PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys to trade for wideout?

packers11
04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Cowboys could trade for wideout

Posted: Thursday April 17, 2008 06:57AM ET
Asked if he would consider making a draft-day trade for a veteran receiver such as Cincinnati's Chad Johnson, Arizona's Anquan Boldin or Detroit's Roy Williams, Jerry Jones told reporters in Dallas, "Yes," before punctuating his remark with a smile and a wink. The Cowboys own the 22nd and 28th picks in the April 26-27 draft.

San Antonio Express-News

packers11
04-17-2008, 09:17 PM
The only possible trade I could see if Chad going to the Cowboys because they are in the AFC...

I don't see any NFC team trying to get their opponent stronger (in case they meet in playoffs) only Al Davis is stupid enough to do that...

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 09:19 PM

Asked if he would consider making a draft-day trade for a veteran receiver such as Cincinnati's Chad Johnson, Arizona's Anquan Boldin or Detroit's Roy Williams, Jerry Jones told reporters in Dallas, "Yes," before punctuating his remark with a smile and a wink. The Cowboys own the 22nd and 28th picks in the April 26-27 draft.

San Antonio Express-News

Jerry Jones = Going for it !!

The Super Bowl. ALL that matters.

packers11
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson.

The Redskins are almost certainly also in the mix. ESPN's John Clayton says the Bengals still don't want to trade Johnson, but it will be hard to pass on an offer if they're blown away. Chad is likely to remain a big distraction.
Source: ESPN Insider

Imagine if the Raiders get Chad... That team is going to explode... They better have extra officials at each game :lol:

Joemailman
04-17-2008, 09:29 PM

San Antonio Express-News

Jerry Jones = Hasn't won a frickin' playoff game since 1997.

Brando19
04-17-2008, 09:33 PM

San Antonio Express-News

Wonderful statement. I hope he never wins another playoff game as long as he lives. Let the Jerry Jones curse continue!

woodbuck27
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM

San Antonio Express-News

If he gets Chad Johnson I expect that to change.

That trade will make a statement and you read it here first.

Remember Randy Moss. Jerry did.

PACKERS FOREVER.

Badgerinmaine
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
TO and Ocho Cinco on one team? Wheeeeeeeeeeee. :whaa:
I don't think Texas is big enough to contain both of those egos.

Chris Mortensen suggested yesterday on ESPN Radio that the Eagles and Redskins may be interested in Chad Johnson. Either would make a whole lot more sense to me than Dallas.

Chester Marcol
04-18-2008, 12:47 PM
TO and Ocho Cinco on one team? Wheeeeeeeeeeee. :whaa:
I don't think Texas is big enough to contain both of those egos.

Chris Mortensen suggested yesterday on ESPN Radio that the Eagles and Redskins may be interested in Chad Johnson. Either would make a whole lot more sense to me than Dallas.

Why does that little voice in my head repeat "Once bitten" over and over??

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2008, 12:54 PM

San Antonio Express-News

Until it blows up in his face. Daniel Snyders gone all in every year all he does his go bust.

I wish you would get it, that trading draft picks and signing big name players in bunches doesn't win Super Bowls, in more cases than not it busts the franchise.

This is still Bill Parcels team, he was the one that kept Jones in check and was able to rebuild the franchise. Now Jones is going to blow it up again.

The Leaper
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM

Hell yeah.

<---- NFL playoffs OWN Jerry

the_idle_threat
04-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Owens and Ocho Stinko on a team owned by Jerry Jones ... they would have to change the team logo to this:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/shole.jpg

woodbuck27
04-19-2008, 01:58 AM

San Antonio Express-News

Until it blows up in his face. Daniel Snyders gone all in every year all he does his go bust.

I wish you would get it, that trading draft picks and signing big name players in bunches doesn't win Super Bowls, in more cases than not it busts the franchise.

This is still Bill Parcels team, he was the one that kept Jones in check and was able to rebuild the franchise. Now Jones is going to blow it up again.

He's only one player but very gifted.

I'm also looking at the WR situation in Dallas with Glenn about done.I will agree that T.O. and Chad Johnson is a lot of EGO, yet with those WR's and their RB and Romo that's a lot of ammunition too.

Chad Johnson is also a "if you've got the money he's got the time" player. I watched a late season game with Cincy @ San Fran. and he was all the play when his number was called.

He's dangerous.

Packers Forever.