PDA

View Full Version : GB Press Gazette, Demovsky Weblog

motife
06-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Posted 1:55 PM

Minicamp #2 wrap up/OTA preview

Before the first of 14 days of organized team activities (OTAs) start on Wednesday, here's a look at the best and worst from the second minicamp.

Five who looked good
1. Corey Williams: The third-year defensive tackle got good pressure with his pass rush and had multiple deflected passes.
2. Arliss Beach: Though the undrafted rookie free agent running back was never a starter at Kentucky, he looks like he might have a chance at the NFL. He sees holes well, runs hard and has impressed the team's scouts and coaches.
3. Scott Wells: The center is finally out of Mike Flanagan's shadow and appears to be a natural leader and has good command of the zone-blocking scheme.
4. Ruvell Martin: The first-year receiver looks like he's something more than just a training camp body. He might not make the roster because of the draft picks taken ahead of him, but he might be able to play in the NFL because he runs good routes and catches the ball easily.
5. Ingle Martin: The rookie quarterback made his share of mistakes but he made a play that makes you think he's got something special. He rolled out to his right and on the run threw a perfect 15-yard touchdown pass to Ruvell Martin during a red-zone drill.

Five who looked bad
1. Donnell Washington: The defensive tackle who was held out of the first minicamp because he was out of shape lost a measly seven pounds in the two weeks between camps. A 350-pound man should be able to lose seven pounds in a day or two.
2. Donald Lee: The tight end who contributed last year had several drops and penalties.
3. Ahmad Carroll: The hot-tempered cornerback didn't show any signs of maturity when he got into a fist-fight with Ruvell Martin.
4. Marc Boerigter: The free agent receiver had a chance to make what would have been difficult catches and two balls thrown behind him in the Saturday afternoon practice but couldn't haul in either one. Special receivers probably make those plays.
5. Leo Bookman: The former track star at Kansas hasn't played football in a couple of years, and it showed. He's a big-time project as a receiver because he doesn't understand the subtleties of route running and doesn't catch the ball easily.

swede
06-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Posted 1:55 PM

5. Leo Bookman: The former track star at Kansas hasn't played football in a couple of years, and it showed. He's a big-time project as a receiver because he doesn't understand the subtleties of route running and doesn't catch the ball easily.

Billy Schroeder, another world class speedster, used to wow me in all the Training Camp drills, looking speedy and athletic and catching every ball thrown his way. Then he'd get on the field in 11 on 11 and sort of get lost in traffic. I am waiting for a cinderella to show up and help the team and make me believe that TT has the golden touch, but Bookman probably ain't the guy because receivers pretty much need the whole package in order to be good.

FavreChild
06-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds like Boerigter is having a reversal of fortune this time 'round, according to our EXCLUSIVE live reports.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Billy Schroeder, another world class speedster, used to wow me in all the Training Camp drills, looking speedy and athletic and catching every ball thrown his way. Then he'd get on the field in 11 on 11 and sort of get lost in traffic. I am waiting for a cinderella to show up and help the team and make me believe that TT has the golden touch, but Bookman probably ain't the guy because receivers pretty much need the whole package in order to be good.

Bill Schroeder was the complete package. He had everything you would want in a WR, speed, size and good route running skills. What Schroeder lacked was black skin. Schroeder was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of opportunities because he was white. I've said this before and will say it again, Bill Schroeder deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame.

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
He was consistant. I think he's servicable....I liked Jennings alot more.

RashanGary
06-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think he deseved to be on the bad list. I think some where expecting great things out of him. I thought he was crap initially, so seeing him play decent was more than I thought he would do.

Tony Oday
06-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Bill Schroeder was the complete package. He had everything you would want in a WR, speed, size and good route running skills. What Schroeder lacked was black skin. Schroeder was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of opportunities because he was white. I've said this before and will say it again, Bill Schroeder deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame.

LOL HEHEH ohh my Lord!!!
Put down the weed!!! you have done smoked yourself retarded.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
LOL HEHEH ohh my Lord!!!

Who is the greatest WR ever, born and raised, from Wisconsin? No other than Bill Schroeder.

(Definitely not Darren Charles; I knew he wasn't any good when I shut him down)

Schroeder beats the odds as a 6th rd pick out of a Division 3 school (Damn you, Alverez, why the fuck did you not give Schroeder a schoolarship, and you gave one to Charles?!?!), shedded the stereotypes off his back, and just when he was about to make it, Holmgren unjustly threw him into a dog house; Schroeder eventually got out of it and became a solid contributor for the Packers for several years.

Bill Schroeder, Wisconsin's very own. The best there is, there was, there ever will be.

Tony Oday
06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
please please stop I cant stop laughing after these posts!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Collins,

I think this report was from the last minicamp, right? Thus, this report and your reports on Ahmad Carroll are not from the same practices.

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
LOL HEHEH ohh my Lord!!!

Who is the greatest WR ever, born and raised, from Wisconsin? No other than Bill Schroeder.

Schroeder beats the odds as a 6th rd pick out of a Division 3 school (Damn you, Alverez, why the fuck did you not give Schroeder a schoolarship, and you gave one to Charles?!?!), shedded the stereotypes off his back, and just when he was about to make it, Holmgren unjustly threw him into a dog house; Schroeder eventually got out of it and became a solid contributor for the Packers for several years.

Bill Schroeder, Wisconsin's very own. The best there is, there was, there ever will be.

Isn't Al Toon from WI ?

Plz don't tell me the weed has pushed you far enough to declare Schroeder is better than Al Toon.

cpk1994
06-02-2006, 03:11 AM
APB obviously ignores all the times Shroeder would fall down in the fetal position after a catch so he wouldn't get hit. Also, He obviously ignores Chris Chambers, who is 10 times the reciever Shroeder never was.

Fritz
06-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Tank, you must be getting crack sprinkled in with your dope, man. Bill Schroeder may have been the greatest receiver ever to come out of his high school, but let's not go much further than that, okay?

MadtownPacker
06-02-2006, 07:43 AM
APB obviously ignores all the times Shroeder would fall down in the fetal position after a catch so he wouldn't get hit. Also, He obviously ignores Chris Chambers, who is 10 times the reciever Shroeder never was.Dont forget running out of bounds when the nearest defender was like 5 yards away.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Isn't Al Toon from WI ?

Plz don't tell me the weed has pushed you far enough to declare Schroeder is better than Al Toon.

Toon went to Wisconsin but he wasn't born in Wisconsin. Notice I said Schroeder was the best WR born and raised in Wisconsin. He is, and no one else compares.

chain_gang
06-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I'll agrue that point,

Ever hear of a guy named Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch from Wausau. Wisconsin.
Inducted into College football hall of fame, and the Pro football Hall of Fame. Played College Ball at Wisconsin, and Pro for the L.A. Rams.

Here's his stats.

387recs 7029yds 18.2ypc 60tds

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=98

Check out the link.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I'll agrue that point,

Ever hear of a guy named Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch from Wausau. Wisconsin.
Inducted into College football hall of fame, and the Pro football Hall of Fame. Played College Ball at Wisconsin, and Pro for the L.A. Rams.

Here's his stats.

387recs 7029yds 18.2ypc 60tds

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=98

Check out the link.

Elroy who? Sorry I was not born before or during the civil war.

Fritz
06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, Tank, you can't wiggle out of this one. If you're going claim that the guy's the best ever from the State of Wisconsin, then you'd better know your history.

That'd be like claiming that John Kennedy was the best president ever, and then when someone else pointed out that Lincoln was pretty damn good, claiming you didn't know who this Lincoln guy was and therefore should not be held accountable. It ain't gonna wash.

Besides, if Schroeder's the best receiver ever out of Wisconsin, then Wisconsin is a pretty piss poor state for producing wide receiver talent.

And Crazy Legs Hirsch was awesome, by the way.

Brandon494
06-02-2006, 02:05 PM
"Bill Schroeder was the complete package. He had everything you would want in a WR, speed, size and good route running skills. What Schroeder lacked was black skin. Schroeder was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of opportunities because he was white. I've said this before and will say it again, Bill Schroeder deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame."

I know I just joined this forum, but that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. I don't know what football games you were watching but Schroeder was no where near as good as Randy Moss is and to say he didnt get the opportunities because of his race is just plain stupid.

MJZiggy
06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
"Bill Schroeder was the complete package. He had everything you would want in a WR, speed, size and good route running skills. What Schroeder lacked was black skin. Schroeder was Randy Moss before anyone ever heard of Randy Moss.

Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of opportunities because he was white. I've said this before and will say it again, Bill Schroeder deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame."

I know I just joined this forum, but that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. I don't know what football games you were watching but Schroeder was no where near as good as Randy Moss is and to say he didnt get the opportunities because of his race is just plain stupid.

That's Tank. You'll get used to it.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, Tank, you can't wiggle out of this one. If you're going claim that the guy's the best ever from the State of Wisconsin, then you'd better know your history.

That'd be like claiming that John Kennedy was the best president ever, and then when someone else pointed out that Lincoln was pretty damn good, claiming you didn't know who this Lincoln guy was and therefore should not be held accountable. It ain't gonna wash.

Besides, if Schroeder's the best receiver ever out of Wisconsin, then Wisconsin is a pretty piss poor state for producing wide receiver talent.

Ive just read his profile, and Elroy isnt a "pure" WR. He won the Heisman as a RB and was drafted into the NFL as a RB.

To say that Hirsch is the best WR out of Wisconsin is like saying Marshall Faulk is the best WR out of California.

KYPack
06-02-2006, 03:02 PM
LOL HEHEH ohh my Lord!!!

Bill Schroeder, Wisconsin's very own. The best there is, there was, there ever will be.Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of opportunities because he was white. I've said this before and will say it again, Bill Schroeder deserves to be in the Packers Hall of Fame.

To some of more recent members:

This is Tank. Every village has an idiot & he is ours

This statement is a lie:
Tank never did this, because no one did this in high school ball, espec. no DB from Appleton.

As far as Tanks's statements that Bill Schroeder should be in the Packer HOF, HOF'ers should lead their team in recieving 3 or 4 times, no?

Schroeder never did this even once.

Zool
06-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Bill "Alligator Arms" Schroeder never met a sideline he didnt like. Ran like the wind. Dropped like a rock after the catch. Seems to me that he didnt do much when he got away from Favre.

No Mo Moss
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/laughing_group_270.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/pointingandlaughing.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/killoran25/sarahlaughing.jpg

KYPack
06-02-2006, 06:39 PM

Ive just read his profile, and Elroy isnt a "pure" WR. He won the Heisman as a RB and was drafted into the NFL as a RB.

To say that Hirsch is the best WR out of Wisconsin is like saying Marshall Faulk is the best WR out of California.

Good one no Mo.

Well Tank, you've made it, you're a laughingstock.

Crazy Legs Hirsch was one of the greatest WR's in league history. He was a HOF flanker and your analogy to Marshall Faulk is as stupid as the rest of your shit.

green_bowl_packer
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
So who's this Douche Bag from Appleton?

GBRulz
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
great entrance, bowl. Welcome to Packer Rats.

KYPack
06-03-2006, 08:29 AM
So who's this Douche Bag from Appleton?

The old time posters call him Tank, based on his old screen name.

Many call him APB, after his current handle, the Anti-Polar Bear.

But after your brilliant initial post, he will be forever known as the "ADB"

That was a great first post and nice avatar.

That's the best debut I've seen since that kid from Kiln MI replaced Majkowski in '92!

(BTW, the "DB" in my post meant 'Defensive Back')

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Dont forget that Schroeder played against a bunch of fast, skilled "black" CBs like Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson. The guy with the horse name (Elroy), he played against slow, no talented "white" CBs, unlike me, who shut down Darren Charles.

Take that into consideration and Schroeder is better than the horse.

KYPack
06-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Dont forget that Schroeder played against a bunch of fast, skilled "black" CBs like Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson. The guy with the horse name (Elroy), he played against slow, no talented "white" CBs, unlike me, who shut down Darren Charles.

Crazy Legs also played against Black DB's. HOFers like Emlen Tunnel & Night Train Lane. Hirsch is in the Pro Footall Hall of Fame. Schroeder? a run of the mill WR.

You lose again, ADB

Anti-Polar Bear
06-03-2006, 02:26 PM

Crazy Legs also played against Black DB's. HOFers like Emlen Tunnel & Night Train Lane. Hirsch is in the Pro Footall Hall of Fame. Schroeder? a run of the mill WR.

You lose again, ADB

Tunnel and Lane? Never heard of such and such. But bet you've heard of Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson.

Had Schroeder played back in the days of the horse (Elroy), he would be known as the greatest WR today. On the other hand, the horse in his prime today wouldnt be able to match up against even Michael Hawkins.

I win again, kentucky (whore in italian)

KYPack
06-03-2006, 03:18 PM

You lose again, ADB

Tunnel and Lane? Never heard of such and such. But bet you've heard of Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson.

Had Schroeder played back in the days of the horse (Elroy), he would be known as the greatest WR today. On the other hand, the horse in his prime today wouldnt be able to match up against even Michael Hawkins.

I win again, kentucky (whore in italian)

Just because a fan who is ignorant of league history hasn't heard of these great players deosn't lessen their greatness.

As usual, you haven't won anything.

Bill Schroeder played well at times, but to compare him with an all-time great like Hirsch is ridiculous.

Charles Woodson is a good player, but no way is he in the same class as Night Train or Em Tunnell. I know you've never heard of these great players, but that ain't my fault. You are happy in your ignorance.

ADB, one thing bothers me. How come you remain such a dolt? You have been posting on these boards for quit awhile, yet you don't seem to learn anything.

Wise up, willya?

I'm done here.

green_bowl_packer
06-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Schroeder is German for "Bomb Dropper" and we've all seen him drop bombs that were right in his hands more than once. He'd get more camera time running back to the huddle after having dropped an easy pass than anyone since Ben Steele.

Thanks for the complements, I've actually been lurking for the past year or so on this and other Packer sites, so I kind of know how this site evolved from JSO to the other to here all the trials and tribulations, and a little bit about everyone who was a regular at JSO, and have to say this is where most of enlightened Packer discussions happen. So I've finally decided to dive in.

GrnBay007
06-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard Green_Bowl_Packer! Catchy name too!

KYPack
06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I'll second that.

Yer right in the swing of things, Bowl.

I liked your original avatar, it was classy.

You are right, this is where the big boys (and girls) play.