PDA

View Full Version : Bears in trouble

red
04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
first we heard rumblings that hester is unhappy

now back to back stories on PFT

URLACHER SUDDENLY SOUNDS LIKE CHAD
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2008, 9:38 a.m.

There’s a strange wind blowing in Chicago. And it apparently has come straight from Cincinnati.

Per Mike Mulligan of the Chicago Sun-Times, there are rumors making the rounds that Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher has asked to be traded, and has threatened to retire due to chronic neck and back problems. All because he wants his long-term deal, which runs into the next decade, to be extended. With, of course, a big pile of new money coming his way.

One unnamed source told Mulligan that Urlacher’s tactics won’t work. ”Urlacher has no leverage,” the source said. ”He wants to be paid, right? If he takes a medical [retirement], then he’s got to prove he’s hurt. If he does that, he’ll never get paid. They’re not going to trade him. All he can do is be disruptive.

”It’s a joke,” Mulligan’s source added. “Players never walk away from millions. They threaten to, but they never do it.”

The joke is that Urlacher would sign such a long-term deal in 2003, when it was (or should have been) obvious that the salary cap would continue to climb, and that in turn the relative value of Urlacher’s contract would shrink. And the joke is on both sides; the Bears shouldn’t have locked him up for so long, and the player shouldn’t have wanted to be locked up for so long.

With that said, we don’t care much for Urlacher’s tactics. But, hey, at least he’s not sending nasty text messages to team president Ted Phillips. Yet.

BRIGGS STILL NOT HAPPY?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2008, 10:09 a.m.

As if the Chicago Bears didn’t have enough to worry about with middle linebacker Brian Urlacher wanting more money, the linebacker who did get more money apparently still isn’t happy about his situation.

Brad Bigg of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Lance Briggs has been skipping voluntary workouts. He reportedly has already missed enough of the sessions to miss out on his $250,000 workout bonus.

Last month, he signed a $36 million contract with the Bears, after it became obvious that there was no serious interest in him elsewhere.

It could be that Briggs is still upset that he wasn’t able to sign with the San Francisco 49ers, who very well might have been willing to pay more money to Briggs than what Briggs got from the Bears. But the Niners were, by all appearances, scared away from pursuing Briggs as a free agent due to the tampering charges that were filed by the Bears based on unauthorized contact with Briggs’ agent in conjunction with failed trade efforts during the 2007 regular season.

i'd say somethings wrong in chicago when you look at it. they got rid of one of the top d-cords in the nfl. they jerked briggs around, then the jerked lovie around, now these things

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
How can you ask for more money and more years, and then threaten to retire do to injuries? I think that you are stating that you are a bad investment. Thats just me though.

The Leaper
04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Urlacher has no leverage...he'll be on the field under his current deal in September.

Scott Campbell
04-18-2008, 11:16 AM
”It’s a joke,” Mulligan’s source added. “Players never walk away from millions. They threaten to, but they never do it.”

Never?

Barry Sanders.

Brando19
04-18-2008, 11:21 AM

Never?

Barry Sanders.

BINGO

Rastak
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
URLACHER REFUTES REPORTS
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2008, 12:00 p.m.
In response to a report of rumors that Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher has either requested a trade or threatened to take a medical retirement (or both), Urlacher says that the reports are wrong.

“I never said that I was going to quit,” Urlacher told the Chicago Tribune. “That’s just a gossip column. Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media.”

If taking a medical retirement was ever an option, it isn’t now, given Urlacher’s comments regarding his health: “[M]y neck is rehabbed and back to normal,” Urlacher said. “My back is better now than it was at any point last season.”

As to a trade, Urlacher said he’s happy where he is. “Everybody knows I want to be in Chicago,” he said. “I’ve said that from Day 1. I can’t imagine playing anywhere else. I want to be with my teammates.

“Could I see a scenario where I wouldn’t be here? It would be if they traded me. But we all know that’s not going to happen.”

As to his contract status, Urlacher provided the Tribune with a brief update. “They’ve offered me a one-year extension,” Urlacher said. “My agents are doing a great job for me. I try to stay out of it as much as I can.”

It remains to be seen whether the Chicago Sun-Times responds to Urlacher’s attempt to refute its report.

KYPack
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM

Never?

Barry Sanders.

BINGO

Sanders quit for money. He waited until he knew he could keep his signing bonus and then quit. Barry Sanders is a rare case. A guy who is a superstar who doesn't really like the game he was playing. His dad made him go back and play at every level, high school, college and pro.

oregonpackfan
04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Bears fans can take consolation that they will still have Rex Grossman! :)

Joemailman
04-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Quote:
BRIGGS STILL NOT HAPPY?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2008, 10:09 a.m.

As if the Chicago Bears didn’t have enough to worry about with middle linebacker Brian Urlacher wanting more money, the linebacker who did get more money apparently still isn’t happy about his situation.

Brad Bigg of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Lance Briggs has been skipping voluntary workouts. He reportedly has already missed enough of the sessions to miss out on his $250,000 workout bonus.

Last month, he signed a $36 million contract with the Bears, after it became obvious that there was no serious interest in him elsewhere.

If there was no serious interest in him elsewhere, why the hell did the Bears pay him 36 million?

Scott Campbell
04-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Next up - Grossman Holds Out For More Alone Time With KGB.

Gunakor
04-19-2008, 04:53 AM

Grossman may be the most awesomest QB in the NFL next to Joey Harrington and Charlie Frye, but he has nobody to throw the ball to anymore. Mohammed is making a return to Carolina, and Berrian crossed through Wisconsin and is now playing for our other border rival. As bad as this news is for thier defense, thier offense is absolutely atrocious as it stands before the draft.

Rastak
04-19-2008, 05:41 AM

Grossman may be the most awesomest QB in the NFL next to Joey Harrington and Charlie Frye, but he has nobody to throw the ball to anymore. Mohammed is making a return to Carolina, and Berrian crossed through Wisconsin and is now playing for our other border rival. As bad as this news is for thier defense, thier offense is absolutely atrocious as it stands before the draft.

Yea, you guys think the Vikings offense is crap.....,man, the Bears most likely are setting a new standard for badness.

Iron Mike
04-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Yea, you guys think the Vikings offense is crap.....man, the Bears most likely are setting a new standard for badness.

I hope you realize that I'm filing this post in the grey matter to re-post once you're proven correct. 8-)

Fritz
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
I would not want to be a Bears' fan right now. It doesn't sound good, does it?

Tarlam!
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Only right now? Yuch. I would NEVER wanna be a Bears' fan! Ever!!

I only ever wann be a Pack fan.

Dabaddestbear
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
How can you ask for more money and more years, and then threaten to retire do to injuries? I think that you are stating that you are a bad investment. Thats just me though.

Actually he never said that...
"I never said that I was going to quit," Urlacher told the Tribune on Friday morning. "That's just a gossip column. Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-brian-urlacher-chicago-bears-080418,1,2933032.story

Briggs will be ok. the main worry in amongst Chicago fans is not the LB situation, its rather we can hit on the right 1st rounder in the draft.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Yea, you guys think the Vikings offense is crap.....man, the Bears most likely are setting a new standard for badness.

I hope you realize that I'm filing this post in the grey matter to re-post once you're proven correct. 8-)
Well tonight will be the night to be proven wrong or right. Times a ticking...lol

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 12:30 AM

Yea, you guys think the Vikings offense is crap.....,man, the Bears most likely are setting a new standard for badness.
Hmm. I love to bump stuff like this. Bears Offense is MUCH better than the Vikings, hands down....

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
For the Record...I LOVE BEING A BEARS FAN RIGHT NOW. :D
Now as a Packer fan I would be contemplating doing some real bad things right now :evil:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Hmm. I love to bump stuff like this.

Dumb ass. Like you're the only one that can bump threads. :bs:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=155533&highlight=#155533

That team down South is a bunch of massive chokers until proven otherwise. They almost blew their bye week home playoff game again last year. They looked terrific against the Saints. Then the stunk again against the Colts.

You have to be reasonably consistent to win the whole thing. They aren't. Not yet.
That Superbowl was played without Key players on defense in All pro's Brown and Tommie Harris. Add to that mix a nice addition to DT position, a sure handed top speed TE, with a new WR weapon to accompany the speedy Berrian and Moose and you have an much improved team. Are you actually reading the reports from camp on the Bears? Or better yet even this report posted here? Rex is better, Benson is quicker and more surehanded out the backfield than outsiders previously thought, and The WR corp is better and deeper than last year. ........

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:16 AM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=155533&highlight=#155533

That team down South is a bunch of massive chokers until proven otherwise. They almost blew their bye week home playoff game again last year. They looked terrific against the Saints. Then the stunk again against the Colts.

You have to be reasonably consistent to win the whole thing. They aren't. Not yet.
That Superbowl was played without Key players on defense in All pro's Brown and Tommie Harris. Add to that mix a nice addition to DT position, a sure handed top speed TE, with a new WR weapon to accompany the speedy Berrian and Moose and you have an much improved team. Are you actually reading the reports from camp on the Bears? Or better yet even this report posted here? Rex is better, Benson is quicker and more surehanded out the backfield than outsiders previously thought, and The WR corp is better and deeper than last year. ........
Uh, and like always I have said everything that came to fruition. Bears did not get worse by any additions. But by mid season half of the defensive probowlers were out for most of the year if not all. If you notice in that thread everyone was saying the Bears were done. That superbowl was the last of anything good to come out of Bears for a while. Well weeere baaack! With an improved offense and defense. While the Packers are well...baaack to being bad. :twisted:

Glad you posted that thread, proved me right once again...lol.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Yeah, you sure were right. 7-9.

:bs:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:26 AM

Oooh, I was off on a prediction of records..lol.
I wasnt off on prediction of them not going anywhere cuz Brett no longer had it. And he proved me right--just as you have. :wink:

But dont worry, future injury prone Rodgers will do Ok in spurts. And if that doesnt workout you always have Flynn waiting in the wings.. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:33 AM

Oooh, I was off on a prediction of records..lol.

Just slightly. :bs:

MadtownPacker
10-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Nice how you only show up when the bears win. Shows you are nothing but a trifling ass troll. At least bearman showed his face last year when the bears chips where down.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice how you only show up when the bears win. Shows you are nothing but a trifling ass troll. At least bearman showed his face last year when the bears chips where down.
Madtown, you really are mad aint cha?..lol
You keep saying that same lame line. I never leave. I ALWAYS show up when you guys mention the Bears, plain and simple. Kinda like the boogey man that only appears when you mention his name..lol.
Other than that its really not that entertaining to debate issues here. That's what a rivalry is for. I was here when the Bears lost two straight when someone spoke up on them and will continue to do so.
Stop being such a chump and man up. Its a game, smile, be happy and wait till the next weekend to cheer your team on for a possible win.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
You keep saying that same lame line. I never leave. I ALWAYS show up when you guys mention the Bears, plain and simple. Kinda like the boogey man that only appears when you mention his name..lol.
Other than that its really not that entertaining to debate issues here. That's what a rivalry is for. I was here when the Bears lost two straight when someone spoke up on them and will continue to do so.
Stop being such a chump and man up. Its a game, smile, be happy and wait till the next weekend to cheer your team on for a possible win.I aint mad, Im just your Dad(dy). :lol:

You are a joke and we only keep you here as a pet bear troll. You have no citizenship on this forum like Rastak, MNGolf, bearman and other non Packer fans who take the good with the bad. If that same line is lame to you it is probably because it is too close to the truth. You ALWAYS show up when the bears win and the Packers lose. Not logging on and reading doesnt count, son.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Stop being such a chump and man up. Its a game, smile, be happy and wait till the next weekend to cheer your team on for a possible win.I aint mad, Im just your Dad(dy). :lol:

You are a joke and we only keep you here as a pet bear troll. You have no citizenship on this forum like Rastak, MNGolf, bearman and other non Packer fans who take the good with the bad. If that same line is lame to you it is probably because it is too close to the truth. You ALWAYS show up when the bears win and the Packers lose. Not logging on and reading doesnt count, son.
Do you really? I am here cuz I choose. Yeah, it really hurt my feelings that I am not accepted by the likes of you on here...lol. Let me pray to the football gods for you to accept me right away :roll:

If there is ever a time I am banned from here I will just continue on the other Packers boards. Some of you guys on here are starting to behave and cry like when you were all on jsonline. I come here for my daily comedy for those that take everything so literally and cry anytime you say anything against the Packers. Keep in mind, I am a RIVAL fan. I will not agree with 80% of what you fans say on here. What damn fun is it to have a "yes man" rival fan? I will rub it in win you lose. I will cheer for whatever team plays you guys "even the Vikings". And I most certainly will serve up the crow fresh on a platter when I so desire. So stop it with your bantering and bitching each time I make a comment. For if your intent is to chase me away, I have seen worse.

More than likely I have been around on these Packer boards longer than you...so just know each time I notice you becoming irate and crying :cry: over my very presence -- I grin. I grin and take pride in knowing it is so easy to get up under a grown (supposed to be mature) man's skin just by saying, THE PACKERS SUCK! -- You crying yet? :cry: :cry:
:twisted:

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 12:55 PM
PS...
I think Madtown likes me deep down inside. He just doesnt want to admit it amongst his other Packer fans :wink:
Its ok kid, they wont stone ya.
Be a Bear fan like me..its cool 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I think Madtown likes me deep down inside.

More than you know. If he ever asks you out for a beer, don't let your drink out of your sight for a second.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM

More than you know. If he ever asks you out for a beer, don't let your drink out of your sight for a second.Listen to this lil bitch, he was too scared to even come meet me this weekend.

MadtownPacker
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
PS...
I think Madtown likes me deep down inside. He just doesnt want to admit it amongst his other Packer fans :wink:
Be a Bear fan like me..its cool 8-)If your where not wanted you would be gone no? For all good there must be evil and you homeskillet are that evil. You serve a purpose, but if you will hibernate when the bears weather isnt so nice than what good are you?

I have never admitted this but I have a cuz who is a bears fan and he is a ahole just like you. :lol: Yes folks there are 2 Mexicans in Cali who fight over the Packers/bears rivalry. I would invite him on here but he would just be another damn troll to levels daweakessbear could never achieve.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2008, 01:17 PM

More than you know. If he ever asks you out for a beer, don't let your drink out of your sight for a second.Listen to this lil bitch, he was too scared to even come meet me this weekend.

i would have come if i could have. my bod hurts too much, even without your penetration.,

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
PS...
Be a Bear fan like me..its cool 8-)If your where not wanted you would be gone no? For all good there must be evil and you homeskillet are that evil. You serve a purpose, but if you will hibernate when the bears weather isnt so nice than what good are you?

I have never admitted this but I have a cuz who is a bears fan and he is a ahole just like you. :lol: Yes folks there are 2 Mexicans in Cali who fight over the Packers/bears rivalry. I would invite him on here but he would just be another damn troll to levels daweakessbear could never achieve.
Oh, how I would pay to see this..lol. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM

i would have come if i could have. my bod hurts too much, even without your penetration.,
Ok,..I dont know what I walked into here...but lets get back to football fellas :roll:

Patler
10-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Ok,..I dont know what I walked into here...but lets get back to football fellas :roll:

Football??? I thought you wanted to talk about the Bears!! :rs:

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 01:52 PM

ha ha...I am just in one big stand up comedy show now..lol

Patler
10-08-2008, 02:26 PM

ha ha...I am just in one big stand up comedy show now..lol

That's why trolls are tolerated!!

Scott Campbell
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
You have no citizenship on this forum like Rastak, MNGolf, bearman and other non Packer fans who take the good with the bad.

Excellent points. We have some noble trolls on this forum. Dabandwagonbear is not one of them.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2008, 08:19 PM
:arrow:

You have no citizenship on this forum like Rastak, MNGolf, bearman and other non Packer fans who take the good with the bad.

Excellent points. We have some noble trolls on this forum. Dabandwagonbear is not one of them.
Check your quote. Bad edit. I NEVER said this
You were supposed to quote the part where I said I DONT CARE...lol.
Oooh, I feel bad because I am not viewed as a "noble" troll on a Packers message board.. :roll:

My whole purpose on here lately is to rile up the idiot Packer fans that get mad anytime someone say something "against" their team and start :cry: .
Looks like I am doing a good job.

Once again, when you are ready to talk football like some of the more rational Packer fans on here then let me know. Until then :taunt:

BEARMAN
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM
For the Record...I LOVE BEING A BEARS FAN RIGHT NOW. :D
Now as a Packer fan I would be contemplating doing some real bad things right now :evil:

I have to agree 1000 % ! Tis good seeing Da BEARS ontop the NFCN, is a good thing !
As far as the pack goes, oh well so sad, maybe next year, ... then again, maybe not.... :shock:

SnakeLH2006
10-10-2008, 02:37 AM
My boss (the same douchebag who lost $50 last season saying Grossman would have a better QB rating in 07 than Brett) says Orton is much better than Arod. I disagreed until he offered a bet who would win more games in 08. I laughed and didn't take that bet when I doubted Arod will play more than 12 games. Go Iron Man Aaron!

Dabaddestbear
10-10-2008, 12:25 PM
My boss (the same douchebag who lost $50 last season saying Grossman would have a better QB rating in 07 than Brett) says Orton is much better than Arod. I disagreed until he offered a bet who would win more games in 08. I laughed and didn't take that bet when I doubted Arod will play more than 12 games. Go Iron Man Aaron!
Looks like you saved your self some change this year.

MadtownPacker
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Looks like you saved your self some change this year.A 1 game lead and you think the playoff bracket is set?? Hahaha, that there is disillusional if you ask me.

Dabaddestbear
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Looks like you saved your self some change this year.A 1 game lead and you think the playoff bracket is set?? Hahaha, that there is disillusional if you ask me.
The lead will grow my friend.
Its not about just the W-L column. Its about how they were achieved and consistency. The Bears seem to keep getting better, while the Packers seem to get worse.

mraynrand
10-10-2008, 05:29 PM

It could grow as fast as Kellen Winslow's privates. Or, the Packers could get treatment and the lead becomes a shriveled ... actually, I don't like this analogy. I think the race will be competitive.

MJZiggy
10-10-2008, 07:02 PM

It could grow as fast as Kellen Winslow's privates. Or, the Packers could get treatment and the lead becomes a shriveled ... actually, I don't like this analogy. I think the race will be competitive.

All that tells me is that you like competitive privates...or was it Kellen Winslow's privates? or you want his privates to be competitive? Never mind, I'm confused...

BEARMAN
10-10-2008, 07:48 PM

All that tells me is that you like competitive privates...or was it Kellen Winslow's privates? or you want his privates to be competitive? Never mind, I'm confused...

Confused, ... like most paker fans I see ! LMFAO !

Go BEARS Go !

MJZiggy
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Spoken like a man with no worries of large privates to speak of...

StPaulPackFan
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Its not about just the W-L column. Its about how they were achieved and consistency. The Bears seem to keep getting better, while the Packers seem to get worse.

How quickly things can change in one week. Or should I say 11 seconds... :P

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Check out this precious little bridge jumper:

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1249060.aspx

Just got home from the game. Got so ticked off i left the group...went to the airport and flew home instead of riding home with them.

This game....I feel we were outplayed...outcoached....and completely outclassed. The Falcons schooled us in what it means to have a freaking heart. They have a serious will to win. The Bears have a serious chip on their shoulders that i hope was just knocked off. The fans can sit all week and look at the teams....but man o man...when it comes time to play....you can throw all stats out the window. The Bears exposed themselves as pretenders today. That Pass defense....if that is what you choose to call it....blew about as bad as i think i have seen all year. So no...i don;t think we deserved to win the game. After this game....there should be no one saying "we should be 6-0." We were soundly beaten and the score is absolutely no indication of just how badly they wooped our tails. They need to learn to score TD's....and we need to learn to play pass defense. I hope Tillman didn;t get injured too badly...Anyone hear any word on him???

Clock issues....I don;t give a rats patoot about the clock. We shouldn;t have squib kicked it to begin with to allow ourselves to be in that situation to begin with. As i was sitting there with the Falcon fans....all they could do was laugh at that. They knew the Bear secondary hadn't stopped Ryan all day and they knew they still had 2 time outs. They knew Elam could hit from anywhere within 50 yards....so it wasn;t much of a gamble to throw that pass for Ryan. They just looked at me and said...see??

Atlanta fans are extremely enthusiastic for this years team. They may not have the great history or anything else...but it has to start somewhere i suppose. One thing is for certain...they definately opened my eyes today. Ryan is a keeper....but any time you play 10 yards off receivers..even a college qb could shred you apart. That was just pathetic.

1) Ryan had a career day passing yards wise
2) Anderson got the first sack of his career today. In 21 games he hadn;t even sniffed the qb...and Orton just walks right into him.
3) *** was Harris thinking??? Anyone happen to catch that garbage on tv??? It almost looked like he thought the play was over and slapped the ball away or something. What a bafoon.

Dabaddestbear
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM

How quickly things can change in one week. Or should I say 11 seconds... :P
I still stand by what I say. I liked what I saw from Orton. But that dam 6 seconds was the worst I can remember in a Bears game..lol.

They will still take the division as it stands.

Dabaddestbear
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Check out this precious little bridge jumper:

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1249060.aspx

Just got home from the game. Got so ticked off i left the group...went to the airport and flew home instead of riding home with them.

This game....I feel we were outplayed...outcoached....and completely outclassed. The Falcons schooled us in what it means to have a freaking heart. They have a serious will to win. The Bears have a serious chip on their shoulders that i hope was just knocked off. The fans can sit all week and look at the teams....but man o man...when it comes time to play....you can throw all stats out the window. The Bears exposed themselves as pretenders today. That Pass defense....if that is what you choose to call it....blew about as bad as i think i have seen all year. So no...i don;t think we deserved to win the game. After this game....there should be no one saying "we should be 6-0." We were soundly beaten and the score is absolutely no indication of just how badly they wooped our tails. They need to learn to score TD's....and we need to learn to play pass defense. I hope Tillman didn;t get injured too badly...Anyone hear any word on him???

Clock issues....I don;t give a rats patoot about the clock. We shouldn;t have squib kicked it to begin with to allow ourselves to be in that situation to begin with. As i was sitting there with the Falcon fans....all they could do was laugh at that. They knew the Bear secondary hadn't stopped Ryan all day and they knew they still had 2 time outs. They knew Elam could hit from anywhere within 50 yards....so it wasn;t much of a gamble to throw that pass for Ryan. They just looked at me and said...see??

Atlanta fans are extremely enthusiastic for this years team. They may not have the great history or anything else...but it has to start somewhere i suppose. One thing is for certain...they definately opened my eyes today. Ryan is a keeper....but any time you play 10 yards off receivers..even a college qb could shred you apart. That was just pathetic.

1) Ryan had a career day passing yards wise
2) Anderson got the first sack of his career today. In 21 games he hadn;t even sniffed the qb...and Orton just walks right into him.
3) *** was Harris thinking??? Anyone happen to catch that garbage on tv??? It almost looked like he thought the play was over and slapped the ball away or something. What a bafoon.
lol..I can go down the list and list comments and analysis from your fellow Packer fans about the dismay of the team right on here. That same fan will be screaming Superbowl when they win 2 straight. :roll:

The bandwagon comes and goes. But I am an frequent and consistent rider.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
But that dam 6 seconds was the worst I can remember in a Bears game.....

Poor baby. I feel terrible for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
The NFC North is something to behold this year, they are all 3-3 now, except for the Lions.

Our crappy team is better than your crappy team!

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Ozzie says:

http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/ozzie-guillen-choke.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
But that dam 6 seconds was the worst I can remember in a Bears game.......

I bet you feel just like Rex. Only you took yours from Lovie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4320/grossmanod3bq0.jpg

Dabaddestbear
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
But that dam 6 seconds was the worst I can remember in a Bears game.......

I bet you feel just like Rex. Only you took yours from Lovie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4320/grossmanod3bq0.jpg
Too bad Rex isnt even our QB anymore.
Orton is doing his job. And each week has done nothing but get better. Both starting DB's was out for the game. The falcons exploited that. Good coaching on their end. The CB's or at least one of them will be back next week ready to go. Different ball game.

Dabaddestbear
10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
The NFC North is something to behold this year, they are all 3-3 now, except for the Lions.

No your crappy team is still pretty crappy...lol.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM

Correction - he's not your starter. He's still your QB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=field+goal+beats+bears&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=falcons%20beat%20bears&hl=en&emb=0

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2008, 04:10 PM

Correction - he's not your starter. He's still your QB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell, in that case I will put Rex up against Flynn anyday..lol.
But why do I need to? We have a QB in Orton that has had a strong showing in his last 4 games. I can live with that. cant live with the defenses 4th quarter lapses though :(

Oh well...new week. Time for Minny!

Iron Mike
12-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Hmm. I love to bump stuff like this. Bears Offense is MUCH better than the Vikings, hands down....

http://www.chrisabraham.com/orly-thumb.jpg

pack4to84
12-29-2008, 07:30 AM
The Packers D has played bad all year yet they finish ahead of the bears in defense.
GB 20 ranked
Chi 21 ranked

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Bear Trolls, come out come out wherever you are! Bears gag antoher one and they are no where to be found. What a shock. :lol:

imscott72
12-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Bear Trolls, come out come out wherever you are! Bears gag antoher one and they are no where to be found. What a shock. :lol:

I have a feeling we're troll free until next Spring..

Dabaddestbear
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM

uh, I am glad you bumped this cuz it proves my point.
The Bears finished and did waaay better than expected this season with a QB no one gave us a chance to win with.
He led his team to a BETTER record than the Packers, the team predicted by most analyst to take the NFC North crown!

So even with a defense that couldn't stop the big pass play to save its life and made sub par QB's look like they were destined for the Hall of Fame. Orton still took care of business, and although most of you laughed at Orton being our starting QB, he led the team to more comeback wins than your savior Rodgers. A QB that had a team with a better defense than the Bears overall (as a earlier poster noted), yet his team failed miserably to expectations.

So my friends, be careful of bumping ANY Bear fan post from earlier this season, cuz from what it seems it will only make a lot of you kool-aid drinkers that never gave them a chance look like geniuses. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
12-29-2008, 11:17 AM

And I was right.
And the qoute was about who would win more games, "NOT" who would go to the playoffs.
I was right again. Thanks again for bumping this thread "Iron Mike"..lol :wink:

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM

The Bears finished and did waaay better than expected this season with a QB no one gave us a chance to win with.
He led his team to a BETTER record than the Packers, the team predicted by most analyst to take the NFC North crown!

So even with a defense that couldn't stop the big pass play to save its life and made sub par QB's look like they were destined for the Hall of Fame. Orton still took care of business, and although most of you laughed at Orton being our starting QB, he led the team to more comeback wins than your savior Rodgers. A QB that had a team with a better defense than the Bears overall (as a earlier poster noted), yet his team failed miserably to expectations.

So my friends, be careful of bumping ANY Bear fan post from earlier this season, cuz from what it seems it will only make a lot of you kool-aid drinkers that never gave them a chance look like geniuses. :wink:You could run for political office. Spin all you want but your team still didn't make the playoffs and choked on a big one when they had a chance to clinch. At this point you are either in the plyoffs or not. Keep failing as usual troll.

Dabaddestbear
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM

In the end our crappy team was better than your crappy team. And your team beat the crappiest team in the NFL..lol.
Dammit! The NFC north has too many crappy teams. I hope we all get better and kick the crap out of every other division like the NFC South did this year.

Dabaddestbear
12-29-2008, 11:36 AM

So my friends, be careful of bumping ANY Bear fan post from earlier this season, cuz from what it seems it will only make a lot of you kool-aid drinkers that never gave them a chance look like geniuses. :wink:You could run for political office. Spin all you want but your team still didn't make the playoffs and choked on a big one when they had a chance to clinch. At this point you are either in the plyoffs or not. Keep failing as usual troll.
ANd thats why I am on a sports forum and not in political office.

Thats no spin. THATS FACTS!
I wonder do aome of you even read the actual post and thread before responding, or do you just see its from a Bears fan and look to automatically blast?

This thread evolved into laughter at how the Bears QB would not take them further than the Packers. He did. FACT.

Now if you want to talk about how the Bears who was predicted to finish last in the division, yet almost won it, in spite of the group of no name WR's and one of the worst inept defensive Coordinator's they have had in forever...then start a thread about that and we can go at it. Stick to topic at hand, it helps for the conversation and sensible debate to flow.

Wow, I miss the Packer fans that actually talked reality. Regardless of the differences we had in regards to our teams, at least they stayed on topic..... :roll:

:idea: Forum Troll:
An obnoxious user or member on a forum that goes out of their way to make pointless, offensive, or annoying posts and messages. Often these users are labeled as spammers and will post random off-topic junk in many sections of a forum.
You, my friend have become a troll on your own teams message board.

Iron Mike
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM

<snip>
Bunch of typical Bear fan bullshit removed
<snip>

No.........your point was that the Bears' Offense is MUCH better than the Vikings.

And only a Care Bears fan would consider 26th place better than 17th (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsTeam?div=NFL&stype=offense&stable=overall&stat=overallYds&dir=descending&season=regular).

But feel free to go ahead point out how statistics don't show just how awesome the Bears' Offense was this year, considering what you expected out of them. I know how self-delusional FIBs are. You go ahead and point out how you love to bump threads and point out how stupid Packer fans are, and I'll continue to bump threads and point out how stupid YOU are.

And then you can go ahead and spin it how ever you like.

Just remember which one of us gets labeled a troll. :roll: