PDA

View Full Version : Driver takes over Favre's softball game

Brando19
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080421/PKR01/80421051/1989

Donald Driver is taking over for Brett Favre as the host of the annual summer benefit softball game between the Green Bay Packers’ offense and defense at Fox Cities Stadium.

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and the Donald Driver Foundation announced the change this morning.

“I always enjoyed playing in the game and being a part of a fun tradition. Now I’m glad I can take over for Brett and host it for all my teammates,” Driver said in a press release.

This year’s game will be June 15. The event begins at 11 a.m. and will include a home run derby and a sponsors’ softball game. Proceeds will benefit Driver’s foundation, which supports projects for homeless families and education.

Tickets go on sale May 1 at 10 a.m. Box seats are $30, reserved bleacher seats are $20 and general admission grass seats are $10. Patio tables seating four are $200 and include a mini-helmet autographed by Driver.

A four-game ticket package including the softball game and three Timber Rattlers games is available now. Box seats are $55.50 and reserved bleacher seats are $41.

For tickets, call the Timber Rattlers’ ticket office at (920) 733-4152 or go online at www.timberrattlers.com. For information, go to www.donalddriverfoundation.com.

Brando19
04-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I know Favre said he's taking a year off and not doing the softball game this year, but I wonder if he'll continue doing it in years to come or if Driver is taking over for good? I hope Favre doesn't just leave Green Bay for good.

RashanGary
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
This is one thing that I think would be cool if Favre kept coming to, to help charity.

GrnBay007
04-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Has anyone here ever gone to this? Is it hard to get tickets?

sheepshead
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I know Favre said he's taking a year off and not doing the softball game this year, but I wonder if he'll continue doing it in years to come or if Driver is taking over for good? I hope Favre doesn't just leave Green Bay for good.

I think it'll be rare the he spends any time up there going forward.

packinpatland
04-21-2008, 04:25 PM

I think it'll be rare the he spends any time up there going forward.

I'd say give the guy some time. He'll be back. His foundation is an important part of who he is.......he isn't going to forget that.......

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
He might not be back much. I think it depends on what else he ends up doing in his life.

MadtownPacker
04-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I think it being passed down from great player to great player and being kept as a tradition is the best way to go.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I think it being passed down from great player to great player and being kept as a tradition is the best way to go.

I agree with this. Let the elder statesman on the team carry on the proud tradition.

DonHutson
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM

I agree that's a nice idea.

And I just talked to Favre, if Rodgers gets beaned with a pitch we should give him a call. He'll come up and fill in for a few innings.

MadtownPacker
04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
And I just talked to Favre, if Rodgers gets beaned with a pitch we should give him a call. He'll come up and fill in for a few innings.Hahahaha!!! Thats a good burn.

packinpatland
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM

Hadn't thought of it this way.....you're right.
Favre and others can always come back if they want as 'guests'.

woodbuck27
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM

That's nice thinking Mad.

I like it that DD will take that Charity game on this season. What player is more suited to do that for one season or more? Donald Driver is so well liked and respected in the community. He does soild volunteer work.

DD is the consummate Green Bay Packer.

I believe that Favre won't forget his fans. Brett Favre will live on in Green Bay for decades and he'll not just disappear. Deanna Favre will benefit with the Brett Favre Foundation naturally, with Brett's love of his fans. He'll be visable for us in Wisconsin (Green Bay).

We havn't heard the last of Brett Favre.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Bretsky
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Who has been to this ? I think GBM has ?

Can somebody give me a scouting report on which tickets to buy ? They are cheap overall so I want the best seats atmosphere wise.

Have a feeling I'd like to attend.

Zool
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
God I hate the offseason. I caught myself reading this and actually being interested.