PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hornung to get Statue

KYPack
06-01-2006, 11:30 AM
There is very little GB Packer news coming from Kentucky. Here is a good story:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- "Golden Boy" Paul Hornung will join "Pee Wee" Reese at the front of Louisville Slugger Field.

A seven-foot bronze statue of Hornung, a Louisville native who won the Heisman Trophy at Notre Dame in 1956, will grace the front of the park.

The statue, which will depict Hornung early in his career with the Green Bay Packers, was commissioned by a group of Hornung's friends, led by attorney Robert Stallings.

The statue will be unveiled next week at Louisville Slugger Field.

Louisville sculptor Raymond Graf created the Hornung sculpture. Hornung, 70, graduated from Flaget High School in Louisville. Drafted No. 1 overall by the Packers, Hornung won his first Super Bowl in 1967.

(There is one more sentence in the AP article, do they have fact checkers?)

"He went on to win three more in his career."

Paul probably told 'em that as a joke!

Deputy Nutz
06-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Will he be holding wagering slips in his left hand and the football in his right?

KYPack
06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Nutz!

You old dog.

Rotate your avatar, willya? This one is over the top.

Al Bundy was a classic, how 'bout bringing him back?

Congrats on yer 1000th post, BTW.

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Makes you hungry for a piece of chocolate cake.

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Makes you hungry for a piece of chocolate cake.

That's the most unappealing avatar I've ever seen Nutz

Cheers,
B

neil38133
06-02-2006, 07:57 AM
"Will he be holding wagering slips in his left hand and the football in his right?"

3 to 1 odds probably not.

KYPack
06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I shouldn't have let Nutz dis the Golden Boy, but what the hell, he's Nutz!

(BTW, where do you get these f*ckin' avatars? They're creepin' me out!)

Hornung is a God down here in KY. He is probably more popular here than in WI, if that's possible. He is still remembered for his High School football exploits. He had a radio show in Louisville and had Brett on a couple times.

He told some funny stories about Brett partying at his golf tournament when 4 was not supposed to be a drinkin'.

The Kentucky High School Football Player of the Year gets the Paul Hornung award. The first recipient was Shaun Alexander from near-by Boone County High.