PDA

View Full Version : It's easy to fool a fool Dept

KYPack
04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
I've always felt that Brian Baldinger is a big, fat over-stuffed moron. Although this might be a shrewd call on his part, he also could be a blithering idiot.

I hope it's the latter. Check out his comment on McFadden.

"I think he's the colossal bust in this draft. He doesn't run with patience. He's a very incomplete back who tries to run you over. If he gets a crease, he can take it to the house. But he doesn't break tackles and he fumbles. I'm not impressed." - Fox Sports NFL analyst Brian Baldinger on Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

oregonpackfan
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Save this quote for next December. Either Baldinger will be dead wrong or on the mark.

Personally, I think McFadden will be a great pro.

DonHutson
04-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Although this might be a shrewd call on his part, he also could be a blithering idiot.

That's a risk we're all familiar with, I'm sure.

As for McFadden, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bust. But I think it's off-field Lawrence Phillips type crap that will bring him down. "One more for the thumb" should refer to SB rings, not a rough estimate of the number of kids you've spawned by the time you're old enough to drink in public.

KYPack
04-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Although this might be a shrewd call on his part, he also could be a blithering idiot.

That's a risk we're all familiar with, I'm sure.

As for McFadden, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bust. But I think it's off-field Lawrence Phillips type crap that will bring him down. "One more for the thumb" should refer to SB rings, not a rough estimate of the number of kids you've spawned by the time you're old enough to drink in public.

I know what ya mean, DH.

I think McFadden is a complimentary player. Used in the right context, he can put you over the top. If a team that needs a 3 down guy drafts him, he'll bust.

Doesn't NE have a shot at him?

That kind of situation could be scary.

texaspackerbacker
04-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I would have bet last year that Adrian Peterson would be a bust too. Odds are against any given star college RB becoming a star pro RB. It could go either way with McFadden. He does remind me of Peterson, though.