PDA

View Full Version : Report: Deal between Dolphins, OT Long close

packers11
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
www.rotoworld.com

NBCSports.com's Tom Curran reports the Dolphins are nearing a contract agreement with Michigan OT Jake Long.

The deal would make Long the No. 1 overall pick. The Dolphins began talks with Long's agent, Tom Condon, two weeks ago and never engaged in serious deliberations with any other player. Curran writes that with Long off the board, St. Louis is "a lock" to use the No. 2 pick on a defensive player. Chris Long is reportedly "very confident" he'll be the Rams' choice.

Source: NBCSports.com

Dabaddestbear
04-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I was hoping they would select the other Long (DE). Then it would allow the Bears a better chance to select a top LT. :(

packers11
04-21-2008, 02:58 PM
The Palm Beach Post seconds NBCSports.com's report that the Dolphins are nearing a contract agreement with Michigan OT Jake Long.

The Post says an agreement could be announced "any day" and that there's a "very good chance" Long will already be under contract by day one of the draft.

Source: Palm Beach Post

LL2
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm glad the Pack do not have a top 5 pick. All the guaranteed money they get is ridiculous. The NFL needs to change rookie compensation to be similar to the NBA. Lebron James didn't get $35 million in guaranteed money. He signed a short 3 yr deal, then a pretty good short second contract. Lebron will break the bank with his next one. The NFL needs to make changes. It's pretty much the only draft where most teams do not want a top 5 pick.

BallHawk
04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I was hoping they would select the other Long (DE). Then it would allow the Bears a better chance to select a top LT. :(

Might wanna change your location, DBB. :wink:

sheepshead
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Dont believe anything Bill Parcels says during the months of February, March and April.