it doesn't happen. Why doesn't TT have the balls to make a trade like this? Imagine Allen with Kampman rushing from the ends, and having KGB and Jenkins coming off the bench to spell them on occasion. The Packers D would be unstoppable!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA

mngolf19
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I would be for it. As long at they don't give up more than a 1st and 3rd. They might be thinking McKinnie in there though too for a trade.

mngolf19
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
According to ESPN "Meanwhile Minnesota is considering offering its first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2009, while the Chiefs would prefer to deal for picks in this year's draft, sources told Smith."

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
One more DUI and he gets a year-long suspension. They'd have to make this trade after training camp, so he could avoid the Mankato police.

Scott Campbell
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Competing for a championship right now? Are they sure he's talking to the Vikings?

red
04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
if the guy is one DUI from being done for a year then the queens should be the team he should go to.

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2008, 03:43 PM
It was my impression that the Packers offensive line did very well against him. I can't remember off hand, but I really thought that Clifton and Tausch held their own.

packers11
04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
It was my impression that the Packers offensive line did very well against him. I can't remember off hand, but I really thought that Clifton and Tausch held their own.

Clif and Tausch did play very well that game... They seem to shut down top pass rushing DE's... I don't remember Favre being pressured much by Strahan or Osi in the Championship game...

Kearney was completely shut down in the divisional game... It was funny sight considering all the hype around him going into that week how he was going to maul the packers apart.

Rastak
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
One more DUI and he gets a year-long suspension. They'd have to make this trade after training camp, so he could avoid the Mankato police.

Is he as big a dickhead as Koren Robinson? If so, I would agree completely.

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2008, 10:40 PM

I don't know. I do know that I thought he seemed like a jackass in his interviews after the Packers beat them last year. So, yeah, he probably is a bigger dickhead than Koren.

the_idle_threat
04-17-2008, 11:04 PM
I thought Marcus Allen retired.

Guiness
04-18-2008, 03:12 AM

Wow, some latent hostility there, eh?

Come on, you have to cut Koren some slack by now...ya, he screwed the Vikings something fierce, but I think the past 18 months has shown that he's not a bad guy, just one with a severe problem. Do you really think he's a prick?

Honestly, I still have to wonder if he'll stay clean through this offseason. Did he really lick the problem this time round?

Rastak
04-18-2008, 06:14 AM

I don't know. I do know that I thought he seemed like a jackass in his interviews after the Packers beat them last year. So, yeah, he probably is a bigger dickhead than Koren.

He does seem to be a blowhard, something Robinson definately isn't.