PDA

View Full Version : A life lesson tale-please share with your children!

sheepshead
04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Modern Day Ant and Grasshopper

There are two Versions - Read
Both !!!

TRADITIONAL VERSION:

The ant works hard in the
withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up
supplies for the winter. !

The grasshopper thinks the ant
is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and
well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the
cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION

The ant works hard in the
withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up
supplies for the winter..

The grasshopper thinks the ant
is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering
grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant
should be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show
up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of
the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food

America is stunned by the sharp
contrast.

How can this be, that in a
country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah
with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy
Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a
demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film
the group singing, 'We shall overcome. Jesse then has the group kneel
down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry & Harry
Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten
rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax
hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the
Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of
the summer! The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number
of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his
home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary Clinton gets her old law
firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant,
and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton
appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the
grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the
government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house,
crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the
snow..

The grasshopper is found dead in
a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a
gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be very careful how you vote in

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
ya, ya - the rich people are good and virtuous.

the poor people are lazy and bad.

fuck you

Scott Campbell
04-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Hilarious story!!!

Partial
04-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Hilarious!!

Little Whiskey
04-20-2008, 03:12 PM

fuck you

naaaa, just blue dogs

sheepshead
04-20-2008, 04:21 PM

fuck you

Nice! Now there's a civil response! Besides you're missing the point. It's not about rich people. Rich people dont work for their money (see Kerry, John,;Kennedy, Edward, John, Robert) they inherit it. This is about hard working people. Not rich at all.

Iron Mike
04-20-2008, 05:34 PM

fuck you

Nice! Now there's a civil response! Besides you're missing the point. It's not about rich people. Rich people dont work for their money (see Kerry, John,;Kennedy, Edward, John, Robert) they inherit it. This is about hard working people. Not rich at all.

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/635/pooh20owned2qm.jpg

LL2
04-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Here's another version of the story...

The ant toils daily, makes sacrifices (no luxury vacations in far-flung colonies), scrimps and saves to send his larvae to college and retire. He struggles to manage and properly diversify his crumbs, tries to take appropriate risk (foraging just far enough from the nest to get results without getting devoured), and hopes the queen ant doesn't tax his stash into oblivion.

The grasshopper, meanwhile, plays his fiddle, replaces his molting exoskeleton with one by Prada every season, ignores his 401(k) plan, buys an alfalfa pasture with no money down and a subprime mortgage, and hops away when the interest rate readjusts.

You can read the whole article here...

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/moneyhappy/73482

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2008, 06:31 PM

MORAL: the poor or struggling people you see on TV are like the lazy grasshopper. So its a cause for smugness by the comfortable middle class, not a concern.

F-you again. And I certainly will remember your little morale fable when it is time to vote. But I will likely vote for McCain anyway, even though the class-warfare mongers within the Rebublican Party make it a wrenching decision.

PS. Nice cracker-pleasing reference to Jessie Jackson. Jackson has been out of the spotlight for a good ten years. Couldn't you choose a more topical uppity nigger like Obama or Rev. Wright?

falco
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
PS. Nice cracker-pleasing reference to Jessie Jackson. Jackson has been out of the spotlight for a good ten years. Couldn't you choose a more topical uppity nigger like Obama or Rev. Wright?

hey, they wouldn't be so uppity if it wasn't for those "northern white boat-rocking civil rights workers to go down south a generation ago and basically stir up trouble among blacks who were content with their life".

sheepshead
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM

MORAL: the poor or struggling people you see on TV are like the lazy grasshopper. So its a cause for smugness by the comfortable middle class, not a concern.

F-you again. And I certainly will remember your little morale fable when it is time to vote. But I will likely vote for McCain anyway, even though the class-warfare mongers within the Rebublican Party make it a wrenching decision.

Please stop- if you are trying to inject race into this and insinuate I am a racists, I'll gladly PM you with my personal e-mail and cell phone number and we can talk it through. Chill out man.

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I apologize for going slightly postal, you pushed my buttons.

And I further apologize to Joemailman for using that demeaning expression.

texaspackerbacker
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM

hey, they wouldn't be so uppity if it wasn't for those "northern white boat-rocking civil rights workers to go down south a generation ago and basically stir up trouble among blacks who were content with their life".

Gosh, falco, where did you dig up such a totally profound line like that? I may have to sue you for plagiarism.

LL2, in YOUR version of the story, who is supposed to be who(m)? It sounds to me like you are making the case for the opposite side from what you are on.

Harlan, your belligerent side is showing again. Do you honestly see the Republican Party as the one promoting class warfare? That's just wrong! Class warfare has been the copyrighted trademark of the Democratic Party at least back to FDR.

hoosier
04-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Please stop- if you are trying to inject race into this and insinuate I am a racists, I'll gladly PM you with my personal e-mail and cell phone number and we can talk it through. Chill out man.

Why is it all of a sudden Harlan who's "trying to inject race into this"? Were you completely unaware that your not-so-subtle reference to Jessie Jackson already did that?

SkinBasket
04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Jesus. Now you can't mention a black leader's name without having a racist agenda? I suppose he also introduced batrachophobia into the thread in the same way by including Kermit. Misogyny by the invocation of Oprah's name. Who knows what other irreparable harm has been done by posting this old chain e-mail! The hallowed halls of society are burning!!!!! ZOMG!!! Run for your pathetic lives sinners!!

Zool
04-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Can I walk for my life? Its kinda early to be out running.

SkinBasket
04-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Can I walk for my life? Its kinda early to be out running.

If you don't mind singed ass hairs. Of course it's rather insensitive of me to assume you don't shave your ass. I apologize to you and your ass. I wouldn't want to interject hairy-assism into this thread, after all.

sheepshead
04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
It's not even worth a response. Only liberals are concerned about the color of a guys skin, who he prays to or sleeps with. It's ridiculous really.

Zool
04-21-2008, 08:35 AM
So all KKK members are liberals? Who knew. Looks like Obama has the Klans vote.

sheepshead
04-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I meant politically pea brain.

Zool
04-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Name caller.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Do you honestly see the Republican Party as the one promoting class warfare? That's just wrong! Class warfare has been the copyrighted trademark of the Democratic Party at least back to FDR.

"Class warfare" is so imbedded in human nature that no group or ideology owns the franchise. The accusation comes more often from the right, but they are no better. People can't get enough of bonding with their own kind by claiming moral superiority over the Others.

People seem to identify themselves as members of tribes organized by any of race, income, cultural values/interests, religion.

This thread had a number of beauties. Jessie Jackson's name was not chosen randomly. He has been off the scene for years, why him? Because he remains the perfect symbol of clamorous blacks. Mention his name, and people from Sheephead's tribe(s) nod their heads in solidarity.

The grasshopper story was blatantly and explicitly an opportunity for middle class people to feel superior to the poor. Never mind that "the poor" are a collection of real humans who all have a unique story and set of cirumstances.

Note the reaction when I generically referred to the conflict as "rich vrs poor!" :lol: Sheepshead and Iron Mike righteously thrust-out their middle class cracker chests and said, "Whoa, liberal boy, that story is not talking about rich people, we're talking about hard-working people."

Hah! More tribalism! They hopped on the other class warfare wagon that says the rich are inferior to the middle class. See, it's OK to denigrate poor people, they are lazy. And its OK to put-down rich people, they probably got their money the easy way. It's us, hard-working, middle class folk who are the virtuous ones.

sheepshead
04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Jesse's still around. I live in Chicago and have heard him speak once or twice. He's very good and should be a positive force for minorities but unfortunately he went off the reservation years ago.

By the way, I just cut and pasted that story, I didnt write it. Insert Al Sharpton if it makes you feel better. Bottom line is liberalism has no place in national government. Never has, never will.

It's interesting to watch liberals getting up-in-arms these past few weeks as they are starting to realize that neither of these two lightweights can win a general election even if GWB was running again.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 12:13 PM

"northern white boat rocking civil rights workers"..code for JEWS.

texaspackerbacker
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Jews, now, Tyrone? That is LAUGHABLE! While in a literal sense, you may be correct that a lot of those "boat-rocking" Yankees may have been Jewish, in the here and now, the Jewish population has been "Farakhanned" into good sense--or at least a survival instinct.

In actuality, there are TWO DISTINCT AND DIFFERENT ISSUES--really with very little overlap: Economic Class Warfare AND Liberal Domination of Black "leadership"--going back to the civil rights movement.

In what seems to be the subject of this thread, the economic class warfare thing, bringing up Jesse Jackson is not necessarily a race card thing. Jesse Jackson is first and foremost a liberal--who likes to exploit jealousy of the relative have-nots against the achievers who have relatively better lives. There may be a racial correlation there, but not really a cause and effect.

I will save the racial stuff for the other thread.

MJZiggy
04-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Have nots vs. achievers...interesting.

texaspackerbacker
04-21-2008, 02:50 PM
I said RELATIVE have-nots. Even those "have-nots" nowadays in America are way better off than people practically anywhere else in the world or even better off than in America in any earlier era.

But that doesn't stop the Jesse Jackson/Hillary/Obama-types from demagoguing it and stirring up jealousy of the "ant" types, who have been comparatively more successful and thus, have even better lives.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 03:12 PM

I actually don't mind that characterization at all. It wouldn't exist if the Democrats didn't constantly pander to the poor with divisionary rhetoric about "corporate fat cats" and tax cuts for the rich that "exploit good decent working folk".

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Note the reaction when I generically referred to the conflict as "rich vrs poor!" :lol:

Yeah, well I noted your "fuck you" tribal reaction to a moral fable with underlying thinking that would put your free meal ticket agenda at risk.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 03:33 PM

I actually don't mind that characterization at all. It wouldn't exist if the Democrats didn't constantly pander to the poor with divisionary rhetoric about "corporate fat cats" and tax cuts for the rich that "exploit good decent working folk".

I couldn't agree more scott. There wouldn't be any racism around if the damn blacks would just stop pandering. And, same for women and sexism...just more pandering.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Never mind that "the poor" are a collection of real humans who all have a unique story and set of cirumstances.

Yeah, well there's a whole bunch of them that are screw ups that can't lay off the crack pipe, or put down the bottle. Or they screwed off in school, or made a lot of bad choices. Some of them are simply blame shifters. Some are flat out lazy. And many of their stories and circumstances aren't all that unique.

Not all of them mind you. And that's the problem. The Democrats would like to paint all of the poor as people who were forced into their situation by a "series of unfortunate events" beyond their control. Even though they did everything they were supposed to, these poor souls were just the victims of "bad luck". They couldn't help it. There's nothing they could have done differently. And you can always find a few sob stories out there that would seem to support that notion. And then the Democrats will try and lump all the crack ho's in with the good folks from the sob stories.

Well, I don't buy it. And the moral fable that kicked off this thread would seem to poke fun at those that do buy into it.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 03:51 PM

I couldn't agree more scott. There wouldn't be any racism around if the damn blacks would just stop pandering. And, same for women and sexism...just more pandering.

If you're intent on having a discussion about racism and sexism, I suggest you start a separate thread for that topic.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM

If you're intent on having a discussion about racism and sexism, I suggest you start a separate thread for that topic.

No, i was simply talking about pandering.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Never mind that "the poor" are a collection of real humans who all have a unique story and set of cirumstances.

Yeah, well there's a whole bunch of them that are screw ups that can't lay off the crack pipe, or put down the bottle. Or they screwed off in school, or made a lot of bad choices. Some of them are simply blame shifters. Some are flat out lazy. And many of their stories and circumstances aren't all that unique.

Not all of them mind you. And that's the problem. The Democrats would like to paint all of the poor as people who were forced into their situation by a "series of unfortunate events" beyond their control. Even though they did everything they were supposed to, these poor souls were just the victims of "bad luck". They couldn't help it. There's nothing they could have done differently. And you can always find a few sob stories out there that would seem to support that notion. And then the Democrats will try and lump all the crack ho's in with the good folks from the sob stories.

Well, I don't buy it. And the moral fable that kicked off this thread would seem to poke fun at those that do buy into it.

While i do agree with what you said..i wonder, how many rich folks are exactly like those screwups.

In that they are lazy, party alot, etc. But, they have the fortune to have rich parents and connections. I've seen this happen quite a bit.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
While i do agree with what you said..i wonder, how many rich folks are exactly like those screwups.

In that they are lazy, party alot, etc. But, they have the fortune to have rich parents and connections. I've seen this happen quite a bit.

Me too:

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~nhiggins/billy.madison.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Me too:

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~nhiggins/billy.madison.jpg

I was thinking more about:

http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2005/01/bush.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 05:19 PM
there are good and bad people in all walks of life. I have not found any group to be more or less virtuous once you get to know them.

well, except for the jews.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Note the reaction when I generically referred to the conflict as "rich vrs poor!" :lol:

Yeah, well I noted your "fuck you" tribal reaction to a moral fable with underlying thinking that would put your free meal ticket agenda at risk.

Scott, you repeatedly characterize me as a welfare loafer. I come from a relatively wealthy family who have helped me out of scrapes here and there, that's the extent of my free loading. When I was a lad, I was paid in stock at some small high tech companies, which has helped me out now that I'm in my declining years. I don't have ambitions of government help. Well, maybe some of that government cheese would be cool.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Scott, you repeatedly characterize me as a welfare loafer.

1) Tyrone is a crackhead.
2) Ballhawk is 15, and learned all about the redlight district in Amsterdam from reading about it on the internet.
3) Nutz likes "big boned" women - preferably Asian.
4) Little Wiskey has a gun rack in his pickup.
5) Iron Mike has over 3200 cd's in his collection.
6) Madtown couldn't possibly run a Packer Forum.
7) Scott Campbell is a Polygamist Mormon prick.
8) Patler is really Bob Harlan.
9) The ladies of PackerRats are a beer and a shot away from a massive lesbian orgy, and everybody but B. is invited to watch.
10) Harlan is a moral crusader/lazy welfare cheat.

This forum thrives on these truths, and many others just like them.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
labeling me this way seems to be limited your pet project. well, enjoy.

MadtownPacker
04-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Scott, you repeatedly characterize me as a welfare loafer. I come from a relatively wealthy family who have helped me out of scrapes here and there, that's the extent of my free loading.
Bitch I KNEW it!!

Dont every deny this shit anymore, I got your ass flat out confessing it.

Now continue to break it down skank.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Dont every deny this shit anymore, I got your ass flat out confessing it.

Getting him to admit it was my pet project. 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Mad, send me a PM with the past statements where I mislead you.

And if you're going to quote my previous statement, don't just take part of it to distort what I said.

MadtownPacker
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Mad, send me a PM with the past statements where I mislead you.

And if you're going to quote my previous statement, don't just take part of it to distort what I said.Whooo, awfully serious there lil boylover blue. Did that pesky webback hit a soft spot? :lol:

MadtownPacker
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Haha, I pissed Harlan off!!

Sent him a PM and he logged off like a lil panoch. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
i'm not mad. I just hate you.

i didn't see your PM. But i don't care what you said, because i hate you.

Zool
04-21-2008, 07:53 PM
i'm not mad. I just hate you.

i didn't see your PM. But i don't care what you said, because i hate you.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Harlan and Mad
Sittin in a tree.....

SkinBasket
04-22-2008, 07:24 AM
And if you're going to quote my previous statement, don't just take part of it to distort what I said.

Yeah, stop that! You're stealing his gig.