PDA

View Full Version : NFC Championship rewind...

packers11
04-19-2008, 12:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G-IFghSILmM

Was that a PI or not...

I remember watching the play and thinking to myself we got robbed, but then I looked at again later on and thought that it was over 5 yards...

Could have been a huge change in the game, but just wondering what you guys thought of that play?

oregonpackfan
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
As much as I would have loved for the interception to have counted for the Packers, I can understand why it was nullified and the penalty called against Harris.

The receiver was downfield 5+ yards from the line of scrimmage and Harris made contact with the receiver while the ball was still in the air.

I thought one of the biggest failed plays in the game was when Ruvell Martin dropped a pass in the middle around the Giants' 30 yard line. If caught, the pass would have given the Packers a first down as well as good field position.

Because Martin dropped the pass on third down, the drive was killed and the Packers had to punt the ball away.

falco
04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
i rewatched part of this game on NFLN a few weeks ago - I totally agree OPF. That pass to Martin would have at least put us in FG range.

Fred's Slacks
04-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I remember that play vividly. It was a huge let down. Martin made a number of nice grabs for us during the regular season but he had that and another disappointing drop in the Seattle game. The Seattle game drop didn't matter much because we had a big lead at the time but the one against the Giants really hurt.

Bretsky
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I remember that play vividly. It was a huge let down. Martin made a number of nice grabs for us during the regular season but he had that and another disappointing drop in the Seattle game. The Seattle game drop didn't matter much because we had a big lead at the time but the one against the Giants really hurt.

Where is Ballhawk to apologize for his favorite Martin ?

Playmakers make plays in key situations; Ruvell is just a guy

The Leaper
04-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I agree that Ruvell is nothing more than a #4 WR in our offense who can also be utilized in red zone situations. With his size and athletic ability, if he was anything more than that he would've developed awhile ago.

BallHawk
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM

It was a pass across the middle, far from a routine catch. It was a tough play and he didn't come down with it. He could of caught, maybe he should of caught it, but he didn't. But you can't base a player's ability to contribute to the team on one play. Ruvell is an above average #4 WR and he could play #3 WR on a good number of teams.

Keep him in Green Bay, throw him some more balls, and he will score.

Bretsky
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM

It was a pass across the middle, far from a routine catch. It was a tough play and he didn't come down with it. He could of caught, maybe he should of caught it, but he didn't. But you can't base a player's ability to contribute to the team on one play. Ruvell is an above average #4 WR and he could play #3 WR on a good number of teams.

Ah, you are here to defend him

Just a guy; that's my story. He is what he should be, and that is an adequate #4 or #5 WR.

If he's your #3 you have poor depth on WR; then again he may start for the Vikings :lol:

Bretsky
04-20-2008, 03:31 PM

It was a play a NFL caliber WR is expected to make; if he catches that ball it's not a great catch or anything. Both hands were on it; he left his feet. It was a ball a WR should catch.