PDA

View Full Version : Something To Look Forward To!

Patler
04-20-2008, 07:57 AM
For those of you a lot younger than I am, in about 40 years or so you will be able to debate with “youngsters” about whether Henry Hotshot, who has just broken all of Peyton Manning’s career passing records, is really a better QB than Manning, or even better than Favre, whose records Manning surpassed.

You will be able to argue that the rules changes made in 2025, not allowing DBs to touch a receiver until two steps after he has caught the ball, have been entirely responsible for QBs routinely throwing for 500 yards per game; and the increase from 16 regular season games to 20 regular season games has inflated single season totals beyond what Manning or Favre could have hoped for in a mere 16 game schedule. Besides, the rule change that doesn’t allow QBs to be tackled gives Henry Hotshot a level of confidence in the so-called pocket that neither Favre nor Manning enjoyed.

One thing is for certain, Favre at his size could never play “today” in 2045 when the average QB is 6’8, 270 lbs. It was a completely different game back “then” when linemen at about 300 lbs were the size of running backs “today”, and you rarely saw a 400 pounder. Yup, those players from the turn of the century couldn’t even step on to the field with the athletes/players of 2045!

Just a little something for you all to look forward to!!

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 08:09 AM
So Grady Jackson was just ahead of his time. Here I've been thinking he was fat.

Patler
04-20-2008, 08:24 AM
So Grady Jackson was just ahead of his time. Here I've been thinking he was fat.

No, Grady is fat.
The new training methods and nutritional "supplements" available in 2045 will make the players bigger, stronger, faster and better conditioned than those old time players like Favre or Manning.

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 08:28 AM

No, Grady is fat.
The new training methods and nutritional "supplements" available in 2045 will make the players bigger, stronger, faster and better conditioned than those old time players like Favre or Manning.

I see. So then Tony Mandarich and Jose Canseco were just ahead of their times. The Players will be popping the Bill Romanowski line of performance enhancing "supplements".

Guiness
04-20-2008, 08:33 AM

No, Grady is fat.

QFT

Those supplements will allow players to maintain a true 5% bodyfat at 400lbs!!!

*ducking*

Patler
04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
I see. So then Tony Mandarich and Jose Canseco were just ahead of their times. The Players will be popping the Bill Romanowski line of performance enhancing "supplements".

No, they will be popping new ones, maybe even legal ones.

Do you not think that players will continue to get bigger and bigger, as they have for the last 40 years?

Brando19
04-20-2008, 08:45 AM
And we'll be making fun of Matt Hasselback because baldness will be a thing of the past.

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 08:47 AM

No, they will be popping new ones, maybe even legal ones.

Do you not think that players will continue to get bigger and bigger, as they have for the last 40 years?

Yeah, I'm just having fun with my vision of the future. 40 years from now I expect headlines like "Soldier Field Condemned - Bears Move To Peoria".

Just travel to Europe and look at some 500 year old buildings, and the size of the old beds. Humans have been getting bigger for long time now.

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 08:49 AM
And we'll be making fun of Matt Hasselback because baldness will be a thing of the past.

In 40 years, Matt will be President of the Hairclub for Men, and be proudly sporting his new mullet.

Patler
04-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Just travel to Europe and look at some 500 year old buildings, and the size of the old beds. Humans have been getting bigger for long time now.

Yeah, or look at their door frames. I'm not a big guy, but had to duck going from room to room in many of the old castles. It is clear those buildings were built for much smaller people.

Brando19
04-20-2008, 08:55 AM

In 40 years, Matt will be President of the Hairclub for Men, and be proudly sporting his new mullet.

I would say the Hairclub for Men will be a thing of the past because it's not your real hair...and there will be a cream you rub on your head that regrows hair where you rub it. Matt with a mullet...you may be onto something!

Patler
04-20-2008, 09:19 AM
..and there will be a cream you rub on your head that regrows hair where you rub it.

Just make sure you wear gloves when you apply it, and don't let any of it drip down your back!

MJZiggy
04-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, this thread has taken an unexpected turn!!! :lol:

Funny how I still fit in all those old beds and door frames. :?

oregonpackfan
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM
In August of 2045, headlines in Detroit will be saying, "Is this the year the Lions finally make it to the Super Bowl?'

GM Matt Millan shouts from his motorized wheelchair, "The new WR we drafted in the first round this year should help us get over the hump!" :)

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Funny how I still fit in all those old beds..........

Ummm, how many beds are we talking about Zig?

:P

MJZiggy
04-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I was wondering who was gonna be the first to go there....

Little Whiskey
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
back on topic.

It will depend who Henry Hotshot plays for!

The Leaper
04-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't think the size of players will rise nearly as fast in the next 30 years as it did in the previous 30.

The average size of players has probably increased by 20% in the last generation. In the next generation, I expect that to decline to roughly 5-10%...depending on the advance of supplements/other "juice". Still an increase, but not as significant.

However, statistics will increase due to the expected expansion of the season to 18 or 20 games in the future. 1500 yards rushing and 4000 yards passing will become the standard that 1000 and 3000 currently are.