PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers of OTA Day 2: My View

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Winners

Ahmad Carroll - Looked to gain a few pounds of muscle. Looked in great shape. With Harris and Woodson away, he is obviously the #1 CB. I didn't see a WR catch a ball on his side all day. He shut his guy down.

Marquand Manuel - Looked very sure of himself and energetic. He made a nice near INT on a play over the middle on a day when the Offense was pretty much unstoppable.

Brett Favre and The O. - Just a stud. He makes things happen

Aaron Rodgers - Connected with Cory Rodgers on a perfectly thrown deep ball. Was consistant. His arm is not as lively as Brett's at 36. I don't think he'll ever wow us. I think he's well on his way to managing wins if he has a good defense.

Samkon Gado - Works really hard. Runs every ball to the endzone.

Greg Jennings - Never dropped a ball in 2 full days of practice. Has incredilbe body control and hands. Every single catch looks effortless. He has great body control and feel for the game. If he was a little bigger, he might be the best WR on the team.

Nick Barnett - Practices really hard and plays fast. He is one of the hardest workers on the team IMO.

Boerigter - Looked consistant. He might not be spectacular, but he catches the ball and has the ability to make a big play here and there. He is the anti-Antoio Chatman as a #3 WR.

Colledge - My last report I said he looked small. I take that back. Physically, he fit in. He's not quite as big as Tausch and Clifton, but he's close. He's bigger than Wells. Maybe he looked so small last time because he was next to Whit.

TT - Everyone and their sister was bitching about Thompson not wanting Favre back. Bullshit. He is Bretts best friend. I watched for the chew thing like the other guys said and I never caught it. They did talk quite a bit. They appeared to just be shooting the shit during most breaks.

Losers

Mike Hawkins - He looks like Tarzan and today, played like Jane. Not only was he getting beat inside today, but he was also getting burned outside. He needs alot of work. Carroll is the healthy #3 CB. IMO there is no real competition.

The Defense - Got burned quite often, but where missing Collins, Woodson and Harris so that could be an excuse.

Ferg - Dropped a few balls. Sure, no big deal but if those were live bullets, I woulda been so frustrated with him.

Gardner - If he was there, I never saw him. He is invisable.

Cory Rodgers - Has really bad hands on punt returns. Drops more than he catches. I know he is extremely explosive with the ball in his hands, but he needs to get the damn ball first. I'm anxious to see him with pads because without he doesn't stand out at all

Thats about it.........

FavreChild
06-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks, NC. But next time, could you report back a little faster? :wink:

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh wait...Carroll got beat once when he was in the slot by Ferg. He still had a good day.

AtlPackFan
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Winners

Ahmad Carroll - Looked to gain a few pounds of muscle. Looked in great shape. With Harris and Woodson away, he is obviously the #1 CB. I didn't see a WR catch a ball on his side all day. He shut his guy down.

Marquand Manuel - Looked very sure of himself and energetic. He made a nice near INT on a play over the middle on a day when the Offense was pretty much unstoppable.

Aaron Rodgers - Connected with Cory Rodgers on a perfectly thrown deep ball. Was consistant. His arm is not as lively as Brett's at 36. I don't think he'll ever wow us. I think he's well on his way to managing wins if he has a good defense.

Greg Jennings - Never dropped a ball in 2 full days of practice. Has incredilbe body control and hands. Every single catch looks effortless. He has great body control and feel for the game. If he was a little bigger, he might be the best WR on the team.

Nick Barnett - Practices really hard and plays fast. He is one of the hardest workers on the team IMO.

Boerigter - Looked consistant. He might not be spectacular, but he catches the ball and has the ability to make a big play here and there. He is the anti-Antoio Chatman as a #3 WR.

Colledge - My last report I said he looked small. I take that back. Physically, he fit in. He's not quite as big as Tausch and Clifton, but he's close. He's bigger than Wells. Maybe he looked so small last time because he was next to Whit.

TT - Everyone and their sister was bitching about Thompson not wanting Favre back. Bullshit. He is Bretts best friend. I watched for the chew thing like the other guys said and I never caught it. They did talk quite a bit. They appeared to just be shooting the shit during most breaks.

Losers

Mike Hawkins - He looks like Tarzan and today, played like Jane. Not only was he getting beat inside today, but he was also getting burned outside. He needs alot of work. Carroll is the healthy #3 CB. IMO there is no real competition.

The Defense - Got burned quite often, but where missing Collins, Woodson and Harris so that could be an excuse.

Ferg - Dropped a few balls. Sure, no big deal but if those were live bullets, I woulda been so frustrated with him.

Cory Rodgers - Has really bad hands on punt returns. Drops more than he catches. I know he is extremely explosive with the ball in his hands, but he needs to get the damn ball first. I'm anxious to see him with pads because without he doesn't stand out at all

Thats about it.........

Great observations Nick. Thanks! This is why I come to Packer Rats and browse through the POSTs. My meager football knowledge increases with each visit...seriously!

chain_gang
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the info Nick, Glad to hear about Carroll doing well. Sure sounds like Jennings is the real deal from all I've read and heard about him. I still say he starts out the season Number 2 WR. Guess we'll find out for sure in another couple months, can change a lot once the pads go on.

Thanks again Nick.

Harlan Huckleby
06-01-2006, 02:05 PM
This could be Carroll's break out year.

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM

Aaron Rodgers - His arm is not as lively as Brett's at 36.

Love hearing this. I hope Favre has a fantastic year and then those that were squawking for him to be benched or traded can stick a sock in it. ....like there was anyone that could have done better last year with what they were working with!

Can't wait to see this guy play!!

FavreChild
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, this is the kind of service you get here on PackerRats.com. Faster than you can read or hear from any other WI media outlet.

I do not remember TT hanging out at practice last year. He would be fascinating to observe. Let's just hope tank doesn't get any ideas about him and Brett's relationship. I am happy that he is interacting with the players at all.

NC, what is the coaching dynamic like with all the new personnel? What was the crowd like today?

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 02:13 PM

I didn't catch the Ferg thing..He looked pretty good, and made a few nice plays..I certainly didn't expect to see him in the losers section..

Gardner wasn't there..

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I do not remember TT hanging out at practice last year. He would be fascinating to observe. Let's just hope tank doesn't get any ideas about him and Brett's relationship.

I would be MORE worried about Tank doing something crazy .....knowing TT's exact location on a given day. Maybe we should take up a collection for extra security. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I think the best use of that security money would be to get some quality bud for tank. He's unlikely to take any drastic action, just think about it.

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Cory Rodgers - Has really bad hands on punt returns. Drops more than he catches. I know he is extremely explosive with the ball in his hands, but he needs to get the damn ball first. I'm anxious to see him with pads because without he doesn't stand out at all.
I noticed this too. He was muffing too many punts..And it's even worse because there was no one going after him..What happens in a game when there are a buncha guys running down the field trying to knock him out?

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Actually FC, TT attended quite a few practices last year as well. can't miss that white hair standing out !

i was looking at the pics on packers.com (which by the way sucked, lol) and it looked like hardly anyone was there yesterday. If people are wanting a nice close up look at the players, these OTA's and minicamps are the things to go to.

If you are an autograph seeker, there is also no better time.

thanks for the update, Nick!

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the best use of that security money would be to get some quality bud for tank. He's unlikely to take any drastic action, just think about it.

True! He would be playing video games stoned for weeks at a time.....non-stop.

Harlan Huckleby
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
What happens in a game when there are a buncha guys running down the field trying to knock him out?

He takes out his piece, fires a couple warning shots.

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM

I didn't catch the Ferg thing..He looked pretty good, and made a few nice plays..I certainly didn't expect to see him in the losers section..

Gardner wasn't there..

One sticks out in my head big time. It was a slant over the middle and the DB did a pretty good job on the defense. Ferg should have had it though. Driver would have. Jennings would have. It's just the inconsistancy that is Ferg.

He did make some good plays. I probably didn't need to include him in the losers. He was a little inconsistant though. You probably watch him alot closer than I do.

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
What happens in a game when there are a buncha guys running down the field trying to knock him out?

He takes out his piece, fires a couple warning shots.

LMAO!! that was good

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys...I'm probably not the most objective reporter. I am a fan. I'm kind of searching for good so take it for what it is....

Oh yeah, I didn't think McCarthy's practices were as organized as Shermans. I will say this as a major difference I noticed.

Sherman used to run more individual drills. He had a very organized schedule where players would rotate often at the sound of the buzzer.

McCarthy seems to have more just plain football practice. He does probably double the 11 on 11 drills. I tend to think it's a good thing, but Sherman always had his guys prepared, so we'll have to wait and see on that.

B.J. Sander looked better today. Ryan still had the edge though.

Badgepack
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
The practice information that is given so quick is outstanding and I thank everyone.

Would it be too much to ask for live video feed? :D

CaptainKickass
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Nothing but thanks Nick. I always read your winners and losers in the past and loved 'em. - I'm on the west coast and this type of reporting keeps me close to home!

Deputy Nutz
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Collins is a thief.

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
The practice information that is given so quick is outstanding and I thank everyone.

I can record 3 minutes at a time on my camera. I'll take it next time and try to get some feeds...

There were alot more people this time so it wasn't as easy to get whatever shots you wanted....It was probably 3x the peeps. I think they flocked once they heard Brett was here.

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Collins is a thief.

Thief???

FavreChild
06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
"Official Winners and Losers" is a registered trademark of Nutz.

You did not specify "official," however, so I'm not sure if copyright law holds up here. :wink:

CaptainKickass
06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Relax Nick - you probably just stole his thunder!

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
yes NC, thats good stuff.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I do not remember TT hanging out at practice last year. He would be fascinating to observe. Let's just hope tank doesn't get any ideas about him and Brett's relationship.

I would be MORE worried about Tank doing something crazy .....knowing TT's exact location on a given day. Maybe we should take up a collection for extra security. :wink:

I am a liberal, so I dont hate people like that. I want thompson fired, or resigned, not hurt. Thompson is a rich man; if he's fired today, he can get through life without having to work again. Fire Thompson today, and the world becomes a better place.

Besides, im in dc right now being a robot; not in wisconsin

Deputy Nutz
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
"Official Winners and Losers" is a registered trademark of Nutz.

You did not specify "official," however, so I'm not sure if copyright law holds up here. :wink:

God Damn it!!!
Your right, carry on.

Way to walk the fence Nick. I almost caught ya.

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM

Ohhh, GOOD idea. Screw the still photographs, i can zoom in much better with my camcorder! the only place that I know of to upload video is putfile. Anyhow have better ideas?

pittstang5
06-01-2006, 03:21 PM

Ohhh, GOOD idea. Screw the still photographs, i can zoom in much better with my camcorder! the only place that I know of to upload video is putfile. Anyhow have better ideas?

Hey guys and gals - I finally found you all.

This is great! The potential now to view video of practices! What's next? Huge props to all that have contributed with the pictures and reports. I am having one of the lousiest days and this keeps me going. Thanks everyone.

Partial
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Do we know if Mad has any extra webspace for uploading files? Does anyone here have broadband and a mac? They could reencode the video and take it from HUGE to internet friendly sized!!

Partial
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum pittstang!

swede
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Pittstang! Welcome home!

Joemailman
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Collins is a thief.

Maybe you should get even by starting a poll. Maybe something about allowing OT threads on the Packer Forum? :mrgreen:

Bretsky
06-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Gardner wasn't there..

Were you wearing your Fegyfraud shades today ? :wink:

Scott Campbell
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM

Well done Nick!

Did you notice if Gado was hitting his holes any better/quicker? Any nifty moves, or was he a one cut guy?

Scott Campbell
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey guys and gals - I finally found you all.

About frigg'n time. Didn't you get the engraved invitation we sent? How'd you find it?

Welcome aboard!

Joemailman
06-01-2006, 06:43 PM

Well done Nick!

Did you notice if Gado was hitting his holes any better/quicker? Any nifty moves, or was he a one cut guy?

Scott,

With zone blocking, isn't one-cut running what is called for?

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 07:41 PM

Gardner wasn't there..

I don't wear shades, B :D

Patler
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Losers

Probably should take him off your list. According to the paper he is NOT there, people might get the wrong impression!

"Cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, receiver Rod Gardner, safeties Nick Collins and Mark Roman and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett were among the players who were still missing at the optional workout."

Bretsky
06-01-2006, 08:29 PM

Gardner wasn't there..

I don't wear shades, B :D

Maybe I should have said Blinders

Scott Campbell
06-01-2006, 10:39 PM

Well done Nick!

Scott,

With zone blocking, isn't one-cut running what is called for?

Won't you still sometimes need 2nd and 3rd cuts for LB's and DB's?